Are Space-Sim's one of the most poseur-core videogame genre?

Now hear me out for a second, cause I know there are a LOT of Space shitters here who will no doubt try to shit up my thread cause their lame ass excuse for video games are shit.

Let's start from the top, No Man's Sky, which is going to be utter shit, stole it's code and has nothing to offer. Star Citizen is trash cursed by feature creep and is a scam. And finally Freespace, a game which was suggested to me by some (now ex) friends of mine, is a shitty relic from days gone by and it's story is the most generic of western sci-fi shit I've ever experienced.

Now, Space-Sims aren't the ONLY poseur genre out there, there are MANY more (as listed in pic related), but it's one of the more prominent ones.

You all have a great day, and don't play pseudo-intellectual mr.bungle style trash.

what the fuck is poseur? just a faggy way of saying poser?

It's the proper way to say "Poser".

>bate image shitting on games Sup Forums loves
>fucking tripfag nobody has ever heard of

saged

Are you a butthurt poseur trying to cover your lack of self-esteem by posting "BATE" and "SAGED"?

Apply yourself and get some real taste.

Alright tripfag, what do you consider a good game?

>ace combat 5

Get fucked

At least quentin was funny.

Legends of Grimrock, Stranger of Sword City and HellMOO

>Pic

Honestly grew bored of Deus Ex by the time I reached the sub base. Stalker is definitely overrated trash and Hotline Memeiami is alright, though the premise is flawed. I haven't played the others.

Thanks for reading my blog, like, comment and subscribe for more great posts.

Left some space for all your other favorites.

What is the point of being a tripfag? Is it to get replies? For the years I've been here I still can't fucking understand it. Go to fucking Reddit.

Give me a detailed explanation as to why each game on this chart is considered "poseur-core", OP.

I imagine since they're popular OP assumes "pseudo intellectuals" attach to them to be seen as having good taste. OP is a dumbass though as those are popular games since they're just legitimately good fucking games.

>bait image
>tripcode when it doesn't fucking matter
>made it himself with a fucking signature
>names shit he thought sounded cool that he saw in one of those game level pics
Nice one.
Next time, say why its poseur core.
>inb4 criticism for calling it bait

Report this Sup Forums tier cancer please

What's poseur about Hotline Miami? It's a fun game, the others are boring and pretentious.

>artstyle
>le "so hard xD" maymay
>reddit-tier writing in the second one also ruins the first
>convoluted storyline for the hell of it

Peolple liek things i not
REEEEEEE FUKKEN NORMIES NU TASTEEEEEE REEEEE

fucking faggot trying to feel better because "muh taste" just play what you want, drop the trip and go eat a dick

Nice buzzwords. Good thing it's a fucking VIDEOGAME so the plot can take a back seat

>What is the point of being a tripfag? Is it to get replies?
Yes. They're only useful on hobby boards where personal experience or advice counts for a lot, in which case it's good to have a way of verifying someone's identity ie Sup Forums, /fa/

Thanks for making filtering you so easy, ButterToast

does my language trigger you asshole?

>artstyle is inscrutable pixels because that's what's in at the moment

>people think it's difficult for some reason and act like shitty level design is a selling point

>DUDE WHAT IF JACKET WAS A SUPER SOLDIER AND BEARD WAS A SUPER SOLDIER AND AND AND THE FANS ARE SUPER SOLDIERS AND THEN THERE'S A BANK HEIST AND A NUKE AND AND AND

>story is told out of order for no reason at all

Just finished playing through the STALKER games.

I enjoyed it very much.

I truly pity underage so desperate to stand out in a previously niche market gone mainstream they have to make terms like "poser-core"

elitism works in literature and film, MAYBE music, but for video games it's hilarious- there has never been a complex video game, they are all stupid and easy but simply design themselves in slightly more original ways to hide the fact

>Hotline Miami
>Not pretentious
Look I fucking love HM but your crazy if you think Deus Ex or Homeworld are more pretentious.

>inscrutable
I don't think you know what that means, user.

>there has never been a complex video game, they are all stupid and easy but simply design themselves in slightly more original ways to hide the fact
This is bait.

Fuck, I meant you're.

>GOG-core

every single time.

Those games are bad, at best mediocre, by no stretch are they worse than the ones in the pic, they're certainly designed worse

whatever, people will do anything to feel special, some with lower means than others, I.E. being a snowflake in video game taste KEK

>This is bait.
But it's not. You probably also think games are art too. Western culture has degraded quite heavily to allow that to become accepted as a general rule.

No Man's Sky kind of looks shitty to me and all, and Elite Dangerous sapped my faith in new space-sims but:
Only you can prevent yourself from using a shitty tripcode, faggot.

>Are space-sim the most poser-core genre

No, dungeon crawlers are.

They're fun.

>inscrutable: impossible to understand or interpret.
people act like the over-the-top kill sprites are on purpose but it's really because it's impossible to be subtle with meme pixels.

look at the sprite of anyone or anything that's not being bludgeoned or swinging a pipe and you'll see what i mean

is playing eye fine on your own or do you need to play with friends?

How? That game is absolutely ass even with the changes, quests are incomprehensible, trading is fucking quantum physics, the graphics and atmosphere is nice though. I like the game but damn it was a blunder.

can you rec me some good non poseur-core games then user?

>Freespace
>relic from days gone by

woah, that underage was easy to spot

Don't know whether or not you've played with the expansions but with those I absolutely love it.

Is this pouser core?

>no, dungeon crawlers are

>post this
>see

and this is why tripfags have never once been taken seriously.

Hey wow look it's someone trying to emulate another annoying tripfag like Quentin by acting like a retard and posting their name all over everything
How original
It never ceases to amaze me what people will do to get attention on this site

Elitism makes the most since for videogames since they tend to be long and able to lock you out of content.

No I haven't, I got stuck on a quest to build something in like the mid game and noone could figure it out, this was in launch by the way, you had to build a space station. I tried really really hard to like it, really really hard.

>trying to get attention
>on a site that is popular for how it allows people to use internet anonymity

I will never understand these underages.

>didn't even bother to make a comic
>just 1 image of a manga girl

get fucked tripfag

I'd highly suggest giving it another go if you still feel like getting into it.

>elitism makes the most sense for video games

where's your tripcode?

people like you make me angry that a brain was wasted on you when so many others could have it instead

>it's another "art students don their fedoras to adress the uncultured weaklings" episode

Yeah, it's pretty lazy fucking bait, but people still fall for it because Sup Forums is so easy to troll
Remember back in the day when shitty bait like this was just ignored?

Yeah I would but if I am going to go back into it I might as well try No Man's sky.

Not that guy, but I agree Hotline Miami's story is pretentious and stupid as fuck.
I think it's a fun game though

where the hell did this potion seller meme come from

it's just some chump fucking around with his webcam filter for a few minutes

More power to you than.

Though I'd say blowing $20 on a game you might not like is better than $60 on a pile of shit.

I agree with them though, video game elitism (implying it's an art form to begin with) is someting reserved for uncultured snowflake 15 year olds and it must be countered with basic logic

But you could make a game that nobody could never beat. Surely content blocking because someone doesn't pass a test is as elitest as you can get

TRIPFAGS ALWAYS BTFO

So what does this term mean? The poser part makes it sound like they don't play the games but you're clearly implying they are just bad or something. you should have just called it fedora core. 4/10 meet me after class

>But it's not
Are you sure? Because aside from your preoccupation with decadence and a pretty strict definition of art which, while I disagree with, is fair... are you just saying that there haven't been any complex video games, or do you think it's impossible for a video game to be complex?
In both cases, Pathologic.

Dislike of the artstyle is fair, but I still think it's a bit of an overstatement to say they're incomprehensible - objects, people, animals can all be easily distinguished, as can their types. Plus, 'inscrutable' doesn't have particularly negative connotations, which is what I was trying to point out.

>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Has a game ever like this *actually* been made, though?

Will it ever be made, thanks to the massive budget and teams games require, or at the very least long amounts of time, all of this leading to the prerequisite of people liking it?

Either way, that's still a pretty flimsy way of justifying it, I think you're just another retard desperate to look cultured or special but don't want to put in the effort to read or look into actual art so you just lower art's definition to where games fall under it. like the neckebeards that think capeshit is anything more than childrens movies

>banning negative opinion threads
we are literally neogaf now

The only poseur game on your list is deus ex, i have never seen someone try to gain some internet points with the other games.

based mods

Lmao shill mods

THANK YOU BASED MOD

>first meme gog dungeon crawlers
>now pathologic

oh my god, im leaving this thread, you just left reddit and think youre a big boy now and i wont torture myself reminding me of what i was like at 14

I guess I could understand calling Deus Ex a "poser" game, since it's so often praised as such a great game, but what the fuck is Armored Core doing there? It's pretty fucking niche, so you're not baiting very many people with that just me

>Deus Ex
>Shit
Pick one.

I'd have believed you if you had mentioned Kerbal Space Program, but you missed that chance. Good riddance.

it's ok when it's a tripfag though

>off topic threads being deleted
>tripfags btfo
theres a new sheriff in town boys...

MODS=GODS

Finally the mods do something other than delete good threads.

>it's pretendtious to refuse to eat shit, those companies are BIG that means they are IMPORTANT and you should be grateful for them to even EXIST; Who cares if you don't like it.

i hope you get banned to hell

MODS=GODS

>samefag btfo
put your trip back on so we know who to avoid

This is some fucking next level bait

>banning a tripfag
>not justify able in ever circumstance

MODS = GODS
PUBLIC BANS ARE WHAT'S NEEDED TO CLEAN UP THIS BOARD

BASED MODS

MODS

>B A S E D M O D S

Finally. It was awful enough seeing this spammed on Sup Forums.

>hes also LITERALLY a "le big corparotins are EVIL and uncreative im above their ways xD" underage

keep going with this babbies first "le freethinker" shit

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
HOPE THAT'S A PERMABAN FAGGOT

Banning someone because you don't agree with their opinion is a pretty reddit thing to do desu

THANK YOU BASED MODS
NOW JUST RANGEBAN BARNEYFAG AND LIFE WILL BE GOOD

thas what yah get

But his "opinion" was some faggy liberal bullshit. I'm glad that dumbass got BTFO. Hipsters are fucking despicable.

Trips on Sup Forums should be autobannable.

>he thinks he's a special snowflake for being contrarian
Nice going, kid.

>>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

>defending Tripfags

>banning an attentionwhoring tripfag who posted a giant pile of bait in a desperate plea for attention is Reddit
No it isn't

*downvoted*