Why doesn't Nintendo do these anymore?

Why doesn't Nintendo do these anymore?

Cause he's dead.

They still do but rarely
I think it has to do with the NX reveal

Prease Understandu

Unless they reveal the NX there's literally no new games.

I can imagine because they have two really old systems (3DS, Wii U) and it's not like they have much to talk about until the arbitrary time they decide to break the NX news.

Its really dispelling all the hype I have for their new console by being completely uncommunicative about it.

They have nothing to show for now, basically.

I hope they come back to the regular schedule after NX is revealed, although the last one was fucking sad only having Bill for 40 minutes... Something seems lacking.

Rewatching the MK8 Direct was so great but that ending tho.......

One Direct every month was fucking great. 2013 was perfect for Nintendo news.

>No Iwata
>Nothing but shovelware until Breath of the Wild
>Splatoon and Smash have finished their add-on binges
>Pokemon is handled by itself or leaked beforehand
>Amiibos have stopped more or less, 3DS faceplates were never really given to the west either
They're gonna have a bad business quarter since there's nothing that big for the holiday season.

I remember the Bayonetta reveal Direct

Sup Forums was in fucking shambles

>>Pokemon is handled by itself or leaked beforehand

Since when have leaks prevented people from buying Pokemon?

Probably due to the NX.

Wii U is pretty fucking dead, they revealed everything they were going to reveal about Zelda at E3 (until the NX announcement, at least), and the only thing really coming out is Paper Mario: Color Splash, which they won't dedicate a entire direct for and will probably release the odd trailer for it here and there and release it to die (or port it over to the NX).

3DS has Pokemon Sun/Moon, but those have been getting their own presentations and rarely have ever been on a direct. DQ VII and SMT IV: Final are coming out, but both have been out in Japan for awhile and would not garner a lot of attention.

I imagine that once they decide to do their NX reveal (My guess is either end of August/Mid September), they will probably start doing a lot more of them since they already admitted in the past that a lot of their focus right now is on the NX and the titles for it.

They aren't fucking doing anything so what is there for them to talk about?

They don't scrumbo, it just takes viewer counts away from the directs so they don't do them if one or two new ones get leaked.
They just release those small "new Pokemon discovered!" videos once about 5 or 6 new ones are available.

Did you miss where they spent 3 days talking about Zelda and the handful of 3DS games coming out?

They'll do a direct for fall soon, but they have to tightly navigate the waters around the holiday season since a portable/console hybrid would cool the sales of 3DS.

>tfw two out of those 3 are complete

>Did you miss where they spent 3 days talking about Zelda

Yeah I did. What a garbage e3 show.

>mfw none of those 3 are complete

Upcoming first party published Nintendo games (stuff that could be more than a couple seconds in a sizzle reel)

3DS
Metroid Prime: Federation Force 8/19/2016
Style Savvy: Fasion Forward 8/19/2016
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past 9/16/2016
YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits 9/30/2016
YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls 9/30/2016
Mario Party Star Rush 11/4/2016
Pokémon Sun 11/18/2016
Pokémon Moon 11/18/2016
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King 2016
Ever Oasis 2017

Wii U
Paper Mario:Color Splash 10/7/2016
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2017
Project Giant Robot (temp.) TBD

August is pretty much barren, though Style Savvy is actually a surprisingly good business sim.
September belongs to Dragon Quest
October is going to be Yokai Watch month
November is Pokemon
Then probably that other Dragon Quest in December

`>yfw federation force turns out to be GOAT somehow

they have nothing to announce

How about the NX? Their smartphone games? The supposed theme park deal with Universal Studios?

Too soon, you heartless fucker.

>stream shows off all the gameplay for Bayo 2
>it freezes for a second on Iwata's neutral face

I don't think I'll ever forget that moment.

>Why doesn't Nintendo do these anymore?

Iwata was very pro-western market and pro-international.

The new guys are just crusty old Japanese businessmen. Completely unaware that there are people who care about Nintendo outside of Japan.

The only reason they would think otherwise is Pokemon GO. Even then, that's not enough to make them drop the nippon strong mindset and start directs again.

Directs were originally their international outreach program, and Iwata was probably one of the few people who still cared about them.

More like
>MEET MR IWATA BEFORE HE DIES

>You will never get to meet Iwata in person

NX is a tricky thing. Announce it too early and Christmas is cancelled. The silence does make me wonder if the NX will actually replace the handheld so they're being very careful.

The smartphone games probably aren't ready just yet.

Universal Studios will handle the rides and attractions.

Not defending Kimishima or anything, but he was the president of NoA for years and lived in the US. I can't really believe this is the case.

The only thing I think that is actually a problem right now is that they don't have proper hosts for the American region. Bill Trinen alone does not hold the audience. Maybe it's just a personal problem of mine, but going from him and Iwata was absolutely satisfying for me, whereas now only seeing him is... Boring? Well, we only had one Direct after Iwata's passing, anyway, so I shall be patient and see what they will deliver to us in the future

they are having a break. the whole company is preparing the reveal and then the march 2017 launch of the nx. besides, there is nothing to announce (games wise). so be patient.

Because pretty much both their main consoles are out of steam and don't have anything for them anymore. They're gonna pull out the big nuts for the NX.

Why do you want them? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They don't have any games to show for the Wii U or 3DS. Zelda won't be out until next year, Pokemon is being advertised separately by the Pokemon Company and they don't want to bring any unnecessary attention to Color Splash or Federation Force since it will just get dislike-bombed.