So I just finished the game after 5 hours. Wait, that's it? That's the game?

So I just finished the game after 5 hours. Wait, that's it? That's the game?

That can't right.. I must have missed some sort of True ending? Some sort of secret ending? Details? You can't be serious..

Nope that's the full game I think it was 10/10 personally

what's the combat like?

Thats pretty much it. Most people complained that the ending just fucking dropped everything.

That is seriously it. I honestly hated the "reveal" and ending so fucking much that I requested a steam refund and actually got it.

Fuck firewatch. I guessed the "twist" like a hour into it.

Walking simulators are cancer

What's the twist?

The ending really ruined what was otherwise an enjoyable story. I absolutely hated that they dropped so many plotpoints just like that.

>b-but it's about the journey, not the destination!

fuck anyone who says this. I bet no one would say this if they happened to get a sweet ass job, then get fired about 3 years later "just because" even though you were the best at your job. But hey, it was about the Journey not the destination hurr durr :^)

The twist is that there is no twist. seriously.

Hm, that's what I figured

Well if it makes you feel any better you managed to squeeze out 2 more hours than most people.

>I must have missed some sort of True ending? Some sort of secret ending? Details? You can't be serious..
This is what makes the game so fucking great. You spiral into the depth of paranoia just to be reminded that this is real world and nothing interesting is every going on. You are just another fuck that is afraid of darkness and let his imagination run wild.

checked

damn shame

really makes you think

What could have possibly compelled you to play this? Did you not see the reveal trailer?

>watch gameplay
Looks like complete shit.

>purchase it
How did you even get to this point?

>complain on Sup Forums about a 5 hour tour
You're so far down the rabbit hole.

The 10 minute gameplay vid made me so interested. I thought it was supposed to be relaxing. It wasn't relaxing at at, hell I keep running by the end of the game because I already wanted to be done with it.

The game was pretty comfy, but also boring and they fucking dropped the ball with the story.

>You spiral into the depth of paranoia just to be reminded that this is real world and nothing interesting is every going on. You are just another fuck that is afraid of darkness and let his imagination run wild.

This.

As someone who hated Gone Home but loved this, you're either going to find the whole experience of the "non-reveal" shitty or cathartic.

There is this kid that stayed with his father one summer while his dad was a firewatcher as well. Kid is super smart and nerdy, while his dad is overbearing and wants him to do more outside and be more active. Kid dies accidentally and father goes crazy and becomes a mega hobo to cover up his son's death. The dad is the one behind all of this shit in the game because he was crazy as fuck and didn't want the other watchers to find his son's corpse.

They keep talking about the son and how great he is over and over and just keep beating you over the head with it and how he just disappeared and is probably in HS right now, and how much of a shithead his father is. The game literally slows to a crawl several times to talk about how fucking great this kid is and it is literally the worst

>This is what makes the game so fucking great. You spiral into the depth of paranoia just to be reminded that this is real world and nothing interesting is every going on. You are just another fuck that is afraid of darkness and let his imagination run wild.

My constant misery and depression remind me of this every day. I play games to escape from this shit, if I wanted to be paranoid in a park I'd go camping.

Another case of "glad I watched an LP", was shocked to see most videos only lasting up to about 4 hours. Even if you apparently look for other objects or those pets, you still get a similar ending.

I may also be recalling incorrectly, but didn't the dev go out of his way to whine about people bashing his 4 hour walking simulator?

>if I wanted to be paranoid in a park I'd go camping.
No, you wouldnt, because you spend your days playing games to escape that shit. This game brought the premium camping after scary story paranoia to your house. Thats why its good. It delivered the experience you get from being alone in the dark flawlessly.

Does there have to be?

Art style and visuals were fucking fantastic.

I was hoping for a Firewatch park simulator 2016
Gotta Free Roam around your section of the park dealing with time sensitive things, all the while get bantz between the main two characters.

Instead i got Shoe Horned walk back n forwardsy your choices dont really matter none.
there is no reason to replay the game ever walking simulator.

>Gotta Free Roam around your section of the park dealing with time sensitive things

I made that argument too in a video I made on Firewatch and everyone went

>BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THE GAME WAS GOING FOR!

Well fuck what it was going for.

>your choices dont really matter none
So like every game then? Even in some of the ones with multiple endings, a vast majority of your choices have no effect on them.

Why do games need to be about something big like saving the world?

People said the same about VA-11 Hall-A, like they were expecting to be a part of some rebellion against the machine, and they got pissed when it was just about comfy conversations.

Firewatch is a fine game, just because you're not Dante trying to uncover a government plot doesn't make it bad.

I bet you hate drama movies.

Most games have gameplay to compensate.

Refund it while you can

It's a shit game

I think it would have been so much better if Ned didn't just give up on years of standing watch over his son's 'grave'. That felt weak as fuck.

I mean, it's so simple a set up. Henry has all the evidence and about to evacuate a forest fire. Ned just needs to hunt Henry down, let all the evidence and Delilah wouldn't be about to do shit without exposing her own crimes of not reporting the kid years ago.

Ted's taunting on the radio, Henry finding the den on the way, etc.

My biggest gripe with the story is how the father / son story hijacks the main narrative. I just want to listen to my qt lady friend on the walkie talkie, I couldn't care less about some hiking accident.