No review copies usually means the game is a dud

No review copies usually means the game is a dud.

Is this the biggest disappointment this decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

need expectations to be a disappointment

or do you mean you had any?

Unless the game is Doom.
This isn't Doom though.

Explain why Shadow of Mordor was good? I thought the "no review copy = bad" meme died a long time ago.

I think they were expecting bad reviews for Doom, given the emphasis on the terrible multiplayer.

>he actually thought this game would be good
Goddamn you're a cuck

Remember when The Master Chief Collection came out and people got review copies a week early and said it was great, only for the thing to not work for 2 months after launch? Good times.

To be fair MC Collection itself is good, it was just the servers being broken once scaled up that was the issue.

That also happened with Sim City and a ton of other shit.

The only reason this rumor is out there is because reviewers get butthurt that this cuts into their viewership

Even then tho I remember before the hi/v/e rolled in and my friends were playing the beta and YouTube videos were made of it everyone seemed to genuinely like it until it wasn't the cool thing to do anymore.

What publications though?

Because all gaming polish magazines are getting review copies so I would be strange if the worldwide popular ones wouldn't get them.

Well, with SimCity, they gave them an X hour window to test the game, which helped hide its limittions, coupled with the mandatory always-online servers completely shitting the bed on launch.

>No review copies usually means the game is a dud.

Just like Doom.
Just like Destiny.

Oh wait, those are great games, and NMS will be too.

>Explain why Shadow of Mordor was good

it wasn't

But Destiny was a dud and Doom's multiplayer was shit. In both cases, they probably *were* hiding them from reviewers.

>being this delusional
It will be mediocre as it meant to be and overhyped fanboys will be assblasted

I liked it.

You're wrong.

What's the point in reviewing an open world multiplayer game when nobody is playing it yet?

>being an irrelevant faggot

Im just curious. Does the media send requests for a review copy or do the publishers send requests to media to do the review?

>Destiny
>great

>multiplayer
lol

>tripfag

Okay then explain how dragon age inquisition was hailed as an amazing game by reviewers and then it turns out a pile of shite? That is a warning sign though.

Please don't bait the "NO MULTIPLAYER XD NUKE THE COMMONWEALTH OR KILL YOUR SON" Trolls.

>he thinks no mans sky is multiplayer

>multiplayer

Publishers typically have a list of companies that they send review copies to, but organisations also contact PR people to request them (e.g. if it's something semi-obscure and you work for a major publication).

Both.

>Destiny
>great
How delusional could you be?

I always knew this was bad.

This isn't 2012, we can smell indie bullshit from miles away.

>No review copies being distributed

HUGE red flag there.

Destiny was bad and you'd have to be shilling pretty fucking hard to convince yourself otherwise. Doom was amazing, thankfully most people who played it rated it based on its single player campaign and not its multiplayer. On the CawwaDooty rating system it was a 5/10 because the multiplayer was shit.

PRE-ORDER was never made because I'm not a fucking moron, not that I was planning to buy it anyway

XD GUIZ I LIEK THIS MEME ANOTHER PERSON FUNI FAVORITE OF MINE IS VALVE CAN'T COUNT TO 3 XDDDD HALF LIFE 3 WEN? ARROW IN THE KNEE AMIRITE?

can you blame them?
Everything they showed got shit on by everyone

>Those desaturated brown screenshots
>Slow walktrough gameplay trough hell showing the shiny GFX instead of the game.

The only bit of good press they got was a guy playing D44M on their stage, showing how the game actually played instead of a GFX show

it's business, so it's about who has the power. if the game has hype, the reviewers will ask for a copy so they can write an article that people want to read. if the game is nothing, publishers will try to get reviewers to write about it for free advertisement

Use your words user. You aren't a toddler anymore.

Because they had shit demos that mostly focused on the shitty multiplayer? Doom had a mediocrfe first week and is having surprisingly long legs because everyone was surprised it was decent. Same shit happened with Wolfesntein.

sounds like a catch-22. If i request a media outlet to review it looks like im saying "you get your review out first and i get a good score". If they request and i refuse them rumors circulate that it might be bad. If i send them copies without them asking it looks like we are a team and we both look bad. It could also look like the first point.

>he wants a well known, famous, incredibly loved person to be as irrelevant as him
Jealousy sure is bothersome.

This

>"Indie"
>Procedurally generated open world survival game
>18 Quintilian "unique" planets

If you thought this was going to be anything more than generic boring youtuber Let's Play fuel you're a retard

Spotted the faggot who doesn't know how game development work. In the modern era of game development the disc is gold a lot sooner and when the game goes gold what this means for you retards out there is that if you buy a game day one and play offline there is a chance sometimes higher than others depending on what the game is and for this one again that has went gold and then got delayed and then went gold again no shit Sherlock that the version of the game on that disc is not going to be the same as when the game comes out especially on Steam as a whole fresh download where everything just downloads anyway.

but that tripfag participated in the discussion, the shit flinging was started by user

What the fuck are you on about m8? The days of dodgy Driv3r-esque "exclusive reviews" are over. Publishers generally send everything to big-ish outlets because they want any coverage they can get. Occasionally shit slips through the cracks, someone doesn't have a proper publishe, or something is so obscure that they don't think they would be interested so you have to go chasing shit up.

TV screeners work the same way.

>Well known
Different poster, but does anyone actually know who this is?

never seen the trip before, considering i don't already have it filtered

Doesn't matter. If he has a Tripcode he's automatically a faggot.

translation: the game is broken on shipping and needs a day 1 patch before it's complete and that should apparently be considered acceptable.

Never seen this annoying cunt before no.

Only newfags wouldn't know who I am

It's been acceptable for two generations.

Ehhh, kinda. Microsoft used to be notoriously strict about approval the 360 era. Blame Sony for letting standards slip.

>defending tripfags
Kill yourself my man

No one cares who you are.

A dud?

How's Reddit spinning this?

>can you blame them?
>Everything they showed got shit on by everyone
Yeah, because they kept showing the stupid fucking multiplayer. If they had released Foundry as a demo a month before release people would have been so much more hyped for the game.

No Man's Sky will either suck or be mediocre as hell with a metascore in the low 70s

>happy that indie shits charging big-boy prices are going to get dumped on
>happy that the whole youtube is killing gaming press thing everyone kept saying is turning out to be true
I honestly don't know which one to choose.

>standards slip
>charging devs to update their games is standards

If you weren't new you'd be kissing my feet begging for forgiveness for the shit you said.

even a newfag can tell you're unliked wherever you go

The entire fucking game was broken, it's still broken actually

>releasing a single-play demo in 2016
are you stuck in 1996? if so, be aware it's all downhill from there

Shits going to flop so fucking hard even Will Wright will feel sorry for them.

Ignore his bait. It's clear that he's just letting of some steam before school starts again.

Show some empathy as this kind of behavior seems to reflect a certain level of resentment towards the world (one can only assume it'd be due to poor grades). Old Scratch please study: your parents will respect you for it and I think that -in time- you will understand the merits of education... don't make a mistake before it's too late!

Keeps the game spoiler free

No one gives a fuck about some literally who dumbass using a tripcode on Sup Forums. I never look at tripcodes because that's exactly what you want. Go post on IGN or reddit if you want recognition you attention whore.

their hate thread was locked last night

But D44M did get a single player Demo you big dumbo, check the steam page.

Microsoft used to do it to discourage reliance on patching and people shipping broken games. Perhaps they were a little too strict but it's better than the current situation.

lol, i bet it's profitable on day 1 thanks to preorders and it being made by a tiny team. it's pretty much an indie game. More profitable than making Joe Danger 3

Do you play Nintendo games?

damn, never thought of it that way

im sorry scratch, good luck in school, try your best!

your parents might not always act like it but they love you!

Tons of games released demos after 1996, are you stuck in 1996?

They did release a single player demo but it was a month after the game released and it was arguably the worst level in the game.

No its not.

Shut up, anime avatarfagging tripfags haven't been a thing for like 5 years.

they stopped releasing single player demos because it was proven to reduce, rather than increase, sales of games kek

This. Don't end up a NEET loser like me

>post on topic
>get surrounded by niggers literally foaming onto the mouth about how I don't fit into their cancerous circlejerk
Die you stupid mentally ill autistic retards

So reviews matter again?

Shit nigger I thought reviews were bullshit and to just think for your fucking self

Almost every good game has shit reviews where as shit tier games get hailed as 10\10 goty

>proven
Not really though. There's a marketing theory about how demos allow someone to realize their desire to play the game which was created by all the hype and marketing, but marketing people are all retarded faggots so what the fuck do they know?

they're trying to delay bad reviews that will negatively impact day 1 sales

Bizzaro world sucks.

Tripfags are always the worst kind of people.

It blows my mind theres no exception to this rule.

>defending tripfags

Trip is only acceptable if YOU are the point of discussion ie. being a gayme dev and self-shilling while mods jack off to BLACKED

Good luck, Scratch!

Study hard, and try working out this year!

Exercise is good for you!

I dream of a better world, user.
Without you in it

With how much of a loser you all are it makes me wonder why

jeez, remember the god of war demo?
it was the entire first level and the kraken fight!

you dont get it m8

sure Sup Forums largely doesnt care about reviews but a publisher withholding review copies is always a bad sign regardless of whether or not the reveiwers opinions are considered valid.

why do you need this explained to you? are you dumb or what

Okay bro. You think you are the big man. But your just some cunt with a computer. Like the rest of us