Graphics will be ‘somewhere between a PS3 and PS4’

>graphics will be ‘somewhere between a PS3 and PS4’

>Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers

It's over Sup Forums, it's all over.

mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-mon-mario-and-zelda-headline-nx-dream-line-up/0170678

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qm6iV8G_8
ign.com/articles/2016/06/10/nintendo-3ds-sales-pass-60-million-units-worldwide
vgchartz.com/article/265329/rumor-nintendo-nx-to-have-pokemon-mario-and-zelda-within-first-6-months/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah bro, but Pokemon.

You know damn well Nintendo can no longer compete in home console market. Right now, their brand doesn't even come up in an average conversation about PS4/XBO.

if it's a portable then that's good though

Nintendo seriously needs to give up on dedicated home consoles, they simply can't compete even if they did make a powerful system.

ninfailedo is more like it
pokemon really isnt that popular outside of a deeply commit fanboys and go was just stupid random success that drove beanie babies and pog

glad i went Sony again

Making more consoles based on phone hardware isn't gonna change that

>idiots not realizing the power of established IP
Software will always > hardware
You fucking idiots you assholes goddamn kill yourselves
Oh my fucking god

Ubisoft says it's going to be great so I'm excited.

And Nintendo consoles will never have any third party support as long as they keep basing them on deprecated ISAs and hardware that's literally 5-10 times weaker than the other platforms the third parties are making games for. And a console without third party support is never going to be relevant to anyone but idiots and kids.

Nigga it's the best selling game on every handheld it's on.

must be a fucking huge amount of dedicated fanboys then

Pokemon isn't a niche market lmfaoo

Don't really care if I can play smash, zelda, kirby and monhun with it

Yes, but will it play Blitz?

>seriously trying to downplay the success of motherfucking Pokemon
The island of Niue literally has a pikachu on one of it's official coins. Every mainline game it sells is in the millions. The spinoff franchise with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is Chunsoft's most popular franchise. There's even a fucking board dedicated to it here.

That small group of pokemon users bought more copies of the last pokemon than bloodbornes and uncharted ivs together.

So Im not sure that group is particulary small

Playstation and Xbox are pretty much irrelevant. Nintendo is a company that wants to appeal to everyone.

Winning over people who use phones is a great route to take, and one that I expected from the beginning.

youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qm6iV8G_8

this is possible on wii u. on tv it only lacks anti aliazing, but that's it.

if nx is 50% stronger than wii u, so it can produce graphics like that with good aa and maybe a couple of nice modern graphical effects here and there, then I'd be pretty happy.

Pokemon is normie again, just letting you know. Also thanks to GO pre-orders for the new games coming in November are up from X and Y.

One only has to look at the recent success of Pokemon Go to see that Pokemon appeals to a much wider demographic than some people in this thread believe.

I hope this new thing as an actual fucking phone

When Midway died EA bought the rights to Blitz. I would rather keep it dead because the NFL closely watches its development. An old Cruis'n dev is working on a new Cruis'n arcade game though, maybe it will come to the NX.

Normies don't want to carry around two screen all day. Unless they've found a way to make people ditch their phones altogether, I do not see this taking off with phone gamers.

>graphics will be ‘somewhere between a PS3 and PS4
More like PS3 and Xbone.

In terms of resolution or what?

Pokemon indeed does.

Nintendo hardware doesn't.

power

I've never been fed up with a console before it even came out, until the fucking NX.

Seriously, they're tiptoeing around that name as if it was supposed to be some groundbraking secret. Just show the fucking thing already and shut people up.

Yeah bro but we have to wait until gen 9 to see a decent Pokemon because GF is a shit developer

As long as I can play Pokemon on TV I'll be happy.

If NX isn't 250$ and backwards compatible it's dead.

Yeah bro! I mean the casuals that all have smartphones will certainly pay $250 or more for a Nintendo Console/Handheld to pay $60 for a new pokemon game down the line when they can use the phone they already have and play a free to play game.

Yeah banking on those people to buy your console/handheld is the most retarded thing ever.

>It's another "Nintendo is doomed" thread

Tell that to the Wii U.

The newest main game sold almost 10 million.

Shit's pulls more than triple A son.

BC with the 3DS? Probably

BC with the Wii U? Don't even count on it.

>Is another Nintendo is relevant thread.

NX will be the worse selling Nintendo Handheld of all times.

It will also be the only handheld since they've murdered and buried their competitors quite easily for the past 15 years.

3ds was the worst and that's still like 50 million and is couldn't be more cheaply made

>PS3 and PS4’

Uh. wasn't that the WiiU?

>somewhere between a PS3 and PS4’
Not bad for a handheld.

Yes but that is like think you are hot shit for being one-eyed in a land of blind people.

That you suppose to connect to the TV to get a "console experience". Is going to be a shittier Nvidia Shield with an HDMI port for your TV.

Its sounds shitty yeah but like said.
It won't bomb mainly because the Pokemon Franchise will move to the NX. It doesn't matter if the Games or the Console itself are shit. Pokemon will always save it no matter what

This is the best route honestly ..nintendo handhelds sell like crazy they have monster hunter which alone will sell units same with Pokemon..having a 2 in one means no more splitting teams and all resources can go into one system ..this is a sleeper hit

The Wii U had 2 of those franchises and failed miserably. If anything Pokemon will basically save the NX from being another Wii U turd and its low price may actually turn it into an alternative to Xbone in 3rd world countries or something but I doubt anyone outside of the Nintendo loyalist crowd will bother to buy one until it hits less than $200 like it happen with the 3DS.

This, what the fuck, Nintendo?

Nobody is going to lug around two pieces of hardware.

The only thing they can try is to remove phone capability, and just say "video like Snapchat and Skype and such are the way of the future" and try to make the phone part of smartphones obsolete.

Honestly it's a bit too much. Near-PS3 capabilities would be absolutely perfect, anything above that is clearly costing developers too much to still be able to make games.

...like the wiiu? for what purpose

>The Wii U had 2 of those franchises and failed miserably.
The difference here is that with the 3DS gone the main pokemon line will move to the NX. and everyone loves that shit

Yeah they love that shit so much that the 3DS is the worse selling Nintendo handheld ever, coming from 150M DS sold WW to less than 60M 3DS shipped worldwide. If the contraction of the handheld market continues then the NX will barely sell 40M.

XY sold 15 million.

This desu.

Can it text/call people?

The last Pokemon game outsold Bloodborne x10

I'm happy with a handheld that's more powerful than the PS3 personally...

Why would they want to change it?

ign.com/articles/2016/06/10/nintendo-3ds-sales-pass-60-million-units-worldwide

DS did better.

Would the DS still have sold 150M if smartphones had been as popular then as they are now?

vgchartz.com/article/265329/rumor-nintendo-nx-to-have-pokemon-mario-and-zelda-within-first-6-months/

It's fucking over. More games in 6 months than the PS4 has had in total so far, you can't compete with that.

And the PS2 did better than the PS3 and PS4. Guess they just need to make the console more underpowered and fill it with shovelware

I think that other guy didn't consider phone's existence.

>>Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And is also not a home console that competed with PS3 and 360.

Good job proving my point, user.

Why do you assume it was me giving that statement? I just answered his question based on the other guy reply.

>with Nintendo targeting an audience that sits between smartphone gamers and the more hardcore users of PS4

>“It won’t appeal to PS4 fans

Another garbage article.

So undervolted X2?

I'll take that, especially if they can release the handheld for under £180

It seems like nintendo is doing everything right. Some people can't deal with that

I honestly don't give a shit what the graphics look like as long as its powerful enough to meet the requirements developers want. I just want something that feels useful to have and actually gets fucking support and a large userbase.

A lot of people on Sup Forums were born after 2010 and have basically only seen Nintendo fail hard their entire lives. They can't comprehend this change in gears, kind of like people who say Sonic was never good and want more 2D platformers.

I'm glad i have a powerful Phone right now. Better get ready for those real Games once the 3DS is completely dead

>Near-PS3 capabilities would be absolutely perfect

Isn't the Wii U already PS3-tier? The NX will be barely an upgrade on graphics then and they'll try to sell it through the "portable that plugs into the TV" gimmick if the leaks are true.

While the XBOX 1.5 and PS4K will sell what the "hardcore" gamers want, better graphics for their GTAs and CODs

However the portable aspect of it could make it a success since in that area Nintendo has never failed, specially in Japan where home consoles are not as popular as there where before because people there plays in their way to job or school, so the NX is a wild card that is difficult to predict.

>the source has no source
>half the sentences are common Sup Forums pasta
Stop advertising your shitty blog, christopher.

Even with ironic quotation marks I am deeply offended by your use of the term hardcore. Though you summarized it quite well, because GTA and COD is literally all they'll get because only games that sell 10 million copies can afford to handle the inflated budgets.

But not forever. Eventually there will be a blunder and they will go under.

the wiiU is way over PS3 tier, but people don't seem to understand it shares its power on two screens. OP link has no sources though so this thread is just another baseless nintendoom wank

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Are you really trying to say Pokémon, which is the second-biggest video game franchise of all time (behind only Mario) and the biggest handheld franchise, is just some niche market of dedicated fanboys? If Pokémon is that, then every game is.

I COULD'VE GUESSED THAT

AND NOT KNOWN A THING ABOUT THE FUCKING NX

so it's basically as powerful as a Wii U. So.. might as well buy the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild eh?

>graphics will be ‘somewhere between a PS3 and PS4
That's not too bad, it's better than the Wii U

Making $10,000,000 per day with Pokemon GO now.
I wonder how much Nintendo gets from that.

Google and Apple make 30% of the revenue in their respective stores. Niantic, The Pokemon Company and Nintendo may divide the resit in non equal parts.

>hey so uh i heard you like multiplat games
>so we made another console that can't run them worth a shit

t-thanks nintendo

Declining in sales tho

I don't have a Wii U, since Breath of the Wild is coming out for NX all it will take is a monster hunter for me to buy one for sure. Might get a used Wii U if they fuck it up, but I'm hopeful. All I want is a more powerful handheld I can also play on a tv. nintendo pls

mfw the Wii U version is the superior version

> it's an "NX rumor that everyone takes seriously" thread

WE DID IT BROS

This. Nintendo outputs shit software but IP sells more than quality. Can't wait to get my hands are more watered down children games that play the same as 8 years ago.

Honestly if the NX will be as strong as a WiiU/PS3 I'll be surprised since it's a fucking handheld.

They can't compete with Sony and Microsoft who sell hardware at a loss (until it becomes cheaper to make, it eventually does make a profit after a few years) because they're a smaller company while the gaming divisions of Microsoft and Sony are just small parts of a larger more diverse corporation. Sony and Microsoft can absorb temporary losses. Nintendo can't. So if Nintendo wanted to develop a console as powerful as the newest Sony or Xbox consoles, the Neo and Scorpio, it'd run people probably about $600-$700 and they won't pay that, not when Microsoft and Sony sell theirs for under $500.

Where are the preorder numbers? Source?

Thats nothing impressive.

>doomed since 1884

Reminder:

>THERE WILL NEVER BE A PS4

MH isnt that popular except in Japan. Who's to say they won't start multiplat wtih MH as well?

But you see, it's a NEGATIVE rumor so of course it's real, who cares if it has no source or credibility.

What's wrong? An HD Nintendo handheld that could also be used as a phone (or use data for online play) is a sick idea.

I think it'll be about comparable. The problem with Wii U is that second screen, when you're rendering for 2 screens you have a performance loss. If they just made it so that games that did not use the second screen functionality could turn off the second screen (as it can in Wii mode) you'll have performance somewhere between PS3 and the 8th gen consoles.

Man it must be rough banking everything on the failure of a company for the past 140 years now.