Is it even worth the time it takes to learn?

Is it even worth the time it takes to learn?

No

Yes

Maybe

How many dicks do I need to suck to make you never post this again

Maybe

well?

Could you repeat the question?

CYRTQ

It's not hard, you're just retarded

Fort Mode is a very rewarding city builder-style game, with no shortage of neat little projects you can play with long-term. Adventure Mode let's you take one character across the entire expanse of a game world and features a very brutal and gory combat system capable of inflicting all kinds of pain on friend or foe alike.

Not without mods

The dwarf therapist utility and a graphics pack are just about mandatory

Dorf Fort does not take a lot of effort to figure out, that's just a meme. There are a couple annoying parts like military management, but everything is explained in detail on the wiki.

it's not that hard

ZZT isn't hard to learn

what will happen is you take the time to learn,
take the time to make a basic fort,
take the time to remake a basic fort by 'future proofing' it with retarded projects like a giant dining hall and a chain of water wheels powered by an artificially dug canal,
then you burn the fuck out

then a year or so later you want to go back to DF again
then you take the time to relearn,
take the time to remake a basic fort,
take the time etc. et fucking cetera.

This

No, but you'll think it is by the time you learn.

It's called Sunken Time Fallacy.

>graphics pack are just about mandatory

This.

Literally anyone can go in, dig a hole, and keep your dwarves alive.

The challenge is made by you trying to carve this ant farm into something you want.

Yes, because learning the game is what's fun about it.

After you have learned the ins and outs and how to exploit every little thing you can for the most optimal results, it is really down to how autistic you are.

If you aren't autistic, you will probably end up dropping it quite quickly.

If you are legitimately autistic, however, you can find endless fun in massive megaprojects and fun forts.

this is 100% accurate

It depends on how severe your autism is. The more autism, the more fun you'll have after you figure out that arcane mess, but no matter what, I'd say it's worth a try.Learning the basics takes half an hour. Learning advanced stuff can take up to 12 or more. It's not a massive time investment for something that can potentially give hundreds of hours of fun.

Why are you against tilesets? The ASCII is near-incomprehensible unless you put tons of time into learning what each symbol stands for. Does it give some advantage once you do?

this is the reason homestuck fans still exist

Tilesets fuck up the visuals. The ASCII isn't incomprehensible in the slightest, if you can't tell what it is at first glance, you just have to press k. I have shit memory and can still easily remember 90% of the tiles.

>dig hole
>plant food
>brew booze
>close hole

2hard

>mfw trying to learn how to optimize my engines in Aurora 4x

Dwarf Fortress aint nothing

>dwarf therapist is mandatory
>not knowing each and every single one of your 200 dwarven populace and keeping track of everything they do by simply looking at massive logs

its less a question of worth your time to learn versus a question of how many dwarves' lives is it worth expending to learn

I don't think there's any problem with using tilesets when you're still learning the game or just really like the aesthetic. Being capable of playing with CP437-vision is an essential part of getting the full "Dorf Fort" experience, though.

Yeah but what if I want to have fun which would obviously involve putting my dwarves in incredible danger?

that guy was addressing the graphics, not the rapist. don't try to confuse the issue. df native graphics are fine

It's not hard, you just need to make a goal for yourself. Problem with me is that I have no idea what I should be doing