Soulsfags will defend this

>soulsfags will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/search/?q=dark souls
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wont because its the worst souls game hands down

>DS2fags will defend this

FTFY OP.

Even Souls fans think DS2fags have shit taste.

i'm a soulsfag and even I won't defend that

I dont understand the hate this game gets. its not a bad game. Its not as challenging as DS1 but its still enjoyable.

at least it was better than 3

Still better than most other games.

No I won't, I didn't play SotFS

I liked DaS3 more but they really fucking dropped the ball when it came to NG+

That was the one thing DaS2 did right, that and npc invaders.

Don't you mean
>B-teamfags will defend this

?

Dark Souls 2 Strengths:
>introduced guard break crits
>viable unarmed and fist weapon fighting
>improved bows
>made dual wielding viable and powerstancing
>more variety in magic
>bigger game with more bosses
>more build variety in pvp, less people following cookiecutter meme builds
>more reliable p2p connectivity
>shulva, brume tower and eleum loyce
>can still invade and be invaded in areas you've beaten the boss already
>bonfire ascetics let you access ng+ content and replay bosses without replaying entire game
>much less tedious backtracking
>twinking much less prevalent but still possible
>actually ran at 1080p/60fps out of the box without needing mods to fix
>interesting NPCs (cocky merchant, p8/cr8, navlaan, straid, grandahl, agdayne, etc)
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Upgrading shields improved their stats, not just the stability
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Really fun NPC invaders where they didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and the pickaxe
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning resistance while boosting your fire resistance
>NG+ added new enemies and items
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even if you were hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but as a result you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to Black Crystal to solo the boss

Weaknesses:
>individual levels did not interconnect
>level transitions did not always make perfect, euclidean sense
>was not exactly the same as dark souls 1 therefore it's shit

3 is the worst in the series and is going the way of the battleborn pretty fast

Contrarian faggot.

>B Team

>100s of weapons, many of them unique
>over 100 full armour sets, with many different single unique pieces
>A 4th type of magic, and a rebalance of pyromancies to make it scale but keep the ability to use it with low investment
>Power stances, adding 100s of new moves to old item classes
>New item classes, and more fleshed out old item classes like fist weapons and whips
>Many more viable builds in both pve and pvp
>Some of the best and hardest bosses in souls, Dark Lurker, Sinh the Slumbering Dragon, Smelter Demon, Fume Knight, Sir Alonne, Ivory King
>Many different types of PVP that seamlessly intergrate into the main game
>Covenants that seamlessly integrate with the gameplay of the main game
>Actual metroidvania type level choices early game (Undead copse or No-mans Wharf? Or maybe I'll try pursuer again)
>Functioning stat system (stamina isnt OP, nothing like resistance)
>NG+ having many changes from the base difficulty, there are changes up to NG+3
>A vastly improved UI, for example using a grid to display items
>Numerous QoL improvements (using multiple souls at once, 10 items on the quick bar, respeccing, pressing X/A to reveal hidden walls)
>A more interesting weight system
>A far better designed messaging system (creating messages within the menu, removal of orange soapstone, compound messages)
>Small mechanics improvements that greatly influence how the game feels (Running while locked on, aiming with crossbows, sprinting on ladders)
>Many more NPC invasions which are also unmissable because you can be invaded while hollow
>An extreme improvement over the AI of NPC invaders, some of the ones in the dlc are especially impressive
>Functioning pvp arena
>Infusing has huge QoL improvements, you can also infuse shields, bows and staffs
>Every boss drops a boss soul, and every boss soul has multiple weapon/spell posibilities

But the graphics were kind of mediocre in places so BTEEM SUHC A SHIT GAME LOL

steamcharts.com/search/?q=dark souls

uwot

Even Dark Souls 1 has more players than Dark Souls 2 + SOTFS

>make up a long list of pros that's just the same shit repeated over and over
>continue the list on the cons, making up bullshit excuses for fundamental shortcomings
Stop wasting your life with this sort of shit.

>M-MUH MIYAZAKI

>-709 players in 30 days

>After finishing DaS I immediately thought of buying DaS2.
>Thought it'd be smart to pirate and try it first, for any case.
>The game is actually retarded.
>Uninstalled after beating Hade Knight

What idiot thought that an insta-attacking enemies was a smart thing?
The game design felt like "hurt durr dark souls should be hard" unlike the old "we encourage you to think and try"

I could give a fuck about Miyazaki.
Dark souls III is a good game and you're a faggot who wants to look cool so you say it's bad. It's not.

Dark Souls 2 still lost more in terms of % in 20 days and has less players in general

>Pirate it

Look on the bright side, atleast you were smart and pirated before you buy. I actually preordered the collector's edition at the first opportunity and I've regretted it ever since.

dark souls 3 is a good game

it's just the shittiest souls

and soon the series as a whole will be forgotten garbage due to the massive ball-drop that is 3

I put 200 hours into the $60 retail version

here's my gripes

>health permanently deteriorates each death requiring a consumable after a few deaths
>soul memory fucks up co-op
>level design is cheap with lots of hard for the sake of being hard enemy placement

You mean Dark Souls 3 is the death throes of the series after the abortion that is Dark Souls 2

yeah, sure, let's go with that. even though dark souls 3 was supposed to be a return to form and fix the "disaster" that was 2.

whatever helps you rationalize your opinion.

I dont like dark souls 2 but SotfS was the better version of it

BB>DaS1>DeS>DaS3>DaS2

>SotFS
>better version
nah
they added EVEN MORE mobs to the places that were already densely packed

it's the better game

deal with it nerd

nice
very well thought out
you really contradicted my points
oh wait

didnt really bother me when i was playing through it to be honest, maybe i just zoned out cause the main game is so fucking boring anyway and i just wanted to get to the DLC stuff which is the best part of the game

>This.

It's not a 9.5/10 game like DS and DS3 but it's still a solid 7/10 game. DS2 is the weakest Dark Souls/Demons Souls/BloodBorne game, but it's still better than 90 percent of the shit out there.

>ds3
>9.5/10
>just as good as ds1
>implying

go to bed miyazaki

After plowing through DS2 the last week, I have to say that it's no-where near as bad as people make it out to be.

-Half it's content isn't half finished bullshit like LI (nothing GREAT, but at least the last half od DS2 isnt as mind numbing as DS1's last half)
-PvP is a bit more complex

However:
-It's muddy and ugly as all hell
-World design is retarded honestly
-Most bosses in main game are way easier than DS1
-Over relies on gankfests to slow you down

I felt way more at home in DS1, but DS2 was pretty fun. I dont give a fuck about what I did, or who I'm killing this time around, but hey, it's still better than 99% of the shit out there.

>-Half it's content isn't half finished bullshit like LI (nothing GREAT, but at least the last half od DS2 isnt as mind numbing as DS1's last half)

It's well known that the DS2 team were strapped for time and were forced to rush it

meanwhile, ds3 "finished" within its schedule with missing textures that still aren't fixed, holes in the geometry that took a few patches to fix, and a completely absent game mechanic that they swear is there.

>playing through LI for the first time
>the wall centipede attacks me and I fall through the floor to my death, losing 30 minutes of progress

Highest rated Dark Souls game on Metacritic.

>>health permanently deteriorates each death requiring a consumable after a few deaths
literally the defining feature of the souls series

are you brain damaged?

no
it's fucking not

losing a portion in DS1 and 3 is different from losing it continuously while it compounds worse and worse every death

Oh I'm convinced now. It must be good.

it's not the best game in the souls series
not even the third best game
but its still worth playing

god bless my sons and get good while you're at it

It actually is good, you know if you like fun. But this is Sup Forums and you obviously don't. I don't get the DaS2 hate, I enjoyed it more than 3 that's for fucking sure, not to say 3 is bad as I enjoyed that too. 1 and 2 are just the best games to me. Demon souls has some great atmosphere as does BB but gameplay? 1 and 2.

so you'd rather lose everything all at once instead of slowly incrementally losing health.

it is a staple of the series regardless. You even admit to it in your post.

ITT: Buyer's remorse & ultra contratians trying to be even more hip and cool than the rest of the faggots in this board.

I've platinumed every soulsborne game including both versions of 2. It's plenty fun but is by far the worst of the bunch. PVP is its major saving grace and that's such a miniscule part of the game for most people.

you aren't convincing me

>get blown out
>stop liking what i dont like meme
lol

>blown the fuck out

you just clicked a bunch of posts and said nothing of value

the fact that there are people out there who bought the same game twice or more proves you wrong.