Metroid 30th anniversary

>metroid 30th anniversary
>nintendo has nothing to offer
>the only metroid game that comes out this year is a spin-off most people didnt ask for

how does that make you feel?

The same way I felt 5 years ago.

I know Nintendo doesn't like doing gritty storytelling or anything with too much gore but why not reboot the franchise and make it a big love letter to 20th century sci-fi especially Alien?

There could be elements of the Forever War, Starship Troopers, Armor for all the mech armor elements and maybe the psychological elements of being in a suit and being away somewhere far in space and being young while everyone back home ages (could help explain why Samus is always portrayed as a younger woman).

Semi-horror elements of having a horrible monstrosity hunt you paying homage to alien, predator, the thing and similar sci-fi horror movies. This was honestly one of my favorite parts about Metroid Fusion.

AM2R

You know what? I'm 200% with you on this

Why do you still care about Nintendo? Just load up an emulator bro. Super Metroid and Prime aren't going anywhere.

It's already a big love letter to Alien and personally, that's one of the biggest problems I have with Sakamoto's games. The appeal of Metroid to me was always exploring alien environments, it was not Weyland-Yutani as a space government and evil space experiments in increasingly constrainted artificial ecosystems.

the only thing i could think when playing trough Dead Space 1 was MAKE METROID LIKE THIS
well, maybe not exactly, but it was almost a Prime game

>prime
never was a fan of the first person view

They basically did, it was called Other M.

That's okay senpai, what about the GBA games?

zero mission was my favorite.
going to play AM2R soon but still want something new

There's only so much Samus could do carrying the whole franchise.

They need a rival character like Vergil, a Chozo maybe? They need new villain. They need to make Samus into a proper bounty hunter rather that Galactic Federation lapdog like she was in Other M.

kinda like a dark samus

So Prime and Dark Samus?

I do think that's the right tone though, people treating Samus as myth in Prime 3 was great.

the best rival was the SA-X.
too bad we wont see him ever again

>Not even a fucking tweet to acknowledge it

Makes me feel a mixture of anger, sadness and disappointment

God fucking damn it Nintendo.

Do you still expect anything out of Nintendo by now?

Particularly NoA.

Dark Samus is like a color swap. Needs slightly differing design/contrast.

Fucking Master Chief would be a good rival for Samus, since Chief's a government lapdog

This. Fans do what Nintendont

At least AM2R turned out to be much better when I was expecting. I realized how legit it was after about two minutes when I did a quick wall jump during routine traversal without even thinking about it. It just feels like a proper Metroid game.

It wasn't, it had all those organic design elements and turned into a transparent skull-thing.

Samus doesn't need a villain. She just needs a hostile environment. Everything else is just an excuse to get her there.

>This. Fans do what Nintendont

AMR2 plays practically like Zero Mission so it's something that Nintendo already did.

so did you like not actually play the prime games or what

Good, samus is a whore and should stay dead. Federation Force is the best metroid game since it does not feature her.