What went right?

What went right?

Only on PlayStation

Playsation TV compatible.

It appealed to weebs with mostly naked anime girls.

Pretty gud game

Pretty good dungeon designs and cute waifus. Has a lot of annoying problems, though.

meh, still not finished class of heroes 2

Could you go into that?

Can someone tell me straight, how ecchi is this game?

Like every anime game, despite having horrendous gameplay, graphics, mechanics, story, music and atmosphere, it gets sales because manchildren still want something to jerk off to.

In terms of quality, if you're asking what went right, nothing. Games like this are essentially a more degenerate equivalent of Carnival or Buzz.

Just a lot of little shit that it seems like a dungeon crawler would have, like autocombat. If you do any side stuff, you'll end up going into older dungeons to get to back areas or grind some drops, the monsters will be a pittance, but you still have to tap the button mindlessly. Also inventory management. You have a limited bag space, which is perfectly fine, but then you have quests for random drops, but if they drop when your bag is full you can't opt to toss something for it. You can also only throw items away one at a time. There's good class diversity, but some classes just seem useless, and things like buffs/debuffs are spread out strangely. The pure healing class only gets a magic defense buff, the pure buffing class only gets the most basic single-target heal. Equipment drops aren't interesting since 90% of them are "WEAPON+##"

I really enjoyed the game, and I'm even doing post-game, but these things are annoying.

To quote con man Inafune "Its better than nothing"

Which is somewhat of the Vita's motto.

>bought game because it was recommended as having "good mechanics and depth"
>load screen up
>no story to speak of, just anime girls tripping all over each other sticking their panty-clad butts in the air
>shot after shot of ecchi
>gameplay looks like it was ripped off from 80s era Might and Magic

now I'm selling this on Craigslist. Thanks for the waste of money, guys.

I don't think you know what to expect from a dungeon crawler.

>80s era might and magic
so it's a good game?

A slow burn with deep gameplay, strategy, and tons of customization.

So far all I've seen is way too many panties. I don't mind a bit of fanservice, but there doesn't seem to be a game here at all.

If it really does get better I might give it a shot, but then again, I have a backlog of Wizardry and Might and Magic, so if this game isn't up to those levels, it's not really worth keeping.

No, it's certainly not that.

way to waste your money.
there is a demo on psn store.
there is no reason not to try it if you are interested in it

Ignore panties. Everything you asked for is there.

in the bad ways

>no camera, your character can only turn in 90 degrees
>walking one cube at a time

shit like that. Those were limitations of earlier games and don't really need to be around anymore.

Have you played Demon Gaze? I actually played it more than DT2.

Well I can't say you're wrong. I haven't put tons of mileage on the game yet. Most ecchi games are just there for fanservice and nothing else though.

....though I do wish MuvLuv were on GOG

Demon Gaze is half the game DT2 is

But those are the whole fucking appeal of these games

I haven't, is it better?

I disagree, no camera (for example) is a limitation that people accept in order to play a complex game.

what do you mean? im starting DT2 and finished Demons Gaze, not him btw

DT2 is just a lot better than Demon Gaze.

The game is legit as a DRPG. Stupid amounts of dungeon crawling and boss fights. I platinum'd the game and I still hadn't beaten any of the endgame bosses.

Ok, the only thing im disliking of DT2 is the turn based combad, i liked wave where you decide all attacks at the start

Turns are based on speed though. Half the endgame strat is enchanting your gear with AGI and Speed Up so you can actually do something before enemies try to fuck your shit up.

Magical Princess ftw.

It's a good dungeon crawler and if you like weeb games and fan service then that's just a bonus. If you don't, it's easily ignored

Not that user but I enjoyed Demon Gaze a lot. I was thinking of trying DT2 but IIRC it has set characters right? Can you still customize classes?

Each character falls into one of 5 archetypes, and those 5 classes branch have two more tiers of classes and end up with 3-4 final classes per archetype.

It has set characters (plus a bunch of paid DLC characters). Classes depend on if the character is a Fighter, Magic User, Maid, and Spieler. So while a Magic User will never be a Paladin, they can either be a Witch (Black Mage type) or a Bishop (White Mage type).

It does have set characters, and each of them has a fixed base class. You choose which advanced classes each character goes into and how to distribute skill points.

So many classes, guess I'll be trying it out so thanks user.

I much preferred Demon Gaze to DT2.

DT2 just has way too many stupid problems holding it back, like alot of the classes being useless, the equipment/inventory system being a mess, the blacksmith being a fucking random encounter in the dungeon, 90% of the bosses being recoloured, slightly stronger versions of regular enemies, and for all the praise people give its dungeon design, the dungeons just feel like a bunch of gimmicks randomly slapped together without any real thought or design put into it. They're complex yeah, but they're also boring and completely forgettable.

I feel like Demon Gaze doesn't get enough credit for its dungeons just cause they're not as complex, I love how most of the dungeons kind of connect up with one another, like how the graveyard leads into the forest, or the burning city leads into the underwater lake, and you can get into the locked side of the graveyard through an underground passage in the castle. The fact that I still remember most of the dungeons and their layout still speaks volumes of their design to me.

Anyway I'm not trying to bash DT2 too much, I have over 140 hours put into it after all, but I think it's overrated as fuck in these threads and Demon Gaze shits all over it imo.

Not the user you are replying to but I felt that Demon Gaze had a better story, more likeable characters, and great a BGM. The dungeon designs are hit or miss in both games as is farming for better equipment.

DG has quality but DT2 has quantity and both are good DRPG games.

I disagree with all of your complaints towards DT2 other than the blacksmith/enchanter being a random encounter, but I do agree that Demon Gaze deserves more credit. I don't think it's in the same league as DT2, but it's a solid dungeon crawler with a lot going for it.

There's something about Demon Gaze that made for a great experience
>great soundtrack and sound design, even the vocalist grows on you after a while
>beautiful aesthetics and character designs
>streamlined, fast-paced combat
>story never intruded on gameplay, somehow managed to not clash with your custom-made characters.

I will say though that the battlelog could've been better and some of the dungeon mechanics like electric fences that you could walk into were pretty cheap.

Nice bait.

Demon gaze has 10 times the gameplay DouTei 2 is.

I despise the fact that the some of the EO elitists use DG as a punching bag allong with DT2 for being ecchi quests with no substance, both games provide excellent challenge.

DT2 is the king of cheapness when it comes to exploring dungeons.

>hidden walls that don't show up until you cross the threshold
>hidden paths behind walk through walls
>pitfalls that don't show up until you fall in them
>traps, traps everywhere
>anti-magic rooms
>anti-map rooms

I put the game on halt because I was burned out after more than 120 hours. Now 6 months later I'd like to continue (I'm in post game) but I don't remember anything, fuck.

Censored shit though.

We can uncensor it with HENkaku now.

Really? That's nice then.

No we can't.

yes we can

Persona 4 Golden undub has already surfaced. We can freely replace assets in Vita games now.

You played it?