This game, man

This game, man.

I barely thought it would live up to the hype, let alone exceed it. I've been playing for four hours straight across only two sectors and about three bosses/enemies, and it has been absolutely and utterly humbling. My breath is being taken away at every turn.

I just drowned trying desperately to make my way out of a dark underwater cave on a warm, lonely, massive planet, with ominous screeching startling me from far across some ancient complex against the backdrop of a massive dark blue cave. Earlier I was marveling at a herd of flopping manta-like creatures over a heated pool of magma in a brightly lit cavern. Creatures were screeching in the distance and synth chords played in the background.

I very much appreciate the technical and leveling aspects such as moon walking and beam expansions, but most of all, this game has been an extremely emotional experience for me so far. I could barely pull myself away from my first gamma metroid fight once I acquired the super missiles. No matter what I'm looking at, I have this excitement and this wonder and frustration that I am inevitably missing so much. I have never, EVER felt this lost. SR388 just beckons, wordlessly. What a beautiful, beautiful, titanic game. I have no words.

Enjoy, everyone. And thank you, Nintendo. Jeez Louise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6eAW1lLHGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9L7moeWarhw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Get early power bombs
>Have 3/4 power bombs when I come to The Tester
>My face when 3 almost completely destroys his shell in just a few seconds on Hard difficulty

Easiest boss ever. Best sequence break ever.

HELP, WHEre DO I FIND THE SUPPER MISSILE?

>My breath is being taken away at every turn.
Exaggerate much?

This game is pretty great though. Better than fed force for sure but definitely not GOTY. I've played through super and fusion only so I can't say I'm much of a series veteran but I feel like the games praised a bit too much. Yeah they've got a great atmosphere but it's not like other games don't have it too. All in all the series is still fun and I'm having a good time with AM2R.

Its copypasta user

HALP! I killed all of the metroids in that dark area and now I'm stuck.

Some guy posted that about dead man's lies on reddit. He's just having some fun.

expect to see it a lot in the coming week

Its not goty no, but fuck, for a free game? I wouldve paid money for this shit easily and been very satisfied. It's really fucking good.

PLEAS SOMEONE

one of the areas where you fought one with the little bridge, (not the one that collapses) bomb that shit

Being a bit too dramatic there. It is pretty good though, probably the only 2D metroid game we'll ever get for a long time.

Thank you, you're a saint.

Okay, so it's a bridge that doesn't collapse?

>that escape section
>that miniboss
>that getting out with 5 energy
holy fuck, that might have been the most hype escape in the entire series

now, where the fuck do I go next? unless I'm supposed to go back down there?

who found themselves a trapped to the point of restarting from last save? i suffered that fate twice already: in the area where you find for the first time the super missile blocks i managed to pass through those with the spiderball accidentaly (pretty much a glitch?) and since i still haven't acquired those i couldn't break those things at the time.
and the other was on The tower, on the back entrance to the room that has the plasma beam, got stuck beacuse i didn't power up the plant.
but now i already passed that and the water area, i'm near 6 hours with 88% on my first run, found all energy tanks and power ups/chozo relics , have more than 200 normal missiles and near 20 super missiles and powerbombs, and also i have 14 metroids left to go so i can reach the final area and find more baby metroids to ice beam their asses, if it goes just like the original
this game is pretty neat

I'm bombing everything in sight

how do you get early power bombs?

There is no super missile. There must be some sort of perma stuck glitch that I've come across.

>fresh

not him, but you can go under the tower immediately after killing all of the nearby metroids, and it's not exactly a sequence break if it's an optional fight

How the fuck do i get this? there was a speedbooster path on the right but nothing on the wall of the missile pack. I've bombed every wall i could find...

Just cleared that part a few minutes ago. All metroids in the area have been purged, but I still gotta fight The Tester

How do I get this one?

I can't find anything to bomb in the vicinity

I fought the Tester before I went under the Tower, though.

>playing this on hard
>Not just one but four Omegas on the last leg of the game
>Last section is just eight normal Metroids and a weak ass queen

I'm gonna say it. The Other M Metroid Queen was better, if only because her attack pattern wasn't laughably predictable.
Granted, it's been years since I played Other M and I'm not inclined to go back and double check.

He means this:
youtube.com/watch?v=f6eAW1lLHGQ

What the fuck am I supposed to do next? It says there are two more Metroids. I can't find them. I can't find shit, and everything is locked behind super missiles!

There's a speedbooster block underneath that you'll need to shinespark through.

Further left is a section you can bomb that leads into a maze of tunnels. One of the tunnels leads underneath the e-tank.

post map

I haven't played AM2R but I did play Metroid 2 and that looks like the one where you go through the dark room under where you're standing right now

shinespark from below, there's two blocks down there on the hall, find them with the bombs and then charge it

It's been a while since I've played Other M too, but I recall the queen there having more trouble turning around than a Monster Hunter boss.

go get super missiles then. you should have them by now

ok, ill look for it. thanks

I just got to the reactor core place. Is this the escape section? Should I do this before or after The Tester?

>The tower, on the back entrance to the room that has the plasma beam, got stuck beacuse i didn't power up the plant.

Yes, this is a known issue. Luckily you can't save while you're trapped in there.

i think that dark area is clear already

it is
and it doesn't matter

well to be fair that looks more like a glitch or something like that and not like a sequence break, but I guess I can try it out in my hard run

Find out how to come up from underneath

That incomplete green hallway is speed booster, I'm pretty sure

Where should I go next? I'm at a loss.

The light green area?

>four

You can't drown, cockface.

Calm your tits raging rodriguez

It's free and there's tons of variety. Every thirty minutes I was stunned that the game was still getting better and showing me even higher quality than I thought possible

Except maybe the last 30 minutes. That was almost copy pasted from the original.

>spamming that piece of dogshit
You're 12, get the fuck out.

>hype
>exceed
>This game, man.
>utterly humbling
>marveling
>brightly lit cavern
>extremely emotional experience
>beckons, wordlessly
>titanic game
>Jeez Louise

Is this a parody of /r/games?

i checked my map, the other two metroids are in the other part of the factory you haven't checked yet

This your first batch of power bombs?

I figure that once I'm done with Tester, I'll backtrack to some areas and see what opens up with the power bombs. In particular, that elevator shaft near the outpost where you were ambushed by the two alpha metroids.

this is a reddit copy pasta from the no mans sky forum

Sorry about all the questions, but where is the factory again?

Damn, the pasta has reached maximum boiling point. Delete this. DELETE THIS NOW.

We dont want no soft gooey pasta

I want nice, boiled spaghetti, topped with homemade sauce.
And meatballs made from Metroid nuclei.

Okay AM2Rgen, I've made it to the final step towards getting the Super Missile that's behind a bunch of different gates/skill checks.

I've been able to preserve the shinespark on the tiny ramp just to the left of this and make it over to this hatch several times, but I'm having trouble converting it into a downward launch to break through.
I can only consistently get horizontal ballmode shinesparks. Any advice?

it's the light green area near the place you are right now
there other two metroid are in pic related or at least one of them the other is below that but once you are there you will see the way to reach it

bump

I really, really enjoyed this. I have four nitpicks, though.

>Even with the warps, moving from area to area is a massive pain in the ass
>End of the game is empty corridors and it's a long as fuck backtrack once you realize where you are
>Enemies die in a really weird looking little explosion
>Metroid fights get tedious.

Unless you are on hard mode, they are more about brute forcing than anything else. Even Omegas are easiest just tanking the flames and then supering the chest. I know some of these complaints have more to do with staying true to the original, but I feel like they drag down what is otherwise a super game. A minor point is that upgrades are rarely interesting to get to, though there are shinespark puzzles which were enjoyable. Best controls of the series by far.

power up the plant, the power bombs will let you pass through yellow doors and there's one near
there's a energy tank if you go back

Spineshank as a ball towards the first upwards slope and you just get enough momentum to get there. Nerd.

Best one's in the factory.

>Run atop one of those boxes near the ceiling
>Shinespark in just the right way to run into the door
>Prep Shinespark again, detonate Power Bomb
>Shinespark, receive Power Bomb

I felt so fucking triumphant for something so inconsequential

Thank you very much, you're very kind. I know I sound like a huge casual here but I searched for hours, I swear.

While in ball form, shinespark into the tunnel and hit the ramp. You'll continue to speedboost through the tunnel and break the blocks.

I'm not even mad at this shill. Game is great.
>still annoyed that I didn't get 100%

>Enemies die in a really weird looking little explosion

You mean that cross-shaped explosion? I don't get it either, is it supposed to be a reference to something from the original?

>tfw nintendo is already trying to take it down

Oh, I thought was just reiterating what I'd already said and misunderstanding where I was stuck until I read 's post.
Thanks , that makes more sense to me.
Still not completely able to ballmode shinespark at-will but I've done it a few times.

>Other M helmet
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEI actually like that helmet design a lot, I'm not even madEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey, where do I find Wave Beam? I missed that motherfucker like a champ.

>IT HASN'T BEEN 24 HOURS AND THEY LAUNCHED THIS SHIT TRAILER
youtube.com/watch?v=9L7moeWarhw

looks fucking worse than Kid Icarus: Uprising or REvelations

SPOILER FAIL

But seriously, where is the Wave Beam

AT LAST, AT LONG LAST.

>Metroid game
>I just drowned

yeah it's not on the site anymore, I needed to re-download the torrent too, and we're probably not going to get any updates like he said he wanted to do

the Other M shit is pretty much a staple for the Metroid styles AND Metroid fanstuff now

just look at Federation Force and Fusion-X

Hold the fucking phone, you beat all those metroids without super missile?!

>Federation Force

Fed Force has the Prime 2 Varia.

Yeah, I did. It was a pain in the ass. One of the most difficult gauntlets I've ever faced.

it's not just that

power suit's shoulder pads are basically other m's

Hydro Area

They are literally the opposite, shoulder fins and glowy speed lines are Super/Prime.

Which one? The facility (Area 3, I think) or the submerged area with the warp pipes?

Hydro Area. Small hint: There is a block passage that you can bomb free.

is there really no way to use the dpad on ds4?

Oh, it's named that in the game, isn't it. I'm dumb.

Thanks. I'll go grab it now before I commit genocide.

So to those who have finished the game:

>did you enjoy it?
>how does it compare to the original?
>how does it compare to an official Nintendo metroid like Zero Mission, Fusion, or Super?

Curious to other user's thoughts.

Never felt as lost eh? You should try some of the romhacks for the nes. "Metroid Challenge" for example, you'll feel more lost than you've ever felt in your life while you're running around in circles in a shithard maze with tons of identical rooms connected with 3-4 hidden oneway exits each and no map. :)

This confused me too.

Better than Zero Mission.

Gib link pls

KI: uprising was good though so

copy dat floppy

>Yes
>Better just for not being so zoomed in alone
>Worse than those three but not by much. Has a few better parts like controls. Very impressive for what it is

I think it's on the level of like Axiom Verge and Environmental Station Alpha just edges it out. It's the best Metroid since Fusion for sure. I think it actually suffers by trying to be a bit too close to source material which was limited by the Game Boy.

The only people who would prefer the original to AM2R are extremely nostalgic people and people who get sexually excited from hand-drawing maps.

it was

playing the Blast Ball demo makes me want to go back playing KI:U's online multiplayer

doubt the full game will be better

It seems like it's metroid prime hunters, 4 swords edition.

Do the troopers get different powers like the various characters in hunters or are they all equipped with the same non-changable weaponry?

I loved the variety in hunters, and it was pretty decent. IT doesn't look promising that this game on the 3ds doesn't look like much of a graphical advancement over hunters, from a decade ago.

It's a little thing, but I find the "thunk" sound that plays when you hit the end of a warp tube to be super satisfying.

Also, there's one in the warp hub that's surrounded on all sides so you can't access it. Is there any significance to that?

>did you enjoy it?
Fuck yeah I did. The only two things that need improvement are Zeta Metroids and the music that plays when you encounter one.
>how does it compare to the original?
Much better in every way. Especially the bigger screensize.
>how does it compare to an official Nintendo metroid like Zero Mission, Fusion, or Super?
I'd say it's better than Fusion and Zero Mission. I do prefer Super Metroid over AM2R.

No