No Man's Sky players feel misled after two meet on a planet and can't see each other

pcgamesn.com/no-mans-sky-no-multiplayer

>Two streamers may have finally put it to rest, meeting up on a planet in the middle of the universe and realising that they couldn't see each other. Here's a picture of the scene. They met up at the same time, but the time of day on the planet is different for both players, suggesting that everyone is placed in a separate instance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bv1CkZXBROc&feature=youtu.be&a
youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
youtu.be/AE0nuW-mQ8A
youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MORE LIKE NOBODY UNDER THE SAME SKY AMIRITE

ENOUGH THREADS ABOUT THIS FUCKING GAME.

THERE ARE LIKE 20 THREADS FOR THIS STUPID FUCKING GAME ALREADY. PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY MADE THREADS ABOUT THIS STUPID ARTICLE. STOP.

t. berniebro trying to cover up his mess
Nice try

>it's okay when Overwatch does it

They are afraid people will forget about Overshit

youtube.com/watch?v=bv1CkZXBROc&feature=youtu.be&a

Why do they feel misled? It was literally stated the day before release that it isn't multiplayer.

>Inb4 BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

>Inb4 SEAN LIED, WE GOT HIM BOYS

>Inb4 REDDITORS ARE SUING!

Keep dreaming lad, Overwatch will be an everlasting game

Este jogo, cara.

Eu mal achava que seria tão bom quanto as minhas expectativas, muito menos que seria melhor. Estou jogando faz quatro horas, estive em apenas dois sistemas solares e aproximadamente cinco planetas/luas, e tudo isso me fez sentir absolutamente insignificante neste Universo grandioso. Eu fico sem palavras a cada coisa nova que encontro.

Acabei de me afogar tentando desesperadamente escapar de uma caverna escura subterrânea em um frio, solitário e colossal planeta, com grunhidos aterrorizantes me assustando da direção de distantes, rochosas e erodidas montanhas em contraste com o plano de fundo de um sistema solar azul-escuro. Mais cedo, eu estava maravilhado com um bando de criaturas similares a antílopes pastando no pequeno paraíso amarelo que era uma lua com céu cor-de-rosa. Criaturas rangiam de longe e acordes de piano tintilavam no fundo.

Eu aprecio muito os aspectos técnicos e os relacionados ao passar de nível, como a mineração e o comércio, mas acima de tudo, o jogo anda sendo uma experiência extremamente emocional para mim até agora. Eu mal consegui me obrigar a sair do meu primeiro sistema solar depois que adquiri a warp cell. Não importa aonde eu olhe, sempre tenho essa perplexidade, entusiasmo e frustração por saber que inevitavelmente ficarei sem conhecer tantas coisas. Eu nunca, NUNCA, me senti perdido dessa maneira. O espaço me chama, mesmo sem dizer nada. Que jogo lindo, lindo e enorme. Me deixa sem palavras.

Desfrutem, vocês todos. E obrigado, Sean e Hello Games. Eita, Luísa.

>pre-orders open for months
>mention your game is lacking a main feature 24h before release in a small tweet

GUYS SEEING THAT YOUR FRIEND NAMED A PLANET DICKBUTT IS MULTIPLAYER CONTENT.

>are you uncomfortable?
>Yes.
KEK

Don't they just need to get on the same instance? Surely there isn't a different instance for every single person.

yearly reminder that preordering in the modern age is literally cancer.

I'll get a few hours of enjoyment out of this game when I can torrent it.

Don't you idiots have any idea how games work?

It's a single-player offline-playable game with a procedurally generated universe, of course it's not fucking multiplayer.

Oh, fuck off, he should have been transparent about that from the very beginning, not come out about it in a tweet 1 day before the game comes out.

>it's not multiplayer
>but you're "playing in the same universe"
call me crazy, but as i understand if two people are at the same point in space and time in the same universe, they usually see each other. that's been the case every time i've done it in my own universe

>Try to meet
>PSN servers keep disconnecting
>One guy finds out he has to buy PS+
>Buys it
>PSN servers keep disconnecting
How could Sony be so shit?

I can't wait for everyone to forget about. Today has been fucking awful with these threads.

>why do they feel misled when after being vague about it for the entire process they stated at the absolute last second that it isn't multiplayer
You what

What does it say?

about this*

FUCK

>One Man's Lie

>The chances of two players ever crossing paths in a universe is pretty much zero
>Happens on release day

>vague
Everybody knew it wasn't going to be multiplayer if you thought otherwise you are just plain retarded.

Nu-Male's Sky

I can feel the neckbeard and fedora every time some nerd repeats that "joke". It wasn't funny the first time. It's just cringe at this point.

No man's sky? More like No one's here!

no Sean Murray made the issue ambigious. watch the video interviews where he is asked if you will ever be able to see your own character. this controversy is his fault really, he should have been more clear.

>listening to devs talk about their game
You should have learned this lesson by now, how many time do you need to get burned to understand this?

I don't think this is getting through your head properly. There is no "instance" for anyone. You play the game entirely offline with the exception of data being sent to a central server when you name things. That's it.

see

Yeah just like TF2

>a joke I don't like is a """"joke""""

>LE CRINGE xd
Redditor detected

youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies~

youtu.be/AE0nuW-mQ8A

well I am still looking forward to playing it, just was confused as to what exactly is possible in game. now I know. of course that could change in an update.

as late as a day ago, he still hinted that multiplayer wasn't impossible -- it was simply rare. people are going to read this as "if you try hard enough, that experience is there to be found"

what he really needed to say was that it's a single player game, period. "pretty much zero" = "it's possible but it won't happen" when the truth is that it's not even possible because it's not even coded. that is a blatant lie, even if the practical value is the same, and that is what he should be held accountable for. why even *imply* that there exists a multiplayer facet to the game when there isn't one? one word: marketing. he was being intentionally deceptive and he knew it

Anyone who expected it to be more than it is is a fucking moron

>cringe
>fedora posting
>le neckbear argument
>nu male detected

>Will NMS have multiplayer?
>The chance of two players ever meeting in a universe this size would be super slim...
>Okay but is it going to have multiplayer? Like can two players explore a planet or dogfight in space together?
>Extremely low chance that two players could even find each other, if that were possible!
>YES OR NO DOES IT HAVE MULTIPLAYER?
>Ehhhhhhh......

Then all the dumbshits rooting for this game were like WOAH IT HAS MULTIPLAYER WE JUST GOTTA FIND EACH OTHER.

They never said it had multiplayer. They dodged the question every single time on technicalities because they are assholes trying to sucker as many people as possible. The people who believed them are gullible idiots.

They are assholes, the supporters are idiots. Both of these groups suck and only the naysayers have bragging rights now.

But he never lied!
>chances are pretty much zero
This means you will never meet anyone.

he is a pathological liar. at least we know his "tell" now. the laugh. the vein in the forehead. the "yeah" response. i know he didn't want to disappoint people by saying no, but he really should have fucking said NO and clarified, then spinned it positive. Sony should not have allowed him to do these interviews.

No, I expected it to be shit.

Then I'm sorry you couldn't read between the line and look at the fact that they dodged the fuck out of the question and never once showed any multiplayer capabilities and though "oh yeah the dev isnt totally trying to build hype"

It suggests it's possible. The chance of an uncoded feature happening isn't pretty much zero, it's zero.

No not really. Nearly every Overwatch thread had people complaining or telling people to fuck off to /vg/.

DS3 was worse.

Because he couldn't be fucking clear and just say "your world is actually instanced so you cant see other players", afraid that MP seeking players would be turned off

He's a fucking nu male cuck

>linking to crowbcat
I have a pretty good image of what you look like.

UNO JUGADOR

vaitomanocusean

there is no between the lines here. he lied. he stated things that are untrue. and for that he must pay the price.

refunds when?

TF2 withstood the test of time.
Don't get me wrong it is definitely a husk of its former self.

You got proven wrong.

>stop not talking about Activision games I must have 50 overwatch and wow threads or else I'm not paid

>actually thinking the multiplayer won't get fixed
Is everyone on Sup Forums literally retarded

So, has anyone even found a planet that looks like this yet?

Every planet I've seen so far looks like shit.

>fixed
Can't fix what doesn't exist.

Multiplayer? What multiplayer?

only people that use the word literally and think that multiplayer will be patched into NMS

No he didn't. He dodged the questions about multiplayer in ways that were obvious to many people. Tons of people were trying to point this out to everyone else but people covered their ears because it conflicted with what they wanted to believe. Now you get to pay the price.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU
0:59
>Will you be able to play with your friends?
>Yeah

1:32
>Do you ever get a good look at your character?
>You can see other characters, and they can see you.

Life must be hard being this fucking stupid.

Yeah its in a bad state right now but its not dead playerwise. Its always in the top 5 games on steam and sitting at 60K players right now.

Wouldn't call that dead for a 9 year old game.

yes he did, and you need to stfu.

>this buyers remorse
You can tell by the buyers' remorse this board has become full of kids. Babby's first Molyneux, lel.

They have no obligation to fix or change anything. It could happen but you're stupid to expect empty promises to be anything other than marketing at this point

stop trying to make this into le epic shitstorm who fucking cares

no way

that's some sort of joke or something right? because it's fucking hilarious.

Mine too
We might be in the same universe
We should meet
And suck each others dicks

see
:)

seeing issues like this as black and white right and wrong is so simple minded.

I don't need to do anything, friend. Suck up the embarrassment and move on.

>say several times before there's no multiplayer
>Steam page even states this
>HURR DURR WE'VE BEEN MISLED
People are just fucking stupid

Your a idort

stop posting on Sup Forums Sean

I'm not embarassed. I am still right. You should move on. People need to be held accountable for publicly lying.

Image related, what two players saw when they got to the same place.

Nobody is arguing the fact that he dodged questions, but that doesn't change the fact that he lied.

Actually no, idiot, he has stated numerous times that you will be able to see other players, and recently has stated that the chance is "pretty much zero", implying the chance is still there, and its possible, but probably wont happen, instead of flat out saying "no you wont be able to see other players"

Stop sucking Seans dick. There is no between the lines, there is truth, and there are lies, and he lied.

>Will you be able to play with your friends?
>Yeah
Yeah, as in your friends can watch you play from beside you.
>Do you ever get a good look at your character?
>You can see other characters, and they can see you.
characters, or entities can perceive your character. As in the creatures that spawn in planets.

He didn't lie. He was just an incredible dick about it.

see

The procedural generation on Sup Forums sucks
All the threads are the same

So why was this hyped in the first place? It just looks boring.

>neckbeard
>fedora
>immediately jumping to what is the only worse thing than being some faggot numale

Adorable. How's your Starbucks?

Look Im just waiting for the inevitable meltdown and SONY lawsuit

The point is, maybe we don't know what Sean's referring to yet when he mentioned "multiplayer-lite" mechanics. Clearly, there is NO MULTIPLAYER, but all those saying he lied might not understand the small print.

Maybe there's an AI that runs around if two people appear in the same area. Once again, NO MULTIPLAYER as Sean has said MANY MANY TIMES, but there are bits where another player's AI CHARACTER can see you.

That's just one thing. The fact is

WE DON'T KNOW AND WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

We want to experience NMS ORGANICALLY, and not have

EVER SINGE LITTLE THING

get it's own article.

For a game you guys hate so much, you do seem to want to know every little detail about it.

Guys false alarm, he clearly stated that there is no multiplayer the day before release.
Let's get off his case.

/s

このゲームは、男。
私はやっとそれが誇大広告に住んで、ましてやそれを超えるだろうと思いました。私はストレートの2つだけのシステム間で4時間から約5つの惑星/衛星のためにプレーしてきた、そしてそれは絶対と全く屈辱的となっています。私の息があるごとに奪われています。
私は不吉なうなる大規模なダークブルー系の背景にいくつかの岩、浸食された山々を横切って遠くから私を驚くべきで、寒さ、孤独、巨大な惑星に暗い水中洞窟の外に私の方法を作るために必死にしようとして溺死しました。以前の私はピンクの空と月の小さな黄色の楽園にカモシカのような生き物を放牧の群れで驚くました。クリーチャーは、距離に金切り声を上げ、バックグラウンドで再生ピアノの和音を鈴ました。
私は非常に多く、そのような採鉱や取引などの技術的およびレベリング側面を感謝しますが、すべてのほとんどは、このゲームは、これまで私のために非常に感情的な経験をされています。私はワープセルを取得したら、私はやっと私の最初のシステムから自分を引き離すことができました。どんなに私が探しているものを、私はこの興奮と、この不思議と私は必然的にあまりないのです不満を持っていません。私は、今までこれが失われたと感じたことがありません。スペースだけで無言、手招き。どのような美しい、美しい、チタンゲーム。言葉も出ない。
、みんなをお楽しみください。そして、ショーンとハローゲームをありがとうございました。うわあルイーズ。

このゲームは、男。

私はほとんどそれがはるかに少ない方が良いだろう、私の期待と同じくらい良いことだと思いません。私は4時間ですが、私は2つだけソーラーシステムと、約5つの惑星/衛星であって、このすべては私が壮大な宇宙の中では全く意味のない感じさせるをプレイしています。私は私が見つけるごとに新しいものを言葉得ます。

私はちょうど私の背景ダークブルーソーラーシステムとは対照的に、遠くの岩と侵食され、山の方向を怖がらせる恐ろしいうなり声と、冷たい孤独と巨大惑星で地下の暗い洞窟から脱出しようと必死に溺れ。以前、私は色のピンクの空と月だった少し黄色の楽園で放牧カモシカに似た生き物の束と驚きました。クリーチャーは遠くcreakedとピアノの和音は、バックグラウンドでtintilavam。

これまでのところ、私は非常にそのような採鉱や貿易のように、技術的な側面と支出の関連レベルを感謝しますが、すべての上に、ゲームが歩くと私のために非常に感動的な体験。私はかろうじてセルの反りを取得した後に私の最初の太陽系を残すために自分自身をもたらす可能性があります。私が見てどんなに、私はいつも必然的にたくさんのことを知らなくてもとどまることを知って、この困惑、興奮と不満を持っています。私は、このようにして失われた感じたことはないん。スペースがあっても何も言わずに私を呼び出します。美しく巨大などのような美しいゲーム、。私は言葉をみましょう。

、あなたのすべてをお楽しみください。そして、ショーンとハローゲームをありがとうございました。うわあ、ルイーズ。

We don't really know if it's a scam or not.
We always knew there was no actual multiplayer, but being able to SEE other players isn't "multiplayer," it's just online play. I understood the basic idea that you couldn't actually do anything with other players, that was fine, no "play," but I went with the idea that you'd still be able to SEE someone moving around or jumping or whatever.

If he really just flat out lied about that over and over, FUCK him.

see

He advertised with his sob story instead of actual gameplay, so sentimental idiots immediately hopped onto his dick.

HE LIED

Looks like I triggered some fedora neckbeards.

Nigga I don't give a shit about multiplayer. Plenty don't.

Ce jeu, l'homme.
Je pensais que ce serait à peine à la hauteur de la hype, et encore moins dépasser. Je joue pendant quatre heures d'affilée à travers seulement deux systèmes et environ cinq planètes / lunes, et il a été absolument et tout à fait une leçon d'humilité. Mon souffle est enlevé à chaque tour.
Je viens noyé en essayant désespérément de faire mon chemin d'une grotte sous-marine foncé sur un froid, solitaire, planète massive, avec grondement sinistre me faisant sursauter de loin à travers certains, des montagnes rocheuses érodées dans le contexte d'un système bleu foncé massif. Plus tôt, je suis émerveillé à un troupeau de pâturage créatures d'antilope-comme sur un petit paradis jaune de la lune avec un ciel rose. Créatures piaulaient dans la distance et tintement accords de piano joué en arrière-plan.
J'apprécie beaucoup les aspects techniques et de nivellement tels que l'exploitation minière et le commerce, mais surtout, ce jeu a été une expérience extrêmement émotionnelle pour moi jusqu'à présent. Je pouvais à peine me tirer loin de mon premier système une fois que j'ai acquis la cellule de chaîne. Peu importe ce que je regarde, j'ai cet enthousiasme et cette merveille et la frustration que je suis inévitablement manque tellement. Je ne l'ai jamais, jamais senti perdu. Espace fait signe juste, muettement. Quel beau, beau, titanic jeu. Je n'ai pas de mots.
Profitez de tout le monde. Et je vous remercie, Sean et Hello Games. Jeez Louise.