Is it dying or what? Played around 40 hours at release on ps4 ... did they fix network problems?

Is it dying or what? Played around 40 hours at release on ps4 ... did they fix network problems?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw
orig03.deviantart.net/8905/f/2016/200/3/8/chunli_sparring_costume_conversions_by_brutalace-daanje3.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Netcode still isn't good but it's better.

Lobbies aren't absolute horseshit anymore

No real solution to ragequitting just a 2hour cooldown added if you RQ too much.

Zenny is no longer a thing you just use real money

not all DLC can be bought with Fight Money (characters can though and that's the important one)

The game mechanically speaking is great. It has a couple hiccups (funky hitboxes, frame delay, jumping in is still incredibly safe) but the online interaction is still somewhat of a mess. If you're looking to play the game competitively I suggest picking it back up. Otherwise it's just another game that sits on the shelf until you have a couple friends over to play it with you.

I see. I dont see myself becoming good anytime soon so i guess ill wait for friends

thanks

No problem. The first season is ending in a couple months and hopefully that will bring about some new changes to make the game better.

LOW

If you were to stack up SFV to Guilty Gear Xrd, for example, which comes out on top?

>The game mechanically speaking is great.

how about that 8 frames of input lag offline, is that a "hiccup"

It pretty much is.

SMASH

Has this guy actually hit anyone yet?

I just got the game and I'm having tons of fun as Cammy and M. Bison. Anyone have tips?

stack up as in how?

The netcode in guilty gear is currently much better. It's not great either but it's definitely better.

Lobbies in Guilty Gear on top fucking notch though. No worries about RQing because of it.

The player base is extremely small when compared to Street Fighter though so be prepared to play against a lot of the same people.

Many of those people are also already good at the game so you'll probably get bodied a lot more than in SF before you start winning.

Mechanically speaking it's like comparing apples to oranges. I can't really do that.

FRAUD

notice how I said frame delay in the hiccups section. While it was intentional it was dumb. As far as addressing 8f in the future for capcom I don't know if they'll do it. Many people have already adjusted to the difference in frame delay so using that as an excuse makes you come out sounding kinda scrubby.

Core-A Gaming did a great video on it and how it can possiblly hinder certain top plalyers under certain conditions. youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw

Haven't heard from this guy since he was banned from Twitch.

he got bodied by a smash player the other day then the entirety of both the smash community and the FGC blew him up.

>game shits the bed on release with censorship and limited features due to rushed development.
>consistent nearly daily threads on Sup Forums for 6+ months
How?

Censorship literally doesn't matter to people who play fighting games for the gameplay so that's one group of people who won't stop threads.

Sup Forums won't shut the fuck up about any controversy no matter how small or how big it is so that's another reason for constant threads.

Then waifufags and people bitching about things they don't know fill the rest.

competitive play user. The only other games outside of the FGC that are even close to as entertaining to watch are quake games and Quakecon is over so that wont be happening again soon. Not only that but they've been steadily trying to improve the game and have been releasing new characters.

If you really want to uncensor the butt slap that bad there's a PC mod for it.

Because it's Street Fighter.

Nope it is still going strong, big tournaments almost every week, and more people playing it online than all other fighting games put together.

The matchmaking is fixed, it will now only match you against people on your skill level, it is faster too for the most part, sometimes you have to wait for like 3 or 5 minutes for a match, and then after it you're back to 20 seconds wait time again.

It you set the search for 5 bars only, then the chance for a rollback fest are small, but can still happen, mostly against PC players for some reason.

Why does R. Mika get so much hate?

>Netcode still isn't good but it's better.
False, absolutely nothing changed netcode-wise

>Lobbies aren't absolute horseshit anymore
Completely false, still can't region-filter, multi-play, or write in any manner

Forgot the fact that daily challenges, the actual way to earn FM (cause 50 a win in ranked is not valid and a sad joke), are still not out to this day.

Game is in a pathetic state. It's not even ready after the story update, infact essentially nothing changed ever since, they only added a shit story with shit art and shit matches.

Oh, that's right. All DLC characters except one are intentionally weak because Capcom was afraid they'd ruin the running CPT, by having everyone picking them and exploiting. So there's that too. All the new characters except for Juri are nowhere near balanced nor were ready to be released in this state, it's as clear as day.

Told you this update shit was a mistake. You didn't listen. Now enjoy getting 3 costumes and a stage for the price of what would have been a full expansion.

Because people don't like rigged guessing games no matter the skill level.

And weaker players will bitch a lot harder and louder than anyone else.

Its not a "hiccup" its consistent 8f of input lag when pressing a button but TOOL ASSISTED posted lately that actually for blocking the input delay is 7f for some reason, so blocking is only 2 frames slower than SFIV. But for Attacking its 3 frames slower.

I don't know why Capcom did that, but people have already adapted to it, because it is going to stay like this until tournament season is over at least, and input delay affects everyone equally, so its not like it is giving anyone an unfair advantage.

#based

>giving a shit about story in a fighting game

I should have been more clear also

I never said lobbies were good it's just they aren't completely useless now. The fact that lobbies even started out only being two people only was absolute horseshit.

Now lobbies allow more than two people so it's not absolute horseshit.

As far as weak DLC characters go the only one that can really be considered an absolute bomb at this point is Ibuki. Lots of people have been putting in work with the other ones.

There is a single major issue within the FGC.
SF will be supported, shilled and played no matter its quality, because the TOs are desperate for numbers and SF is the only big brand name normies recognize.

So, it will always be there.

When SFVI releases with just Ryu and Ken and the training stage, with 30 frames of lags, it'll get Sunday slot on EVO. Every member of the FGC will buy the game, the costumes, the stages, the titles, and will invest in the pot of the tournament.

That's just how it is. SFV is shit because Capcom is allowed to do whatever the fuck they want, so of course they aren't spending any effort. They are a company, not your pals. If they see retards ready to be exploited, they'll commence the exploiting.

Just to put things into perspective, fighting games lost relevancy when the EX serie revealed to be dog shit. Instead of "just don't play street fighter this year, man", nobody played anything and the scene stagnated.

It's pathetic, and this issue will haunt the community until it's either resolved or it kills it completely somewhere down the line.

>you can get enough Fight Money for two whole seasons of characters
>only if you play the hardest Survival Mode with EVERYONE

Fucking hate Capcom. I'm not going to even fucking bother beating Survival on Normal.

she's a casual filter. She's got a couple really easy combos that do high damage and then she's got a 50/50 mixup in the corner. That 50/50 mixup is why a lot of people don't like her as well. Just look at why MKX gets shit on all the time. It's all infinite block strings and 50/50 mixups which isn't fun.

>me have no problem knocking out a tranny
HE EVEN TALKS LIKE A CAVEMAN

> SF is the only big brand name normies recognize.

Mortal Kombat is the one all normies recognize. SF is the one the FGC recognizes and accepts

that' some over exaggeration there son.

Also think back to SFIV. The year that game came out it was awful.

Also if you can remember think back to when third strike came out.

Ever since ST stopped being the main SF game people have been divided on Street Fighter. The difference between then and now is that the game can be patched to make it better.

Which still doesn't excuse the piss poor release the game had but it's an option.

I don't know about the DLC characters thing.

PR Balrog says that Balrog is strong, but he also says that he doesn't have the tools to win tournaments, because according to him, there is a set of tools that are required to win at the competitive level in this game, if your character doesn't have most of them, and isn't Nash, then you can't win a big tournament according to Rog.

But then again we've seem characters who lack said tools winning Majors, and a certain muslin character that has ALL the tools he described, never reaching top 8 in a big event, so I don't know about the credibility of his claims, it could just be him whining about Balrog losing the headbutt, or it could be true and from now on, only "top tier" characters will win events until the January patch.

But then again you see a lot of people putting in work on those characters, so far the most developed ones are Alex and Guile, who are already ranking in some events, and meanwhile the newer ones are yet to see good use competitively, but I've seem some mean Platinum Ibuki players already.

> a certain muslin character that has ALL the tools he described
He doesn't have the damage and he's lacking good anti-airs just so you know.

Oh shit Ibuki sucks huh? Good thing she's the only character I spent my hard earned fight money on so far...

Eh, its a T rated game. They already push that limit a ton too. They gotta cover stuff up somewhere.
Also, it doesn't count as censorship if it was never in the released game.

based

I'm not sure if it's %100 she sucks or if her design and the game being so different from how she was in SFIII and SFIV but she's got some problems. She has a couple really good high damage combos but you need to know how to work the bombs. Most of the players who played in her IV haven't switched back to playing her because they don't think she's good.

Well fight lobbies actually allow 8 players and work now so that's fixed.

Finding a match is much faster than it used to be but getting into the match still takes an eternity, they've got to do something to speed the process up, too much fucking loading.

Netcode is better than it used to be but you'd best still keep your settings at 4 bars or above.

>Now lobbies allow more than two people so it's not absolute horseshit.
It doesn't matter when you can't play more than one instance within the lobby and you can't even decide to sit out watching the current people play, instead being in training mode or some shit.

None of the DLC characters are going to be tournament winners, or even tournament relevant. They either revolve around high risk medium rewards, requiring a larger amount of correct reads, or just not having enough tools going for them.

>b-but justin with ibuki
It's some mexican shit event, would have won it with gief
>b-but that one guy with alex
It's online shit, plus multiple credible people reported he was the laggiest player of the top bracket, ironically

And that's not even mentioning the input patch that still didn't come to PC, the alt tabbing issue, and the absolute zero relevant systems set up for ragequitters. In order to earn FM you've gotta play the one mode where 50% of the players RQ on you. Not even caring about ranks, it's simply not fucking fun to play.

Hilarious thing is, even if you get RQ-detected 20 times, you only get your points reset, not banned. So you just play for a day to get back to gold and have 2 weeks window to RQ all you want cause that's only when they check. Absolutely pathetic.

8F input lag is a probem because it's inconsistent between PC and PS4, despite having crossplay. Otherwise it's just forced offline to make SF online more authentic, like many other fighting games have been doing lately.

Overall, V is a disaster on almost every level.

Its slowly but surely coming out of early access.

I dont have a single issue playing online on steam.

She probably does, but nobody knows for certain yet.

I saw some really good Ibuki players during Topanga charity cup last week, but it was mostly them picking people by surprise with setups not seem before, and after a while they all lost.

Her biggest problem so far is that she requires many different setups to deal her damage, and she doesn't have the strength during neutral game to get to do those setups, all the while working with limited resources. And even if she does, other characters can do just as much with less work.

She is technical but at the same time, doesn't reward your efforts enough or so it seems.

I seriously don't know how people play this on ps4.

The loading times for a PC/PC match are so much faster.

Rashid deals zero damage.

He's right about needing tools.
You need to stop seeing a tournament in the 1v1 scenario.

Visualize a 5000 man bracket and all the random shit that can happen, including matchups, tendencies, and mashing.

Now have a dlc character climb that massive bracket. Then do it with Nash, Chun or Ryu. Run it a hundred times, and compare the statistics.

Regardless of the skill level, having more tools or damage will make you win more. That's just how it is. If every matchup is a struggle you're more likely to drop earlier.

>SF is the only big brand name normies recognize.
Thats MK, which btw has better sales than SF these days

>Instead of "just don't play street fighter this year, man", nobody played anything and the scene stagnated.
Because 90% of the other games are shit compared to what SF usually delivers. SF is the FGC, Ryu is the FGC. The sooner you accept it the better.

Also SFV is a good game, all modern games are implementing higher input lag like Tekken because it makes online the same experience as offline. Its a choice of design.

>but muh story mode and single player content
Fuck off scrub

>but muh censorship
Play the pc version

Capcom:
>we made SF V for people who feel like they're not good at fighting games

>they proceed to make every character have a steep learning curve with extremely intricate mechanics with the exception of Ryu.

Sure thing Capcom. Sure thing.

It is indeed simpler than past iterations. Maybe you just need to get better at the game.

He has st.lk, cr.mp and fwr.mk. st.lk being a 3f move, that pretty much never trades.

I don't see anything wrong with Rashid's AAs, you can even get good damage from juggles if you time your HK right and crush counters people in the air.

But yes, his biggest drawback is that his damage is ass 90% of the time.

I fucking hate this game so much. I CANNOT stop raging. FUCK.

Unless literal exploits or unique OSes are found, Ibuki is confirmed to be shit, there is no other answer

>those 6 kunai limit
>that 2 seconds kunai reload animation that doesn't net you one if you get hit on the last frame
>that mediocre damage for low health
>that 1 inch range st.mp being the only valid neutral tool
>those nonexistant kunai jump-in setups

this guy is an idiot and a sambo but I find him endlessly entertaining for some reason

Good. Fuck waifufags. They're the reason we had a slot wasted for a lame character.

>All these antiairs with no damage
Having the button isn't enough, you need to have something to offset the reward for jumping in and landing something.

> you can even get good damage from juggles if you time your HK right and crush counters people in the air.
This is not actually a good anti-air and it's too situational.

8f input lag is only inconsistent between PC and PS4 if you turn off v sync which PC players can do at the risk of screen tearing.

Also considering tournies run on PS4 these people would get bodied in tournaments.

>JUSTIN WITH IBUKI
Damn son that reading comprehension. Did you notice how I said Ibuki was shit?

As far as the other DLC characters are concerned give it a little time and wait for people to put in more work and I think you'll see some more results. As far as this game is concerned though the only tournament viable characters at this point are Nash, Ken, Chun, Vega, Ryu, Karin, Cammy, and Necalli.

Rashid and F.A.N.G. have still not won a premier event

Zangief is Zangief

The only notable Dhalsim player is Fchamp and he's still getting bodied

Laura is garbage

M Bison has one Premier win and it seems more like a fluke than anything. Congrats to Phenom for putting in the work on a shit version of Bison.

Mika, despite the work Fuudo has put in with her, is not a good character. She relies off a couple gimmicks and people not knowing the matchup. Fuudo is a god tier player and the only Mika player worth a damn.

Birdie is kind of a sleeper at this point. He has potential but his matchups against some of the best characters are not good so you probably wont see a lot of succesful Birdies.

>%50 of players ragequit
[citation needed]
>alt tabbing
an issue that definitely still needs addressing and should have been addressed before.

>"the game is now easy to just pick up and play"
>chun-li BnB abuses the new charge buffer and involves tricking the engine with pre-emptive, illogical input order
Fire Combofiend
Report Combofiend
Kill Combofiend

source on thicc

>Laura is garbage
YOU'RE GARBAGE

Can someone explain the use of her kunai jump-in in V? It doesn't seem to be anywhere near as effective as in IV and almost always unsafe, even with the timing on their wakeup.

Where do Alex and Guile sit in the tourney scene?
I heard people say Guile is high-tier but nobody plays him, and that Alex is pretty slept on.

Guile is mid tier and loses to Nash.

Alex is bottom three. Some people are saying he's better but nobody has proven it yet.

I feel alex is slept on pretty hard to be honest. There are a couple people who play him as a pocket character but not a whole lot of people who main him. I think by Canada Cup there will be some strong Alex showings and if not then then next year for sure.

The only person I've seen put in work with Guile right now is Chris G and it's really starting to show. This iteration of Guile is almost perfect for Chris G and while he's still getting bopped kind of early at tournies I expect he'll start to make some turn arounds here soon too.

There's probably a frame-perfect jump-height and distance in which you can actually use it to pressure while being safe. It's retardedly clumsy.

>guile
Why play Nash without the charge limitation and half the tools, if you can just use Nash?
>Alex
Can get rounds off to stun build-up but it's never going to win a tournament ever. Too unreliable.

My sisters bedroom

I hate how hard to get into fighting games are. Looks like I'll never be a good player because I didn't spend much time into them as a kid.

I should have included in that while I feel Guile has potential it's only if used by certain players. Like I stated with Mika she's not a good character but Fuudo has been using her extremely well. For most people though why play Guile when Nash is not only better defensively but he's more mobile?

I think the people who are willing to put the work in with these characters will make them work somehow but I don't expect to see 5 guiles or 5 alex in top 8 any time soon. Similar to when Gamerbee played Adon.

If you're looking at getting into fighting games either pick up Guilty Gear or SFV right now and start playing them. They both have very open communities that are willing to help new players and both games are pretty quick to pick up and learn to play.

I've been playing since launch and I'm still so bad

Me too

Cannot play anyone but Chun-Li her thighs are so addictive to look at

step 1
find someone around your skill level with a serious drive to outplay you

step 2
play with that person a lot

step 3
try to stay better than that person

literally the only way to get good at fighting games quickly

fwr.mk also juggles, which leads to ok damage, but the timing is a little more strict.

Still better than Vega's AAs, and he is considered a high tier character.

I think we might start seeing some Rashid players taking the big stage at some point, Gachikun from Japan is extremely good and pretty much carried his team together with StormKubo (Alex) to the grand finals of Topanga cup.

I firmly believe that his shit damage is his only major weakness.

I was playing Laura and almost always had a boner. I'm playing Juri now but she's just so hard to use.

Half a year isn't long. If you stick with fighting games, you will realise: it's a lifestyle.

orig03.deviantart.net/8905/f/2016/200/3/8/chunli_sparring_costume_conversions_by_brutalace-daanje3.jpg

I have one friend that plays with me and is around my skill level
He plays Nash and I play Chun-Li.

Only gripe is we're both adults with houses and shit and we're not always free at the same time so we play together at my place like once a week. I hate playing online because most people counter my shit easily and Ken/Ryu users are cheap as all fucks

>He plays Nash and I play Chun-Li.
fukin tryhard tierwhores

>visible nipples
There's only two people I know who play. One is a little worse than me and gives up easily, the other is a little better than me and always talks shit and beats me barely.

I need to find some new people. Maybe at a local or something.

Say something nice about Ibuki.

We don't even give a shit about tryharding were just 2 guys playing a fighting game around a cold beer

When's the last time you did that?

Her Strider swimsuit costume is good.

if ya'll are west coast i'm pretty shit and could use some pals that play every once in a while

god no, they ruined her

She's not as bad as Zangief
(LMAOOOOO)

>cheap
>plays Chun Li

remember to have fun and play to learn what works and what doesn't instead of playing to win.

if your genuinely having fun you will get better over time.

I'm East side Canada tabarnack

Just came back from a month in California

Fucking tarantulas man

Sorry man, I'm East coast.

>I hate playing online because most people counter my shit easily and Ken/Ryu users are cheap as all fucks
>Cheap
You'll never be good, just stop trying and just enjoy the game before you quit.

Gief main here, can confirm

Chun li isnt nearly as cheap as ken

Super plat reporting in. If anyone wants to practice against someone actually decent then hit me up.

CFN: Grimrest

>anything below super diamond
>decent
pls

Have you done any research? If you can pull of the combos that's good but that's only one part of the equation. Do some research into the fundamentals of fighting games and while you're at it watch some high level chun li players. Watch some footage of MOV then watch your own games to find out where you could improve as well.

You can drop combos all day and still beat your opponent if your understanding of fundamentals is better than there's.

>He isn't a warlord.

Why even play if you can't even get the basics?

>havent played since March
>log on
>play online
>Ryu, Nash, Necalli, and Ken are still UNGA
>everyone still mashes jab on wakeup
>All DLC characters are mid-tier at best
>everyone is rushdown, even Sim

THIS IS OUR JIVE

>Everyone mashes jab on wakeup
Cool free easy damage being handed out to you user, why aren't you taking advantage of it?

Sorry, I don't even talk with anyone below Spacetime Conqueror. Take your entry level titles back to topanga.

Because I mistime my meaties :(

Who Birdie here?

I stopped playing but when I start again I'm switching to Mika

marn is always right