Is this a fucking joke? really...?

is this a fucking joke? really...?

goddamn this was awful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AIKMakXYG34
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this your first encounter with heavily shilled western "small developer" games? Now go play Inside, SOMA, No Man's Sky, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, ABZU etc.

its not. but this just passes all borders

so ive spent 3 hours on this garbage. could anyone tell me what was all this about? i mean story...

at least soma had some real (if shitty) gameplay

someone you didn't know is dead and you are supposed to feel sad about it.

are you dumb? dead kid's dad (the guy whodunit) literally spells it all out on a record

all the resources went into the amazing voiceacting

SOMA is made by people who publicly proclaim that gameplay is a nuisance that needs not to stand in the way of experience.

this desu

i would have actually paid for it if it was like 15+ hours of fucking around in the woods and having chats with my supervisor

i don't care what they say, it still had gameplay, same with all their previous games like amnesia, penumbra, etc.

How to spot a pretentious shit writer tip #2184;

"What if... the ending was purposefully really underwhelming? WOOOOOAAAAAHHH 11/10"

this game had so much potential but threw it all in the trash right at the end
I didn't pay for it but I still felt like I was ripped off when I finished it

Amnesia also removed monsters if you couldn't get past them. And had braindead puzzles.

I pirated it. It was fun enough for a while but way to short to be worth the price tag.

Cop out at the end was fucking lame tho.

and soma doesn't, so what?

>Anita Sarkeesian
>Buying and playing a game by nu-male cucks that let Anita design their game

SOMA barely has gameplay, it's a walking sim with a few monsters thrown in.

They're only scary until you get hit by one. Then, you realise that they're more like the game holding up paper thin barriers that you can LITERALLY JUST WALK THROUGH. Any enemy encounter in the game, if you're finding it a hassle, you can literally just give them a hug and they'll teleport away so you're free to keep going. It trivialised the entire game, which didn't have anything interesting to say anyway. To think that the people who made Penumbra made this turd is actively insulting.

Plus, the game doesn't have a single puzzle. The few items you pick up are single use bullshit with only one possible application.

yet it had more than firewatch

And? Bird shit is less offensive than cat shit, but I don't want to eat either of them.

life must be very easy for you i guess. you bluntfuck

chill, aspie

I enjoyed Vanishing.

It was pretty okay. Had some fun puzzles. Ultimately, like all walking simulators, it was shallow as fuck. But, I enjoyed the stroll.

I really liked it, for the most part. Shooting the shit with Delilah while walking through beautiful backcountry was pleasant.

I wish the ending wasn't so anticlimactic, though. It feels like the game is building up to a lot, and then it just deflates completely.

You now remember the countless threads about this game in february,god damn time flies

hey pleb, how's it going?
patching lol i assume

Ending was so fucking shit
The game got really spooky at one point after the guy knocked Henry out I kept turning behind me

I Know right, i managed to get à refund. Lol

Ending was shit desu it threw all of it's Twin Peaks misterious charm away for a copout

This, wasn't expecting it to take that turn.

I couldn't agree whit you more

I liked it. Not worth my money though. Its pretty much a walking simulator with a really neat art direction and a interesting plot at first that turns into shit.

Played to completion and still got my refund.

What a fucking turd, no wonder everyone hated it.

I enjoyed Firewatch until the last hour or so, everything from the body discovery onwards felt too rushed.

From the pre-release trailers I thought there would be more of the mundane firewatcher tasks to complete while a mysterious story in the vein of Twin Peaks would unwravel around you.

>walking simulator
>has puzzles

>Games building up to something
>Is it the gumment? is it aliens? is it a psycho?
>fucking on the edge of my seat
>look at scrap of paper
>all the hype is dead and now I have to spend the same amount of time walking to a helicopter as I did walking everywhere else.
Walking simulators should be banned.

Literally made by nu-male cucks
youtube.com/watch?v=AIKMakXYG34

>nu-male cucks
all three of those words have lost all the little meaning they had and deserve to be filtered more than "senpai" or "imo"

This, holy shit.

The game's story is engaging as fuck until you realize what actually happened. If that's what they were going for, they should have just scrapped the whole thing and made it a pure SoL about your summer as a fire lookout.

Ending would have been just as anticlimactic, but at least there wouldn't have been as much disappointment.

Firewatch is garbage. I do want to replay Shadow of Destiny though,

>girls get their tents destroyed and shit
>start thinking about a murderer in the woods or some dangerous bear or shit
>LMAO GIRLS ARE FINE DONT THINK ABOUT IT LAD

>literally like 3 animals total
>storyline that basically goes "nothing interesting was actually happening lmao fuck off"

It just failed to capitalize on the atmosphere that was good and on the mystery part. And the main "villain" was a total retard. He could have just buried the kid so you wouldn't even find him but instead he kept sperging out in the woods like a retard.

They never had any meaning. They were always bullshit filler words used exclusively by newfags.

Ethan Carter is the only good one of the bunch

too deep for you

Hyperlight Drifter was alright and credited both Anita and Phil Fish

also Necrodancer.

HLD would be a great game were it not for shit gameplay, graphics and performance. Also getting extra items was like someone played Metroid and Zelda and did not understand what made their challenges good.

It had a great set-up. It would have been awesome if some kind of eldritch monstrosity turned it into the Lovecraftian story I was expecting. Kind of just deflated into nothing near the end, though.

Ethan Carter and Inside were great, though.