Why do people hate him again?

why do people hate him again?

>created major digital distribution for games
>created the most innovative and feature-filled gaming platform
>connected the living room to PC gaming
>created the best FPS ever
>Created the best MP FPS

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.sg/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrbT1seykk&ved=0ahUKEwi29sz2lbnOAhWJL48KHY2KD1wQtwIIIzAD&usg=AFQjCNH65EpAQU8_ott4wxtZW7tyuP1-fQ&sig2=B2BkltTpmPEQzju0JvjiyQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying people hate him

He's the reason we don't have big box PC games anymore and every physical release is just a plastic box with a CD-Key leaflet inside.

>proceeded to destroy the best MP FPS
>proceeded to destroy the (once) best assfaggots as well

I don't know OP, you tell me.

>Jew that sells out and makes hats instead of HL3
False idols fall

No one actually hates him, Sup Forums just acts contrarian because normies like him too.

I'm not down with gambling, in TF2 or CS:GO

I think he's a slimeball for that

made drm popular

love when people cry about all sorts of drm (origin uplay) but are okay with steam

>Why do people hate him?
>Why do people hate him?

>tried to monetize modding
>makes you agree to the fact that you only rent games from them

>created
>created
>connected
>created
>created
see, those are all in the past now. valve doesn't make games anymore and gabe just makes money for taking a shit nowadays

>caring about physical release
ok gramps.
do you really hate the environment that much that you need to use a box and a disk?

he created the fucking f2p hat economy bullshit and pushed it so far it's a billion dollar industry

You can't do everything right all the time, and sometimes doing not so cool things.
Unless you single handedly save video games while giving everybody a happy ending on the side people will always hate him

Who gives a shit, most games nowadays would have to be on multiple discs

>people actually think Half Life is a good FPS game

Other than that, Gabe Newell tried to entrap a minor for taking a peek at Valve's precious source code, worked as an FBI informant, made PC market revolve around proprietary malware and along with Activision Blizzard peddles gambling to children while proving that video games can indeed be harmful.

European Union stepped at one of Valve's heads by enforcing refunds, I wonder if someone will be bold enough to try and press criminal charges against him as a person and Valve as a company.

I don't give a fuck about HL3 because 2 didnt start right after immediate 1 instead its located in eastern europe and like many years later, also no opposing force continuation. So fuck HL series as a whole.

Second, he started his steaming pile of shit on CSCZ and there he wanted to bring PC gaming down to its knees and dominate the free market by installing gommunism into the games via DRM/online controlled ala apple store god Steve Jobs.

Well, if you liked him, you're a gommunist, user.

google.com.sg/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrbT1seykk&ved=0ahUKEwi29sz2lbnOAhWJL48KHY2KD1wQtwIIIzAD&usg=AFQjCNH65EpAQU8_ott4wxtZW7tyuP1-fQ&sig2=B2BkltTpmPEQzju0JvjiyQ
I think he's sick bros

dunno about you, but I buy games for the actual game, I dont give a fuck if they come in pile of shit or some cool box

fucking autist

Activision Blizzard does gambling?
Keep in mind Overwatch skins cannot be traded in any way.

Nah he's just obese as always

>created one good game HL2
>other games besides HL1 spawned most obnoxious fanbases ever
>created distribution service far worse than Origin but people love it because it's popular
>wanted to implement paid mods
>runs gambling and scam spiel with skins and hats

Explain how Half Life isn't a good FPS.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

He's a fat fuck who hasn't done anything positive in like a decade now

good. and honestly, if it wasn't him, it would've been someone else. digital games are not an idea that he himself thought of, but something that dates back to the early 90s, if not 80s.

the majority of consumers want convenience. the minority are the ones still buying physical releases. this doesn't mean their way of doing things is wrong; just outdated.

the one huge flaw I could criticism him on, which is one i'm not even sure is entirely his fault, his steam's inability to keep publishers like EA and Ubisoft. whatever took place years ago gave birth to shit like uplay and origin. I'm not saying gabe is at fault, but I do wonder if money is the ultimate reason for why we're now forced to install 3 separate clients, or if it's something else behind the scenes we're not being told.

>makes you agree to the fact that you only rent games from them
Games have pretty much always done this though. Have you ever READ a licensing agreement?

Because it's popular and not japanese so Sup Forums has to hate it.

Keep sucking his tiny cock, faggot.

keep collecting fucking useless plastic in your shelves autistic manchild

Not him but:
HL1
-bad squaky boots that slides even after you stop
-shitty sound quality and effects even for its time, for ffs quake 2 was like so many years ago and its better
-expansions are better in everyway, it wasnt even made by vulva

HL2
-only good thing was the havoc physics implementation but wasnt as shown as E3 tech demo, gabe a lying fuck
-didnt continued right off the first and skipped the fuck right out to eastern europe
-story is a shit mess about how the combine existed and what happened to the other xenlings.

HL2EP1
-Shit was a cliffhanger bait, nuff said

HL2EP2
-Oh yeah, again trying to showcase shitty physics that other games been overdone
-Aperture science ? seriously ? that meme game is related because valve bought them in and now its relevant ?

HL3
-It killed itself.

I'd rather have gabe than ea, ubisoft or MS running the shots.

DEALWITHIT.JPG

Fuck DRM. I wish GOG was the king.

Hahahahahaha is this a joke?

Except, you dumb faggot, before they really had no way of enforcing it. It's not like they could magically know if you were doing something wrong, break down your door, and take it.

Steam can enforce it.

OpFor was shit. Don't kid yourself.

steam isnt DRM retard. any developer can put their game on steam and not require steam.

So you're mad at them, because they made you comply with the shit you legally agreed to?

Don't agree to shit if you have no intention of backing it up.

>steam a game company

They're more like the distributors now, i rather have an independent company doing the distribution that doesnt involves all kinds of DRM that prevents me to play my games when it tries to update even after i cancelled it or requires a scheduled online check after being too long offline.

There's more of that, i just rather save my fingers.

Nice bait mate.

Shut up fat gabe.
>OpFor was shit
Nah, you're too stupid to enjoy it, i bet you enjoyed the fuck outta portal and its meme games.

He fired Yames, that fat fuck

I don't really hate him, but it sucks that he promised so much for the HL series and then backed off after figuring out that they've transformed from game makers to businessmen with one of the best monopolies (Steam) to date.

Thats baiting ? i wasn't even trying.

Try and take my physical copy out of my hands
Now compare that to Valve removing a game from your account on their whim alone.

Except you're wrong on that count too. You're not 'renting' a disc from a company. You own that copy and only that copy but you can install it whenever you want, on as many computers as you want without going through any other service.

You're agreeing to something entirely different with steam, you only own that copy as long as you play it through an account and recheck you own it. You don't have to send in mailed proof to a company that you own a disc every few hours.

Because he and Valve became complacent

>doesn't understand that you never actually own a digital game

>tie it to a bloated buggy always on DRM malware
>proceed to charge full retail price for some download bandwidth and a record in a database
>ignores currency exchange rates

And since he was first, it became the industry standard. If anything, he fucked PC gaming and digital downloads to console levels of cuckoldry with his greed.

>steam
>log in once
>can play a game forever without internet connection

>origin
>log in to play a singleplayer game or eat shit

wew

GOG's user agreement is the same thing. its just an .exe and you can technically do what you want with it

It's about the mechanics that push the vulnerable towards buying keys and card decks. It's clear that those are gambling mechanics and that the game is designed to revolve around them. Blizzard could have seen that with Diablo 2 but it took Valve to show them how it's done.

Half Life introduced scripted exposition that were somehow praised as revolutionary - like arriving to "work" in a tram and not being able to fucking do anything for the first 10 minutes, just look at the scenery while being ridden on rails. It got a lot of praise for its "mature" approach to video games that spent way too much time giving you targets to shoot at and you know, gameplay. Then there were riding sections, underwhelming endgames (getting fully functional gravity gun just to make the final sequence easy), shoddy driving, turret sections, mind numbing "chosen one" plot, more scripted expositions that you can't skip and can only wait for the character to finish walking beside you, piss poor gunplay, near-zero map verticality, Source engine which is the bane of good FPS games and nearly ruined Divine Cybermancy due to its shittiness... but it's not a crime to develop bad games. Peddling gambling to minors is, however.

Steam has come to symbolize in my mind everything wrong in the post-Minecraft industry, especially in the indie scene.
Plus, Valve-worship was really fucking dumb.

>There's another race of aliens which are EVEN MORE DANGEROUSER THAN THE OTHER ONES!
>Also the marines are secretly good guys and the assassins are trying to kill them too for some fucking reason?
>Enjoyed playing as something other than a typical grunt in Half Life? Well now you get to play as a typical grunt!
>Shephard, get it!? SHEPHARD!? :D
>Hope you enjoyed that low G boss battle with teleporters, in this game you just shoot the boss until it dies!

OpFor was a retarded abortion of a game and you should feel bad for supporting Gearbox.

Seriously. Flip flops and a polo shirt...

>buy game on steam
>copy to DVD

Now they can't delete your stuff, was that so hard?

Post this on Reddit. You gonna have fun reading comments >.

So the answer is, yes, you only hate them because they are enforcing the shit YOU agreed to.

Valve really is the Apple of video games.

It doesn't work like that. Have you tried to launch a steam game without steam? It won't open without it.

>Overwatch is the only Blizzard game

Just end it, OW fanbois

Can you really blame him? He found a way to make way more money than creating video games ever could. As a businessman it simply makes more sense to invest it all into steam (and hats/boxes).

Yeah it sucks, but it's been what, 10 years? Get the fuck over it.

Uh, have fun trying to launch it if it's not on the incredibly small list of games that work without steam.

This is fucking neo-Sup Forums in action.

>Created the best MP FPS

You best not be talking about CS because
1. he didn't create it
2. it's not the best

Valve did nothing to stop the CS:GO gambling shit despite that being bluntly illegal. They only stepped up once their asses were at risk.

Valve's Greenlight is a fucking joke and they still won't put in the effort to use some actual quality control.

The refund shit is nice but that came pretty fucking late in the game. They're assholes and while I use their product it's literally only because the only other digital platform out there worth a damn is GOG.

CRACKS
R
A
C
K
S

>feel bad for supporting Gearbox.
Post 2005 gearbox is cancer, but you, you are literally the cancer in the every game.

Why should they be responsible for stopping it? If people want to gamble then who cares.

But you're right about Greenlight.

Name a Blizzard game with gambling
keep in mind nothing in Hearthstone can be traded

>Literally has nothing to say in defense of OpFor
I rest my case.

Then you're not buying it from steam. Steam gives you a license to play games, not the actual game. Part of the reason why you can't copy and paste the games.

Not to be picky, But the living room was always connected to PC gaming. Just console fags are so fucking stupid they are incapable of it.

>people want to gamble then who cares
minors are not allowed to do it by law

>CRACKS
>R
>A
>C
>K
>S

might as well pirate, fag.
Last checked the pirates are having hard time holding the light of cracking games, which is sad.

Reddit ? Fuck that place, created account in 30 minutes, i delete my account right after that because everyone is so blue pilled on everything.

You might as well just pirate it at that point, retard.

Other than asking your date of birth, they have no way of verifying who is behind the computer.

And they already do that.

>Literally has nothing to say in defense of OpFor
>I rest my case.

What else do i have to say ? you're already too autistic to enjoy the game, maybe you're just a kid who recently got into gaming because your dad bought you a shitty OEM build PC.

And how is it Valve's job to uphold that? As long as they aren't actually providing the means for gambling then why is it their problem? Are you going to blame Valve for every murder on the streets as well because they did nothing to stop it?

And? It's not like valve are their fucking parents. Are you one of the retarded soccermoms who tried to sue valve because they didn't do what the parents should have, and forbade their dumbass kids from gambling?

Name one instance where you have been personally affected by that.
This is true autism.

>ruined PC gaming forever
>stopped creating games
>steam guard
>micro-transactions on their own games
>almost killed an established modding community for shekels
>DRM out the ass
>region locking steam accounts
>have not worked released a game since portal 2 in 2012

the list goes on.

When the street belongs to them, hell yeah.
What ? you too fucking dumb to understand basic logic now ?

Most of the weapons are garbage

Is that why PC game prices for AAA games have dropped nearly 30%? Thank fucking god.

>what else do I have to say
I dont know, how about even a single point in defense of the game that you are getting so buttblasted over? How about we start with that?

Because it seems like you only enjoy the game because others told you to.

PAID MODS
A
I
D

M
O
D
S

Ultimate jew. PLEASE FUCKING DIE IN A HEART ATTACK ALREADY FAGGOT!!!

World of Warcraft is one of the most popular PC games of all time, and not a single person owns their account, regardless if they own the box or not.

Consumers don't care.

>Is that why PC game prices for AAA games have dropped nearly 30%? Thank fucking god.

And thats the reason why AAA games quality is fucking down the drain these days ! Praise Gaben !

The gambling service was provided by a third party wasn't it? I don't know too much bout the whole fiasco but if it is that way then in what way is Valve responsible?

Quality has gone up. Try playing a 2000ish game. It's not all roses and gardens.

List one csgo gambling site that belonged to valve.
You're not too bright when it comes to metaphors, are you?

Most of your arguments show us that you haven't even played the game.

>There's another race of aliens which are EVEN MORE DANGEROUSER THAN THE OTHER ONES!

More aliens in a sci-fi shooter is... bad?

>Also the marines are secretly good guys and the assassins are trying to kill them too for some fucking reason?

The Black Ops are there to clean EVERYONE, including the marines. You'd know this if you'd played the game.

>Enjoyed playing as something other than a typical grunt in Half Life? Well now you get to play as a typical grunt!

It's called Opposing Force for a reason.

>Shephard, get it!? SHEPHARD!? :D

You hate a... name?

>Hope you enjoyed that low G boss battle with teleporters, in this game you just shoot the boss until it dies!

Completely wrong. First you shoot it's eyes and then you attack it's stomach. You'd know this if you played the game.

Your arguments are fucking stupid and either pointless or wrong.

stopped making games
started polishing knives 24/7/365 instead

>Because it seems like you only enjoy the game because others told you to.

No one told me to enjoy, i pirated the game nearly a decade + ago, shit was tons better than the original. More weapons, better pacing, faster enemies.

Yes i pirated it, i praise it. I am not buttblasted.

Wanna talk shit about pre 2005 gearbox ? you can't because they made few of the best games of the time. Go wiki or whatever google for citations.

They're not and never were. People are just being retarded about the entire fiasco.
For some reason they expect valve to do a full FBI style investigation into every customer to make sure you're not doing anything illegal on your own websites.

>region locking steam accounts
What?

He's videogames' Hitler:
>made everything awesome for a time
>then lived long enough to become the villain and fucking ruined everything because of dumb decisions

how can you hate someone who is literally made of gold?

So they sent marines in to kill everyone, and then twenty minutes later they're like "oh shit, better send someone to kill the marines too"

It made more sense when Valve did it and it appeared as though the marines and black ops were working together.

As for the boss, you shoot one part of it, then you shoot another part of it, so basically, you shoot it until it dies?