Should I get SFV or Overwatch?

Should I get SFV or Overwatch?

Overwatch

SFV

If you're into fighting games at all get SFV.
Otherwise get OW, but only if you have friends to play with, and I meant at least 2.

Also don't ask these questions on Sup Forums, this thread is about to devolve into shitposting.

either way you'll be set on thick chinese thighs
I can see why you're having such a dilemma

you should get check out this 4

You should just stick to anime desu.

well, Overwatch has Pharah, so get Overwatch

S2 WHEN

They are both pretty shit and unfinished at the moment. So go with Overwatch.

Please explain, how is either of them unfinished?

Maybe you'll have this next time

Hold on, lemme Google.

None of them have Makoto so buy neither.

By playing the game.

neither. work on your backlog.
don't buy unfinished games or they're keep making them that way.

Overwatch has good fluff but shitty core gameplay

SFV has decent core and shit fluff

If I get a 5 you have to get SFV, If I get a 1 you have to get overwatch

These are the best answers so far

>
pls

Overwatch. Easiest choice ever. SFV is an insult to Streetfighter itself and an even larger insult to fighting games:

> Systematic assassination of all charge characters. Vega gets his moveset turned into a shoto-character.
> Continued implementation of mechanics that reward players for being bad.
> A gutted and absent feature set.
> No fucking Arcade mode.

Get Overwatch. It's the vastly superior choice in spite of the glaring balance issues.

> Systematic assassination of all charge characters
>Bison
>Guile
>Alex
>Balrog
>Urien

>Vega gets his moveset turned into a shoto-character.

What
WHAT
W H A T
W H A T

I have SFV and love it, but pick Overwatch.

Unless you like fighting games and is willing to get good at them, but you have to really like fighting games, and I mean really, then you pick SFV

I would disagree by saying that SFV is really accessible, three of my friends who could never get into 4 are really into V.

Yeah. Oh and remember Psycho Crusher? One of the more iconic moves from M. Bison? Yeah. That's fucking gone except maybe an ultra move?

Overwatch easily in this case, but the best option is to get a good fighting game

Yeah, they changed everyone's moveset, but I don't see how that relates to the "Systematic assassination of all charge characters"

Such as?
I'm giggling already.

shills put this much effort into peddling their shitty tf2 clone

they have anime characters saved on their work computers

they are this familiar with their spam victims

Kof XIV

Do you want a half-competent game that people actually play or do you want a travesty of game design?

I mean at the end of the day it will really depend on whether or not you have friends to play with.

If you're looking for a game to put a lot of time into, I'd recommend SFV. Learning all the different tech, foundations, etc. is fun as hell, but you have to he patient and stick with it. Just keep in mind it doesn't have Arcade Mode if you're one of those faggots who actually cares about that.
Overwatch is a good pick-up-and-play FPS. The characters are really enjoyable and fun to play, but don't expect a lot of depth or content (10 maps, 11 if you count Lucioball).

My personal suggestion would be SFV, just because I've been playing exclusively that for about 3 weeks straight, and it's been a staple of my gaming since February.

How is Vega supposed to be a shoto?
He doesn't have a fireball, dp, tatsu, or anything resembling Ryu's move set

>should I get a dumbed down fighter or a dumbed down fps
I dunno

SF 5 if you want a game that actually challenges you.
Overwatch if you want a casual shooter

Well, just a crazy idea, but if something works for the last ten times, you would like to leave it alone. I'm not even much of a fighting games player to begin with but to scramble the moveset so radically and have everyone play so fucking samey and overall sluggish.

SFV at least has some semblance of skill involved so i'd go with that

overwatch will dull your mind and body even if you have fun with it

SFV if you want to git gud

Overwatch if you want a Skinner box

Both are pretty shit but Overwatch is less shit.

If u enjoy Fighting games, overwatch
If u enjoy shooters, overwatch
If you enjoy shit, overwatch

How? Because it's casual ass shit? Overwatch is made for dumb fucks.

OP here, I've really gotten into fighting games the past year especially KoF 2k2 UM and getting peer pressured into MK9/X[,/spoiler] so not liking fighting games isn't a problem.

>changing charge to QCFs means he's shoto
I'm sure you think Bison is identical to Guile because he has charge.

But user, Juri is Korean :^)

Then get SFV. Easy choice.

I would, but no PS4. Although I did convince a friend to buy it. He even got the collector's edition.

>MK9/X
They're a very different breed of fighting game. If you have a PC, download a cracked version of MKX first. If you have a PS4, go to Redbox and rent it for a day or something. It's not for everyone.

Overwatch is getting patched almost every week because blizzard is too dumb to actually balance properly their characters, as some user said is a fun game if you have friends to play with, otherwise it can get boring very quick, the competitive mode is shit but I'll personally stick to overwatch because I don't like fighting games

He obviously never actually played sf and just spouting bullshit

I'm not trying to offend, but it's obvious you're not quite the fighting game player.

no one will have a good enough answer for you.
if you want more tf2 to slowly come back or love the payload/king of hill games, buy overwatch.
if you want to fish for crush counters or do bnbs off of light attacks, buy sf5.
there's way more to expand on but you're going to have to make the decision. they're both mediocre and if you have friends to play with you'll get something out of it. both need balance and both are releasing features you'd imagine would be on release

>bnbs off of light attacks
>SFV

Why do I keep browsing this place?

Get Xrd. Don't get OW unless you have competent friends to play with.

>implying those don't exist
I think you need to educate yourself.

I'm really not. Still, changing up the movesets for no discernable reason other than to "get casuals" is never a good idea.

No PS4 senpai.

>SFV
>Overwatch
>anime
Just quit being such a normie.

want me to stick in the medium button?
Ok. Press that to be safe or diminish the amount they can punish you.
If you don't have light bnbs built into your character then you're fishing for crush counters half the time. But if you're not playing mika or nash then what the hell.

Do you think you can save face after spouting such retarded bullshit? Anyone with some Street Fighter experience could tell you light confirms into good damage are mostly gone, save for Chun and maybe Cammy, and that most bnbs come from mediums. Get out of this fucking thread, holy shit.

Give me five examples

>mediums are safer than lights

>Normie
>Even considering buying SFV

They changed it for the better, really. Bison is a much more fun and interesting character now.

alpha games never had p.crusher for bison
sfv started as alpha 4

Then I would wait for KOFXIV.

SFV is a fucking travesty of a fighting game if you like to play any other style than 'HUUURRR RUSH DOWN FRAME TRAP"

And Capcom is somehow more jewy than Blizzard with these "premium" costumes

Damage doesn't matter. There will be times where you will need to use light buttons. Would you rather mash jab, or use an optimized combo off of a short? Go watch Tokido do it with Ryu literally all the time.

I've been using Juri a lot lately and she can also get some decent stuff off of her lp and lk (despite the fact that she kind of struggles as a character overall). Laura also gets meaningful damage off of light buttons and she's not even THAT combo heavy of a character.

You can keep going but you're not fooling anyone. I don't know what else to tell you, man.

lp vt xx combo (all chars)
lp lk xx tatsu ryu
lp mp bmp xx tatsu ken
lp lk xx lariat zangief
lp mp lk xx scythe nash
lp st mp xx passion press mika

I meant

>KOFXIV
gross

Then I'm not sure what to suggest. I'd honestly not get either of them. SFV wil probably die much faster than OW though, it is the worst selling mainline SF game to date.

>playing fighters for the graphics

Even Skullgirls is a better fighting game than SFV.

What are you talking about? Nothing I said was wrong. I don't claim to be super knowledgeable about fighting games or anything, but there's obvious purpose in using lights.

In Tokido's match against Infil at CEO 2016 you can see him doing stuff like cr lk, cr mp xx lk tatsu for quick corner carries and stuff.

>mahvel style tods: the game
thats also gross

SFV has had a consistent player base for some months now judging by steamcharts.

Isnt Revelator getting a port soon? that is the best I got.

>cr mp
sorry, I meant cr lp

They patched ToD combos ages ago if I recall, Skullgirls now is not the same game it was on release.

And again it makes a better fighting game than SFV, it actually has a USEFUL tutorial mode and caters to different fighting styles. Even fucking Ryu is a rushdown character in SFV.

Can't forget about lk lk xx bolt charge (Laura) and its lp equivalent. One of her most useful combos actually.

>there's obvious purpose in using lights

Obviously, I never said otherwise. Lights are mostly for mashing out of pressure and punishing slightly unsafe moves.

In SFV, mediums and heavies have a very strong presence and most decent damage comes from mediums.

What Tokido does is not Ryu's bnb. Ryu's bnb combo is MP, HP, HK with some variance.

If you care about player base numbers, it has nowhere near the player-base of OW. OW would probably last much longer in that regard.

But I mean either you want a super casual shooter or a super casual homogenized fighting game.

>SFV
homogenizes the entire cast and makes every fight extremely
>Xrd R
guts the entire cast back to pre x2#r levels of simplicity, casulizes game by removing FRC in favor of YRC (remove the risk from everything and cause a slow effect on your opponent, danger zone which causes absurd damage increase during the time alotted and comeback mechanic hellfire
>kofxiv
disgustingly ugly game, indie trash looks better 90's 2d looks better than this shit, hell even maximum impact looks better than xiv
>T7:R
Supers added and rage still in the game

fighters not looking so great in the current year

>If you care about player base numbers,
Then neither game is going to be a trouble for the foreseeable future. SFV despite not selling millions still has its dedicated core playing it. And they'll continue play it since it's SF and they spent 20 years now playing that series.

7 virginias

>people advocating not getting KOFXIV because of how it looks despite everyone who plays it says it's great

This is the kind of people you share a board with.

Post CFN

he's talking about chun-li you retard

brickSWE

>changing up the movesets for no discernable reason other than to "get casuals" is never a good idea.

This happens all the time man. I don't even see what the issue here is

it could be the greatest game ever mad but if it looks like shit and offputting why would i force myself to play it? Presentation matters, if snk doesnt care for how they look, why should i care about how it plays.

it looks like indie trash

No shit, as per why the meme face is there. Its a joke, user, calm down

SFV is just boring to play OP. The vast majority of characters have basically the same gameplan and playstyle save maybe Nash since he is somewhat flexible as he can actually zone with fireballs.

Honestly if you want to play a fighting game get Fightcade and get ST and 3S. Free and both games are more worth your time.

I said that because people love picking games up, and because they don't even try to understand the game, they start shitting on them, and I hold fighting games very dear.

Since Overwatch is a fun game and easier to get into, I will always recommend it before SFV, even if it hurts to say.

SFV

SFV IS SO BORING

EVERYONE PLAYS THE EXACT SAME
MINDLESS FUCKING RUSH DOWN

WHERES MY FOOTSIES
ITS CLEARLY NOT IN THIS GAME

>Ryu's BNB is his target combo that cancels into almost nothing
I don't play Ryu, but if anything, it's a couple of linked st.MPs or cr.MPs into Tatsu or Shoryuken