Do you savescumm, Sup Forums?

Do you savescumm, Sup Forums?
[Spoiler]I do[/Spoiler]

Just use ctrl+s, you fucking retard

>PC casual race
>Not cheating at every chance they get

I try not to. I very rarely do though, but sometimes if it's some kind of rng bs I just save scum.

I do however chronically save and then never load back.

Story stuff, yes.

Gameplay stuff, especially in strategy games, no.

Which games? Do you feel bad for it?

I don't do it, but I hate games without autosave because if I save every 5 minutes I feel I'm savescumming.

[hideytext]me too[/hideytext]

>using one of the game's features
>cheating
ok

The only time I ever savescum like a little bitch is in STALKER.

It's like some of those bandits have third eyes in the higher difficulties.

Normally I never savescum. I will also always play ironmode/hardcore mode if it is available.

That said, then I tried playing rimworld. That game basically forces you to savescum or your game will end in no time.

>played shitty Fallout 3
>save right before a RNG speech check
>played shitty Fallout 4
>you can save mid-conversation before the RNG speech check
I still savescummed in NV though, but that was mostly just because i really wanted to experience every little dialogue branch, like before killing House, for example.

RPG games- deus ex, nv, thief, really any game that has quicksaves desu

i don't even feel bad, get to experience more content before making my final decision in dialogue.
going through deus ex now and i'm not doing it too hard, i guess my "utlra 100% ghost non-lethal playthrough" phase is finally over. You guys should try it sometime.

a lot pc games do not have auto-save unlike consoles

the quicksave key is your best friend in STALKER

>tfw you accidentally mix up the Quicksave and Quickload keys

Is it possible to finish the original DX without killing anybody? I was thinking in giving it a try

Yes. I wish I could stop. I'm only ruining the experience for myself.

It might be possible, but the game doesn't account for it, so it literally doesn't matter, and there are bosses that need to be killed, I think.

>but the game doesn't account for it
Too bad, but I don't really care desu

>there are bosses that need to be killed
I don't think this is true

>Take your sweet ass time lining up a good shot
>Miss
>Reload save and try again
Cool game

No

>accidentally quicksave in an impossibly difficult spot
>keep replaying your death in hopes of getting out of the situation
>it never ends

bet you enabled godmode to get out of that situation

If you're already savescumming you might as well, dirty cheat

No.

I save scum crafting if the formulas are bullshit enough. You can probably guess what I mean by my picture. Some enchants in Morrowind you literally have abuse stat loops to get your way up past negative chance to succeed. Go look at the formula on the wiki some time. Alchemy is alright, at least.

Everything else I let stand. If I have to use a lot of resource to stay alive in a fight because I fucked it, whatever. That's how it goes. Same goes if I miss some kind of rare opportunity because of my own lack of preparation or incompetence.

in old pc games i do because they were designed that way. like i love thief but it would be incredibly tedious to actually run and hide every time you're spotted, the game is much more fun if you just treat being seen as death and immediately f9 (or alt+l or whatever thief uses)

meanwhile something like crusader kings 2 i only play ironman because that game is pointless if you just reload when bad shit happens.

How do I use bold text on Sup Forums?

First time I played XCOM I didn't realise you could do it so I played through completely legit even when I misclicked and it ended up in a death, it was fucking horrible but I actually kinda preferred it to savescumming although by the end of it I was left about half way through the game with just a few rookies.

You can avoid killing anyone in Deus Ex.

Never, unless I do something stupid by accident, like alerting the enemy by firing my weapon

who the fuck is josh?