New Metroid Prime Federation Force footage!!

New Metroid Prime Federation Force footage!!
youtube.com/watch?v=INdU6HvQWnM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChWLeQPbzNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Nintendo is relying on E-celebs to promote this shit
kek

anyone know how to get the circle above Metriod's head?

Jump at it

This reminds me of Borderlands fuck

>Metroid has to be online multiplayer
>no singleplayer allowed ever, we need achievements and leaderboards and amiibo DLC

Back in the garbage it goes!

It actually has single player

it m-might be fun... *gulp*

Sure it does. Just like how Metroid: Other M would be a game, and not a movie. I remember those lies.

Seriously it has single player
youtube.com/watch?v=ChWLeQPbzNo

Yeah, just like any hunting game designed for 4 player co-op has single player. It's there, but it's not intended or the development focus.

>boss designed for multiplayer being attacked by one person

Welp, I guess that's kind of a relief, even though they have no idea how to balance the game around one person, so the ice boss ends up being a 20 hour grind.

They have an optional mech modifications to compensate
Stuff like and 3 drones that can assist

So it basically makes the game easy mode, so casual that it makes Uncharted look like Touhou. How is that supposed to "restore my faith" in this game?

It wasn't
I was just pointing stuff out

Tri Force Heroes had "single player", too.

Yes, what you pointed out is that the game is a completely broken mess that might as well not have singleplayer, because they put no thought into it whatsoever. It's the equivalent of an MMO that doesn't have quests and enemies scale to the levels and party sizes of raid groups.

EVEN TERRARIA DID THIS with the 1.3 update. How can Nintendo be so incompetent?

Honestly it sounds kind of nice just to hear them have fun. I wish I had some people to play vidya with IRL like that.

Game looks okay but not what I wanted out of a new Metroid game. In the demo, the shooting felt much better than it seemed like it would.I'll probably pick it up at some point.

>Balanced for four players
>Mod to double your damage and halve your taken damage
The effects should be doubled.

So did Kit bang those two chicks as Andre tried to find his dick?

Andre's too naive

Also, why the "halve your damage" crap? Even in 4 players I've never seen anyone get hit by an attack. Are they afraid that the game might be "challenging"?

This game wouldn't get nearly as much hate if it was coming out alongside a real Metroid game, or if another one was at least around the corner.

I mean, imagine if Prime Pinball was the next game after Metroid Prime? No, Prime 2 had JUST come out and Prime Hunters was around the corner.

Can someone please tell me where the fuck the gravity suit is in this fucking game

user, even if Prime Pinball was the only game coming out for years, it was at least after a good game. The one thing I ever ask from a franchise is that it dies on a good installment. If Other M had never happened, I wouldn't mind Federation Force. I'd still consider it a piece of crap, but it wouldn't be an insult ontop of that.

More people are going to buy the new Style Savvy over this on the same day of release

The AM2R guy should've remade Other M instead. Would've made better use of all those Thoth/Genesis assets.

This game looks comfy

I don't get the fascination with the game. The Euro version has been out for ages so I got that, and it's grindy as fuck with no indication of how or when you can trigger events to move forward and unlock more content. After a good 6 or so hours all I can do is sell clothes based on requests, decorate rooms, get given a random hairstyle, and buy clothes from 3 of the 20 or so brands in the game. The NPCs also massively reuse dialogue despite all getting unique bios and outfits.

It's pretty damn shallow and the insanely slow progression and locking of options isn't letting me satisfy my desire to play a dress up game.

It's in the water area, ironically.

Select your character

Not him, but you moved the goalposts pretty hard.

All he ever did was correct your claim that it has no singleplayer. Chill out my man.

It doesn't, really. For it to have a singleplayer, it has to be something you can't play online, period. Otherwise it's just offline multiplayer, but with one guy and maybe some bots.

I'm at the Omega Metroid. I just saw it rip the fuck out of some GFed troopers.

I've had no trouble with the game up to this point, but this thing is kicking my ass. I can't fucking hit it's weak spot. It just blocks goddamned everything. It takes a bazillion missiles. Bombs don't seem to do anything.

I've been getting what I think is every powerup up to this point, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

>For it to have a singleplayer, it has to be something you can't play online, period.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Not if you have any ability to comprehend what he means.

Here's your (You), my man.

That's retarded. You're retarded.

The problem is I understand what you're TRYING to say, and I agree, but you are completely fucking up your point and making everyone in this thread dumber for having had to listen to your retardation.

It's like Phantasy Star Online. Yeah, you can play it by yourself, but it's not singleplayer, as everything is designed to be played in a party. The enemies don't scale, the bosses don't scale, the AI doesn't change, nothing differentiates it from if you're just playing it online.

I know exactly what """""he""""" means. Nice ad hom, tho LMAO

I could dig a 2D Other M reimagining. I'd imagine it like a 2nd game like Fusion.

>It's like Phantasy Star Online. Yeah, you can play it by yourself, but it's not singleplayer, as everything is designed to be played in a party. The enemies don't scale, the bosses don't scale, the AI doesn't change, nothing differentiates it from if you're just playing it online.

Different games handle different things differently. Monster Hunter scales if you play alone or with a group.

You don't know what ad hominem means and you also don't know how to check for samefag.

He's just back pedaling.
Ignore him.

So why doesn't this do the same?

>You don't know what ad hominem means

Uh, (You) don't know what ad hominem means. I know exactly what it means, broseph.

Tell me right now how you think I'm "backpedaling".

Singleplayer is usually meant to be played by yourself, never with a group. If it has coop, the game will scale to make enemies harder, again like Terraria would via expert mode.

Nintendo can't accomplish something that a small indie game could do easily?

I thought someone else already said the game had some optional modifications to make up for that?

Spider ball/bomb to find the speed blocks.
Speed boost into them.

When you see the circles, bomb. Just bomb everywhere.

According to Tanabe singe player is for players who want a challenge.

>die on a good installment
>if Other M never happened

>we'd have the series dead on Prime 3 and Hunters as the last Metroid games

That's not the same thing and it also isn't balancing the single player for the intended 4, given that it only scales twice.
Assuming that you're limited in the mods you can use that also eats away at your options.

doesnt count cuz reasons

Yes, and explains why it still doesn't work.

TARGET AUDIENCE

F, mecha suit looks better than bulky dumb armor

Prime 3 was better than 2.

But the real shit is that it's been 12 years since the last 2D game.

Nah, it's been like a week since.

Man what's with the silly soundeffects

If the NX Portable doesn't have a sequel to Fusion, there's no point in getting one.

>no singleplayer allowed ever
It has a singleplayer story.

If Metroid ended with Prime 3 you would have people in 2016 clamoring for Sakamoto to revive the series and that's both disgusting and hilarious.

The voice options are even worse
It's like they don't want it to be taken seriously

>Prime 3 was better than 2.
The fuck it was.

I see these complaints all the time with this game being

>Why is it multiplayer? Metroid isn't multiplayer story!
>It takes away from the sense of isolation!
>This artstyle is too cartoony!

and others of the like.

Its a spinoff, if this game isn't allowed to be different with it being a spinoff, then Paper Mario should be more like main mario games.

A criticism I understand and sorta get is people being upset that this is what we're getting when the last game put a bad taste in people's mouth.

No idea how to move the Eagle head. I've tried bombing all around the area (outside this room as well).

You've gotta shoot some orbs to make them glow
I wouldn't give anyone shit for missing that though, because that's nothing we've seen in a 2D troid before

It's just fucking retarded.
Tiny chibi soldiers in chibi mechs fighting chibi space pirates and metroids that are actually 5 metres tall, in locations that never hint that the characters are actually huge?
Who the fuck thought this shit was acceptable?

Paper Mario has a good art style and gameplay on its own merits, though. FF looks like shit.

>Its a spinoff, if this game isn't allowed to be different with it being a spinoff, then Paper Mario should be more like main mario games.
It shouldn't be different in key ways. Otherwise you shouldn't even call it Metroid. This is the equivalent of making a Mario game with as many cutscenes as Metal Gear Solid, and half-way in they deal with edgy topics that belong nowhere near Mario, and everything starts reading like fanfiction.

In the same vein, Fed Force is removing everything recognizable about Metroid and trying to turn it into yet another esports trash heap. Nintendo has enough multiplayer games, leave this franchise be. And you know, I guess I have to be the one to say this: Hunters was pure garbage rivaling Metroid: Other M in how bad it was. Why? Because we got a gimped, poorly made singleplayer, just so they could hype up the multiplayer, which is now empty and nobody plays it anymore because of a combination of it aging poorly, and hackers rampaging through the network because Nintendo's ability to give a good online experience rivals Valve's ability to make new games.

Metroid needs to be singleplayer only. And it needs to be GOOD singleplayer. Outside of that, if you put out a quality product, it'll be just fine. If I was against change for the better, I would've hated Metroid Prime.

Having a cartoony artstyle doesn't give it the excuse of looking ugly as fuck

>Metroid needs to be singleplayer only.
I dunno man, there's always potential to take a single player game and make some great multiplayer out of it, like with Assassin's Creed.
But I won't argue that Metroid should be focused on the single player before anything else is even considered.

>e-sports
Stopped reading.
Kill yourself.

Alpha metroids are too difficult
I finished ZM and liked it, did'nt try super yet

Should I abandon this game ?

this is the place for AM2R discussion too, right?

i just wanted to say it's easier to beat the queen metroid with an invisible samus than it is with the mid-level powersuit. so much easier.

>I dunno man, there's always potential to take a single player game and make some great multiplayer out of it, like with Assassin's Creed.
Assassin's Creed? Did you seriously think that was a good example, especially since every Ass Creed game from the second onward has been watered down repeatedly, and is now subject to being the exact same "press x to win" trash that you see in all triple A titles?

this is the federation force audience

>Alpha metroids
>Difficult

What. Just hit their underside with missiles.

>this is the place for AM2R discussion too, right?

No, stop shilling this crap.

I didn't say anything about the single player, and I haven't touched the games at all since 4. The multiplayer introduced in Brotherhood was great, questionable changes in future iterations aside.

The multiplayer in Brotherhood was casualized beyond all belief. Nothing but quick time events and letting the game play itself in fancy cinematics.

Oh, and the multiplayed sucked too. Hah.

You can't bounce them with missiles as easily cause the have that dodge move, but you can still just spam and win.

I think the Omegas are pretty difficult cause I screw up the short hop timing a lot.

>The multiplayer in Brotherhood sucked

I don't know if this is because I've set the game in hard but they never have the same pattern movement it's impossible to kill them without suffering

I'm a shit I guess

The game is just Call of Duty with a focus on melee kills. Why would anyone ever defend something From Ubisoft?

Just beat AM2R. Can you super bomb the queen metroid? cause I just super missiled her instead

Fuck this game.

Anyone got a link to am2r?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:31059585e68123d095871d3169899cd900b77213&dn=AM2R%20v1.0

Literally all over the internet.

yeah, you just need to let her attack you and then you can morphball into her and blow her shit up.

Thank you, friend.
Take a page out of friend's book. Don't be such an ass.

yeah she got her jaws on me then I just missiled her. time to do it again for that canon death

uhmmmm.
i play doom metroid mod.

Learn to use Google. Do you want Friend to wipe your arse for you as well?

>uhmmmm.

I've got 94% on AM2R, can't figure out for the life of me what I'm missing. There are no white circles on the map, and everything has a solid white boundary.
I have 9 life squares, 235 missles, 20 super missles, 18 power bombs (normal mode).

Any hints? Alternatively, just a map of everything would be good, for comparison. I've already done about three of those hidden statues doors (the ones activated with blue balls).