There are people who unironically think The Last of Us should be put on a pedestal next to games like Resident Evil 4...

>There are people who unironically think The Last of Us should be put on a pedestal next to games like Resident Evil 4 and Ico
Why are people such sheep? pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFZIiWmKBMs&feature=youtu.be
fraghero.com/6-best-looking-games-on-the-ps3/
psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29848-best-graphics-on-ps3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because it ushered in an era of "cinematic experiences" and made an significant impact on the industry, much like how resident evil 4 was the start of "action-horror" games becoming popular and ico raised the bar for adventure games and rpgs.

>because it ushered in an era of "cinematic experiences"
No, Uncharted 1 did that

>that fat fuck in the background
Barneyfags really don't deserve existence.

Gaming already had 'cinematic experiences'.
Indigo Farenheit 440 Prophecy, for example.

the first uncharted didnt even have that much cutscenes

>there are people that think RE4 should be put on a pedestal instead of in the trash

oh, so its because it shows contempt for the idea of being a game. That makes sense.

>there are people who dont like re4

TLoU also made it a widely accepted thing for games to be purely style over subsistence. we all remember how high reviews were and who much gaming journos pushed it. it was the start of garbage non-games becoming widely accepted. look at the new god of war trailer, I can promise you that it wouldn't look the same if TLoU flopped.

also I don't actually like TLoU, and i found it pretty boring when i played, but you can't doubt that it had a pretty big effect on the style and direction of AAA games produced after it came out.

Pic is related. It's how I imagined your face as you posted this thread.

>it was the start of garbage non-games becoming widely accepted.

name 20 games that did this

Honestly I find re4 and the last of us to be overated ass games. Tlou was a boring cinematic experience. And re4 starts off pretty good but then the second half turns to shit.

beyond two souls
the order 1886
until dawn
gone home
pretty much every gane sony showed off at e3 this year except maybe one ir two
quantum break
uncharted 4

Until dawn was the only good one. Beyond two souls is my guilty pleasure game though. Everyone hated it so much.

thats not 20

david cage games are only good for watchig tbfp play through

those e3 ones are easily over 20

brian wu's game
>her story
undertale, seriously it was basically a glorified VN with bullet hell elements, i wouldn't count it as an rpg at all
i think the newest uncharted was more cinematic than ever? lots of qte boss fights
until dawn was good, but basically just a interactive movie
probably a lot of other console games that I don't know. haven't really followed games for the past few years other than witcher 3 and bannerlord

I'm not much into lets plays but the game had some pretty comfy levels and the story gets pants on head ridiculous. I guess that's why I liked it so much.

Uncharted 4 was serious cinematic garbage. I'm still really surprised so many people on Sup Forums like it. Sup Forums would always shit on 2 for being supposedly being too cinematic but then they turn around and dick suck 4 into oblivion.

it was my understanding that it was well received because of the multiplayer, and apparently it was a satisfying conclusion for fans following the story.

the ending to indog prophecy was pure perfection

should i watch twin peaks first, or play deadly premonition first?

>re4
But it's shit.

>RE4

Not a very high pedestal then

The multiplayer is pretty fun but it's gets a little boring quickly. And the story as a whole didn't really need to be made. My main gripe with the game is that it tries too hard to tell a boring story by having the characters climb and talk about %80 of the game with little to no action to keep you interested.

i think games that are made for a wide audience tend to be pretty boring because most people literally can't handle it. i expect western games to have better dialogue/writing though and i am constantly let down

Twin peaks.

apprently it got pulled off canadian netflix senpai. where do i watch it now

>RE4
kill yourself

The only part of RE4 that isn't that great is the last part of the game, with the military base. Everything else is very well done

youtube.com/watch?v=VFZIiWmKBMs&feature=youtu.be

The Last of Us barely has cinematics compared to any MGS game or even Uncharted

Some people play games for fun, and they can even enjoy "cinematic" games. I say this as someone who doesn't like Uncharted

Pseudo cinematics are a thing, user, pay more attention next time you play a game. Just because you can walk around freely doesn't mean there's actual gameplay going on and you aren't inside a ""cinematic""

>pseudo cinematics
I meant pseudo gameplay

re4 is fucking shit

aged like fucking milk

ugly textures and graphics
shit controls
shit camera

>b-but its resident evil! it's supposed to have shit controls and cameras

fuck you

except metal gear games always make it so when gameplay time comesround, your actually fucking playing. People like mgs because as leghty as the cutscenes are, they still exist to serve the gameplay

There was also at least one TPS before gears of war, bit it was GeoW who started the clear trend.
He's talking about influence, not innovation.

>Ico
Is it really THAT good?
I started playing recently and the atmosphere is great but the gameplay itself is pretty tedious.

Its graphics were pretty good for 05. Obviously they're dated now. The controls and camera are fine though. How is the camera even a complaint? You don't have to manage it at all

It's overrated because the gameplay is shit. It will not get any better for you by the end

Even the devs acknowledge the gameplay sucks

I stopped liking RE4 the moment I noticed all zombies will stop running when they reach a certain distance to you and that the game drops health and ammo like candy when you are low.

The combat is awful. It shouldn't have been in the game at all. The game was fine overall for 2001, but the combat really shows its age

>shit controls
>shit camera

>ico
>Horrible """" gameplay""" where every battle is mindless filler as hordes of boring black blobs """ attack"""" your companion while you mash square to fend them off, all the while struggling to keep the camera from focussing on a nearby wall.
>the """ puzzles""" consist of pulling the only lever around and tons of back tracking while dragging around your waifu because if you don't she'll wander off and be attacked.
>horrible sounds (""rooooh!"") and retarded music.
>horrendous forced camera angles are the only difficulty while platforming. There is a part right before you blow up a watertower where you crawl a rope over a cliff where you literally hold the stick in 1 direction for 37 seconds as you... Wait. And wait.
>obscure story, made even worse by gibberish voicework and subtitles to provide an air of "" deepness"""

whats it like to be this unironically bad at vidya

>I stopped liking RE4 the moment I noticed all zombies will stop running when they reach a certain distance to you
But how is that problem? When they actually arrive to your position, they hit like fucking tanks. In my eyes, it's a way the game gives you a last chance. It's not like any enemies in the previous RE games were fast anyway.
>and that the game drops health and ammo like candy when you are low.
Try Professional :^)

>There are people on Sup Forums who unironically think they have to dislike a game because it's popular.
Why are people such sheep?

>Why are people such sheep?
>Praises Resident Evil 4, the normie horror game of choice, ported to over 10 consoles.
Back to Ribbit. Next you'll tell me your top 10 consists of Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3 and Bioshock.

>It's not like any enemies in the previous RE games were fast anyway.
Have you actually played any RE games before 4? Zombies weren't the only enemies and even then in REmake Crimson Heads never stopped running.

They can't get away with saying it anywhere else. That goes for a lot of things here actually. It's pretty funny

>>Praises Resident Evil 4, the normie horror game of choice, ported to over 10 consoles.
>It's bad beccause it's popular
I can't take this anymore.

Compare this to TLoU
>music made by a two time Oscar winning composer
>excellent voice acting and visuals, probably the best on ps3.
>cliché story told in an excellent wat, emotionally engaging with a thought provocking ending
>excellent atmosphere, well thought out level design.
>stalking a clicker is a real difficult task with low ammo and the fact you have to slowly move the analoge stick

Name 1 (one) game that had atmosphere and this sense of vulnerability?

Reading comprehension.

Ico is a literal meme game and just as pretentious as half the fucking indie games today

Why shouldn't OoT or Super Mario 3 be in the top 10? Both were pretty influential to their genres, with OoT being one of, if not the most influential 3D game

>beyond two souls has only 10% the interactionele level of tlou
>the order 1886 same here
>until dawn same here
>gone home dont know this game
>pretty much every gane sony showed off at e3 this year except maybe one ir two __ wow strong argument
>quantum break _ true
>uncharted 4 _ same developer but yes

I screwed up my wording a little bit, sorry.
I thought we were talking abot the regular enemies though. Crimson Heads only appear when you don't dispose of the body. So they're basically 'special enemies'

Resident Evil 4 had it's fair share of fast enemies too. Garrador, Chainsaw Sisters, Verdugo and Colmillos.

>Ico is a literal meme game
What does this even mean?

that are pretty of games from that era that aged like wine

>unironically liking that shitty tank control garbage with nothing but ugly gray and brown colors

L M F AO ! ! !

I think you should literally drop dead.

What was in your comment that I didn't comprehend?

except the last of us is anything but a good game. when the gameplay actually fucking happens, its super bare bones and doesnt do anythibg with its concept thats interesting. and the story is the most blatant, talentless oscar bait the world has ever seen

It means everybody talks about how great it is to fit in, while they either havent played it or dont actually like it. See also: the Emperor wears no clothes.

>that are pretty of games from that era that aged like wine
RE4 is one of them

You sure proved me wrong

It's literally RE4 and Ico combined together with better gameplay mechanics

>excellent visuals
everything looks like rubber and you know it
>thought provoking ending
"WASJOEL BADFOR KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE? SO DEEP"
>name one game with better atmosphere and sense of vulnerability
any given horror game in the ps1/ps2 era

That's one hell of a straw-man, good Sir.

TLOU was a damn good story game. But if you want to make a case you would have to compare it other games of that kind. So, compared to Uncharted for example, TLOU is a masterpiece.

Name one game where sneaking demands very sensitieve mouvement of the stick like with the clickers.

Story is cliché but the storytelling is stellar. If you deny this,I think yo're just trying to hard.

TLOU has better gameplay than Ico though.

>you like the game I dont like
Shill
>you dont like the game I like
Hipster

Why try? Sup Forums is one of the only places you'll find that doesn't like the game. If you place any value at all in Sup Forumss opinion then there's something mentally wrong with you

The Last of Us is shit. The Evil Within is the not shit version of it. And the fact that game is still heavily flawed speaks wonders for how shit last of us is

>this pile of shit is better then this other pile of shit

literally every stealth game ever. This may be a shock to you but analog controls where you dont have to hold a button to change speed is not new

>TLoU
>better gameplay than RE4

Hell to the fuck no family, and I say that as someone that likes TLoU

TLoU isn't like Ico at all. The most puzzles it has are the occasional "move plank/pallet from A to B" puzzles

but its not a good story. it fails to take advantage of being a GAME to tell its story,. Devil May Cry 3 is a good example of a good story in a game. Last of Us is an example of a game being ashamed of what it is

>everything looks like rubber and you know it
Name on game that looks better on PS3.
>"WASJOEL BADFOR KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE? SO DEEP"
It's easily 100000x better than Ico's """""story""""".
>any given horror game in the ps1/ps2 era
And yet, you can't name one.

Most games have a crouch button which automatically puts you in stealth modus.

Ico puzzles are: find the one switch in the whole room and turn it.

Story is cliche, not bad, but also not good. The storytelling in TLoU is godtier for gaming.

>There are people who unironically think
Please tell me this isn't a real thing people do.

>everything looks like rubber and you know it
Google "Best looking game on PS3" and click any link on the frontpage. EVERY link says TLoU.

Anything is better than tank aiming

>Ico puzzles are: find the one switch in the whole room and turn it.
I think Ico is boring, but there are definitely more to its puzzles than TLoU puzzles. It isn't a matter of opinion, denying this is wrong

>playing a cinematic game made by Hollywood rejects
Why though? Haven't you learned your lesson yet?

Every link I've clicked has said GoW Ascension, Uncharted 2 or 3, and AssCreed 4.

Dude seriously, what gameplay? The controls are stiff and unintuitive, and.....hell it's REsident Evil, it was never good gameplay. Mechanics alone TLOU wins by mile just with sheer numbers alone, you short-sighted thundercunt.

ICO is manely puzzles, in TLoU there are barely any puzzles. Playing TLoU for the puzzles is like playing Uncharted for it's waterskiing.

What is scrolling, the post.

>First result:
www.ign.com/boards/threads/which-ps3-game-has-the-best-graphics.454149585/
Second post: uncharted 2,3 or the last of us

>Second result:
fraghero.com/6-best-looking-games-on-the-ps3/
6. The Last of Us

>Result 3 and 4 are videos with the last of us mentioned

>Result 5 is
psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29848-best-graphics-on-ps3/
Third post says TLOU

do I need to continue?

RE4 had great gameplay when it was released. Obviously it has been improved upon, but modern 3rd person shooter using the over the shoulder/precision aiming is because of RE4

>gone home
>a video game

Because people are retarded and think that shit like Skyrim or The Witcher 3 is deep?

The first one is praised by normies because muh open world

The second one is praised by normies because muh open world and by people here because WEW GERALT IS SO ALPHA I WISH I COULD BE AS COOL AS HIM BASED SLAVS

the last of us still had better fucking gameplay than Ico

because Ico isn't trying to be cinematic as fuck, oh no of course not

And most of those are just some random jackoff in a forum.
Why should I, you, or anyone, give a single shit Joe Schmoe thinks one game looks nice?
For that matter, why does it matter even if LoU looks good?

This is what Sup Forums likes: open world, convoluted story that doesn't make sense, preferably some arrow-in-the-knee memes easily available to sprout 20 shitposting threads every hour.

this is a good post

>convoluted story

>Skyrim
>GO GO POW- DRAGONBORN KILL ALDUIN, USE THIS ARTIFACT

>The Witcher 3
>find your "daughter", she's pursued by edgy elves

But yeah, I agree about the meme part.

Some user {I assume that it was you} claimed TLoU looked like rubber, I said it wasn't and gave as argument that the general consensus is that it's one if not the best looking game on PS3. Every professional review will back this up, every let's play on youtube has people jizzing over the visuals, but hey sure, let's just keep on being contrary and claiming TLoU doesn't look good. ;)