>Get OR
>Up against Maxie for the last time
>He's killed my Slaking anchor somehow
>Get out Gyarados
>He brings out Camerupt
>Somehow it outspeeds G
>He mega evolves it, and he uses fucking YAWN
>I one-shot it with surf

Got AS because I enjoyed Y, wish I hadn't. It was just boring as fuck.

If it weren't so easy I would have loved it. It was still really fun because of the nostalgia for me, but I lost interest after discovering that the post game wasn't te same as for Emerald. I know it was stupid to expect the same thing but still. I should replay it to complete my regional pokedex, (I only need two pokemon and I'll be done with it) and beat the league once more.

Shit.

But serioualy, a disappointment. Yeah, it's better than XY but that's not really saying much as XY's onyl good things were the QoL changes and everything took a turn for the worse because of it.

>b-but they only had one year

and an Infinite budget seeing as Pokemon is a multibillion dollar franchise, and plus I've played many games that had a year or less development time and a smaller team and played and felt better than ORAS (SSBM most famously exampled). A year is not a valid excuse.

Original Sapphire was a huge part of my grade school experience , I'm 21.
I haven't touched Pokemon since but because of Pokemon GO, I got curious and decided to check out the remake.
It pretty much felt like experiencing Sapphire again, I don't know how else to put it. It's just Sapphire with 3D graphics and some surprises along the way like getting a free legendary (what) and Delta Episode. It was also my first experience with Mega Evolutions which seemed cool but I sometimes avoid using them since the animations are too fucking long and the game's way too easy anyways.

I don't know, I'm waiting for Citra to be playable

Love Gen 3.

Couldn't finish it. Lazy, lazy, lazy. And the music was nowhere near as quality.

I like them!

They tried to copy the environmental tiles with 3D models which just looks awkward. Compare to XY's environments, which were created as environments and not as tile sets, and ORAS looks noticeably underwhelming. Also, contests were made absolutely trivial, which is disappointing.

The series has made a lot of changes that make things very easy- Mega Evolutions, EXP Share, infinite use TMs, etc. Now, I argue that Pokemon has always been fairly easy, and I think all of these are net positives, but it's still a problem that the games are introducing mechanics that are a huge boon to the player without creating some counter-balance.

A lot of people give these games shit about the post-game but I don't see it. If you want more story, the Delta Episode is the beefiest post-game story we have had yet. If you enjoy catching legendaries, this game yet again has the most to offer of any game yet. If you like competitive battling, the Pokemon-GL is the most robust suite of competitive battling features we have had in the series to date, with actual ladders, Pokemon usage statistics, and themed tournaments. It'd be cool if we had the Battle Frontier in addition to all of this, but yet again, I view it all as a net positive with a minor downside.

But it's easy to dwell on negatives. Secret Bases don't suck now with internet sharing, the DexNav is easily the best method we've had to date to catch a wide variety of Pokemon, and I still fundamentally enjoy the gameplay.

tl;dr It's the most robust and polished suite of features we have had in a Pokemon game to date, but because it is missing a handful of features that were in past games, it is easy to see the game more for what is "missing" than for what is there. If you can get past that, they're the great.

My copy of AS stopped working a year later. Now it just crashes a lot and resetting data and saves doesn't fix it. I think I'm ready for homebrew now.

What else could he have possibly done?

Could've been 10/10 if they made a challenge mode that's actually challenging. The game itself is cool, plays great and has some nice new features.

A lot of people complain about exp share, but I personally liked the lack of grinding in OR/AS. It would have been great if they balanced the game by making the gyms harder, but seeing as it was a remake they couldn't change much with the gyms.

Boring and probably the most dissapointing pokemon game I've played. I expected XY to not be that great since pretty much every first game in a gen doesn't have much besides new pokemon and a new region, but there was no excuse for how ORAS tuned out. Took me half a year to finish it. Hopefully sun and moon are good but I'm not that excited for it.

Easier than R/S/E.

It's fun. Wish they'd added battle frontier though.

I liked them but RSE were my favorite anyway.
OST especially is great even though I kinda miss the trumpets from the GBA soundfont.

>Falls asleep playing a 3ds
Fatty

It reminded me of how fucking awful the wild pokemon variety is in gen 3
4 fire type pokemon lines in the entire game, not counting the Torchic line