Anybody been playing this and wanna talk about its quality, rather than the politics of the whole situation?

Anybody been playing this and wanna talk about its quality, rather than the politics of the whole situation?

I've played a few of these romhacks and I honestly can't tell why this one got so much publicity before it even got pulled.
I didn't find any new features or elements worthy of praise, but there's some confusing design choices which make it less appealing than a regular game. There are like 3 or 4 different cat pokemon just at the beginning, it doesn't let you see the starters before choosing one, and the client is super buggy and laggy. I had to stop playing because it crashed out of nowhere and I (foolishly) assumed that there would be an autosave function or something so I wasn't manually doing it.
Anyway, I feel like the devs took liberties with the wrong things. I was only 2 badges in though, so if anyone has played past that and knows if it gets much better then let me know.

up to badge 4. game is shit. the sprite work is all around terrible, the female protagonist's especially. the level curve on regular mode is also shit. I went from overleveled to underleveled in a matter of 1 route. it also isn't very forgiving if you want to fuck around with the fakemons. people give the gen 6 expshare shit for casualization or whatever, but at least it lets you drop in fresh mons to your team or switch the new and interesting things in without having to grind or worry about exp crunch. the grass starter is also by far the best choice, but until it gets leaf blade at level 29 you have vine whip, leech seed and metal claw to work with while it completely walls the first 3 gyms.

I don't particularly care for it because of the frame rate drops. A game this simple running on a PC shouldn't drop frames like that.

oh and it suffers from the common fangame problem of having too much text and too many characters to the point you eventually just mash the c key. and up to where i played the edge was mild, but i was spoiled on the ending. its darkrising tier in both edge and dumb gameplay

also who thought garlikid was a good idea

It's strangely laggy, for reasons nobody can seem to figure out. The beginning is terribly bog-standard: your standard normal-type, your standard flying types, your standard bug-type, your caves with a rock-type and an annoying as shit poison-type bat...

And whoever decided that the local Zubat needed not only an auto-poison attack to spam all the time, but also LESS weaknesses and tankiness, needs to die in a fire.

About the only thing I've seen that has been interesting, in my trip up to the first gym, was the bug with Charm as one of its starting moves. That made in incredibly useful, tossing out a charm before switching, and made it the first pokemon I leveled up after the starter. And I will admit, playing the poison bat shitter was fun, poisoning stuff and then tanking hits or swapping out.

The starters seem fairly dull. Water/Electric is an amazing typing, but it hardly uses it to any effect so far. I don't know what the fire typing is because it died to one shot of Water Gun, and the rival hasn't been back yet. The grass starter is apparently Grass/Steel according to some NPC in the game, which I guess isn't terrible.

the designs are atrocious

fire starter is fire/ground

grass/steel is one of the better defensive typings in the game and it makes a lot of fights trivial

Every fakemon is some variety of cat. Also lags like a bitch for whatever reason

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Pokemon Sage was much more interesting. Having the starting area filled with normal, dark, and ice in a snowland was particularly brilliant. It gives you types which would be suffering from their weaknesses, except it is too early to really see many typings so running around with an ice-type was crippling. Also, Pebblosa and Snome were some cute designs.

I love megaman

I'm at the 3rd gym right now, doesn't seem too bad. Does it get better?

Why are the starters so fucking dumb

So from what I gather, people seem to have a generally negative opinion of this particular version. Anybody wanna take a guess as to why this one has been popular where the others haven't?

Cause the dmca gave it advertisement

Kotaku and Polygon wrote articles about it over muh 9 years. Then the creators were retarded and setup a patreon for the game then got slapped with a C&D, so now there's "controversy."

Ah, was not aware of the articles, but I suppose you could leave it up to them to hype up a game that they think is unique but is actually one of many.

The creators no doubt wanted to make the starters "powerful" with a "competitive" typing, hence why they all start out dual-typed.

is this for real?
whether the reply is yes or no, hide this shit from the gooks or it will be part of the next pokemangame

>Pokemon Ur Anus version
>it's a breeding season like game where the monsters are humanized pokemon

Make it happen my dude. The breeding season guy released all of his stuff before he cheesed it, I'm not sure if that included the source code and stuff or just the latest builds. Still, I'd play it.

I don't see why it gets more attention than other edgy romhacks/fangames. It looks terrible and unpolished with bad pokemon designs and the only saving grace is that its a full game.

Is this a romhack or a ground-up fangame?

It's an Essentials game, I believe. So built on a prexisting engine for RPGMaker.