Day 1 patches

or

Delaying the game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wepgwx_9kto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Delay.

Not revealing the game at all

As one person I would rather you come out and just say "shit isn't ready. fucking riddled with bugs. our testers suck. Wait an extra couple of weeks please."

It'll still have a day1 patch so both is shit
They just need time to downgrade it even more

Neither. Just release it when it's ready.

Delaying so they don't fall into the FFXIV 1.0 trap of expecting patches to fix the mess that's released.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wepgwx_9kto

Having no game at all.

This

the delay is to Polish it

Delaying the game means the devs halted production of physical copies to make sure that everything is relatively fine before shipping.

Day 1 patches are usually done last minute and just add bloat to the games size and time it takes to actually start playing the game.

I'd rather have everything perfected on the disk than a last minute rush job.;

>It'll still have a day1 patch

Source?

Announcing your release date when you are sure you can actually keep it instead of making an ass of yourself.

Alright, you got me Square. Today's video caught my attention.

However, all shitposting aside. Do you think that the patched version releasing at the 29th would look/preform better? Also, do you think a Neo version would be the ultimate version (till the PC release)?

I really can't believe Square Enix, a multi-million dollar company, would release the game at this state. The day one patch sure has a lot going for it.

kek, you wish

I can't believe what happened to this game, it's one of the worst looking AAA current gen games
They should've never made Luminous

I don't think you need 2 months to fix this, unless the game is riddles with these bugs.

which it most likely is

Shit happens, especially when you are trying to perfect your work. You wouldn't know anything about that while staring at a computer screen in a darkroom, user.

this happens to games all the time user

Under the assumption the quality will be the same either way, Day 1 patch.

>I play a lot of videogames therefore I know a lot about game development!

Watch how Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest 11 will look the same. Thanks based UE4~Sama.

Yeah, but usually you don't waste tons of money on an event to announce a release date just to not make it in time

>preferring rushed games with rushed patches

faggot

that was really jarring. I can't believe they put that in and thought it was acceptable. Hopefully the two months can take care of this though

It's not 2008 anymore kid, UE games don't all look the same

He clearly casted blizzaga on the floor in front of him beforehand

You're going to need a day 1 patch ever after the delay anyway

MARK MY FUCKING WORDS

>wasting money on publicity

user, please.

Uncovered was trending top on twitter for more than 12 hours, and the delay also made a shit-ton of publicity for the game.

I see no downsides to day 1 patches (unless you have a shity net connection)

delaying the game and making the internet believe its because they dont want you download a day 1 patch when the game will still require patches (on day 1) and throughout its lifespan.

Delay. Never use patches. Just don't release the game until it's 100% finished.

see

You'll have to wait until 2020 then :^)

Yeah, but you can't have the best graphics on the market by using a generic Engine that everyone uses.

All the top game visually use their own in-house engine. Also, Luminous would be pretty rad on a high-end PC, and you will see that when square fucking port this shit from the crappy consoles GOD I HATE CONSOLES REEEEEEEEE

That game is already maxed the bluray disc by being 45 gigs. Wouldn't surprise me if the patch was 10 gigs.

The jap dude talking about it made it sound like two different games.

so your just lying

NEW FF XV THREAD LET'S GO

>Or

I don't really care if it takes two more years because I'm not so impatient baby. I can wait plenty to laugh at it fail

Delay, the initial reviews aren't going to be good and are going to hurt the game sales

Anyone who is not a dribbling entitled retard would go for the second option. A bad game is bad forever, a delayed game can be made improved.

You can delay FF15 another 10 years, it will be still be shit.

>not having louboutin heelys

I'd wait another year if we'd get the greatest game ever made.

I don't know what happened. The game around 2014-2015 was PERFECT.

Damn. I've been reeeeeing for the past few days cuz of this but this vid....... that took a lot of heart to apologize and ask for more time. Most game developers these days would just release a shitty announcement. As much as this feels like a cactus up the ass I can accept it.

Always delaying the game and leaving disc pressing until the last minute. Not everyone has great internet, not even in this day and age, especially australia which is supposed to be a first world country.

Third worlder with shit internet here. Delay.

Releasing and selling incomplete games just because you can patch them afterward is simply inexcusable and should never be allowed to become standard practice. Patching is supposed to be for fine-tuning and polish, not stitching together something that never should've shipped with full price tag.