Just went to my local computer/geek shop to get a quota for my new desktop gaming rig...

Just went to my local computer/geek shop to get a quota for my new desktop gaming rig, the guys there are pretty professional and really know what they're talking about. Anyway I don't know much about picking out parts or building my own PC but my budget was about $700 and this is what they recommended me, just wanted to see what you guys thought, I know it's not top of the line but they said it'll still be high up there.

AMD FX6300 System

AMD FX6300 3.5 GHZ AMD3+

GIGA GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 AM3+

8GB DDR3 1600

EVGA 500W Power Supply

DIYPC D480-BK Window Mid Tower

Sapphire Radeon RX460 2GB

ASUS 24X DVDRW SATA OEM

SEAGATE 1TB SATA

EDIMAX EW-7811UN WRLS MINI USB

HYUNDAI 22IN LED LCD Monitor

The total is $724 for all of it, how does it look? Just wanted some other opinions on it, seems really solid to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/y36ZZ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/ww9ZZ8
amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-21-5-Inch-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B015WCV70W/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471472588&sr=1-1&keywords=monitor
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7BB2WE8877&ignorebbr=1
logicalincrements.com/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001914
youtube.com/watch?v=HnsKI0jfuKc
pcpartpicker.com/list/NPsQD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get 16gb ram

get 32gb ram

just get the 8gb then download more.

They're fucking you over hard what a bunch of lying sacks of shit

pcpartpicker.com/list/y36ZZ8

I wonder if it be profitable to just not try fucking people over by offering them over priced shit and actually be helpful.

How exactly are they scamming me? They told me since I'm buying the parts in a retail store it might be marked up but if you were to buy the parts online you'd pay for shipping which is the equivalent of what you'd pay in taxes for buying the parts at a store.

Also I'm really not picky or have high standards, they told me this set up would be able to play any game at standard settings, maybe not max or high end settings but at least default settings and that's fine with me. I didn't have the budget to get Titan 1080 meme graphics card or whatever the fuck it's called, so fuck it.

I know these guys they weren't "fucking me over" they were really chill and friendly, they've built dozens of computers and even built they're own computers at home. They're huge gamers so they know what goes into a gaming desktop, I think the problem is my budget. $700 was a stretch for me, obviously the higher your budget the more optimal parts you can get. I'm not dropping $1000 or $1200 for some top of the line rig.

A lot of people said you can construct a $500 PC that is on par with a $1000 one.

Not OP but missing a monitor

Nope. Need to move worthless inventory over actually giving people something useful. Never trust a salesperson.

I mean sure some of that stuff is ok if you were building a fucking build around 400. But 600-700? Come on now

As for the op, amd cpus are not fucking high up there. Ther're not made for gaming like intel i5s and i7s are. A 460 is a slight step above a fucking 750ti. It's like 100 bucks. 2gb vram on the video card? We're moving onto 8gb standard. DDR3? Wow they sure took you for a spin.

don't get amd dawg
they be cheaper for a reason
go with intel and nvidia

>8GB DDR3 1600
Jesus christ it's 2016 for fucks sake

not sure what's its like in US but shipping is normally free over a price point here.

Honestly, build your own though, still cheaper whatever they say.

>Go with intel

Are you insane? Intel is garbage for gaming rigs, aren't they? I had Intel graphics in my last two laptops and it was shit, Intel isn't meant for gaming.

Also Nvidia is meme level graphic cards, they dominate the market for a reason but they are also more expensive as well. You can get graphic cards from other makers that are cheaper and just as decent as Nvidia.

What does that mean? Please explain? Is that like an outdated part or something? I did say I was on a budget, I don't know what the top of the line one would cost.

Ram is dirt cheap and the minimum you should aim for on a new rig is 16GB.

Your build is worth about $500 excluding the monitor.

So they are charging you in the excess of $100 to put adult LEGO together - they are not being nice and they are fucking you over.

This was around what I paid for comparable specs in 2011

you wouldn't pirate a ram

And they completely lied about "high" up there, this won't even run some of the newest games

Also that prebuilt I got forr 850 in 2011, already assembled, and brand new.

This is garage sell tier equipment user

Yeah like this user said you're missing the monitor and I paid $100 for the one on my quota so if you add the monitor to that list then it's around $800 which is almost $100 more than what I'm paying for my set up. If you already have a monitor then it's different, but I didn't have one so I had to drop money for it.

>Intel graphics

I'll ask them tomorrow if they can bump it up to 16GB, how much more money would that cost? Do you know? Just curious.

Nah, ripoff.

If you want a prebuilt with decent specs for cheap go to amazon and search for cyberpowerpc gamer xtreme. Has an RX480 and an i5 for $720.

Get a cheapo monitor for $80 and you're set.

>my last two laptops
>laptops
Kek

So you just believe them because they seemed chill?

Go ahead, buy it. My pc that I don't even keep Steam on anymore because it's specs are so dated is better than this setup.

I could get this build for sub-$600 shipping and tax included.

They are ripping you off.

m8 that build has a video card that's 3x more powerful than the 460 and has 4x the vram

The cpu is also way more powerful.

This isn't a 1:1 here

But if you want to keep being anal

pcpartpicker.com/list/ww9ZZ8

amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-21-5-Inch-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B015WCV70W/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471472588&sr=1-1&keywords=monitor

460 and the Fx series aren't even up to some games minimums now

AMD FX cpu's came out un 2012

You've literally just argued back with everyone who knows much more than your dumb ass knows.

Go ahead, buy yourself a cool new paper weight that can play the all new far cry 2

Maybe my dates are messed up, but I definitely had this build before that 2012 blow up in btc, and I built it before my Junior year...

I'm fairly positive that is wrong and they came out before that

>mfw i see people still selling FX systems
>people still buy them as gaming pcs
>they still charge $600+ for them

and they were shit at the time being no better than a phenom 2 and fucking decimated by the i series

Did I not mention they're building it for free? I'm not paying them anything to put it together so I thought that was a pretty good deal, most places charge a building fee.

Please do list out some parts that are more modern and will run better than what they gave me for the same price if not a cheaper price, because the store carries new stuff. It's not like they're carrying stuff from 8 years ago, I really don't know how high your expectations are on desktops. I don't expect mine to run at the speed of light.

I know he meant the processors, but Intel does make a like a chipset HD graphic system or whatever the fuck it's called or does.

Yeah I know, "gayming laptop" meme. I was very ignorant about how gaming worked on computers five years ago when I decided to get a laptop over a desktop.

Like I said show me what would be considered a better set up for the same money, because I don't know.

Those were just the fucking parts they had at the store, I know people say to buy the parts online but I figured you pay more money for the higher end stuff. Since I was on a budget I can't really spring for the newest/latest processors and shit. I'm aware some of the parts they gave me are dated or from 2012 or 2013 but that's what you get when you can't afford the sleek 2016 shit.

I remember when that Nvidia Titan came out, everyone took pictures of them buying it and then later I saw where it was shit and kept crashing. The latest hot thing doesn't always mean it's the best, or going to be the best.

Piledriver series was released in 2012 famalam google it.

You probably had a 6100 Bulldozer which were much worse unfortunately.

why wouldn't you buy user's advice when spending an extra $100 on getting a PC that will play latest games on highest settings for 4 years to come vs rip off pc that will feel sluggish right out the box. Monitors are super cheap, use your tv and save up for a mintior in a month or 2 time.

Yea this guy's a troll

Shows over

>they're building it for free

But the build is like $500 so you're fucking up somewhere.

So I decided that in a few weeks im going to get a 144hz monitor because using my pc crt monitor reminded me of those god awesome smoothness.

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7BB2WE8877&ignorebbr=1

Just so I am clear to get 144hz I need a DVI-D dual link such as >pic related
right?

People linked you pcpartpicker links in the thread you doublenigger.

yes or display port (Display port is dvi with sound)

Good thing you asked before you bought because you're getting jewed.

logicalincrements.com/
Build your own pc. This web site is for people who have no idea what they're doing.

>intel not meant for gaming
Think you got it backwards.
>laptop cpu

Unless you drop like $1500-2500 you aren't going to get a laptop with a very great gaming cpu.

You could get an i5 6600k for $220 which should be more than powerful enough even for cpu heavy games like arma 3.

If your tight on money and don't need a pc right away just wait till November and get a bunch of shit on sale from newegg or some other online store.

>Like I said show me what would be considered a better set up for the same money, because I don't know.

Someone already did

If you wanted to drop the price even more you could opt for a rx 470

Yes, but if you're buying a 144Hz monitor, chances are you'll get a bundled dual link cable with it, so I'd recommend not buying a separate cable before getting the monitor itself.

They are building it for free because you area paying triple what it's worth

How have you managed to make it to this point in life, you sound like a helpless infant

You're definitely right, my bad

>1TB sata
>2GB GPU
you were fucking ripped off, in short

Yeah the FX-6100 was worse than the i3s at the time.

The FX-6300 sat between the i3s and the i5s - nearly hitting the i5s with OCing.

Now though they are trounced by the newer i3s, with no Zen in sight as of yet.

>Did I not mention they're building it for free?
Haha so what you retard? The shit doesn't take much effort to put together. Also, there's no such thing as "free".

Also your GPU is outdated already, enjoy

If he wants a monitor on the cheap he should just buy a refurbished one from Newegg or some other site.

Funny how (assuming it isn't b8) OP has stopped responding.

>Display port is dvi with sound
This is actually incredibly incorrect

what part of D in DVI did you not understand you D-umbass

I ran into a lot of issues where games would only utilize single cores for whatever reason and I had to update the BIOS fairly often

if you're really short on cash you can buy anything refurbished except a hard drive and it'll probably last you for years.

He merely provided the subject, we don't need him to continue it

if you have to update your BIOS for more than even once per year someone fucked up

I wass also in college at the time for Comp Sci and did a lot of generaly fuckery duckery with anything computing in my posession

Don't want to waste space making another thread like this.
But what should I do for my first upgade?
>GPU GTX 750
>CPU i5 4460 3.2ghz
> RAM 8
I was thinking about getting a GTX from Best Buy, or should I look for a different GPU?

Ok, thats good to know.

1 more question. I have a 60hz 1080p ips panel(newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001914 this is it).

would I be able to dual monitor my pc with them despite the differences in refresh rate?
ie 1 monitor stays 144hz, the other 60 hz no complications like flicker?

>They're huge gamers so they know what goes into a gaming desktop

why are you guys still responding to this bait?

There needs to be disclaimer somewhere on Sup Forums that says "No threads where you ask for opinions on your shitty prebuilt pc because you're too stupid to build one yourself."

Well what games do you play? Cause off the bat a GTX 1070 or AMD 490 would be a good place to start

>They are building it for free because you area paying triple what it's worth
>How have you managed to make it to this point in life, you sound like a helpless infant

I already fucking said I know NOTHING about buying/building parts, when you don't know anything about it and are as ignorant as I am about these things then of course I sound like an infant. I'd like to see you do something you know nothing about, it'd be like you walking into a fabric store and not knowing anything about fabric.

Don't act so coincided, we can't all be technology gurus who majored in computer science and write code for a living, you fucking elitist tech fag.

Because this is the easiest board to bait

Get the fuck out and go to Sup Forums you piece of shit

I would do research and not argue with everyone I asked a question about fabric to.

You've argued every piece of advice given to you, has a single person in this thread said you aren't getting ripped the fuck off?

A fool and his money are soon parted, and apparently also go to work at fabric stores

most people would look up the fabric they need before going to a fabric store to buy fabric.

being a fucking cretin is genetic

I was looking at stuff like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and the like. Maybe even Battlefield 1. Over all I want to be able to just make a small investment and not have to worry about upgrading for a bit.

I just don't have $400 for the 1070.

Not the same user.

When I was 14, I couldn't figure out why Command & Conquer Renegade ran so choppy on my computer, so I found bbs and forums that gave me information on the general ideas of the workings of my computer, and figured out that I needed more RAM to meet the minimum specifications, so I asked for some for my birthday. This took me all of 2 days to figure out both why I needed it and what it did. I figured out installing it by myself, before wiki, youtube, and all this other shit was around to make it so that it would take me literally 3 fucking minutes with video directions like it does today.

I built my first computer that wasn't prebuilt when I was 16 or 17, because I figured if I could do RAM and most of the computer was big chunks, why couldn't I do it myself. It took me about a week of reading up an hour or 2 online after school about the different main components and what they did to understand all of them, and then about 45 minutes after that to look up a "quality" build, because there's always one floating around every year that people parrot, and then I double checked that, found some improvements on it, and bought the parts myself and built it. In total, I spent about 12-16 hours doing some research, 2 hours purchasing, and then about 3 hours building my first computer.

You're not the only one, it's constant with the internet, but holy shit people are fucking spoonfed babies nowadays, and I'm only fucking 29.

>Also your GPU is outdated already, enjoy

Everything is "outdated" if you buy on a budget, you can't expect to buy the latest greatest 2016 shit on a budget, also not everyone gives a shit about having older parts if you're on a budget.

I'm still here, I just regret asking for feedback on Sup Forums since I should have known I'd get destroyed anally by everyone on here. It really doesn't matter what parts I had listed, Sup Forums still would have told me It was shit and I was getting scammed. It's because I bought parts at a retail store instead of buying it from Newegg or some online part store, also since they picked the parts out for me Sup Forums is saying they just purposely picked out dated/garbage parts because I'm ignorant of computer parts.

Either way, if I hadn't of come onto Sup Forums asking for feedback I would have been happy, since ignorance is bliss. It's my mistake for asking people on Sup Forums for opinions, now I'm depressed and don't want that rig anymore. I would have been fine just living in ignorance and enjoying my new desktop. But since I didn't get "ALL THE NEW SHINY UPDATED TOP OF THE LINE MEME PARTS" it's a piece of shit I guess.

Also a lot about what is the "best" computer part is subjective. Some think AMD is better than Intel others think Intel is better than AMD. You have others who think Nividia is better than Radeon, etc. I'm not really a "fanboy" for any one company/maker, and at the end of the day if I'm happy/satisfied playing on this set up then that's all that matters.

You can all tell me it's outdated, expensive trash but if I can run my games on it and enjoy myself then I'll be happy. I have a PS4 anyway and I usually play most of my games on PS4, I only play like MMO's or online stuff on the PC like WoW, FFXIV, Wildstar, and some F2P MMO's, that's it. It's not a big deal to me if I can't run shit at max settings with 1080 100000 FPS bullshit meme tier stuff that you all care about.

>I just regret asking for feedback on Sup Forums since I should have known I'd get destroyed anally by everyone on here.
You're a fucking retard and got called out on it. Stop being a whiny bitch and understand you fucked up. I've seen plenty of build threads that weren't that bad, you're just trying to post purchase rationalize shit all thread.

I doubt you'll be able to even play Witcher or BF, but you're just going to continue to argue

A GTX960 will make a world of difference for you, and isn't a heavy investment. A lot of anons will tell you that's stupid and buy a 10xx, but there's no reason to buy the newest GPU when your CPU is that old, unless you're looking to max everything out in which case you'd be better off going to a DDR4 platform and upgrading everything. Bottlenecks are something I've noticed Sup Forums doesn't understand at all, especially when it comes to Sup Forums.

> "No threads where you ask for opinions on your shitty prebuilt pc because you're too stupid to build one yourself."

Not everyone wants to mess with building something themselves, especially if someone else will do it for free. And yes, I know that's incredibly lazy and doesn't make sense to you but I think it's lazy to sit in a motorized scooter at Wal-Mart when you're perfectly healthy.

Same principle, people are going to be lazy. You don't have to like it and can call them, retarded but even I'm sure you do things that others would consider "lazy" so don't be a hypocrite.

I'm, guessing 10 of those 12 hours were due to dial up?

Is that Chris-chan?

No, we say it's shit and you're getting scammed because YOU ARE GETTING SCAMMED

Go to fucking reddit and they'll tell you the same thing

>when your cpu is that old
His cpu is 2 years old, you dont need to upgrade them for years.

He could get the newest titan and be fine with a 2500k

Hey OP post this on i wanna see the shit storm

>Not everyone wants to mess with building something themselves
Well then you're not going to get quality, are you? Or at the very least you're going to be paying twice. Are you so fucking satisfied playing PC games without knowing a fucking thing about how to maintain a PC to run it?

Buy a console and join the pleb flock if you cant handle it.

No, my family was lucky enough to be in an area in Northern VA near DC that got some of the first residential cable in our area from COX, but it was shitty and spotty most of the time from what I remember.

Since you don't believe the people here. Go to pcpartpicker and look every part up and see what the price of the individual parts is.

I'm the guy with the comp sci degree, and I had mine built for me, and shipped to me.

It was 850....in 2011, for almost the exact same specs

>AMD processor
>AMD video card
>"DIYPC" case
>Seagate hard drive
>MINI USB?
>hyundai monitor

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just buy a fucking console kid. This is an AWFUL deal everything they are using is bottom of the barrel.

490? kek

480 and 1060 are about equivalent. Almost.

490 doesn't exist.

Well I have that degree too and I'd say you did good. OP is a faggot.

>They told me since I'm buying the parts in a retail store it might be marked up but if you were to buy the parts online you'd pay for shipping which is the equivalent of what you'd pay in taxes for buying the parts at a store.

Why would you just believe something you were told without checking to see if it's true?

No, I meant what I said. If I hadn't of posted on here I would have been known the wiser and been happy and excited for my new PC. But it was my fault for posting on here, in that regard I did "fuck up" and now I am full of regret. I should have known asking for advice on Sup Forums was a mistake, oh well, live and learn.

I'll just make the best of it, everyone said people were getting scammed for going out and buying a PS4 when it first came out for like $600 but people still did it. I think I just need to be more assertive and not give a fuck what people say, that's what most people do. I think I'll just do that, so in this situation I should say

Fuck you people I'm going to still get the rig, it looks fine to me and I'm going to enjoy it just to spite you. Even though I know most of you could give two shits less, I should do the same.

>I am full of regret
GEE I WONDER WHY

>but you're just going to continue to argue
uhm, what? All I said was I don't have the money for a 1070.

I keep seeing this. Either my CPU is shit and needs to upgrade or it's fine.

I am not too informed on amds stuff this year but isnt there gonna be a 490 anyways?

Jesus fuck her fingers are TOO LONG AND HER HANDS ARE OLD

For gaming, CPU's dont age like graphic cards do. This may have been true in the early 2000's but not now. There are people still using a i5 950's reliably with graphic cards as new as a GTX 980.

Only games that really need cpu horsepower are shitty ports or something else I cant name.

? Those are normal hands. Have you never seen a womans hands before?

0/10 hands

At some point, yes

Thank you, so should I ignore when system requirement websites say this?

Since I see videos like this running it?
youtube.com/watch?v=HnsKI0jfuKc

Sorry for the spoon feeding questions, still very new and don't want to be wasting money.

It's not that your CPU is bad, you're at a precarious position because of standards changeover, which doesn't understand. That CPU will bottleneck a 10xx series GPUs maximum potential, and there's really no reason to buy a GPU if you're not going to be able to max or come close to maxing what it can do. There are several levels of cards below the 10xx series on both the Nvidia and ATI sides that will play MOST games fine even on high settings, and are half the price. What you'll lose out on is the support for extra features like AA/etc.

On the other hand, your CPU will not reach a point where it's being fully stressed for a few more years probably, that CPU was a good budget buy when it came out. Upgrading that CPU to something in the same lineup (1150 sockets) would be pointless because they'll all hit roughly the same expiration point of actually being obsolete since DDR4 platforms have now become standardized, and those are using the 1151 socket set. A really good way to keep yourself with a very strong PC but save money is to always run 2-3rd rev tech, and stay away from new releases. You let other people test the shit for you, you save a boatload of money, and a lot of times by the time you go to moving into the new hardware for yourself, you've gained a good amount of new features or efficiency increases.

Yeah, sites like that are far from perfect. Your CPU comfortably shits on those requirements, that site just doesn't know it because GHz is a nice easy number to compare while actual benchmark comparisons take effort

I missed putting my point in there, which was if you feel like you need something now because you're lacking in performance, go with a lower tier card in the 9xx or the comparable ATI series. If you're not hurting, save until the 10xx's have dropped in price significantly, or you're just tossing money out. The only reason to have a brand new GPU at time of release is if you're enthusiast and going to push it, otherwise you can pick up a 960/970 etc. for around $200 now, and get a 10xx series later on down the road when they hit the same price, and resell your other card for $50-100. Also keep in mind if you play with budget on a regular basis for your PC, SLI is a cheap alternative to upgrading every new series.

Yeah, they're ripping you off.
pcpartpicker.com/list/NPsQD8
Also no OS in included in that pre-built?