RE4: Best RE or best RE?

RE4: Best RE or best RE?

I feel like 1/2/3/CV are too slow, too tedious, overly focused on planning the best route and inventory management.

5/6/Rev1/Rev2 are too much #COD #YOLO #SWAG. Too much over the top action, too many kicks, beating a dead horse, offering nothing new.

4 is just right. Takes the best from both worlds. Just enough action mixed with just enough survival horror. Never a dulll moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KK8crbEGtjc?t=1m43s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yup 4 is the best overall, but i'd say 2 is the best Resident Evil game.
Also pic is for laughs

Fuck you.
4 killed RE. If you don't like 1-3 you don't like this series.

4=REmake>1>2

That's all you need to play in this series, aside from maybe 5 in coop with a friend only.

At least there are some sane ones

I would agree but 1 aged horribly, especially after REmake outshined it in every way.

>Resident Evil 2
>Limited ammo

Maybe if you were retarded.
The series was always action based except REmake, which was an authentically scary game.

>RE4: Best RE or best RE?
If you're a communist, maybe.

Revelations 1 and 2 (especially 2) are a lot like 4. They are more "medium" pace. 5 jumped the gun somewhat. 6 was a damn joke.

That being said, I think y'all are wearing the nostalgia glasses. 1/2/3 aged like shit even with the REMake. Sloooooooow & tedious gameplay, lame puzzles, silly dialogue, mediocre boss fights. It was fun back in the day but the bar has been raised.

4 was perfect. We got Dead Space from 4.

I love all the RE games, each game has its own charm.

redpill me on RE3

its my least played game of the series besides dead aim

>likes Dead Space
That explains a lot.

It's a good game, but marked where the series started to feel stale. The only thing keeping it a good title was Nemesis himself and the fact he wasn't your usual durrr slow nigh-invincible stalker but rather a mother fucker that ran at you with a rocket launcher.

We need more of those in vidya.

"I'll always need you, but for now... I have this!"

>overly focused on planning the best route and inventory management
>Sloooooooow & tedious gameplay, lame puzzles, silly dialogue, mediocre boss fights
I'll give you a 6/10 because you did have me going until I read your posts a little more carefully.

Fuck you.
1-3 are great but RE4 is the best in the series.

RE6 was actually pretty good considering the whole point of RE was making the virus better.

Only bad part was how they cleaned up everything pretty fast in a 2 minute cutscene at the end and the world was back like nothing happened.

>tfw replaying RE2
>tfw that start of Leon's half
man, its just brutal

>re4 babby
kill yourself

OP is a troll. You know how I know it's a troll?

The rest of you retards should already know.

>too many kicks

Dead giveaway. None of the RE games had more kicks than RE4. Nice job falling for bait, dumbasses.

I'm not baiting. 1/2/3 were great back in the day but they aged man. It's difficult to play them after playing 4 which perfected the formula.

A fucking T-Rex made of bodies isn't a better virus; it's a bastardization of the hard sci-fi that RE1 and RE2 focused on making.
Actually, scratch that. The T-Rex wasn't made of bodies; Simmons just gained a shitload of mass out of nowhere.

Nice bait.

RE4 is still actually the best one tho.

I'd already determined it was bait but I didn't pick up on that line. I tend not to pay a lot of attention to posts that open with a shit opinion.

>re1-3
>lame puzzles
>re4
>perfect
yeah, 4's puzzles were garbage

You can't have the last boss to just turn into a regular grunt that you kill with 5 bullets my man.

Dude, you've already got people on the hook, take care of those guys instead of trying to coax the fish who already knows better.

I think he's saying that he doesn't like puzzles.

A Tyrant, Birkin, and Nyx (which is literally a giant T-cell) took more than 5 bullets, senpai.
He's wrong about 2 and 3, and right about 1 and 4.

It's bait. Whether he's wrong or right is entirely inconsequential.

Predictions on 7?

Will it be as good as they say?

How was the PT ripoff? Never played it myself.

I'm sure they'll fail to deliver.

It's bait that leads to interesting discussion. It's not like he called 6 and dead aim the best and everything else shit.
I'm guessing shit going by the (lack of) staff. Demos have a way of misleading people.

REmake > 4 > 2 > Code Veronica > Revelations 2 > 3 > 5 > 1 > Revelations 1 > 0 = 6

>1/2/3/CV are too slow, too tedious, overly focused on planning the best route and inventory management

It's odd because this is only true if you're bad at Resident Evil 2. Both runs make it incredible easy to breeze through without giving two shits about how you treat your items. Each typewriter has two ink ribbons right in front of it, they give you numerous more throughout the game, there's often an Item Box nearby so you don't have to carry them, and you rarely have to save twice at a typewriter, let alone once in many cases. The item boxes make it so you never really have to worry about carrying Key Items in your inventory as there's always one nearby where you would use a Key Item with the singular exception of the Valve Handle and the bridge. They always keep you in ammo, and with Leon, you could exclusively use the Magnum in both the A and B stories and still have enough ammo to breeze through the bosses, not to mention the Custom Shotgun makes it incredibly easy to sweep rooms and the Custom Handgun makes it so you never have to count your shots on stumbling a zombie.

Both Resident Evil 2 and 3 were a great mix of Survival Horror with enough action to always keep you on your toes. They'll keep you in more than enough ammo but they're not throwing it at you in enemy drops. You're always fighting but it's a fight to survive. You're a capable survivor but you're not suplexing crowds of equally strong villagers. The enemies are bloody, snarling, shuffling, daunting obstacles are your path out of the city, but the horror comes less from their design as much as the threat they pose to your survival.

Resident Evil - Remake is the best for Horror.
Resident Evil 4 is the best for Action.
Resident Evil 2 or 3 are the best for a mix.

>code veronica that high
>rev 1 that low
>outbreak not even present

I don't want a game that makes it seem longer because the shit you gotta do is so random and you don't get any clues on what to do.

>It's bait that leads to interesting discussion.
You mistake me for someone who gives a shit.

>I feel like these guys are too focused on what they're about
>This is a con
>People like this exist
you are part of the reason everything sucks

this guy gets it

Code Veronica is great. Revelations 1 is mediocre. Outbreak is a non-canon (I think) spinoff.

Resident Evil 7: Silent Hill

I'll still play it. Anything is better than that garbage 6. I forced myself to finish 6. Actually Leon's campaign wasn't too shit but overall the game was ridiculous. Finished it, put it back in the box, forgot about it, never played it again.

You play as Jake and Wesker is back.

It's set in a shithole country like Brazil.

Copy and paste formula from RE4

Would you?

Nope.

...Well, probably. I hate RE4 but it's still a good game.

Oh yeah I forgot there's ghosts in the demo.

Has there been ghosts in RE before?

Leon and Chris both had solid campaigns. Hell they were probably better than 5. Jake's campaign sucked though. Ada's was okay.

Outbreak is canon, user. In fact, it shows how Marvin got fucked up.
Outbreak is also like 5 mini-resident evils so how the fuck couldn't you love that.

Switch around 4 and two and put 0 infront of code veronica and you have superb taste.

Probably because it was as an online multiplayer game on a system that sucked at doing online multiplayer.

People say RE4 killed RE but based on the kind of horror games we've gotten for the past several years, I'd say it pretty much just killed survival horror. Now everything is at the two extremes of Dead Space and Amnesia.

For fuck shake, I loved the original 3, I'm just saying they aged poorly. There's a bunch of games I loved and played the shit out of that aged poorly. I understand the concept of "survival horror" means you can't shoot your way out of every situation. I feel like that's why 4 was so good - it did everything in moderation. Some areas took you completely by surprise and you ran out of ammo if you weren't careful. Others let you go rambo. In 1/2/3, you were always short on ammo so you knew you always had to evade or use your knife. 4 was unpredictable.

4 and 2 are debatable, but 0 was nowhere near CV. 0 went to shit as soon as you got off the train.

How in the FUCK did you run out of ammo in 2?
CV went to shit the second you met Alfred.

Wasn't Outbreak the one with the zombie elephants? Fuck that game. It was almost as dumb as 6.

Hey buddy if you wanna stick your dick in a mcflurry then alright but I promise you that you're not going to convince me. Just give up.

>zombie elephant in a zoo level
>fuck that game

not that user, but only ever played it offline, and apparently it was like a year after servers were shut down.

so yeah, and imo, since i cant beat it single player, it is pretty shitty
i still enjoy it, tho

Nah CV was solid the entire way through. It never got as bland and boring as 0's later sections.

>having a zoo level at all
Yeah fuck that game. I bet you defend 0's zombie frogs too.

I did like how zombies could break doors down. You never really felt safe, which was nice.

4 > 2 > CV > 3 > REmake > 1 > Revelations > 5 > 0 > Revelations 2 > Outbreak > Outbreak 2 > Dead Aim > DC > UC > M3D > 6 > Survivor > ORC > Gaiden > Survivor 2 > Umbrella Corps

But you can beat it single player. The game had an entire relation system built into it just for offline players. That's why Kevin is a dumb fuckwad when you play as Mark but George is the best AI buddy ever.

Watch out, we got a badass here!

I just started 0 for the first time. So far it's not bad. I feel like coop ruins the atmosphere. Coop made 5 fun but there's nothing "survival" or "horror" about it.

>implying I wasn't trying to survive sheva's tight arse while trying to ignore the horror of chris bara

unless you play as chris on hard in remake or 0 on hard there was NO ammo problems in any of the games provided you wernt shooting at a wall half the time.

and the original games havnt aged a day. nothing coming out tries to improve or copy what they did. nowadays a modern survival horror game basically means throwing gore around a linear hallway with maybe a few puzzles and item management sprinkled here or there. RE, that is to the classic ones where always equal parts action, puzzle solving, inventory management and exploration. the new ones are more like 80% action, 15-19% item management and 1-5% puzzles, usually down a linear hallway. that old school adventure aspect and satisfaction tends to be dead now.

Co-op just made Zero not very fun.

Yes, that is a meme.

None of them are bad IMO. Even 6 was a decent action game. 0 had its moments but it does go downhill after the train, the later portions are bland, and it doesn't come close to being as good as Code Veronica. 5 was an okay game but Sheva's AI is some of the worst ever programmed.

RE4 was pretty good, but Resident Evil Outbreak were the best in the series.

>HELP MUH PLEASE
>HELP MUH PLEASE
>HELP MUH PLEASE

Outbreak was a better game offline than it was online.

Ah yes, truly the contrarian's choice.

Try playing it, faggot. It plays like the older REs, puzzles and all. It also has a shitload of variety.

Do we all agree that Umbrella Corps was the best RE game of all time?

Enormous, flawless ballistics

BTW, while we are on this topic, Rev 2 in a nutshell:
youtu.be/KK8crbEGtjc?t=1m43s

not Asian enough 0/10

It also showed that some survivors of Racoon city played a small part in Umbrella's fall proving their part in the outbreak.

Outbreak was fun online. Its a shame Capcom never will make a File #3 or remake/port it over to PC.

Go play it, you won't get the full experience due to the servers being offline. It's like the older games, but with coop and a variety of characters to play as with their own skill sets.

Outbreak sucked online. I enjoyed the compotent AI more than I enjoyed constant quitting and Kevins blocking the door.

HOL UP

the REal question is:

what's the best RE doujin?

>not enjoying BEEEEG AMERICAN TITTIES

greatest tits ever in a game

Developer confirmed nothing in RE7 is supernatural.

RE4 a shit COCK NIGGER FUCK BABY BITCH, RUINED A FUCKING SERIES, RUINED A FUCKING GENRE, NEARLY DESTROYED SURVIVAL HORROR, GO BACK TO GEARS OF WAR BITCH.

Oh shut up, RE4 had more shooting to be sure but It still had those quiet creep moments.

The modern game's industry killed horror

Are u ok

Would overtime

How is Leon able to pull off that hairstyle?