Okay, niggers
Time to settle it once and for all.
Ninja Gaiden 2 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2?
because i dont know which one should i buy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kXHcqxgHiGw
youtube.com/watch?v=xbcMI0FjlBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get Xbox Ninja Gaiden 2 because that is the original vision of Itagaki.
You can try the Sigma version later even though it is considered worse

You should go with Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos.

>Itagaki and Valhalla inked a contract to work solely on Korean MMO and mobile garbage for the foreseeable future

If he wasn't such a cunt as a person, you'd kinda feel bad for Cookie.

Not op but I just read the wikipedia on the changes made to the game. Fuck the sigma version op, get the original.

He had a hard life

I certainly feel bad for him, dude is seriously good at his job, but I feel like his team isn't up to the task.

Is Sigma really that bad?
I don't really care about feelings of some random jap. I just want to know which one is more fun.

>yfw we will never get a remastered version of the original NGII that fixes the framerate and all the glitches because they originally lost the original source code

>>Originally lost the original source code.
How the fuck do you just go and lose source code? Also I know fuck all how that works, but what stops them from taking a game disc and pulling information off of it to use as source code? Wouldn't they be able to override whatever form of security the discs have on them?

>I don't really care about feelings of some random jap.
Son, he's not some random Jap. He is a true madman visionary
youtube.com/watch?v=kXHcqxgHiGw

>Kamiya passive-aggressively dismissing all the improvements Itsuno made to DMC without him
That's a little bitchy, Kamiya.

Holy shit I just realized I sold my x360 last week.
So Sigma 2 or 3 Razor's Edge?

razors to be honest

Ninja Gaiden Black

Japs don't have a good habit of keeping it for completed projects. Add to that the fact that their software guys are disorganized as all fuck in general, and there you go. This is actually a fairly common story, not an outlier.

As for why they don't use the game itself, decompiling generally produces a mess that may or may not(likely not) be something they can work with. And in any case, won't give them code back in the way they originally wrote it. They'd just wind up having to rewrite it all anyway.

probably better off with Sigma 1

Back in the day, Japanese devs would constantly trash talk each other, it was great. I think Itagaki said he tried DMC4 and didn't like that he tried all the button combinations but found that there were very few moves.
Kamiya says he respects Itsuno and says Itagaki is a nice man in person.

The one that's not censored. Seriously, I've never been triggered by censorship but replacing all the blood with pretty purple mist in a fucking NG game pissed me off.

Kink shaming is a weird thing to see coming from someone who based their main character on japanese shemale teacher archetypes.

fine

Kamiya and Itagaki used to take pops off at each other pretty often. Kamiya said that Ninja Gaiden '04 "never had that spark that made me want to play it", and Itagaki said that he thought Okami was pretentious garbage.

Also when Bayo came out, Itagaki also did the same thing to Kamiya as Inafune did to Okamoto when he left Capcom and made Genji, coming out with the old "he's a hack that doesn't know how to do anything but water down his old ideas".

Don't forget that when you are in combat and not attacking you should be constantly holding the block button. You can move around by pushing the stick to roll/dash. In combat it's best to dodge by holding block and moving the stick for every dodge instead of holding the stick in a direction and tapping block.

Sigma 2.

There's nothing to settle, Sigma 2 was a shitty, neutered port with some tacked on girl missions. NG2 is the definitive version.
You can spam this shit thread 100 times and the conclusion will always be the same.
Compare black and Sigma and you might have some kind of debate.

>decompiling
Shut up, just shut up.

That rivalry resulted in more interesting games than the absolute shitshow we have now. We need more competition and bantz between dev studios, like back with Quake 3 and UT.

There's nothing to settle. Sigma 2 is crippled version of original game with broken balance, stupid coop mission mode and removed content.

NG2 and NGS2 both have their share of problems, but over all NG2 is the better game.

>Lost the original source code

Gonna need a source for that, all we know is the TN modified the NG2 engine to make it work on PS3 for Sigma 2. It's possible that they have the NG2 engine as well as the NGS2 engine both intact.

Does Sigma 2 have any redeeming features?

infamously hard as balls trophies

Should I get NG sigma on vita?

I don't have the source, but I heard it online, but like how it was previously mentioned that Japanese developers tend to lose code and are disorganized it sounds plausible. You'd think there would be some sort of Ninja Gaiden collection by now.

There is this:
youtube.com/watch?v=xbcMI0FjlBg

Get the damn original. And prepare to rage your anus off.

The holy trifecta of madmen.

Not unless you can get it for literally anything else, or simply can't live without NG on a handheld.
The bow controls are unchangeably bound to the Vita's motion controls. It's even worse than it actually sounds, and since there are parts of the game that require extensive and accurate use of the bow, it makes parts of the game near unplayabe. It's awful.

Content, that is the one thing it has over vanilla NGII, more three playable characters and actual unlockable costumes, not fucking recolors like vanilla's.

>that is the one thing it has over vanilla NGII
You mean those removed weapons, enemies, encounters and test of valor?
>three playable characters
Only for one shitty chapter each and for shitty coop mode which is unplayable with AI. And those characters feels like shit anyway. Don't forget that proper solo mission mode is also removed.
>actual unlockable costumes, not fucking recolors like vanilla's
Oh yes, now I see. Definitely more content!

>ni**er

ignore and report. you fucking racist

Well, it made certain parts less bullshit, I guess. Like that fucking suicide bomber lava armadillo.

>You mean those removed weapons
Are you retarded? Not single weapon was removed from vanilla NG2 to Sigma 2, it adds weapons for fuck's sake, the Emma Fang.

The closest thing to "removal" would be making the explosive shuriken be an Ayane sub-weapon only.

YOU are retarded. Your whole ranged arsenal is removed in Sigma 2. You can't even UT with a bow.
>it adds weapons
Just one weapon, degenerate.

You're avatarfagging with a egoraptor video screencap, you are beyond retarded.

>In NGB Ryu is represented as an arrow on the map, that shows which way he's facing.
>In Sigma he's just represented as a dot

I don't understand

Seriously, taking out UTs for projectiles sucked. God knows why they felt the need to do that, Team Ninja remove the most arbitrary fucking things when they remake and port shit. Like removing New Game+ in NGB. What was the fucking point? It's even worse when there are unique weapons you can only get at te very end of the game, so you can only use them in those brief sections and I guess the challenges, but that's it.

>removing New Game+ in NGB
Yeah, that's one weird decision. Even more strange it was made when Itagaki still was around, so it's not one of stupid Hayashi's ideas.

Did Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma do anything about those shitty bosses in vanilla 2? Like the tunnel worm, ghost subway worm thing, and the two dragons?

It did, actually.
>the tunnel worm
Completely removed, IIRC
>ghost subway worm thing
Much easier
>two dragons
Reduced to just one dragon.

Also the lava armadillo was made less annoying to fight and removed the bullshit insta-kill promptless QTE. And the double armadillo fight was replaced with a boss from NG1.

So would getting Ninja Gaiden 2004 along with NGB be a good idea?
In addition to the fact that it's not as hard as NGB

Is Ninja Gaiden Sigma good? I have it on PS3, but I heard it's much worse than Black.

Yes but it also broke actually good bossfigts. Like Elizabeth is almost immune to flying swallow now and her grab will cost you around 175% of your health. Fucking think of it, it's beyond OHKO. It's fucking retarded.

Eh, NGB improves on the original in so many ways that you might as well just play that. Not having New Game+ sucks, but it's not completely terrible. I guess it'd be worth getting if you desperately wanted to play through the whole game with the Dark Dragon Sword or the lighsaber, but otherwise NGB is the better choice by a long way.

>Reduced to just one dragon
and you fight it on the ground

Nah, Sigma is very similar to Black. It's Sigma 2 which is significantly worse but still a good game regardless.

Get Ninja Gaiden 2 because it has solo missions. It pissed me off in Sigma 2 that I had to do co-op to finish all the missions.

>much worse
overstatement by blackfags

Sigma 1 is passable. Sigma 2 is significantly worse.

>bullshit insta-kill promptless QTE

BLAHK

>Also the lava armadillo was made less annoying to fight
Those are all actually some nice changes. What the fuck what Itagaki thinking with these shitty bosses. The armadillo is actually easy if you just keep throwing incendiary shurikens in its face, where the explosions do lots of damage and keep it in constant hitstun.
A lot of these bosses are easy, but they are just a waste of time. Constantly abusing long range UTs, firing UT arrows, and firing ninpo is just boring. I actually want to hack and slash at enemies.

>what was Itagaki thinking

Sigma pussed out on the use of blood and gore. I say Gaiden 2 on xbox

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying that it wasn't bullshit?

The only NG game with qtes is 3

What? In NGII, If you don't hold block during the Armadillo explosion cutscene, you get a game over and have to start from the top. How is that not a QTE?

Because ninpo also works

Didn't try that, interesting to know. Still a QTE though.

Did razors edge actually fix 3?

>blocking to not die
>qte
Next time you'll tell me attacking to kill enemy is qte.

Nah, it made it slightly less shitty.

Yes

I'm getting mixed responses.

>Post-boss cutscene
>No indication of incorporating gameplay, never mind an actual prompt
>Generic explosion the average action game hero just walks away from
>Nope, gotta block :-P
Nah, there's apologising for Itagaki and then there's faggotry. You crossed the line, sadly.

I did beat Razor's Edge on Master Ninja. You can trust me, it's still shit.

Oh, and obviously:
>Never used in the game before (or even the previous game)
>Never used in the game again apart from when the fucking Armadillo shows up again
This is not how you do game design.

>be like 13 and playing this game
>it's hard as fuck but I really enjoy it despite occasional rage
>like 2/3 of the way through the game
>save file corrupted

I didn't know if I should cry or throw the xbox out the window, anyway, is there any way I can play this game again without a ps3 or 360?

No

If you have a modded Xbox (if yours isn't it's really easy to mod it anyway) get the OG Ninja Gaiden DLC installers so you get some of the updates that were put into Black like the Lunar Staff. You also get the intercept move which was removed from the game because Itagaki thought it was incredibly overpowered. The enemies are still easily taken out by Flying Swallow so that's why NGB is still better than OG Ninja Gaiden + DLC

friendly reminder itagaki disapproves the sigma versions. don't get me wrong if you're a real fan you should play them both but black/2 are definitely the way they were meant to be played.

if I have a modded xbox is it worth getting the old version + those DLC installers?

damn, why don't they port this shit? one of my favorite games of the gen

There was nothing bullshit about this. You just Ninpo to survive it.

NG2 is such a painful casual filter. I could never beat it on Mentor.

Go for it, you can play every xbox game for free if yours is modded

No, I mean is there a reason to play the original version when I've only scratched the surface of Black?

>because that is the original vision of Itagaki.

>broken game
>glitches that cause you to restart a new save
>jellyfish mines
>water combat is bad
>twin armadillo fight
>scythe is broken
>incendiary shuriken spam
>ninja stairs (b-but the slow down makes it epic!)
>zedonius falls through the game's floor
>rod of trials glitch
>broken karma bugs

Yeah what a great game, literally the only thing it has on Sigma 2 is that it's not censored and that the return to Hayabusa village chapter doesn't have a butchered enemy count, otherwise Sigma 2 is a much better game.

Sigma 2 completely fucks whole balance because it can't handle as many enemies as vanilla. So you have bullshit like instakill grabs which is far worse than shuriken spam.

friendly reminder itagaki made devil's turd and considers it good

>can't handle as many enemies as vanilla
neither can the 360

It can handle more than PS3 though. Even in fucking cutscenes.

I don't know about your definition of QTE, but finishing the armadillo is just the obliteration technique used on regular delimbed enemies. It's kinda similar to DMC4's Nero buster moves (unless you're the kind of person who thinks that is a QTE too).
The block for the explosion is bullshit too, but it kinda makes sense (even though you can't block regular explosions from enemies) and uses the same block command.

Holy shit, vanilla 2 is the jankiest Japanese games I have played. Enemies will sometimes have their model vibrate in place (happened to Ryu once as well), an enemy clipped into the wall and the rest of the mob just disappear, and the game crashed once while I was in the shop

Finish Black and try out NG2 if you have a 360. Then either try out OG NG with DLC if you want more of a classic NG experience or NG3RE if you want to try the latest NG installment, but don't expect it to be as good as the Itagaki games.

I don't have a 360 unfortunately, just an OG Xbox + PS3.

>"bald and not gay"
if you read the entire thing you'll see its not him projecting insecurities out of nowhere but because people obviously attacked him for taking shots at itagaki for DOA and Rachel. not even defending Kamiya, I like Itagaki more but just saying people are idiots and will take things out of context to slander.

Such as? Are they any harder than the 360 achievements?

Nah, the pre-baked execution shit isn't a big deal. But the explosion is kind of ass. It's not a QTE, but it is pretty bullshit. I remember backing well away from it and thinking it wouldn't hit on my first attempt, but even though it doesn't actually look that big it still kills you. And it just seems obnoxious to have something like that right after killing what is arguably the most annoying boss type in the entire game.

>you'd think there would be a NG collection by now
why? TN is pretty different from most devs. They don't seem like the type to do this but I wish they would. If anything I could see it happening but not until next gen because all the reboots can be played on PS360 besides 04/black.

as always i'm here to say

WARNING: to anyone playing black on 360 be warned that if you ever remove your HDD the save data will be deleted. you can't copy it or move it from save management on the dashboard, only delete it so there is absolutely no work around.

this probably isn't an issue for most but just wanted to issue a warning before any user unknowingly accidentally has his saves erased like mine were.

damn
that's how hardcore the game is

I've removed my HDD with a NGB save file on it and it wasn't deleted, is it an issue with certain 360 models?
I guess you could try out NGS2 just to see what it's like. Although I would recommend buying a 360 to play NG2, it's what my friend did who had a PS3 and was stuck with Sigma 2 he also got to play Lost Odyssey and Ace Combat 6.

I'm not sure. Maybe the 360 has to be on for it to be deleted. All I remember is I took my old harddrive out and put it in my elite to play my old saves and they were gone. Googled the problem and found that out. Still boggles my mind because and makes no sense to me but I'm positive I had it happen to me. Maybe just a chance of happening, just be careful.