Gimme a diamond, meow!

Gimme a diamond, meow!

Why is that cat flying

FF9 thread?

So, who's Necron actually? Iifa tree's soul? God of death?

Why not?

Necron is basically the same concept as Nyx in Persona 3, he exists because people crave death, so the summoners had to seal him away. He can never be destroyed, only temporarily defeated or sealed.

Also, Vivi and Zidane die shortly after the ending, Vivi actually probably lives longer than Zidane does.

Is that confirmed outside the game, like, in an interview? This is actually the first time I heard about the summoners sealing Necron. Because when I was a kid I read this compelling theory that basically everyone's deader than dead after being hit by Kuja's Ultima, and were almost recycled into new souls because that's how souls work in FF9's universe thanks to Iifa tree. Zidane and co. basically say fuck it and challenge the system, which is Necron.

I know about Vivi's dying, but Zidane also?

How does Zidane die?

Shitty fan theory. Necron being sealed by the summoners is actually mentioned in the game, remember the big mural in the Summoner's village? That tells a story of a battle in the past and a sealing? That's Necron they're sealing, it's just such a minor fucking point that it's easy to miss even on a second playthrough.

Zidane is an angel of death type genome, Garland put life limiters on them because they're dangerous if they go rogue and they only have a purpose for a few years, once Terra is restored there's no place for them. Note that the only person who says Zidane doesn't have a limiter is Garland, in a speech where he's lying about pretty much everything else he says, and is sweating hard because he doesn't want Zidane to go fucknuts like Kuja did once he realises he's going to die within 4-5 years. It's clearly stated you need a soul to use trance, and a genome with a soul can't accept a Terran soul, so he's absolutely only useful as an angel of death. Mikoto is sort of ambiguous, but as she was ZIdane's direct replacement, it's safe to assume she was limited too, even though she acts like she's soulless a lot of the time.

I can give you a meatball if you want.
You want that meatball?

I always thought Necron wqs a Terran creation to harvest the souls of Gaia or some bull. Can't remember where it was mentioned, but the monster at the Iifa Tree and Necron worked together I'm both planes to harvest the souls more easily or something like that.

Sounds like you're mixing Necron ad Soulcage together in your memory.

I remember reading it somewhere, but it was probably a fan theory.

Vivi is already dead before the ending and Zidane does not die

>Vivi is literally in the ending movie
did you even play the game

>>Vivi is literally in the ending movie
No he isn't. The game says he died

FUCK OFF GIMMECAT

Vivi dies, but in the ending he has several "sons" who look exactly like him

I remember that mural. I thought they're talking about Ozma, because from what I remember, eidolon was formed of some kind of energy AND people remembering their form, hence every eidolon have their individual form because it's on the mural. Ozma's form is that of swirling something but emits strong energy, that's why the moogle warned you before you actually fight them.

Thats not him. Those are other black mages, the game says he passed away

this

Are you fucking stupid?

>Black Mages reproducing
>Black mages being produced after Brahne is stopped
>The creator of the Black Mages literally says he doesn't know how long Vivi will live, but as the prototype he can be sure he'll outlive all the others

Show me a screenshot of where this is stated.

Both Zidane, Kuja and Vivi have shit tier life expectancy.

Zidane wont live more than 30 years and Vivi wont live more than 10 or 15.

I don't if you're implying implications but your second point and third point,
>Black mages being produced after Brahne is stopped
>The creator of the Black Mages literally says he doesn't know how long Vivi will live, but as the prototype he can be sure he'll outlive all the others

The third point actually supports the second, Vivi may has time to learn how the production factory not unlike that machine from Dali Village to produce his offsprings, and maybe even teach them some superior black magics before Vivi actually died. Admittedly I pulled this from my sweet ass but it's quite probable.

Necron doesn't give a shit about harvesting souls. He just wants to return the world to nothingness.

He had only a few years to live

I don't need a bunch of fairies' blessing to kill Ozma when I got Vivi, Doomsday and Return Magic!

They are, the guy you're replying to is wrong.

It was the "I read it on gamefaqs so it must be true" theory.

Did you say fairies?

And what makes me right? I mean, that's the only hint about Ozma, and his answer about it actually about Necron is just as interesting.

This is the subquest I got stuck on between moving dorms and ultimately never got back to.

When I think of FFIX I think of the friendly monsters.
I never did fight Ozma.

All hints point toward ozma, none to necron.

Just as interesting, maybe, but far less likely.