3>1>2>V>4>5

3>1>2>V>4>5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKJekzRHiUU
youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was it really called 5 at one point?

Peace Walker may have been a shit portable game with terrible boss fights and grinding up the ass, but at least it had gameplay and didn't rape the fuck out of the series story. 4 is the worst.

Objectively correct.

1 > 3 > 2 > V > Peace Walker > Shit > 4

it is 5

the real problem is the retards who think V stands for 5

Fact: people who say MGS4 is the worst in the series are just fags who didn't play it an only watched stuff on Youtube

No, I played it and it's still the worst in the series. The gameplay drops off a fucking cliff after Chapter 2 and, while the story has its moments, it's filled with nonsensical technobabble and inane character motivations which brings it down.

switch 2 and 4 and you're there. 4 at least has some good parts

(you)

Try coming up with an actual counterargument next time, faggot.

Yeah, but Konami made them drop the 5 early on when they decided that they didn't want the next numbered entry on a handheld.

>The gameplay drops off a fucking cliff after Chapter 2 and, while the story has its moments, it's filled with nonsensical technobabble and inane character motivations which brings it down
You literally just described MGSV.

There is no way in hell 4 is better than Peace Walker. Hate the mission design, okay that's valid. But 4 is completely fucking awful and goes on too long.

Kojima wanted it to be 5 and there was bumper-stickers or whatever printed with 5 for Peace Walker. Konami or KojiPro employees convinced him not to do that since the title was on PSP. So it dropped it. By all accounts it is 5 in regards to the canon. Port Ops is jettison'd from the canon.

Nice meme bro

I hope you continue to harvest (You)'s

I got the Legacy Collection and I've finished 1, 2, 3, and 4 last week. I'm doing PW now but it seems pretty bad compared to the others, can I just skip it and go straight into V?

kill yourself on camera please

MGS4 may not be great but saying it is completely awful is going quite far.

MGSV has different problems, namely the lack of character development for anyone besides Huey, inconsistent character motivations, the majority of missions being filler having next-to-nothing to do with the overall story, the repeated missions during Chapter 2, and ending.twist having literally no build-up, all the important character interactions being contained to just post-game tapes, and the unnecessary open world.

It's hard for me to say which is worse between 4 and V, I'd lean towards V right now but that's probably because it's still fresh in my mind, need more time to sit on it before having a valid opinion.

No, you should play it before GZ. It's the most comfy Metal Gear game.

post a timestamp of your copy right now

Peace Walker my most favorite game in series

Coop was damn fun + so much content in this game, it's so comfy

UGH FINE
is it at least a short game

>normal

post your passport and a photo of your mum/sister right now

>Implying I hadn't been hyped since the very first trailer in 2005.
>Implying I wasn't telling everyone how great it was going to be.
>Implying I didn't play it all through in the first couple days of release.

Get fucked m8. MGS4 is garbage.

Not him, but I loved all games

V was a little disappointment for me honestly, but I still love it.

>after chapter 2

4's gameplay makes up for the trashy story. PW is abhorrent on every front,- gameplay especially.

2>1=3>>V>4>PW

BITE ZA DUSTO

I heard it was actually like.. right before the initial announcement that they changed the title. I thought those cards were actually spotted at the E3 or something.

1 > 3 > 2 > V > 4 >PW

PW > V

new Sup Forums cant commit suicide soon enough!

But unlike PW, V is actually fun to play. I cannot understand your train of thought.

>implying PW is not fun
>V is fun
>less content than PW is fun
>unfinished games are fun
>grinding in real time and facebook tier microtransactions are fun
>no boss fights is fun

I should actually be grateful PW doesn't have the cancerous fanbase V attracted. So yeah. Stick to V user!

Help, Sup Forums.
>PW
>Just beat Zadornov Search 6
>Only Extra Ops left are super hard boss ones
>Only have 2-star rocket launchers
>Just fired all C staff from MSF

What the fuck do I do? I haven't unlocked the S-Rank extraction missions yet. Do I just grind Fulton Extraction ops because I fucked up?

Y'all are fucking retarded.

3 > 1 > 2 > PW > 4 > Rising > utter dogshit > Uncharted 4 = Metal Gear Solid V

>What the fuck do I do?

have fun

>go on date missions
>monster hunting missions

Revisit all the missions and get the stuff you couldn't before, documents etc.

Listen the best tapes.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKJekzRHiUU

This

Also, I'm still mad you cant get selfies with the idroid like they teased.

I'm mad about the entirety of Chapter 1 more, but to each his own. God knows MGSV had more than just one problem.

I'f we had to make a list about all the things that went wrong we'd be here all year.

There's a silver lining though, V was so bad it killed my interest in the franchise completely. I went "NOPE" and just disregarded any thought of V being canon.

Now I just sip on a variety of beverages and laugh at people getting triggered at Konami for trying to jew. Like, what the fuck were you expecting them to actually do?

hmm
mgs4's isn't that bad
mgs3 was a bit worse than mgs2

>doing things becaues people on the internet tell you to
jesus user

>Uncharted 4 = Metal Gear Solid V

>rising below 4
I haven't transferred my files to my new computer, but just pretend I posted the image of patrick holding a hook

Rising is over in a few hours and overall doesn't have much content. It's a great game but it doesn't automatically rise above 4 because you didn't like that one Meryl and Johnny scene, or because the cutscenes were too long.

oh fuck I forgot about that

I got triggered

I can count the number of good scenes mgs4 had on one hand
1. BANG! GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS!
Just because mgs4 has more content than rising doesn't mean it isn't dogshit.

They're both great games. Kill yourselves.

Portable Ops is better than V

youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w

No shit. Ghost Babel is better than V.

Survive is obviously the best Metal Gear game by far

MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS > Revengeance > MG2:SS > MGS4 > PW > MG1 > MGSV

>mgs4
>great game

Metal Gear Duty: Crystal Zombies is the best in the series

You say that like GB is a bad game.

Peacewalker could be the definitive metal gear experince if it wasn't lacking gameplay control elements which they had to strip to make it a psp title.

It's a shame that a new portable title won't be happening.

Don't be stupid.
Metal 4 Gear 2urvive is going to be the best.

Keep an open mind :^)

Do they ever explain in some dialog why a not that big helicopter can hold like 30 soldiers in Peace Walker?

You are now aware that MGS4 was ported to iOS as an on-rails shooter.

they pick em off one by one and go back to mother base

Mother Base was really close in the AO of PW

So what changed?

Story wise
3>1>2>4>pw>v

Okay, what was your first game in series?
Favorite game?
Favorite boss fight or moment?

My first game was 4th
My favorite game is Sons of Liberty and favorite moment from there too. (pic related)

>he played the games out of order

I didn't like it at first because of the drastic change to gameplay, but I learned to enjoy it later. Too bad the grind is so fucked up.

nothing

>PW
>Better than anything

It was a shitty grindfest, with horrible "bosses" that went on way too long. The plot is perhaps on par with 4's, but everything is just plain bad.

Portable Ops needed a less shit control scheme and more stages that weren't exactly the same.
>stage is a square
>has some generic buildings in it that look the same
>please reach X

MG is full of great moments

I still remember myself playing the endgame of MGS2 and be completely amazed by seeing my name on the dog tag

someone you know?

Metal Gear is objectively a bad game.

First is 3rd
Ghost Babel is fav
Everything after Raiden gets captured near the end of MGS2 is the best moment

Well I was 13 and I was taken by hype train.
I didn't understand shit back there, but lover gameplay. After 2 months I sold game and never touch anything from series until 2012 I guess.

Yeah, I fucked up big time

>total play time: 19 hours

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

3 > 4 > PO > 2 > 1 > MG2 > MG

PW's fanbase is worse than V's, what the fuck are you talking about. At least people who prefer V see it's flaws, you PW fags eat shit and call them positives.

V's lack of bosses fucking sucks, but shooting rockets at a fucking tank for literally 20 minutes isn't much better.

Wow look tanks what a cool boss!
Wow I can develop tacos and fuck Kaz how cool is this!
Wow I can grind experience points for hours to aim better and unlock better weapons how cool!
Oh man I can have loading screens every 5 feet, nonexistant enemy ai, shit stealth mechanics, and an uninteresting story told through comic book art!

Why do you consider 3 the best story-wise? If anything, 2 is the best story-wise.

PW is full of cool shit unlike V

also when will the grinding meme die?

did you even play V? Enjoy waiting 6 REAL TIME days for the new gun!

Unless you want to BUY DEM MOTHER BASE COINS GOY

>elisa's death

FUCKING SPOILER GOD DAMN IT

also nice quads

Was it good move from his side?

The grinding to deploy Zeke is real tho, which is a requirement for the jpop ending.

how is ground zeroes above peace walker?

Don't get me wrong.

V was shit. It ranks just second to last next to PW on my MGS scale. But at least V was fun for a while, before the truth set in. PW never had a portion that was remotely enjoyable.I got to maybe that first Helicopter battle in the jungle and realized how shit of a game it was. Ugly textures, boss battles that drag on way too long, unfun missions, the only thing PW does better is Story and Voice acting.

I hate V and how much it disappointed me, but at least it was fun enough to bother to finish. I have no interest in going back to PW.

Survive>V>4>2>1>3

>The grinding to deploy Zeke is real tho

no

The grinding for his AI is the real shit. Never did it. You dont really need it though.

It all comes down to

PW had content

V was empty as fuck

All they had to do was make PW 2.0, instead they made a facebook game with the GZ engine.

better gameplay in 6 or so missions than in all of pw

But V is PW 2.0. It borrows from that style of gameplay moreso than any of the others in the series.

You're truly overestimating whatever 'facebook game' crticism you're attributing to the game. Yes it has micro transactions but they aren't at all a big part of the game. If anything V IS PW with microtranactions and better graphics and non shit bosses (because it has none).

I really liked VIP rescue mission

>But V is PW 2.0
>less is better now
>defending micro transactions in single player games

can I work for Konami's marketing department too?

>But V is PW 2.0.
It would be if every single mechanic lifted from PW wasn't objectively worse or straight up unfinished.

why the fuck can i truthfully rank GZ over V?
theres no way i should be able to.
i think of GZ and i think of video game magic, all that hype in this preview, and coming from PW, the gameplay was actually good and fun to play
i think of V and aside from all of the disappointment, the gameplay was nice but the missions, plot, and story all ring hollow
where characters have no personality and Miller is the only one with emotions

1>V>3>4's gameplay sequences>2>4's movie sequences>shit>PW

I meant how do I beat the bosses, but you did spur me to go get an S rank on the Paz date.

PW's bosses were thematically weak, but they played fine for a MGS game.

Daily reminder that any criticism of PW's controls, boss battles, graphics, bad AI, shit level design, numerous load screens and grinding are all invalid because it has pooyan and dinosaurs and is therefore the best in the series.

>this is how PW fags actually think.