How exactly was blowing up Earth part of "keeping his promise" to Maria?

How exactly was blowing up Earth part of "keeping his promise" to Maria?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Grqwh9jgdOM
youtube.com/watch?v=fzTItNHFC94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He promised Maria that he'll get revenge on humanity

"Because death can only be forgiven with death"- t.hedgehog

isn't he a genetic clone of an alien?

Ayyyyyy

because he comically misinterpreted that she wanted a holocaust from her goodbye

His mind was actually pretty fucked up during the course of the game, it wasn't until much later on his memories sorted themselves out, and realised Maria wanted him to not hate humans for what they did, rather than promising to eradicate humans.

I could probably look up the relevant cutscenes on YouTube to back this up.

*t.edgehog

BUT DURING THE STONE AGE!

why not

Do you like his design? Be honest.

why is the ultimate lifeform a black hedgehog?

yesthe air shoes are cool

It's a bit on the edgy side, but I like it overall.

dude wears rocket shoes
what's not to like?

not really but it could have been a lot worse according to his early concept art

It's better than what we could have gotten.

Because he's an oc donut steel tier character

>it's sonic but black
>some edgy ass backstory about being bitter and angry and wanting to kill everyone and also he's super powerful and faster than sonic and and and....

Even with alien help and reading ancient inscriptions why did Gerald go from a lizard to a hedgehog.

Somebody post the Obama edit

I already liked his design, but I suddenly appreciate it a lot more

gerald was tampering with his memories since gerald wanted shadow to help blow up the earth, which is what gerald wanted

I think

Maybe he got enchiladas and hedgehogs confused after doing research in the mystic ruins

damn, bullet dodged.

those can't be real

The other designs actually make a little more sense plot wise for sa2

Soooo.. are they ever going to interact ever again?

06 was the last time, and even then they barely talked to one another.

You got this sanic

You really are persistent, Mitt Romney. But you know, I can't let you become the President.

They were based off the mural of perfect chaos and super sonic

doesn't change the fact that they look stupid as shit.

There must have been a way to make him look like Sonic without taking Sonic and putting shit on top.

Holy shit

But don't you love all the new "fresh" games that solely focus on three characters and "classic" gameplay that they've been shitting out for the past number of years?

oh wait that makes sense

HOW DID THIS GET PAST QUALITY CONTROL

No, he was created using the chaos emeralds as well as Black Dooms blood.

>shades

EVEN COOLER

The final boss of Generations was incredibly rushed if the clusterfuck that is Time Eater is anything to go by.

He would be so much better if he had Sonic's skin colour instead of the yellow/brown one
Pretty sure some games did it right

Oh god

SA2B has one of the worst plot I've ever seen in a video game that is supposed to have a plot.

>Ok so I'm in a city
> Ok now I'm on a facility in the middle of an ocean and apparently they're launching a rocket in space
>Ok now I'm in a rainforest
>Pyramids now ?! How did I end up here ?
>Now I have to save the fucking president of the fucking United States from I don't even know what
>Ok so now I'm in space

How was all of that fucking related

Still a decent game but God was the plot terrible.

Sonic is fast, he can go wherever he wants. Would you rather have a sonic game that takes place exclusively in a city?

>Edgehog: I made a promise to Maria to hate humanity.
>Maria's Ghost: No, help. HELP humanity
Is basically what happened.

Mr. President, please no running in the halls.

maybe you should try watching the cutscenes

I agree lol

No, but the links between the levels were hardly ever explained, that was the problem. Knuckles and Rouge levels didn't really need any connexion, we knew they were roaming all around the universe looking for the fragments of the chaos emerald. But Sanic and Shodow levels just popped out of the blue every fucking time

dude, you're completely out of order
>sonic escapes the city but gets caught
>sonic is thrown into prison on metal harbor, escapes
>wind up in the forest of prison island, escape
>tails and sonic stop the president's limo for some reason i still can't understand
>knuckles finds the location of eggman's secret base where he has his space shuttle, in the pyramid
>the crew hijacks it and then they're in space
it's literally a plot for kids, i'd at least expect you to understand a percent of it

For you

They stop the limo to see where Eggman is transmitting his threats from.

>Ok so I'm in a city
explained, Sonic got caught by the government being surrounded with nowhere to run and escaped from the helicopter they were keeping him on, come on this was in the intro to the damn game.
>Ok now I'm on a facility in the middle of an ocean and apparently they're launching a rocket in space
Sonic got captured again after encountering MDL Big Foot and Shadow and getting surrounded again, Metal Harbor was how he got to Green Forest after Amy frees him from Prison.
>Ok now I'm in a rainforest
explained above
>Pyramids now?! How did I end up here?
Knuckles found Eggman's pyramid base after following Rouge and going off pure assumption (and probably the dozens of Eggman heads scattered throughout the pyramids)
>Now I have to save the fucking president of the fucking united states from I don't even know what
Dr. Eggman wanted to take over the United States and was planning on firing the Eclipse Cannon at the country if the president refused.
>Ok so now I'm in space
Once again to stop the Eclipse Cannon before it literally destroys the planet because Shadow wanted to take revenge on humanity

For all it's worth, at least SA2 was made when SEGA was trying not to have a fuckton of plotholes and retarded characters like Princess Elise in their stories.

well shit, that makes sense
i haven't played the game in a while, i should dust it off someday

I got the thing even when I played the game, I was about 10 back then, but I already found it pretty stupid. It just seemed they wanted to make all kind of different environments for the different levels that any excuse was good to switch from a harbour to a rain forest, and then to ancient egypt and then to space. When you think about it for one second it just doesn't make any sense. Even you admit that they had to stop the president's limo for no obvious reason. They just wanted to include a racing level in the game. An awful one, btw.

youtu.be/Grqwh9jgdOM

I AM THE ULTIMATE LIFE FORM

He's slower than Sonic, hence why he needs the jet skates to keep up.

SA2 has a map you know.

So why did Shadow have the best storyline in 06?

youtube.com/watch?v=fzTItNHFC94

They were shown in some Japanese sonic stream for his anniversary.

you never see sonic travel between the different zones in the original games but nobody gave a fuck about that

>Sonic trashes Metal Sonic yet again
>Eggman is fed up with his inferior robot sonic
>Decides to create an organic duplicate instead
>Clones sonic
>Cloning machine is powered by chaos emerald
>Shadow is born
>Hardwired for evil obedience
>Shit goes south, rebels against eggman
>Acts on his own now
>Still fucked in the head

Would that be a better origin story than the clusterfuck that he currently is?

Don't blaim yourself, it's explained pretty poorly.

>When you think about it for one second it just doesn't make any sense.

Metal Harbor and Green Forest are on the same damn island.

They return to the city to figure out what the fuck is going on, but then Eggman issues his threat. They scramble to find the President's limo in order to figure out where Eggman is transmitting from.

They fly to the pyramids in the Tornado.

because he kicked silver in the fucking cranium

Anyone got the Overwatch "I've found you, faker!" images?

I don't remember Shadow's story, I know mephiles was there but I don't remember why he existed at all

If they didn't chase the president's limo down there was absolutely no way sonic and his friends could've known about the space colony ark which sets up the entire climax for both stories and the last story

>list of settings is a plot

Mephiles was cool. Barely had to deal with any princess shit.

>Sonic Free Riders

gross

The lizard was horribly incomplete and designed with his own healing inventions. It was only immortal because it had massive life support gear fused into it's body. Shadow however was engineered using alien cells that made him immortal all on his own. Since he doesn't need to have a fuck huge life support system on him, Gerald can make him look however he'd like and in that case, he based Shadow off of the legendary savior in the Angel Island mural.

Gerald messed with his head, so he remembered that Maria got killed without remembering that he promised to protect the earth.

Him remembering is the whole reason he goes good for the end of SA2.

Was this the same as Sonic Riders?
I remember enjoying it on the Wii

It's also why Shadow has the edgier shape. His spines are naturally shaped to look like Super sonic. When they transform, Sonic's spikes take the same shape and Shadows remain the same.

>Shadow off of the legendary savior in the Angel Island mural.

what? from Sonic 3? if true.. that's pretty cool.

Free Riders was the Kinect game.

what the fuck

He's edgy, but the entire concept of artificial rocket boots to put him on par with Sonic's Speed is just something I cannot hate. I love it.

I don't fucking get it. What purpose do a giant lizard and a black hedgehog have in being the "ultimate lifeform"? Like, what are their qualities?

That part is fanon, but there's nothing that contradicts it since Gerald did study enchilada civilization.

see
Yup, you already know that he was studying them extensively to learn about chaos emeralds and how to properly harness them. The mural in Sonic 3 was down the hall from the Chaos emerald chamber. And Shadow's design is really close to Super Sonic but made out of black alien cells instead of golden.

Immortality?
It's been ages since I played Shadow the hedgehog but I recall the goal for his creation being to cure someone from cancer with his immortality cells

They can use chaos control, Sonic didn't even know how to use it until right at the last minute

He looked good on GameCube/PS2 one. This is how he looked on the Wii in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. I like this design as well.

Free Riders was the 360 Kinect one that sucked.

What's Chaos Control actually do?
Teleportation?

see
Gerald's initial attempt at immortality was developing powerful healing technology. Biolizard was a 'prototype perfect life form' because he gave it a self sustaining life support system to make it immortal. But it's fucking huge and clunky and really only can be carried around on a fuck huge lizard.

Shadow was bio engineered from aliens that already got immortality, so Gerald was free to make the new life form anything he wanted, so he picked a mythical hedgehog from the echidna murals he saw while studying chaos emeralds.

>top left
>we almost got dichromatism mysterious scar shadow with a fucking collar

see

it can do anything the plot demands

It warps space and time. Sometimes it's just teleportation, sometimes it's super speed, and sometimes it's time travel. But the last one only comes up in 06.

at first i thought that was a sonic/silent hill photshop

it controls chaos

I will never complain about Shadow again after seeing that.

this

He probably was tasked with creating a weapon and he used that chance for the whole immortality thing. I mean wasn't the ARK used for military weapon development or something?

So wait why the fuck did the miltary even glass the ARK anyway?

Research facility.

I'm honestly tired of it.