Why does this game get so much hate? It's actually quite good

Why does this game get so much hate? It's actually quite good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bg6YaqD-QUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, its not.

Have you even played it?

With review score inflation, 80% means it's mediocre. Not the other user but no, it's not good, and yes, I have played it.

>basing it on the critics score
>ever
Confirmed for shit taste.

You and the rest of Sup Forums just got BTFO

Seriously? People like ESO more than bloodborne outside of Sup Forums? I always knew Sup Forums had shit taste but damn.

I'm not the one who posted a Metacritic screenshot. All I can tell you is, I played ESO and it was trash. And if you are going to look at Metacritic, then user score is a contest of who has a bigger chip on their shoulder, and the critic score works on the 60-100 scale.

>I played

There's your problem. Game has changed a lot.

Not OP, played beta, liked it but not enough to pay for it. Went F2P, picked it up, still didn't like it much. Recently started again, and they added literal tons of stuff that should've been there in the beginning. I'm actually enjoying myself quite a bit now. Don't know what the fuck to play, but it's a proper game to spend your sunday on.

Stop judging a book by its cover, or a continuously updated game by the past.

And paid reviews ruin any chance that the critics reviews are ever valid. Its harder to pay random people by the hundreds and thousands, which is why user reviews are always more valid. Checkmate. ESO is good and you have bad taste in vidya.

B2P, not F2P

I'm good with any MMO that has a narrative PVP instead of just arenas. Planetside 1, DAOC, and Lineage 2 were my Jam.

Right, forgot about that completely since I've had it for so long.
Honestly I'm waiting 'til next update (patch 11, I think?) to start playing for realsies again. It implements level scaling across the board. I have a bunch of DLC I'm afraid of playing because it'll drop me back on my main quest, completely overleveled.
Also, dueling.

I played it during beta and then at some point after it was renamed "Tamriel Unlimited." It's basically not very good as an Elder Scrolls game, because the writing and voice acting are Skyrim-tier but it loses the immersion because of the MMO stuff (multiple heroes saving the world in exactly the same way you are), and it's not a very good MMO, at least in the sense that everything involving crafting and player trading was surprisingly bad.
So maybe it's possible that updates made it a completely different game, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whatever helps you sleep at night.

Hell yeah, narrative PvP is my jam.
>playing ESO
>see a group of people come over a hill
>by myself so i stealth behind a rock
>notice one is low level, not coordinating with with the rest of the group.
>group finishes wasting some other player, all but the straggler noob mount up and begin to ride away
>sorcerer the shit out of that motherfucker before he can escape to the saftey of the herd

So fucking satisfying.

is it still a third person skill based system?

Undaunted quests fixed this a bit, but the leveling experience, while fun, is pretty lackluster in the MMO-element.
Player trading is still done through guilds, which is a confusing system that requires addons to be somewhat accessible. I don't like it either. Crafting itself is pretty cool, though.

It's a fine MMO on its own, the biggest problem is it plays like a singleplayer until max level, then it becomes a group experience.

I honestly just like jumping around, finding chests, finding thief chest (dlc, though), and pickpocketing npcs.

Yup. Don't bother healing first-person. First-person is a fun addition to the game to use for 5 mins max, before you decide it's dogshit except to take screenshots or make videos.

Every MMO is multiple heros saving the world in exactly the same way you are. Literally all of them. Crafting is fucking great, i dont know what you are talking about. While i will admit player trading isnt the greatest it still works well enough to accomplish the task of trading items between players.

First person has its uses, mostly when you are indoors trying to pick up specific objects, it helps with immersion while leveling too. But in high level content and PvP its fairly useless.

This sounds like people's defense of Final Fantasy XIV: oh yeah, it gets good after a hundred hours. Crafting is heinous because the trading system is heinous, and you don't get enough inventory space for it. Provisioning in particular makes me want to die, by which I mean stop playing.
The other thing that's really bad about crafting is, you can get all the gathering skills, so then the sheer number of gatherable nodes out in the world really destroys the flow.

Yes, every WoW-derived MMO has the everyone's-the-same-hero thing. Which is why MMOs can't be immersive, they only work as social experiences. But that means that ESO is Skyrim minus the immersion, which is probably the worst video game pitch I could imagine.

It is pretty good but sometimes it's just cooler to hate things than to like them.

Lack of dueling is the main reason i stopped playing in the first place, sure you can go to cyrodil and find duel groups but fuck that shit. When they add it i will almost certainly come back to ESO.

I'm not defending anything. I'm enjoying the game, you didn't. We're both explaining why.
As for inventory space / all gathering skills, who put a gun to your head to level them all? I ignored provisioning totally on my second playthrough. Made things a lot easier.

Yeah it's confirmed. Wonder which areas are going to serve a dueling grounds, like Ironforge/Org in vanilla WoW.

>MMO
>a genre especially known for encouraging addictive behavior and requiring both a large time and money investment
>gets good reviews from all the fans who are compelled to defend their life choices

It's not indication the game's good, it's just textbook rationalization. The game does nothing you can't find in another MMO, and you're really only playing it for the watered down TES aesthetic (or Skyrim gameplay, if you're one of the many who got into the series last gen).

Could like ff14, except all the faggots here who only want to recruit for their game only for fucking erp reasons. Fuck off /vg/

>actually

I've actually never heard an opinion worth a shit that includes this word.

WoW is much better than this shitty game, why would you get it with Legion right around the corner?

How does it ruin the immersion? Them doing the same quests doesnt effect you due to phased quest objectives and any important story elements were solo instanced. From the players perspective the only thing you see other players doing while questing is fighting trash mobs, which fits the whole "player is the superhero" theme just fine. Theres no reason some random citizen or gladiator couldnt waste a few spiders along side the protagonist. I think they handled the immersion aspect better than any other MMO ive played.

Bizarre semantics aside, why would you think it's good to limit yourself in that way, if the mechanics don't enforce it?

Because, and this is the same thing HMDfags get wrong, it's not actually possible to suppress the knowledge that you're playing an MMO and those figures running around killing trash mobs are players doing the same quest you are.

>The game has to strap me down, else I'm clicking all the things.
Each their own playstyle.

youtu.be/bg6YaqD-QUg

I THOUGHT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT LITERALLY ANY TES BUT ONLINE

>any video game
>not encouraging addictive behavior
Nigger thats the entire basis for video games as a form of media

>requiring large time investment
Nobody puts a lot of time into something they dont enjoy unless they are a masochist or somethig

>requiring a large money investment
ESO is B2P and doesnt cost more than any other game. You dont even need to buy the DLC to be competitive.

You never even played it, you are just jumping on the hate wagon and justifying your own taste in games because you have grandoise delusions and can never be wrong.

Well by that logic you could say that every games immersion is ruined because i am aware that there are thousands of other people playing the same game i am in the same way.

The hate is just a meme. It's the top 3 MMOs. With ff and wow. Everything else is just on a lower level. These are your only choice if you did want to get into an MMO right now.

It's basically guild wars with a scrolls theme. Inb4 butthurt opinions

I'm playing it right now, just started and I already like the questing more than any other recent MMO.

No idea what the fuck I'm doing I want to be a tank though. Right now I'm killing everything I see and liberated the orc village from filthy necromancers.
if anyone wants to play together feel free to add me

Huh, my brother just asked me if this game was cross platform and I looked it up and turns out it's not. That's pretty stupid in itself, makes me think there's other dumb ideas thrown into the game

I feel like guild wars 2 used to be on par with the top three aswell until they completely ruined the trait system and everything just continued to go downhill after that until the game crashed into the smoldering heap of shit that HoT and F2P has made it into today.

But thats just like, my opinion man

Cross platform has failed with almost every game i can think of except rocket league. Its a good thing they didnt go cross platform, it kills every game it touches because keyboard and mouse is a much more accurate input system than controllers and console players get wrecked. That equals nobody playing on console and losing a good chunk of the market.

I played this game from the beginning to about a year ago. Only reason I quit was because i had to go make a life for myself (youngfag) and now that I'm finishing AIT in the Army I'll be bring my PC with me for the first time in a year.

The only thing (besides the es universe) that the game had going for it was pvp. The pvp was fucking great and was the only saving grace the game had once you got through the quests/grind. I spent 2000+ hours that first year/year and a half, had my little striped senche and all. Game had it's own issues, but honestly none of you fuckers know about them because you never got past lvl 10 before u knew everything qbout the game and quit.

Well no, its not. ESO is better than WoW in my opinion, and many other peoples. Also, i dont have to pay $15 a month to play ONE game. People rip on console players for paying $5 a month but WoW players are the OG jew cucks. Its not like i cant afford it, but i just cant justify throwing money at blizzard monthly when WoW is the product i get in return.

Being poor and not being able to play the objectively better game doesn't make your shittier one any better.

Other MMOs can do it why not ESO? FFXIV has cross platform and the only hard thing us playing with people on ps3, but you still have the chance of running into someone on a toaster pc. Plus, are you really going to say that kb+m is that much better than a controller for an elder scrolls game?

I can almost guarantee i make more money than you or either of your parents. The $15 dollars a month is more of a priciple issue than a financial one and its priciples like that that got me to the point that i can say the previous sentence with confidence. Ive played WoW on well scripted private servers and got to max level full PvP gear. ESO is better.

For a regular elder scrolls game no but for ESO? Yes. I own the game on PS4 and on PC and i can tell you the mouse and keyboard controls for this game are objectively better by a large margin.

Have you?
That is a stupid question, no one here can prove that they have, the only thing that can be discussed are objective flaws and merits.
And a MC score is worthless as well, because "eat shit, millions of flies canĀ“t be wrong".

>ESO is better than WoW in my opinion, and many other peoples
And many more people are convinced that WoW is better, are you going somewhere with conjuring player count as an argument?

I can prove you havent played it. What class did you play?

Yeah just ignore the actual arguement and cherry pick one piece of the post to try and say im wrong. Its an opinion of mine with a relevant fact preceding it. Are you seriously trying to argue against an opinion? Because thats some next level retard.