TWELVE YEARS

This "transformation" has taken twelve years. What have we got? Shit over-exposed over-contrasted lighting and trying to cram everything into too small a resolution space.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/BYcWsUGgnxf9vmPCc6auqg/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Six years. Just six years.

What the fuck happened to human ingenuity?

Which game is on the left?

Glover 2

>cherrypicking

that's what you get for wanting cinematic shit

come talk to me when you wanna talk about the actual gameplay

consoles.

This excuse is a meme. Lazy developers and greedy publishers is the right answer.

there's literally nowhere to go
we're at a plateau
older games had rough edges, now even the lowest settings look beautiful

My Butler

Maybe what happened was "cultural enrichment" you know back when genesis, snes and pc had different architectures/hardware how games were unique? Now that they all have PC parts inside they are just holding back PC games.

Perhaps due to devs hiring high quality marketing teams and outsourced production to affordable sweatshops

>says this while there are more than hundred of million of totally toaster PCs used for gaming

B-B-BUT I-I-I-I-IIT IS CON--N-N-N-N-NSOLES F-F-F-FAULT

>can tweak settings to play on said old pcs

SUPERCHARGED PC

The constant push for graphical fidelity pisses me off the most.

Can't we just say that late 2000's graphics are good enough and spend all that money and resources on making better games with MORE features and not LESS?

>devs see statistics of on which settings most PC gamers play
>most of them are running games on total toasters
>devs have then no reason to make games that look even more amazing because like 5 guys can play them
>still consoles fault

I-I-I-I-I-IT IS C-C-C-CONSOLES F-F-F-FAULT, W-W-W-WE ARE M-M-M-MASTER RACE

Holy shit is that half life 3

Crysis came out only 3 years after HL2 and the first Far Cry.

>tfw Denuvo
G-guess I'll just wait... H-haha

but you're literally retarded.
they want to develop high graphics for marketing purposes so that the game looks great in trailers and demonstrations -- even if few will be able to run it. but they have to make sure it's shit enough for trash consoles to be able to run at 28fps lol

can't believe there's still faggots who defend console garbage. enjoy you 80 dollar games, retards. you are the reason everything is overpriced.

t. Sonyshill

>shit over exposed baaawww

You're talking about the left image right? Because Lost Coast was a testing ground for HDR. It was a new thing and sucked fucking shit back then. Oblivion bloom ring a bell?

The right one is so far superior it's not even funny, when it comes to lighting.

Plus the left one has fuck all to render, it's a barren wasteland.

Thank you for posting this, people don't seem to realise the amount of work going on behind the scenes as well as diminishing returns. The level of A.I, physics, lighting, characters and NPCs on screen at any one time are light years ahead of what they were in 2004, but of course people just care about MAH GRAPHIXXXXX!!!!11

this shit is been debunked, just go away

you type like an absolute faggot.

The only thing that's ever been debunked in your life is whether or not you're lovable in any way shape or form.

citation needed

Graphics no longer impress, and features are all the same, even in well established genres.

half life 2 was the last good game

>tfw half life 2 looks better than final fantasy 15

Fucking told

What's the game on the right?

I'm pretty sure that's the new Deus Ex

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/BYcWsUGgnxf9vmPCc6auqg/
neo/v/ and their shitty bait

That looks like a 10 year old game outside of the character and car model, so you'd have to struggle to look worse.

HAHA IS THIS REAL?

Ok, I will bow to that.

DELETE THIS

JUST
U
S
T

I don't see the sea

game devs try to polish little details and it takes huge amount of performance. why?
why don't they try better visual effects with effective performance?

I actually like older games graphic, complete different atmosphere.

Im not saying I want something cartoonish, but real life graphics are so uninspired, so deattached, boring.

I like morrowinds "bad" graphics, it had feels.

bet this box of bell peppers has more polys than an entire HL2 level

The truth is none of those things.

Developers simply won't make extremely hardware intensive games because there isn't a market for them. What's the point of making a game which looks beautiful but most PC gamers won't be able to play it? Certainly not profitable. Just look at the Steam hardware surveys and you'll see that a lot of people still use Intel HD graphics to play games and 25% STILL play in 1366 x 768.

Bottom row still proves the point

Good job, you 'debunked' an image but not the point it was making

Looks pretty good famiglia. What game?

The image uses a loaded example (with the same model with higher polygon subdivisions) to further its point, which is the laughable part and deserves to be called out. There's also more to graphics progression than mesh quality and polygon density.

OP's picture is also terrible, gluing two pictures together in some shitty resolution trying to make a point. It's right up there in retardation with youtube caps to comment on graphic quality.

>super detailed vegetables
>everything else looks like shit
Budget well spent

I always dreamed threads bitching about how graphics are stagnating and I always wondered

Do you guys make cgi thats better? Because most of it looks pretty good but you all say it's still bad. So I wanna see you guys post something better

>those cucumbers
10/10 Would insert into my anus

HL2

they look absolutely laughable, have you never seen a real vegetable?

then: make games as a hobby and try bleeding edge technology
now: make as much money with as little effort as possible

A game that will never get a sequel.

The episodes don't count.