I think im done with consoles. is pc gaming as great as people are making it out to be?

i think im done with consoles. is pc gaming as great as people are making it out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

bravotube.net/videos/amazing-redhead-shemale-and-guy-have-wild-anal-sex?promoid=1255
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a meme you dip

No, it's not.

>Be a PC gamer
>inse

XD

PC gaming is excellent. You pay 3 time more than for PS4, then you get ports which don't even bother remaking "press the LT" message, online filled with wallhackers (but hey its free) and ticket to denuvo crack waiting club.

Gale of darkness? LOL

What's the maximum number of fans a card can have?

It's pretty good, there are legit criticisms for PC gaming and consoles, but honestly I can't see why anyone would slam PC other than being a filthy brand loyalist.

as many as you can slap on it
usually 2 or 3

The only drawback is the price, but its a huge drawback.

>legit criticisms against PC

and what would those be, honestly?
because there is pretty much nothing that consoles do better in any shape or form

After my xbox RROD I said fucking build my 1st pc and never looked back.

i dare someone to make a good pc build with 500 canadian dollars

you literally cant.

>canadian dollars
found the faggot

Accessibility I guess. It's comical and fucked up but there are way too many people who are legitimately too stupid to even install and operate Steam on their PCs, let alone troubleshoot other issues.

>Mods will change the way you live.
>Cheaters can be a problem depending on the game you play.
>Everything looks and runs better.
>You will never want to go back

so you cant? thats what i thought.

No. When it comes to gaming no one is happy with anything ever.

Not including peripherals.

What kind of games do you like, OP?

Did PC become popular enough for contrarians to start hating it?

Unless you are into RTS, 4X and grand strat then you will be playing mostly the same multiplat games with improved framerate and settings.

PC is a much more flexible platform overall, PS2 was the last good console and I can emulate most of my favorite titles. Don't have to worry about backwards comparability unless installing a newer operating system. Hell you can still play DOS era games with dosBox.

Only reasons I can think of to get a console these days is if you are on a limited budget and can't be assed searching for how to build a budget PC, or interested in some of the exclusive titles, or want to get decent VR HMD at a cheaper price.

>gtx 750 ti
>95 dollars

theres no chance in hell those are in canadian prices, they go for at least $140 here.

If PC is better than console build me a PC with a console budget

this.

750ti is fucking near $200 here in Edmonton.

you might as well go pc

i'll never turn back

Just go to pcpartpicker or ask on leddit, nobody is going to spoonfeed you.

>is pc gaming as great as people are making it out to be?
It´s not really about being better than consoles but more about consoles not being worth it anymore.

PS2 gen was the last gen with no bullshit consoles where you would put a game in it and it started playing, you know just like how consoles are supposed to work?
Now consoles are basically computers too with the same problems (game crashes, platform not only for games, internet pretty much required even if it´s only for patches, the list goes on) although in most cases underpowered compared to a pc.

The only real flaw of PC is a moderately higher barrier to entry.

Literally everything else is better. Massively better, in most cases. If you've never seen 144hz before, it will blow you away.

Sure. If you like port begging.

>is pc gaming as great as people are making it out to be?

Depends. Do you want to play new games, or are you content to surf decades of backlog across PC history and the libraries of dozens of game consoles?

Because if you want to play new games, it kind of sucks. Not noticeably more than any particular console, really, but it's been a shitty couple years for games, and PC was not spared.

As someone who's had a PC comparable to consoles, and now a gaming PC Ima be real with you. Don't build a PC with similar specs to a console, it's a complete waste of time and money. Go big or go home. Otherwise you're missing out on one of the biggest reasons to go PC.

1080p60 is a huge leap over 30fps, and can be achieved cheaper than ever before

All the multiplats support the Xbone controller and you can use a Steam controller or trackball, if like me you detest using a mouse

>arma3
>mow's
>gtos mius front
>DCS getting great modules
>dorf getting updated constantly
>witcher 3
>mgsV
>KSP
>Metro series
>r6 siege
>ayyy
>spintires
>d44m
it's been a pretty good few years.

go to logicalincrements or something you fucking dip

Don't listen to people crying how pc ports are shit when they are still million times better on PC than they would ever be console.

It's good but a few caveats
>you have to like computers if you hate getting under the hood of pc's you're gonna have a bad time
>while there's a lot of user's who will show cheap PC builds around the same price for consoles you really want to invest a little more to really see the benefits of pc gaming
>some console ports are really fucking terrible

I disagree, going "big" means falling short of 4k or being lumbered with an ant-sized 1440p screen

99% of people have a big 1080p screen with requisite Game mode which serves well for enjoying games like Deus Ex without the awful eyestrain of console 30fps

the only thing thats better is 60fps. I fell for the meme and I regret not getting a PS4 all the time, but I enjoy emulating older systems like the PS2 at higher resolutions so it's not all that bad. I'd still prefer to have a PS4 though.

the biggest problems with PC gaming that I have are no physical copies, very invasive DRM, focus on esports shit, developers making fucking horrible ports etc.

on the plus side, Denuvo seems to be fully cracked, so thats good.

>ports

>not playing one of thousands available native PC games

If you just want to play multiplats then PC is for you.

I'm sure when he's talking about going big it means don't buy 750 ti and expect a huge preformance from consoles on new games.

"PC gaming" means "limited pool of console ports"

>think about pc gaming
>remember you have to have all your games scattered across different services; steam, windows, origin, etc.
itttig

What the fuck is even going on in that case. How small is that

>le master race picture of a PC
>the game on the screen is a port
>a very shitty port

:DDDD holy sht pcucks are hilarious.

PC gaming is much cheaper than consoles if you want to play online.
8 years (livespan of the Xbox 360) of Xbox Live cost $480. That's more than the console itself. You can't ignore those costs.

Don't play EA games. The only thing I have is steam and all my other games and roms are sitting in one harddrive

>limited pool
>entire genres that don't exist on consoles
>best multiplats with mods and 60+ frames
>all xbone games being ported to pc
>emulators from nearly every generation

Really makes you think.

more like:
>Pay maybe double what a PS4 costs for a rock solid rig, then play (shitty) ports and a bunch of exclusives, at about half the price as you'd pay on PS4, plus you never pay for online service.

If you play more than four games in a year, you're probably coming out ahead cost-wise with PC.

You don't have to install steam or origin if you pirate your games.

so pc gaming is just ports, emulation, and one genre consoles don't have

This

60hz feels so damn sluggish after getting 144hz.

>the biggest problems with PC gaming that I have are no physical copies
This is my problem with PC gaming desu if consoles ever go all digital I'm switching to pc

which is what you should be doing. if you buy digital PC games you are a fucking retard. theres no two ways about it, simply a retard.

You also need to be super smart to understand how computers work.

if only you knew

So 10 fans?

all I want is physical copies in big boxes like back in the day, without any online DRM bullshit. is that too much to fucking ask? REEEEEEE

Don't play EA games. The only thing I have is steam and all my other games and roms are sitting in one harddrive

but.. alright. Chronicles of Riddick, for example, isn't an EA game and is no longer on Steam, so you gotta head over to GoG and get a copy there. Or you gotta track down some dude that has a Steam copy and pay him a ridiculous amount to trade you. But look! Steam has Dead Space 1 & 2, but not 3, so you then gotta go get Origin and grab 3. But then you remember about all the old FIFAs you loved, but EA only has down to 15, none of the other titles. PC Gaming has a lot of pros, don't get me wrong, but it also has a lot of disadvantages as well, including my favorite...

>Hey guys, Game X isn't working right and doing this exact bug that you're currently experiencing.
>Nvm, fixed it. ;)
>5 years ago.

Why pirate though? Just because your hate for DRM services or because you're poor, which is valid, or because "lel fuck da man xD"?

are you just going to play games? are you going to buy said games? if you answer either one yes, just stick to consoles.

>so pc gaming has videogames

Yes wow how hard is that to understand.

I pirated 3 and bought dead space 1 and 2. Still not using origin.

because I dont want to pay for a fucking license to a game. when I buy a game for my PS3 I get a physical disc that will work until I go full fucktard and break it / scratch it. I put it in the console, and it plays the game. all I need is electricity.

I can afford games fine, and buy console games all the time. If PC had the same kind of ordeal, I would buy PC games all the time too.

Games almost never have crashes or incompatibility issues. See DOOM crashes at launch for weeks (not sure if fixed by now), Samurai Warriors 4ii's shitty fucking controller support... Blame the devs as much as you want, but the point is that this shit STILL fucking happens.

Also, remote play integration is much better because you can easily control the entire console at all times and in all menus. Both Gamestream and In-Home streaming have trouble with different types of controller support (dinput vs xinput), alt-tabbing/multiple windows and high level OS controls (CTRL+ALT+DEL, UAC pop-ups...). In general, Remote Play on PC is a fucking mess.

VR market is fragmented with no end in sight, and all PC headsets available at the moment are uncomfortable and in general designed like shit, pretty much strapping a brick to your face.

No need to debug your system if something breaks during its warranty period. Just send it in. If this happens with a self-built PC, you are super fucked if you have to debug the more esoteric problems like PSU/mobo issues. And if you got a pre-built, you most likely got fucked in the ass on the price.

Physical games are still readily available and they're not just Steam installers, and there's no need to fuck around with third party DRMs since the console itself is the DRM, so as long as the console works, your shit works. Third party DRMs cause all sorts of issues, especially years after they stop being supported.

Buying an old console and playing old games is a million times easier than either trying to get old PC games to work on new PCs/OSes or trying to build/virtualize an old PC to run old games on it. Sure, SOME old games work, and SOME old games have patches or GOG conversions, but on an old console, every single game works. For this reason consoles are better for game preservation, since emulating a single hardware/software environment, an entire generation of games plays without issue.

Do you really want this to happen user?

Is 1070 worth it to upgrade my 970 with?

Don't OP

I recently just changed to PC and after a few months I regret it

The community is god awful. Faggots just spouting twitch memes every second.

Lucky to get through a game on CS without ether 1. Hacking or 2. Some fag who DJ's with his shitty music on chat

Most games are just console ports anyway.

The community for any new games dies off after a week or so until everyone just goes back to playing Overwatch or LOL

The PC is ok to have around but don't make the mistake of having it be the only gaming machine in your house.

It's a pretty good port.

Name of that girl?

I used to buy everything physical, as well, but got tired of the hassle and now I just buy digital; saves me time from having to drive to GS/Best Buy/Wal-Mart, whatever, and all that. I do miss the physical aspect, of having the discs and all that, but man was it taking up a lot of space. 1 PSN account with all my games on it just makes more sense to me anymore.

I don't blame you honestly. 3 was shit.

Frank

Believe it or not,that WAS a man.
Not the poster but I dont remember the name

cant be done, that part really is a meme

people always leave out the part where you need to buy monitors, a mouse, keyboard, maybe an optical drive

like they don't pay people millions to make consoles good for the price for nothing

Sarina Valentina

enjoy

yeah, no. a game that defaults to 20hz on HDMI and cant be fixed in any way other than switching to displayport / DVI is not a "good port".

Online, despite being a paid service, has a fuckload less hackers (if any) due to the console and its OS themselves being the anti-cheat. It's a much cleaner environment overall

Price for price, a new console is always better performance-wise than a PC, same with used console VS PC with used parts. Meme about this all you want, prove me wrong. Very cheap PCs can keep up and even win with specific games, but then there are others that are outright unplayable. A console always offers an overall better experience across its library VS a PC of equivalent price (new vs new or used vs used).

Just switched to pc myself after being console exclusive for some time and it was one of the most satisfying experiences I've had.

Choosing all of my parts and really making the computer my own ended up being a lot of fun as well as learning what all the parts did. I think console players are really cheating themselves out of a great experience by not doing this.

Also, I would personally say you should definitely buy the newer stuff like the 1070, but just for example my roommate's computer has a 770 and still runs modern games at 60FPS+ on high settings. I think console players tend to have the mindset that if they don't spend a shit ton they won't be able to play anything and that's just not true. Still though, I would recommend you spend a decent amount ($1200-$1300) and you should be able to get a computer that is going to last you a long time that you can feel really really good about. Don't try and make some low end build to compete with consoles.

Lastly, a really great place to start learning about your computer, newegg has a 2 part video about how to build a computer physically on their youtube and I found those videos to be a great base in terms fiding out what I actually need for my computer and what to be looking for.

It has dick.

Why?

I tried to do it for a friend, I ended up with a PC that ran Tomb Raider 2013 at 30fps at 1600x900 or some shit.

The guy still fucking hates me for it.

>Games almost never have crashes or incompatibility issues

Stopped reading there

opinion discarded.

To hell with fans, get liquid cooling systems!

It can be fixed by creating a 1920x1079 60Hz custom resolution as well.

bravotube.net/videos/amazing-redhead-shemale-and-guy-have-wild-anal-sex?promoid=1255

if this doesn't make you hard as diamonds then nigga you gay

>make a CA$3000(around $500us) PC
>never touch my ps3 again and hardly touch my ps4
I miss my consolefag life at time

Yeah, and post the most shitty, obvious example.

>almost never
>posts ONE counterexample from an indie game made by a scammer with notoriously bad coding across the board that barely even works on PC

>Buying an old console and playing old games is a million times easier

Goodluck trying to find a original copy of Earthbound or Xenoblade Chronicles under 100 dollars

There's A fix for that, you know. A program you run before opening the game.

didn't work for me, tried forcing that to be my ONLY resolution available trough Custom Resolution Utility and it didn't work at all. ended up having to play the game on a shitty PC monitor instead of my huge TV.

>consolefags actaully defending paid online

>A console always offers an overall better experience across its library VS a PC of equivalent price

lmao

I bought a 360 that red ringed and I bought another one that also red ringed, gave up consoles after that and just built a pc.

Thankfully, buying an old console and hacking it is STILL easier.

>having to run external applications and fuck around with your refresh rates, resolutions etc. just to get a game to work
>good port

heh :D

Should I?

Love how you missed the part about some games outright not fucking working on your meme budget PCs.

In well programmed games, the meme budget PC does well. Everywhere else, the meme budget PC runs like fucking unplayable horseshit.

Console offers an overall better experience, just like I said.

>hurr that's only ONE example so it doesn't count!

This gen has seen games ship with more issues with bugs and crashes than any gen before it. There are entire console games that are borderline unplayable without several post-launch patches.

Saying console games almost never have crashes or incompatibility issues is a bold faced lie.

>bought a PS3 like 10 years ago
>still works like new
>still play Yakuza on it daily

hmmmmm, let's see.. is it the fault of consoles, or the fact that you are a retard and bought a fucking 360 (probably one of the old models, since the new ones are pretty much indestructible) TWICE.

PCfriends always forget games like these STILL exist. They always act like the console convenience factor is just a myth.