Merchant of Mirrors

>I am a mangy vagrant. Gaunter O'Dimm, at your service

Why is he the best written video game character ever?

Not even the best written character in the game.

Because its cdpr writers making a relatively short narrative so all their talent was more focused than ever before.

It's your opinion, you tell us.

Why was that DLC so fucking good?

I kinda just sat at my monitor staring after it ended.

He's a solid villain in that you're not quite sure that he's a monster until halfway through Hearts of Stone.
He's presented as harmless, gives people what they wish for and asks for small things in return.

It was definitely one dlc that was worth the price.
For $10, it's quite the narrative.

First of all, he was one of the very first NPCs you meet in the main game. Then he comes back to you in the beginning of Hearts of Stone.

I knew from the start that the fucker was not just an ordinary peasant. But the scale of it all...

Its even better for 0€.

Based O'Dimm.

Just when I thought Witcher 3 couldn't get any better, here comes this guy.

Loved him

Hearts of Stone raised the bar for video game writing and narrative.
It won't be topped for quite some time.

Also, the whole thing about meeting at crossroads at midnight referenced the many stories about the Christian Devil. Making deals with mortals which in the end, end up with the fool losing his soul.

The way O'dimm was finally beaten also pointed to the Devil

The spoons is another reference to the devil. There's a fucking shitload of little details that point towards Gaunter being the devil.
Even the blind professor calls him "evil incarnate"

Vlodimir was a real bro though. Shame that O'dimm fucked him up.

But you, user. Did you fuck this up?

What kind of asexual faggot would skip a sex scene in a witcher game?

The entire DLC was great. Even the encounters with the fallen knights in the woods had some story written into them.

I'm going to play Blood and Wine next. Hopefully it won't be a complete let down.

>Hopefully it won't be a complete let down
You know its made by people who made witcher 3 and HoS?

I've heard that in comparison to HoS, it falls flat. But at least it has an entirely new area to explore. And we also get to meet the vampire from the books.

The area is cool.
Story is not all that interesting, but you may enjoy it accidentally.
It's a wonderful nod to Eastern European folklore if nothing else.

>ywn go on an adventure while o'dimm hovers around doing his thing

kinda like the new deus ex game
Eastern europe is the new new york

I'm enjoying B&W very much so far.

>that quest about getting your money from the bank and they send you back and forth

imagine there was a nail board inside that statue and geralt get a nail trough his foot when he stomps on it,.

>Yfw that cunt walks in the air like he owns the place

I knew he was some kind of monkey's paw genie thing the moment he put the mark on Geralt's face

literally me

freaky as fuck doing another playthrough and seeing him casually in the tavern

because he''s a mysterious powerful character, his true power not really ever shown but only hinted at with his various actions and talk about him in the game, and for once the writers weren't retarded enough and try to explain everything about him - they left him without story resolution and well... mysterious, exactly what you do with that kind of character.

How's Victoria doing?

he was pretty creepy and every cutscene with him was intense as fuck

>mfw children sing his song at night

>Why is he the best written video game character ever?
He's not the best but still a good character nevertheless, and to answer your question - it's up to you whether he'll end up as a villian or a generous employer. Also he's incerasingly crepy, he have ass that mysterious features that this poor fuck Eredin lacked so much.

I don't see any resemblance at all apart from the hair.