Inside

Woah... Just finished this game Sup Forums personally think this is my indie GOTY
What do you guys think?

It really makes you think

I agree

The witness

Why is this game not discussed here?

because it's not overwatch, or world of warcraft.
and it's not something you play while eating doritos and drinking mountain dew.

That's sad

Because it was discussed when it came out and there isn't anything to say about it any more

CRACK FUCKING WHEN
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's so short and there's really not a whole lot to say about it. The mermaid thing was creepy and cute.

It's more like an eight or nine out of ten due the short length and ease of overall gameplay... Most of the puzzles are laughably easy. They should have explored interacting with the NPCs a bit more and the ending is trite. The secret ending feels better but the "meta" aspect of both is worn thin for all games...

Meta indie game that feels like it's made for indie devs to play before they commit suicide.

Right now.
>Inside-CONSPIR4CY

Great visuals, animation and atmosphere but too short and the puzzles were made for retards

Still haven't even played Limbo yet. Should I?

>Two hour, 2DEEP4U, indie platformer gets perfect scores.
>More ambitious, technical, gameplay focused games like W101 or Godhand get mediocre reviews.
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

>Good game
>Seeing any discussion on Sup Forums

See Quantum Break, Oxenfree, PVZ:GW2, Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Ori and the Blind Forest, W101, DKC:TF, and so on. If it isn't a shitfest or filled with waifu-bait it won't see the light of day on Sup Forums unless you self-bump your own threads about them.

>W101
>good

Anyway who gives a fuck what reviews say? Literally the only opinion of value is mine (yours for you obviously.) Play the games yourselves and form your own opinions.

Defiantly yes.

>Defiantly

Fucking THIS
Too bad most people on this board lack enough sense and and the rest just shitpost for the hell of it

Was kinda boring. Only cool part was when you turned into a giant meat monster and broke through walls.

Auto correct, sorry I meant definitely :)

I really want a tv show that captures the same atmosphere as this game.

I felt the same way I felt about Limbo... it's just meh. The last part was kind of cool, though.

>Anyway who gives a fuck what reviews say?
Unfortunately lots of people, devs, and publishers do.
>When shit like bioshock infinite, gone home, uncharted, and fez get nearly perfect scores, other devs will try to copy them.
>Remember that time Bethesda said NW need to get over 90+ on metacritic for Obsidan to get a bonus?
>Remember that time when uncharted fans and Troy Baker started a petition to get one bad review of U4 removed, because it partially hurt the metacritic score?
>Remember that time when neogaf is always autistic about review scores and care so much about them that they try to predict them and judge game success by them?

If only everyone was as smart as me.

W101 might be good if you're autistic and like to get medals that don't do anything.

Otherwise, it's shit. Every time you die you continue right where you left off so there is no difficulty unless you try to redo the stage and do it perfectly. I'd like to learn the bosses and get better at them, but there is no point because they die right when you start to learn.

Goddammit. I just bought this game yesterday, before it was cracked.

Really enjoyed the game though. Excellent sound design, camera and use of depth of field. Kept me completely interested in the ~3 hours I put in it.

I do have a gripes with one or two puzzles, with the dog-fence is the standout bad one.

Easily a 5/5, but probably low-mid 9's on a 100pt scale.

I extremely agree with you on this user

weak bait, you have to mix a couple of actual good games in the bait too.

>Buy a game
>It's shit
>MAN, IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY I COULD OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM MY PEERS AS TO THE QUALITY OF THIS ELECTRONIC FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT. I WOULD OF BEEN MORE INFORMED AND WOULD NOT OF WASTED BOTH TIME AND MONEY BUYING AND PLAYING THIS GAME

Someone explain what's up with the plot. I don't even think there's a plot, it's just 2deep4u with no actual answers. What the fuck is with the giant fat blob with limbs though? Literally what the fuck? Why were you risking life and limb to become Jabba the Hutt?

It's just 2deep4u, nothing gives you answer to anything

>Buy Uncharted or another game that is given "Universal acclaim"
>It's shit
>MAN, IF ONLY I WAS ABLE TO NOT GET TRICKED INTO BUYING THINGS BECAUSE SOME RETARD SAID IT WAS GOOD.

>What do you guys think?
I'll report back in a few hours

>Congratulation, you are now in the INSIDE
BRAVO
R
A
V
O

Sounds like it's your fault for not casting your net wide enough. Don't just go for corporate reviews by professional reviewers and Metacritic, go look for smaller review blogs as well. Get a good idea of what the true position of the game is. I haven't bought a game I've regretted for 3 or 4 years now this way.

Literally just beat this right now. Thanks CPY.

>$20 for 2 hours
>2deep4u
>muh metaphors
>blurry graphics and shitty film grain
>dumb puzzles
>hold thumbstick right to win

8/10 for scifi setting, visuals, and animations

>Why were you risking life and limb to become Jabba the Hutt?
LOL This
And this

>Uncharted
>Shit
Fuck you, I fucking loved it. To each his own I guess.

>Game called inside
>End of the game you go outside
IT'S LIKE POTTERY.

the only place that dislikes Uncharted is Sup Forums - Contrarians though

Limbo is great and has better puzzles overall than Inside. Go for it.

This is the kind of game that you used to get for free on newgrounds not that long ago. I'm not saying it´s bad, just sad.

The blob wants to escape the aquarium.

The blob thing uses the helmet to control the kid to help the blob escape.

The kid may not have been the first human the blob controlled as there are many body parts in the blob thing.

The blob eventually escapes using the kid.

Sorry if this amazing 10/10 story was too hard for you to understand.

you are boy
boy escapes evil people, runs around avoiding them, eventually breaks into their facility and joins flesh blob
flesh blob goes on rampage and escapes, just to chill in the sunlight

there's a secret ending where you find a hidden room and pull a plug whereupon the boy slumps over like the other zombies who don't have an active control signal do

so my theory is that the blob is an experiment to control all the zombies with a huge amalgation of a bunch of humans, it decides enough is enough and controls one to break away and come break it out

>Game called Inside
>End of the game you go outside
>....But at the start of the game you were already fucking outside in the first place so who gives a shit
>Why did you even bother going back inside?

Was becoming a deflating sack of shit really worth it?

(You)

>Blob uses the helmet

U wot

The kid is running around and doing shit before he even puts the helmet on. Not only that, there are tons of grey people who are controlled via the power of helmets so why not use them instead?

i love this game

it really make me

THINK
H
I
N
K

Oh yeah and what was up with sadako? Did she really want the D that badly?

>there are people who post on this board who found Inside genuinely too deep for them to comprehend
>they legitimately just did not understand what they saw
I should stop browsing this site.

>pirate game
>play game
>push right

I hate it when there's shit like this that has no proper explanation and it's open to interpretation. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. I'M UNSURE IF ALL THEIRIES. IS THERE A DEFINITIVE EXPLAINATION

>Don't have enough shekels to hire proper writers
>Add a bunch of weird sci-fi shit that's unrelated and unexplained
>"It's ART goy, mod in the story with your imagination!"

>proper writers
Yeah, what the game really needed was cinematic cutscenes with B-movie dialogue.

>dialogue
>B-movie dialogue

Nice strawman. Rope yourself.

>I need an elaborate and in-your-face-explained story to enjoy a video game
You can keep your rope for yourself.

Wut

>an elaborate and in-your-face-explained

They took you four minutes? Again, nice strawman. Rope's all yours cuntface.

>What do you guys think?
That you have some kind of vore fetish. At least, that's the only way I could see you placing this as GOTY. Mechanically it was fairly shallow, it was short, and it reeked of pretension.

It did pretty well with atmosphere and animation, but that hardly makes GOTY.

It's a meta thing
In a secret ending you go into a hatch and un-plug one of the mind control helmet things, which makes the little boy stop moving and the game ends
Implying that what he unplugged was you, playing the game, and therefore the game ends
so basically the game happens because you're playing it

>They took you four minutes?
Holy shit, this dude sat staring at this thread for four minutes waiting for a (You). Have one on me. I hope you've looked at some other things in the past 21 minutes.