Terraria or Starbound?

Terraria or Starbound?

Why not both?

Played both, found Starbound more fun.
Also this thread will get overrun by terrariakids in 5 minutes.

Starbound has better exploration, atmosphere, graphics, music, combat mechanics and building. Terrarria has more challenging content and more shit to grind for.

terraria for combat
starbound for building
terraria is a better game though

woto!

>play starbound before 1.0
>boring as fuck
>everyone on Sup Forums shit talking chucklefuck and starbound to no end
>play starbound after 1.0 comes out
>boring as fuck
>most of Sup Forums sucking it's dick

This. If Starbound had better AI and NPCs, it would really, really compete for Terraria's spot because the base-building (even material gathering) component is simply superior for many reasons. However, it doesn't, and it's lacking in challenge or really unique content, so I'd have to give this one to Terraria.

The one that's been out for 5 years and is one of the best values per price of anything on Steam.

Terraria all day

Terraria is infinitely better than Starbound.

Terraria for combat and exploration, Starbound for modding and just autism fun

You're forced to do shit for your npcs in Terraria to advance in the game, so you can get creative with their homes, but Starbound has nothing going on apart exploration and missions on your ship. I've been hoping for bosses on planets, but nothing of the likes.

both
They're different games

so what the fuck, is starbound actually good now? i thought it was regarded as a trainwreck for the longest time

should i buy it if i liked terraria? any good solo?

Played both, liked both

I'm honestly enjoying it more than terraria. They changed/added a lot of stuff in the final release

Terraria until you get bored and need something different.

Starbound melee combat is broken, no collision box or whatsoever, enemies constantly charge in the same exact spot that player is. Annoying as fuck. If not for that, starbound would be a better game.

Have played and liked both though. "Craft the world" too.

Couldn't stomach 1 hour of pre-1.0 Starbound, and I have player almost 150 hours of Terraria, most of it with friends.
Terraria shits on Starbound in my opinion.

Starbound gets so old after a while.

Played since it was very first released in 'beta'.

Built four huge projects that took 300k, yes three hundred thousand blocks total, only blocks not decorations, and probably a weeks time.

Its fucking lame because you cant invite people to your world to show them your shit, and then in servers building shit isn't worth it unless you have like 4 people doing it, because you'd have to grind for blocks. Not to mention all the /vg/ servers have like 15 ERP mods each.
Pic related

Terraria can let you join people through steam.

yes it can

erp mods?