ITT

We correct this list

Undertale, Super Mystery Dungeon, whatever that furry game is to start off need to go regardless of what replaces them

Erase it all and replace it with Barkley.

Why? It's perfect like it is.

>Cave Story
>Best Story
Sure, gameplay was solid. But story? Really?

Replace AA1 with pic related.

this, and also remove FFVI
get out

Super and Cave Story need to be replaced. Super's story was far less engaging than Sky's and Cave Story, while it's enjoyable, isn't very good at all compared to the rest of the games on this list. I went into Cave Story thinking I was getting an amazing story but what I got instead was good everything EXCEPT the story, which was just decent. It slightly diminished my enjoyment of the game as a whole.

I feel like putting it in with everything else on that list is false advertising.

That being said, I can't think of anything that would fit well into their spaces. Maybe To the Moon?

Steins Gate story is cool

Cave Story deserves to be there and anyone saying otherwise is a pleb

Remove all final fantasy

I thought this too.

>Super's story was far less engaging than Sky's
I disagree. And even assuming you are right, Super's story is still better than most games released in the recent years in general.

I know its Vita only but Soul Sacrifice Delta has the best vidya story of any ive ever played

>FF10
>FF6

>FF7 missing

disregarded

"lol kefka wuz so deep, muh childhood"

Fallout: New Vegas

That's a really shitty list, at least add The Longest Journey.

Remove all that japaniese trash for starters

I like PW:AA, but I really don't think it should be on the list. Maybe replace it with T&T

Kotor and 2 should be on there as well as ff9

>FF7 missing

disregarded

"lol Sephiroth wuz so deep, muh childhood"

MGS2 needs to be replaced with MGS3

This is incorrect.

No.

Maybe FF7 or 9 instead of 10 and 6.

Maybe we should all stop whining and just lengthen and tailor the list to our liking

What, you all a group of newhalfs that can't into Photoshop?

No. But MGS3 should be there too.

Remove FFX and Cave story

>Ghost Trick
I though this was a best stories list not dumbest stories

Nigga, Ghost Trick was fantastic from a story perspective

Wind Waker should be on it.

With the lore it's the perfect video game adventure story, like a colorful picture book.

whew, that took ages. FTFY though

Solatorobo is one of the best stories ever told through a video game format

it's a pretty good list though, there aren't that many games that can replace any of those spots.

games that 100% gots to go:
Undertale
Pheonix Wright AA
VtM:B (that's not what makes it good)
MGS2
probably both FFVI and X

Games that need to be in:
Stalker series
the Talos Principle + RtG

Pathologic is a simmering contestant. It's certainly one of the most compelling stories/atmospheres/lore I've ever encountered in a game, but if you actually could write out something of an explanation to what is going on I'm not sure how good it would look

m8...

I can kinda second this. as the story of the Mojave wasteland it's really good and manages to feel like a pretty real place. it's like the Dostoevsky of vidya, a lot of believable character portraits.

>it's like the Dostoevsky of vidya

>MGS2
>999
you didn't fix shit

maybe I took it too far pham, I god caught up in my own asshole

Needs more Barkley, OFF, and To the Moon.

Undertale can stay, as much as you people meme about it, it's still very well done, even if it has some flaws. It's not the greatest stories but it deserves to be up there as one of the lower tiers

>Lack of Suikoden II

Sound

>MGS2 gots to go

Fucking pleb

The Persona 2 duology, Pathologic and The Void. Not includng them is fucking criminal

kek

KEK

K-E-K

>999
>anything short of fantastic
It's sad to see people with such shit taste

>digital devil saga
stopped there. Didn't even let the image finish loading

you can't spell imblying without lying Sup Forums

put skyrim in the chart
one of the best video game stories imo

>Digital Devil Saga
What the fuck?
It's a good game but the story is nothing amazing.

>With the lore it's the perfect video game adventure story
>fish people evolved into bird people because the land was flooded

>All these faggots hating on FFVI
I'll agree that X needs to be off the list, but VI deserves to stay.

Glad no one is shitting on .hack, though.

Also this.

>Ace Attorney
The games have its own charm and the story is intersting to say the least but overall there is nothing amazing about it.

Darksiders (although unfinished) needs to be on that list.

If anything VI needs to go and X needs to stay. The characters in VI are literally two dimensional.

You can TELL the author is a weeb when there's no graphic adventure game made in the west

If we're talking personal opinion here, I think they're both great.

But VI is better, and your pun is shit.

I DONT LIKE YOUR LIST AND FUCK YOU ANYWAY

This. Cave story is my favorite game, but it definitely doesn't belong on that list.

Get rid of Mother 3.
For fuck's sake, that game had terrible fucking writing.

He probably meant DDS1+2 combined.

No pun intended and say whatever you want about the rest of the game but X has a better story than VI.

Real talk. The 3ds is getting .nds loading soon. Is Solatorobo a good game?

Witcher 3 has better writing than any game on the list and it's not even there. Sure is no bias there at all.

Really no need to have SMD since its story isn't better than Sky.

>I NEVER PLAYED THE GAMES BUT I KNOW THEY'RE SHIT BECAUSE Sup Forums TOLD ME ANTHRO ANIMALS ARE ICKY POOEY!

>Sup Forums trying to be all /lit/ and make a list of """"""""""good"""""""""" stories in video games despite the fact they don't play any games and even if they there is not a single game that has a good story anyway

>I went into Cave Story thinking I was getting an amazing story but what I got instead was good everything EXCEPT the story, which was just decent. It slightly diminished my enjoyment of the game as a whole.

Yeah that is fucking stupid. Read a book or watch a movie if you want a story for fuck sake soulsfags shit up everything

Writing =/= story.
The Stanley Parable has 10/10 writing but no story at all.

This needs to be on it.

fff7 is shit though

undermeme lisa and mother 3
>lists of ALL TIME something or another
kys

top 10 vidya stories
metal gear solid 1
legends of dragoon
ffx
dynasty warriors 8
sonic adventure 2
dragonball z budokai 2
halo 3
bioshock 1
portal
pokemon red

Prove me wrong

YOUR LIST IS MEDIOCRE AND FUCK YOU ANYWAY

Yeah of course he did.
Doesn't really change anything.

Sup Forums can't be /lit/ since all video games are genre fiction trash.

Replace Undertale with Barkley or just remove it all together
Replace Yakuza 2 with Yakuza

I don't like playing Souls games, but everyone I heard was praising the story of Cave Story when I expressed interest in it, so I was expecting something a bit more grandiose. There's nothing WRONG with Cave Story's story, in fact it's above average in games, but I felt disappointed when it wasn't as good as people told me it was.

I wasn't even interested in Cave Story for the story at first, I heard it had good platforming so I asked if it was any good outside of that so I knew what to expect.

/Thread

>FFX
I will never understand why would anybody in this planet think FFX is good in any aspect.
It's a walking simulator with rock-paper-scissors battles between unskippable 30 minute cutscenes which try too hard to tearjerk the player with the most retarded and flat characters I've ever seen.

its only mediocore to you because you like anime twink shit and havent played the list

>SMD

Gates to Infinity's story was better. It had an air of soulcrushing depression about it.

>Perfect
>Undertale is on the list
Its a bait thread to pull shitters out of the woodwork. If you think it doesnt need fixing you're fucking retarded.

Replace Xs with:
Witcher 3
Rance 03
FF5
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Symphonia
Suikoden II
Legacy of Kain

Why limiting the list to 21?
Expand it rather than deleting some games. All the ones listed are solid choices, no matter how memes you guys spout.

Also too many people in this thread is confusing dialogues and writing with story. It's not the same thing at all.

I just finished playing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time and I wasn't expecting such an engaging and atmospheric game.

Remove everything except The World Ends With You

I don't get the hubbub about about Solatorobo.

The story was alright. Neither bad or spectacular.

So the way a story is portrayed is irrelevant to it's quality?

I think FS1 and 2 had decent stories. Miles better than Lisa and Undertale.

Replace pokemon and FFX with some Legacy of Kain and Baldurs Gate games.

kek

Quality of the writing does not equal the quality of the story.
Don't you know a story can be presented without words too? You can use images or even gameplay. A game can have shit or no writing at all and still have a great story.

>Tales of anything
>Good story
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Add Rule of Rose and Virtue's Last Reward

Abyss was alright

Is 999 better than virtue last reward
i've recently played ZTD on steam and i thought it was pretty cool

999 is superior to VLR.

I am not talking about words, I am talking about the way the message is sent to the viewer/player. Images and gameplay can be used to tell a story without the use of words, but if the imagery or the gameplay is not good, the story will have it's quality diminished. Think of an opera where the singers are tone deaf, or a book written like a five year old.

(you)

Yeah but the story in VLR is still a 10/10 and if fucking pokemon can have two games then so can ZE