General psx thread

General psx thread

Talk about:
>New emu fork is out that fixes distortion of geometry that always plagued ps1 emulation. I've uploaded it ready to use and will post in a sec.
>Recommend some pretty full 3d games to try
>post some not so well known ps1 music that you like
>post webms pics youtube links whatever
>gay experiences during gaming nights with friends

Go go go

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/P4yDeweJ
youtube.com/watch?v=PsgIZvfMUno
youtube.com/watch?v=oAhvQoLpvsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Download link for emu + plugins ready to use
pastebin.com/P4yDeweJ

Also someone help me finding best settings since I don't understand h

fork?

A fork is a split of emulator builds that heads in a different direction. Probably not accurate but close enough. This version is separate from the normal pcsx-r emu

great thread guys. enjoy your shitposting

Some pics and webms from the /vr/ thread

Getting to grips with PS2 first then i'm going to go with PS1 and N64

>9 posts
>2 posters
Holy shit OP your thread failed, let it die already you pathetic fuck

That looks nice. Is that rule of rose or one of those similar styled horror games?

Yeah you're right. Excuse me while I kill myself.

use the widescreen hack if you are gonna use a widescreen resolution, jesus fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=PsgIZvfMUno
youtube.com/watch?v=oAhvQoLpvsM

The emulator does that even though I had "retain aspect ratio" set. The title screen is 1/4th of the screen's width like it's a phone game.

read nigga, read

Thx. Will do a test run with tenchu

It was under the CPU menu under configuration but I found it. Also noticed the cpu overclock function there. Seems nice to squeeze out some extra fps. webm related. Shit looks like 60fps sometimes but also dips to 20 fps range.

It's a shame PGXP doesn't emulate darkness in SH1 correctly. That scene is supposed to be completely blinding.

Rule of rose yeah, can't get it anywhere real so emulating is the only way.

Nothing like this anywhere?

>ps2 network adapter
>ide hdd
>free mc boot
cmon man

>people shit talked the N64 for decades for having smeared blurry textures
>now that there is an emulator that makes PS1 games look like N64 games everybody praises it
Apologize, now.

>dat framerate

tell me that's due to emulation

Yes, it's emulating the framerate the game runs on PSX

keep the thread alive bitches 'i';m playing csgo

for you

This is pretty nice. I'm gonna try to play through MGS, any tips I should know for emulating it?

Is that a metaphor for this thread?

MGS is also available on pc. Personally that makes me feel like emulating is kind of reduntant.

PC version doesn't work whatsoever. It's ancient.

It works fine. I played through it a few years ago.

Does that new ps1 emulator makes the games look better, or gives more options for resolution/filter?

It makes the game look better.

In these pics you can see the difference between normal emulation and this new thing that corrects the geometry:
I've also noticed that in ace combat 2 which has a lot of small models at long distances you can more easily see the detail of for example a boat in the distance. I really like it.

Does anyone know why I can't press escape to go back to the menu after having started a game?
It's really annoying as i cannot savestate or change games