Okay Sup Forums. I plan on playing King's Field, King's Field II, King's Field III, Shadow Tower, Eternal Ring...

Okay Sup Forums. I plan on playing King's Field, King's Field II, King's Field III, Shadow Tower, Eternal Ring, King's Field IV, Shadow Tower Abyss, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, Bloodborne, and finally Dark Souls III. Any other games like these you recommend?

You seem pretty set already, good luck on king's field. shit's fucking hard

Okay Sup Forums I plan to play Metal Gear, Snake's Revenge, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Acid, Metal Gear Acid 2, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus, Metal Gear Solid Mobile, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Metal Gear Online, Metal Gear Solid Touch, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Arcade, Metal Gear Solid: Social Ops, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and finally Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Any other games like these you recommend?

VR missions

Oh shit OP, I hope your body is fucking ready.

>op is going to come back crying like a little bitch

Did you really waste your time typing all that just to shitpost? Autistic as fuck.

Shit man, just play the fucking games and then come back.

Are those games before DeS actually good?

king's field 2 through 4 and shadow tower 1 and abyss are fucking amazing.
King's field 1 is more of a proof of concept (I'm using the original numbering here, kf has the same retarded thing final fantasy had where 2 is 1 in the us and 3 is 2) but it's not bad.
Some people shat on kf3 back in the day but they were just the ancestors of whoever it is on Sup Forums that calls every single game that isn't a perfect 10/10 a piece of shit, it's not as good as 2 but it's a great closing for the original trilogy.
Of course they are dated games so go in expecting slow and methodic gameplay, if you play shadow tower expecting bloodborne you had to have been dropped on the head as a newborn.

What about Eternal Ring? And are there any more From Soft games like this?

Are those the only From Soft games that follow the same formula?

King's Field 1 was too much for me. The gameplay was really dated and the dungeon felt like it had too much Simon's Quest bullshit. Should I continue?

Yes.

I never played Eternal Ring, the only fromsoft games I played are the kf/st ones, echo nights 1 and 2 and the armored core games.
I guess I'm asking other people itt, which other fantasy fromsoft games are worth playing? I know otogi 1 and 2 are well liked but I don't have an og xbox and emulation is still impossibile

Skip Dark Souls II and III, they are godawful. In fact just skip to Demon's Souls and then Bloodborne, as playing the rest is really just an awful waste of since Bloodborne is so vastly superior to anything else.

Jokes on you, I'm actually copying this for reference..

>DaS3
>bad
Nigger you best be joking

no. There is literally no reason to force yourself to slog through that just to be a hipster on Sup Forums

just play King's Field IV for the King's Field series and Shadow Tower Abyss for the Shadow Tower series.

Is it american kf1 or japanese kf1?
If it's japanese kf1 then yeah skip it, it's more of a proof of concept than anything else.
If it's american kf1 (i.e. kf2) then don't be a fucking pussy and play it, I finished it blind when I was a teenager, everyone can do it.

I don't know, there's something nostalgic about playing an old PS1 game even though I've never played it before.

Japanese. I looked at a walkthrough on youtube and some of this shit is ridiculous.

yeah japanese kf1 is not very good. It's also extremely short. Just read up on the basic storyline since it's getting wrapped up in 3 and skip it, or play it with a walkthrough but what's the fucking point then.

can you even play the jap port on na/eu console?

So the games that OP listed are the only Medievalish From Soft games? Are there any other From Soft games close to Dark Souls or just hese?

>port
?

I emulated so I have no idea, there was an english patch for it but I think the site that had it went down

Also Armored Core.

>the only Medievalish From Soft games
There are others. Lost Kingdoms and its sequel, as well as Eternal Grace and its sequel. I suppose the Otogi games also count.

It's interesting to play a lot of their games to see just how similar they all are.

These are souls-like?

anyone who uses the term souls-like unironically should be euthanized
tl;dr: no

Lost Kingdoms, no. Eternal Grace is somewhat similar. Never played Otogi myself but I've heard they're close to the Souls games.

>Eternal Grace
What is that?

Garbage.

Also I fucked up the title, it's Evergrace.
It's a third-person action RPG set in a ruined fantasy kingdom. Its main selling point is the "paper doll system" - you can see the weapons and clothing your character has equipped.
Unfortunately the combat is tedious, the visuals awful, and the soundtrack headache-inducing. Same composer as Armored Core, surprisingly.

Still, you can see a number of ideas that would later make their way into Demon's Souls.

Pickle pee!
Pump a rum!

Evergrace and it's sequel. Forever kingdom I think? I completely forget.