Is this what ruined Steam?

Is this what ruined Steam?

Shit games being on steam doesn't really affect me, sales getting shit does

Before greenlight it was relatively hard to get a game on steam, so most of the games on it you knew were of decent quality. Now there's so much shit it's impossible to know where to look when trying to find a good game

greenlight is actually one of their better ideas even if it pumps out a lot of shit

this is what ruined steam:

levels, badges, cards, achievements, steam inventory for anything that isn't a video game

Good point, I fucking hate all that shit

Hint to get the old steam: in new games filter, apply both German and French languages. This kill the indie games.

boo fucking hoo

>Renting movies
>Renting "anime" or any other show
>Skin trading/buying/boxes
>DRM on top of DRM

It's one of the biggest offenders. It let all those scam artists from Russia put Unity store asset packs on Greenlight as actual games and their torrents and torrents of absolutely terrible horror games.

>Now there's so much shit it's impossible to know where to look when trying to find a good game
Yeah, suddenly youtube, twitch, Sup Forums, reddit and literally any site that reviews games no longer exists.

That's fucking retarded.

It was worse before because if you got on steam you had it made. Having such a high barrier to enter the biggest PC marketplace was really just keeping small businesses down.

The problem is that Valve has no quality control and doesn't care if your game even works so long as they get their cut of the money. That's why they embraced Early Access with open arms, they don't give a fuck if that open world survival crafting game ever gets finished because they get what is it, 30% of every dollar those suckers spend.

Greenlight along with trading cards ensures that any two-bit shitty indie game will sell. Fucking Valve drones really fucked the PC community.

You relied purely on steam to find good games before?

>levels, badges, cards, achievements, steam inventory
How?

I don't get how achievements affect anyone and the rest of those are just free money if you don't care about them.

What's wrong with green light now that there's reviews, and refunds?

I'm not him but I would never have known about Underrail if I hadn't been browsing Sup Forums. The problem with greenlight is that gems are buried under mountains of shovelware.

And when I say shovelware, I don't mean indie survival simulators, I mean the piles of unity asset flips that can barely be considered games.

Absolutely nothing. OP just wanted a 500 post thread so he can brag to his friends.

Freedom Planet went completely unnoticed by media, while being better sonic game than actual sonic games

greenlight is the sole reason i stopped browsing steam store

i can't think of a single greenlight game that i've ever bought, and the entire store is nothing but greenlight trash

>Greenlight along with trading cards
You forgot about one more thing. Steamgifts.com and similar sites.
People buy cheap shit that no one would want to play and give it away for some points or shit to the people who also don't want it, but will take it, because they can have it for free.
Seriously, thousands of copies of shitty games go through those sites every day, destroying the market.

who is this extremely smug anime

Thanks for the tip