Sega's Upcoming PC Ports

I'll try to do this with minimum preamble.

Former employee of one of their Western branches, been gone for a while but was around long enough to hear early discussion of their current plans and I still talk to friends sometimes about what's up with their current projects/around the company.

No proof being posted because it's not worth the risk, call me a lying cunt or disregard this if you want - it's a perfectly fair response.

Quick summary:
>Saturn and Dreamcast games are their current focus
>No seventh/sixth gen titles have hard plans besides Vanquish and DC stuff for now, lots of options are being examined though
>Xbox exclusives are being looked into but they need MS to agree to most of them due to deals made back in the day for them - including Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta
>Skies of Arcadia Legends was originally meant to be done years ago but the source code cannot be found and they're now just doing vanilla instead since its easier to port
>Vallyria Azure Revolution is getting localized and ported to PC also in the West, likely in late 2017

Currently planned PC ports supposed to release by the start of 2018:
>Vanquish
>Skies of Arcadia
>Panzer Dragoon + Zwei + Saga
>Shenmue 1/2 HD, also coming to PS4
>Valkyria Azure Revolution, also coming to PS4

Other games under strong consideration:
>Shining Force 3 + Holy Ark
>Radiant Silvergun
>Guardian Heroes

There's likely more that I'm unaware of for both categories.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aRB_ETfJk
moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project/news/sonic-generations-unleashed-project-10-released
youtube.com/watch?v=hSEwHir7v9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where the fuck is Sonic Unleashed? No Sega game has beaten it yet since release.

>>Vanquish
If this is true OP I will literally cry of happiness.

>no VF5:FS
yawn

I just want yakuza on pc

interesting if true. shame about them losing the code for Skies of Arcadia Legends, i've heard the encounter rate for the Dreamcast version is brutal. but hey, the audio was better in that version...

surprised there's no mention of Yakuza, though, it's not like that series is definitely locked to Playstation. the first two games got ported to Wii U.

Like I said, their current focus is on older games. Seventh gen titles are, apparently, on the backburner for now - though there has been talk of them.

A big part of it is likely the lack of requests for many of them. Sega has been hyperfocused on social media and reddit lately to try gauge interest in various properties to determine porting priority.

Yakuza isn't likely to happen due to its weak Western sales and reliance on Sony to get it localized now.

To be more speculatory, back when I worked with them there was also a strong mentality that story-focused series should be done in order - and as such they're probably unwilling to do one of the new games before getting the rest ported first.

Plus nearly all the online chatter for it in recent years has just been PS users asking for localizations, from what I understand. There's not been similarly huge demand for ports.

I don't believe you, OP, but I'd like to. Falls apart with the "strong consideration" section, where two games listed already have ports on the Xbox 360.

whens miku

>Shining Force 3 + Holy Ark

nice

This

This is a hail mary shot, but have they mentioned ANYTHING about phantasy star universe?

Where the fuck is Bayonetta and Anarchy Reigns?

YES

>Saturn
Bollocks

Tho they did release Guardian heroes I call porkies on this one

>A big part of it is likely the lack of requests for many of them.

Bayo/VQ got petitions for them, and that was enough for Bamco to get their lazy asses out, let alone a publisher that "really wants to bring the ports"

>It's getting close to 2 years since Valkyria Chronicles released on PC
>Since then no unexpected PC ports apart from Sonic Lost World
Well I hope you're legit OP but without some sort of proof I'm not gonna get my hopes up

I never even heard talk of it, to be honest. I'd guess it's got licensing issues or something else like that.

That's part of the reason they're being considered. The 360 ports didn't lose money, and fan interest is still there, so they're being looked into.

We used to joke about PS games being what we'd port first if we wanted to tank the funding for the rest of our projects

I'm sorry.

>>Saturn and Dreamcast games are their current focus
OP, if you're not lying, you just made this user very happy.

>entire old series, but without the last game
>sequel to a sequel from an old series, many years after after the first two came to PC even though it's just ROMs with an emulator embedded into an executable
This does sound like something Sega would come up with, to be honest.

>We used to joke about PS games being what we'd port first if we wanted to tank the funding for the rest of our projects

I...see. Well for what its worth, PSU is my all time favorite game.

seems like it'd be a good time to gauge interest for Yakuza on PC in the west with Yakuza 0. it being a prequel it seems like it'd be a good jump in point.

with the shenmue 3 kikestarter I could have guessed sega would do this.

WHO THE FUCK CARES WHERE IS BAYONETTA ON PC SEGA

>Still no Bayonetta port

are there any plans for the taxman sonic 1 and 2?

Cemu

Bayo isn't owned by Sega like Vanquish is afaik

It's probably up to Platinum to get that one published on PC

PSU servers were completely barren after PSO2 came out. That was why they pulled the plug on everything so quickly.

JSRF WHEN

It is, my box for Bayo 2 has SEGA wrote on it. Nintendo funded the sequel

>Vanquish
>Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Too good to be true

I hope they release crazy taxi 3

Welp, message spontaneously got Saturn emulation recently, so you're a little late despite having 2 decades to do it. Unless there's some secret deal going on, eg like with Kega.

Also, wtf was up with ThreeRings? Brain drain, mismanagement or crushed to death by Sega?

Sega published it but Platinum themselves own the IP, and were even able to get Nintendo to publish the first for Wii U - so yeah, I doubt Sega owns jackshit on the rights for anything but selling it on PS3/360

it is owned by sega

PC is literally getting all the good console games lately. If this shit continues, in a decade developers will be firmly on the PC.

>PC saves Japanese gaming from the depths of mobile hell

Bayonetta on Cemu is already running at 60 fps. Its pretty much on PC

PSO 2 WESTERN RELEASE WHEN SEGA!?

When SEGA starts doing this again; it will once again shake the heavens.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aRB_ETfJk

*Mednafen got Saturn emulation

>Where the fuck is Sonic Unleashed?
On the off chance that you're not aware:

moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project/news/sonic-generations-unleashed-project-10-released

yes, this seems perfectly playable
youtube.com/watch?v=hSEwHir7v9E

PLEASE! GOD DAMNIT PLEASE! I WILL GIVE THE PRESIDENT A BLOWJOB IF THIS COMES TO STEAM!

My friends actually got a bit pissy about that when it dropped. Apparently it's not affected management's disposition much yet though.

And I couldn't tell you, I only worked on or was in contact with a very limited number of teams.

It already has a PC port.

>>Skies of Arcadia Legends was originally meant to be done years ago but the source code cannot be found and they're now just doing vanilla instead since its easier to port
Oh come on, the Legends additions were awesome. What a shame.

fug

platinum pls

>Unless there's some secret deal going on, eg like with Kega.
eeeeeeeeeeeeh?

Shining Force would be sweet. I'll fucking pre-order it if Sega is based enough.

*PRESIDENT OF SEGA OR WHOEVER GETS THIS PORTED

Trust me, we were all very pissed off about that. We spent ages waiting for the files to be sent to us so we could start planning out work properly, and wasted a lot of time trying to 'politely' request info on why there was a hold up, and then got told it wasn't able to be located out of the blue with no explanation.

We even dropped it for a while to see if it turned up, long enough that it was only after I left the decision to do vanilla was made.

Don't get your hopes up. OP is full of shit. Sega has confirmed that some of the Panzer Dragoon source codes have been lost. So unless an intern has found them in some long forgotten shoe box, OP is lying through his teeth.

>Radiant Silvergun

Fake, Treasure owns the IP. Nice try OP

Resonance of Fate should be the main priority

The pc port is trash. Shit music and shit framerate.

source: my ass.___________________________

post pics please

SOMEONE PLEASE PORT SONIC UNLEASHED TO PC because I want to see the poor user giving blowjob to President of whatever.

You better make sure to record that shit.

Is there a version, shell, or fork of Mednafen that doesn't have an interface made for fucking crazy people? Fuck Retroarch.

Stop it. Sega threads are not for gays. Go make a Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft thread if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Like I said, it's only under strong consideration. I'm not privy to the details but talks have happened for it, and unlike others they didn't get shot down right off the bat - so it's a possibility that's being considered.

You'd be surprised what can be done by a dedicated and passionate team when they manage to get their hands on source code for one of the three and have a sufficient amount of time and money

Ay, who do you think I am talking about? When it comes to SEGA, I learned how not to get my hopes up, I am just saying that in case of Shining Force 3 happening I'll give them all of my money.

>Vanquish
>2018
You don't understand, I need it NOW

So, what, they were able to rip the assets out of the other two and rebuild them since they had the source for the third and they're on the same engine?

You realise that no matter how good they've done at recreating them, autists will bitch about every minor variance between the originals and them - right?

what's wrong with Mednafen? for PSX you literally just drag and drop a file onto the .exe and it just werks.

Do all Sonic players have autism? Why does Sonic, 3d platformers and Nintendo games attract autismos?

I prefer to use Open dialogs, thank you.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY YAKUZA ON PC

>Like I said, it's only under strong consideration.

But it doesn't make any sense, SEGA should know what are their IP. I mean Guardian Heroes we already know it's a SEGA IP, but Radiant Silvergun is owned by Treasure, after all they ported it for Xbox 360. Also, wasn't the Panzer Dragoon Saga source code lost or something? Trust me OP, i really want it to be true, but it seems more like a dream list of games made by a fan

>We used to joke about PS games being what we'd port first if we wanted to tank the funding for the rest of our projects

>speedreaders

you can download GUIs for it that add stuff like that, and option menus. just google mednafen gui.

>no mention of a Resonance Of Fate port

ONE JOB

mein negger

>Saga
and that's how we all know you're lying
they lost the source, if you were going to make up stuff like this you really shouldn't have chose the one perma-NEVER EVER

fuck off slowpoke

Unleashed is 50% shit m8

>Shining Force 3

They had damn well do all 4 disks then.

how the fuck did this happen so quickly?

And to think I wanted to buy a wii u for xeno x, lol

>Xbox exclusives are being looked into but they need MS to agree to most of them due to deals made back in the day for them
This is almost certainly not true. At the time Sega was diversifying and putting IP out on every platform. They wouldn't have signed away JSRF for more than a decade, and MS wouldn't bother doing that either.

Like I said, lots of stuff has been examined for porting potential - which happens to include some stuff that Sega doesn't own, but still published.

Nearly all have been shot down by management or the rights holders, but Radiant Silvergun is just one that has made it to the point where it's now considered a possible option - nothing is set in stone yet, though.

Also, consult the second half of that post for the Panzer Dragoon thing.

user, read the thread.

lol

half of these games would sell like 5-10k

theyd be a fucking bomb

WHENS
SPACE
CHANNEL
PART

I dunno, the confirmed stuff seems like no brainers.

>Vanquish
Will sell because it's an A team platinum game
>Skies of Arcadia
Will sell because muh nostalgic jurpuhgu
>Panzer Dragoon + Zwei + Saga
The only thing close to a risk on the list, but if it's a trilogy pack then it's cult classic status should make it do okay since it'll just look like a good deal.
No way this won't make money
Will sell because the average consumer is a fucking idiot who won't even bother to check if it's different to Chronicles before pre-ordering and god I fucking hate that it'll make money

Anybody else have Donhort crashing their emulator every time he gets a fucking turn?

Any chance of games already released on Windows getting Steam versions? Billy Hatcher, Sonic Heroes, etc. Seems like an easy job.

Fair enough, I can understand why you'd think I'm lying.

vanquish barely sold on consoles, but I'd pick it up for the 1080p, game had gorgeous environments and my ps3 didn't do them justice

anyway I know extra challenges is too much to hope for but at least maybe someone will do some mods, I'd also love a difficulty specific new game+ to max out each weapon

This makes sense. Japs don't port their games to PC for Japanese audiences but for the west, where there is actually profit to be made from PC players.

Same when KT had Attack on Titan for PS4/3/Vita and then they ported it to PC when they localized it for the west.

>Valkyria Azure Revolution
I thought they kill this IP for burger forever.

No idea, no mention of it when I worked there since it was outside the scope of the team and I've never bothered to ask anyone about it since.

Can you tell us what happened with the last initiative SEGA had to bring back DC games? We were told "18 to 24 titles" were being considered but in the end all we got was Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Crazy Taxi, JSR, Space Channel 5 and SEGA Bass Fishing.

Because all of them except sonic adventure sold bad, what did you expect? another porting effort only to sell 10k?

>>Saturn and Dreamcast games are their current focus
Seaman and Contra Hard Corps are the only two interesting games from these systems.
They can fuck right off with anything else. Yes, even the generic trash you love. Especially the generic trash you love.

>Contra Hard Corps
>from these systems

9/10 bait, mate

>Currently planned PC ports supposed to release by the start of 2018

Probably a stupid question, but do you mean they're gonna dump all these games in quick succession in that time frame or that they intend to have all those games out before 2018?

Also, what the fuck took them so long?

Colors you mean.

I'd pay good money for a PC version of Colors

What about VF5FS, some other user already said its coming

>shovelware

No, no one wants that. For real.

Buddy, it's been four years. Let it go already. Either go play on the Japanese server or never play it. The game's not coming.