Raikiri is overrated edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YX8CdR4q_6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=R1dw3sMPUCw
youtube.com/watch?v=9FVyDzfOCC4
youtu.be/_WSJw6qXI_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had more fun with lords of the fallen
Seems okay though, I'll probably get a cheap preowned copy.

>earth
>better than rightning

My raikiri does 387. Get FUCKED.

>348
>tfw my Tombo-Kiri is on 390
>mfw 2.5k health to boot
Feels good mang

What the fuck does proficiency bonus mean. Where's my proficience mutiplier? I only see the word proficiency pop up every now and then when I use my katana, where can I check it?

I hate complicated stats, can I just pick any weapon and roll with it?

Check the status screen.

Familiarity. Senpai.

>they actually made a weapon that scales with health

w h y

Yeah but in Japan you hit fourty and kinda stop aging till sixy-five.

If you so desire. Attack is the only stat that is absolutely crucial.

>alpha

What should I bitch about in the survey? I feel like I'm forgetting some stuff.

No, idiot. They're different things. Proficiency with each weapon is listed on the status screen.

Weapons haven o statreqs. Only armor. Weapons get benefits from different stats, and certain unique weapons get boosts on potential lines from stats, raikiri and juzumaru are excellent examples. Juzumaru gets an additional bonus to it's damage from familiarity (all weapons get a boost, but that line gives an extra boost). Raikiri benefits from the spirit stat which governs your spirit stuff.

It's not, the other guy was right. I have a kat proficiency level of 1153131. No idea if that's good.

Just to check, but when it talks about "Break skill," it's talking damage to enemy Ki, right?

Spears are the weapons of Generals. Of course we gotta have lots of HP.
youtube.com/watch?v=YX8CdR4q_6Y

>get TWO Tombo-kiri
>soul match a lightning Sasso on it
>proceed to grind renevants to increase its power
My nigga

I played through it early on the JP version because I couldnt wait on my english account, so i couldnt get my marks because it was trying to access the JP store

Playing through it again on the english version now, How fun are spears? What stats are best to level up with it? I'll be doing Isonade and Spear this time through

Tell them to make the little Ki pulse lights on Williams more obvious

Why do people not use the help function that explains everything in the menus in-game?

BODY. WHICH IS ALSO HEALTH.
40 Body ALL THE WAY FOR MAXIMUM CARNAGE

Is there a basic guide to understanding the gameplay elements?

youtube.com/watch?v=R1dw3sMPUCw

They made them less visible because people complained about it being too distracting in the alpha.

tell them to buff shuriken
either the damage or give you more of them

>check out "wind" on my weapon
>"adds wind attribute to your attack"

Real helpful stuff there.

>low stance
basically cheating

Spears feel good

...maybe a little too good? Like, they have good attack power, reach, and are decently fast. They're not as good as an all rounder as Katanas, but I dunno.

That sounds like a cuhrazy idea
I like it

>look at my guy with level 1 million everything beat a weak enemy

Does anyone use Dual Kats here? I feel like I'm in the minority. I use 2 sets so I can level them up simultaneously. I barely see any revenants with them though.

The first level, that one section in the start menu on the right, the tutorial.

>look at my guy with level 1 million everything beat a weak enemy
what did he mean by this

What more do you need to know, exactly?

By the time you get Tombo-Kiri. If you have 40 Body, you'll have roughly 2.5k HP and an almost 400 Dmg spear.

Dual last for 1v1 and spear for multiples for me

So pvp probably wont be in the main game

There's a tutorial that teaches you how to hit stuff but that's about it. It's fucking pointless though because they left all the same tutorial descriptive items in the first level.

I'm starting to think that level on items is totally random, where as nearly everything else is governed by luck.

I do. My 2kat is I honestly like wind, pretty neat.

They're better at Katanas than everything EXCEPT for parrying. Even then, Spears have a pretty overpowered parry, because it actually knocks then enemy on the ground, allowing for critical.

Spears are overpowered. Which makes me incomparably happy, since I'm a huge spearfag. And spears are almost always trash.

Have fun. Don't forget to check out the new game by the devs of LotF.

as much as I like the magic and ninja arts I think I'll actually do this

youtube.com/watch?v=9FVyDzfOCC4

It's overpowered. But it's incredibly fun. Spears have an amazing moveset on all stances. And the skills are crazy fun. Especially the leaps, water flurry and the pole dancing shit.

What wind does, unless I was lied to about every element inflicting their own status effect.

>40 body
>I only have 8 at level 47

>some Souls youtuber will try to make lore videos about Nioh

I dunno, there's still that geyed out "Wanderer" option at the multiplayer gate. Maybe it's an invasion mechanic?

>[Please let us know any other opinions or suggestions below:] exceeds the maximum character limit.

I recognise some of the references in this game because of Okami

>implying Nioh has lore

just cleared the twilight side mission.
super intense.
on the final wave I was low health and out of elixirs.
i managed to take out the banjo player and one wheel giving me just enough spirit gauge to do living weapon and wipe the floor with the other wheel and the revenant.

>Also a huge spearfag
>But also kind of a try hard
>Caught between just enjoying the spear's sweet move set and not wanting to feel like I'm using the game's easy mode

I've ruined video games for myself

no worries man we already have terramantis doing shitty videos for it let's hope it gets a pc release so it shits up nioh threads for the rest of time aswell

All the lore of the game has been given to you nicely through weapon descriptions and the like.
Which are mostly just trivia on what kind they are.

The story of the game is given to you.
I want a Yokai beastiary because knowing how they came to be would actually be quite nice.

If a youtuber tries to make lore vids on it it'd just be funny becaue all they could say is that it's an alternate history.
It's not some kind of 2deep4u bullshit.

>He didn't look at the equipment descriptions

>tfw just found out I can unleash my motherfucking spiritfu while wielding the living weapon
Holy fuck, flying sharks everywhere.

>I want a Yokai beastiary because knowing how they came to be would actually be quite nice.
But they tell you that for most of them ingame already.

Wait until 1/3rd through when the ayylmaos start appearing.

They really need to fix iai not coming out

Next you'll tell me souls has lore for that same """""""""""reason"""""""""

youtu.be/_WSJw6qXI_Y
Dual Katana is disgusting.

I really want to do that, but I always end just flailing with my sword because the timer is ticking down

>A Level Agility
>2kat
>Gotten every single Flux, Ki Burst and Dodge Skill
>gotten good at Ki Burst and Stance Switching with Flux
>learnt all my skills
Now this is speed. I just did Twilight 2 Tongue Guys and the 2 Wheels afterward without even getting hit once.

My man, I only have a water Seki, its pretty nice though. I want some other elements to test them out, but my other Kats are kind of trash.

I know them because of yokai watch

HOLY SHIT DELETE THIS

Well let me know if you want to go revenant grinding or what have you, we can try to get you a unique one.

That skill is so dumb

You're not timing it properly

Now that you all have had a lot of time to get a feel for the game, did this end up being more like Onimusha or Dark Souls?

I mean more for the different kinds of Yokai we end up finding.
Because while we kinda know how each individual one came about but not why the Yokai exist in their forms.

>BUT MUH SPEARS ARE OVERPOWERED
Fuck you. Spears and Katana are balance. This is bullshit.

A shitty version of Dark Souls.

It was actually because I was pressing a direction. Unless you don't touch the left stick at all it fails

Onimusha

Bad souls imitation that needs its own identity in order to thrive

That is not entirely correct. Some Youkai take on that specific form, because of how they came to be.

Nonsense

They're pretty fun, I did both my playthroughs with a mid stance katana on Alpha and Beta but I switched to spears and they felt a lot more fun than they did in Alpha, either that or I just finally was able to learn them.

Feels like Nioh. I hope Capcom decides to produce a new Onimusha and usher in a new age of Samurai games. With the Yakuza devs hopefully doing another edo period Yakuza game.

Spears are OP because they make every single encounter cheesable as fuck.

So you a Beta?

Where do I get dual element katana

Except that move is worthless outside of a few 1v1 encounters, while spears are the best weapon in virtually every situation.

I'm testing it rite now

Luck. Or end game twilight missions

you can't. No weapon is dual element. Period.

Who /honorabusamurai/ here?

Like getting killed in front of a shrine? I should do that actually, my Seki is pretty nice for this area. I think.

There is a earth and wind 2kat

Really?

No, there isn't. There's a wind one, and an earth one. They're different weapons though.

I really like the stances and the abilities.
Makes it really rewarding to learn to master your weapon.