Monster hunter is fuckin shit

Monster hunter is fuckin shit
Tried to play this piece of a fuck for 6 hours today, they controlls are awful, camera is terrible, and the monsters themselves have no clear fuckin indication of what the fuck are they about to do.
Oh you just did a fuckin charge?Lemme beat you up then and the monster decides fuck you TACKLE, 1/3 of you hp has been removed
The only people that can play this fuckin piece of shit are some kid of twisted masochistic weeabos that want to be as autistic as japanese betas
fuck this game

Other urls found in this thread:

mhgen.kiranico.com/item/accolade-g
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
youtube.com/watch?v=45qaAERhrDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a better class of monsters?

Where can I reliably get Accolade Gs from?

Elder dragon fights

It'd be better on the Vita. The Bow gun and bows really need 2 sticks with diagonal control. C-Stick isn't cutting it.

I keep getting normal commendations

Google is your friend

mhgen.kiranico.com/item/accolade-g

Yeah I tried some of that, still normal commendations. The list is not accurate

Ping's Dex reports the same thing so clearly the problem is on your end.

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing

gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
>Capcom will stream Tokyo Game Show 2016 live from the show floor on September 15 from 20:00 JST, and September 17 and 18 from 10:00 to 17:00 each day. Expect the latest information on Capcom’s upcoming lineup.

Fuck off

General post for a general thread

Are you sure you're doing the HR7 elder dragon quests and not the HR3?

you forgot the
monster hunter thread

I dislike Brachy, he's too jumpy for my taste. And raging is straight un fun.

But Glav is pretty cool.

What should be my 4th skill, I'm using a Charm editor because fuck that noise. I can't fit anything past attack S and I can not fit Quick Sheathe.

Ashen Array

Crit Draw
Crit boost
Focus

youtube.com/watch?v=45qaAERhrDA

Yeah just noticed the problem. Fucking quests have the same name so I got mixed up.

That's been a recent thing that caught on for some reason and threads were better without it because the OP often had more subtle points.

And you couldn't tell from the obvious "Guild 7/Village 6" labels? Are you dyslexic?

Nothing because you're cheating in a game with the easiest charm run to date.

Why would I want to spend hours farming for a perfect charm when it is extremely tedious, unfun, and unsatisfying.

Just because they make it less annoying doesn't mean it's not one of the most annoying things in the game.

Use the charms the game gives you and build around that.

Unless you're one of those min-maxing fags who used CB in 4u, and tripped all his teammates but it was okay because I DO THE MOST DAMAGE.

Otherwise, use git gud___

Got a room up for turns.

45-2174-9692-9328
Password is 7243

I ran up to the quest board and signed on without checking the stars you dipshit.

You're retarded. Gotcha.

Alright, guys

>Favorite Weapon?
>Favorite Armor?
>Favorite Monster?
>Favorite Map?
>Favorite Game?

The whole game is about farming though

Melynx Gadget
Ace Gunner
Shen Gaoren
Deserted Island
3U

Iron Striker
Vangis Male
Shen Gaoren
Any volcano map
Freedom Unite

I don't mind farming big monsters and shit. They're fun and I feel rewarded when I get a 1% drop from a tough as nails monster.

There is no difficulty in getting charms, and they have millions of seeds that could end up as full of worthless skills.

Yeah except hunting monsters is fun but mining for coal the exact same way for literally hours is not.

Glaveneus needs to be slightly shorter or do less sideways shuffling or some shit, dude's way too narrow and just tall enough to be annoying as fuck to actually hit as a Blademaster.

Build sets around what you have instead of aiming for minmaxed bullshit that only works with one specific charm, faggot

>liking shen
Great taste

GS
Wroggi
Narga
Deserted Island
Probably 3U

>Shen Gaoren
Mah nigga. Isn't his theme the best in the finale?

I'm not even min maxxing.

I'm using the charms to get the skills I want on the armor I like the look of. I'm gonna be stylish and practical.

>Hammer
>Ceanataur
>Ludroth
>Gen 1 Desert
>P3rd

I don't know why they haven't brought him back

Could you imagine how fun it would be climbing all over him and he konchu all over his legs trying to knock you down

Shit would be awesome

>Gen 1 Desert
>Chasing cephadrome around the entire large area
Those were dark times.

>Jumping from leg to leg as he tries to shake you off
Donkey Kong 3 up in this shit

Yeah Cephadrome is a stupid faggot and is even worse in Gen 1 and 2 deserts, but that map was so fucking good.

>Sword and Shield
>Barioth X
>Jhen Morhan
>Deserted Island
>4U

>Jhen Mohran
>favorite monster
Nigger you what?

I like the fight. It's fairly engaging doing it with pubs. I probably carried a ton of shitters to HR in tri just because I liked doing Jhen a lot.

I liked it so much that on my 2nd character I made an early Jhen Morhan set during the LR Jhen fight that happened during the sandstorm

>trying to capture Silverwind Nargacuga
Stop hopping around, you fucking retard.

I guess I can't talk too much shit, I love Lao Shan Lung and they're basically the same fight.

Shouldn't you be in the /vg/ general with the rest of those overly antagonistic assholes like you?

Man I do too. All these siege monsters were the best because you're fighting the clock and fort/ship integrity. It gets intense.

There's a lot of part breaks and it feels good knowing how to do the ballista and the timing on the dragonator. Getting all the breaks with rank appropiate gear is fairly challenging in it's own right too

Hammer
Obituary
Barioth
Ancient Steppe
MH4U

Do you think they'll ever bring back Yama Tsukami?

Don't.
Focus.
On charms.

Make the best set you can with what you've got and jewels, then upgrade if you find a better charm.

You fucking people, so fucking focused on charms that you'll grind them endlessly forever or cheat to get them. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why can't you just use the sets, or mix and match, and be happy with what you get from jewels and add the charms on top of that? My quality of life in Monster Hunter has gone up so significantly ever since I gave up trying to get those extra two points here and there with the perfect charms and other such bullshit.

This, Gaoren, and Lao Shun Lung needs to return in the next MH.

In MHO probably

>My three brothers and I play monster hunter together
>One of them is married and doesn't get as much time to play
>We meet up to play earlier this week
>Me: HR136 younger bro:HR112 older bro:HR106 married bro: HR4
>4
Should we play less without him, or just keep carrying him through the fights?

They need to rework the fight.

This is regular Sup Forums antagonistic. Not him, but you're legitimately retarded. It starts with "Hub 6" and you immediately go for "Hub 3"?

You have two options. Claim that you're tired because it's 3 in the morning where you are, or that you're drunk as shit. Anything else is just proving how dumb you are.

Are you kidding? Gaoren and Lao Shan are fucking awful

Boo hoo. Go to gamefaqs if you don't want someone calling out your idiocy.

Is there a room or should I make one?

>Play MHGen
>Low rank, have a blast making different weapons and trying the styles
>The 4 wyverns were pretty awesome to fight and farm (except Gamuuto)
>Get to High Rank
>Suddenly all quests are 20+ min long
>There aren't that many new weapons to make, they mostly need upgrading from low rank
>Barely get to HR5
>Getting my shit kicked in

This isn't fun anymore and apparently it will only get worse, what's the easiest weapon to get through HR stuff and which style? I play all of them.

If you don't see anyone advertising a room in the last few posts, just make one.

play online and take turns taking the aggro. Other option is get good with the equipment you currently have and upgrade some shit so you have an element of each weapon you like.

>triple hyper gypceros
I've been poisoned 6 times in the last 4 minutes and that's just the first gypceros
This is such shit.

>poison is such a shit skill, why would I ever want it?

Not like I can't gem it in on the fly. That's not mentioning the constant retard charges the damn bird does.

I don't focus on charms. I use athena for the sets I want and tell it to use two skill charms.

My quality of life has also gone up a lot, who would have thought NOT farming mining spots for literal hours AND still getting to look stylish AND be practical would be so great?

Aight, HR hub here, let's do shit. What, I don't know yet, but maybe it'll involve some deviants at some point.

59-5540-9777-1142

>1 arena match away from the Barrage Earring
>prowler vs gendrome&iodrome
this shit is harder than all the other matches

It feels empty, though, when you don't do it on your own merit. At that point you might as well edit in a weapon with 6666 true raw.

You can't get what you want without time or effort, so you just cheat it in, fuck the rules, fuck the design, fuck the vision of the game. You're totally the sort of person who would take a peek at someone else's cards if they could, or would take one of the spots in monopoly during the break and pretend you always had it.

I'll join and help you user.

is he at least decent? i had this exact same issue in 4 with one of my friends being really good and near my hr and the other one being low rank and not playing often. when we decided to carry him he got decimated by many things in high rank because he didnt learn much because he was carried and complained alot

Does green sharpness bounce against deviant narga and tigrex?

He's plenty competent. We went through all of 3 ultimate together and he was usually the highest rank and fainted the least.
Since he started married life he plays rarely. When he comes over to play we just do his missions to try and rank him up.
He does fine, but it's clear that with our better armor and weapons, that the trio of us other brothers are doing most of the damage.

Why don't you gear down when you play with him then? I'm sure he feels like shit being basically carried and completely outclassed.

As long as OP is shitposting about MH he doesn't need it.

just make low end gear to play with him

As long as I can Ctrl + F 'Monster Hunter' it's fine.

There's no merit required to farm rocks. They don't fight back.

>rocks
>not fighting back
Basarios would disagree

Why not run prowler with him then?

Still be strong but not overly strong and you can work on buffing up those juicy cats

>Finish a few quests
>Everyone in all the different towns have something to talk to me about and more quests to give
Please…stop. I already have too many to do.

What is it about Monster Hunter that makes it so satisfying to hit monsters and shit? I tried God Eater and it just doesn't feel the same

Make some joke weapons to use until he catches up. Like the food weapons or the sharq lance or something.

Because last time I payed god eater, the attacks felt light and it had no weight

nope, Brute Wyvern best Wyvern

Git in here faggets, room for 2 more

How the fuck do I kill Glavenus with Hammer

That's why I don't do charm runs. I just get them from hunts, or when I'm gathering ores. I view charms more as a bonus, than as keys to the best or most viable sets I can make.

There's lots of good sets that can be made with just mixing, matching, and jewels, and with common average charms you just find as a matter of course during progression, and something about that just feels more satisfying to me. It's like winning a lottery, rather than trying to endlessly sift for gold.

Depends on your weapon.

Sharpness does not dictate if a weapon bounces or not, it is a damage modifier, your weapon bounces depending on how much damage is doing and the monster defense.

White and purple increase your damage the most so your attacks almost never bounce.

>Deviants come back in MH5
>yfw Soundbreaker Khezu

This time with image. Why are PST faggots so unwilling to play?

Hitstop and screenshake are applied a bit more tastefully here. When you get a massive swing off on the monster's weakspot and the camera shakes and your animation stops for the splittest of seconds, just enough for you to see, just enough to let you feel like your weapon really wedged itself in there and the only reason it didn't get stuck was because it HAD to go all the way through due to the force behind the attack.

It makes it feel like it's actually hitting, rather than just clipping through the monster while damage numbers come up.

Are you supposed to clear all the key village quests before attempting guild quests solo? I'm only HR4 and I tried to kill a Kecha Wacha and I ended up running out of time. Do I just need to git gud?

Monster Hunter is more grounded somewhat. The slower, more committed combat and weight of the attacks makes it all the more satisfying. Hit the weak spot hard with a high damage weapon and you get an appropriate amount of hitstop to add to the feedback. Feedback is very important in making a satisfying weapon in any game.

Too bad about the increased stagger limits in MHGen making Lv3 GS charges a bit less satisfying and making SnS/DB take forever to trip over a monster.

Was mostly going to use it on the spiked javelin. Thinking of making a set with Critical eye+3 and blunt, with the third skill either being mind's eye or crit boost depending on how often I bounced or not. Not sure if I'm going to go through with it, might just start farming them in glav armor.

Solid proposals.
I'll ask if they're down for this.

nah, guild quest monsters have double HP. you're supposed to play with other people. Speaking of, join my room you bastards:

I don't think they actually intend to you to do guild quests solo.