This shoots grenades

>this shoots grenades

>video-games
>realism

LOL ITS ONLY A GAME

gordon just throws the grenades himself incredibly quickly at high velocity

It obviously keeps grenades in the clip

The Spas-12 can also shoot shells directly out of its magazine tube. Valve doesn't know shit about fuck when it comes to guns.

but what about the THUMP sound

with his mouth

This
It has a second clip in the front, it's probably for grenades.

But what if they replaced that MP7 and SPAS wannabes with things that appeared functionally sound? What would they look like?

He has the grenade in his mouth and THOOMPS it out very quickly.

>doesn't make a sound even when ripped apart by aliens
>does *thump* every time he throws grenade
no user, this is weak theory

i think it's simply a sound of very small object (nade and part of gordon's arm) breaking through speed of sound

liquid nitrogen stupid

What did you think the second barrel is for?

I giggl'd

where does it come from
where does it go
where does it come from cotton eye joe

Did they ever bother fixing this or are they just leaving it up to mods to do their work for them?

>MP7
in the Beta it was OICW. Wait, no, OICW was the OSIPR. I don't remember if MP7 even was in beta. I think MP5k was at some point?
>SPAS
They could've made it a very fast 2-round burst, in fact I think that is what Black Mesa does. Not really realistic, but cool and accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

not willing to discuss the realism of a lever-action rifle in a game with super mutants and ancient aliens

What is happening here?
Why are there multiple reload animations that don't increase the counter?

>ancient aliens
Wut

That's a thing in fallout now?

>game is fantasy, therefore logic doesn't have to apply to any aspect of it

There's only one animation that plays regardless of the ammo capacity. The only reload system in the game is refilling to full.

Fun fact, originally the alt-fire for the SMG was a burst fire while the original AR2 (which looked like an OICW) had the grenade launcher

Those fucks at Valve were most likely too lazy to add a grenade launcher to the model when they changed that stuff around

There's a quest about a family who use alien blood to live forever. Or alien artifacts. Or something. One of them says there's an ancient alien city underneath the Mojave. This is all canon now.

I was referencing the infamous Pete Hines' tweet.

But why is it playing but not refilling on first 4 loads?

>magazine tube

That's how it works for most shotguns, yes.

>with his mouth
Shit, that explains why he doesn't talk, motherfucker has grenades on his mouth.

Dammit Todd.

Max is 5 ammo. No matter if there's one or four left in the gun, it will play the whole animation and at the end, full 5 ammo in the gun again.

>yfw Bethesda makes New Vegas 2 with ancient aliens being the main antagonist

Because the whole animation has to complete before the "reload" happens. It will refill the entire thing at the end. There's no individual segmented load animation system in Fallout 4.

It's no different than what you'd expect of an animation of removing and loading a new magazine and rechambering. The number won't go up until the whole thing is done.

Most other games have a reload system broken up into several parts that allow for things like raising the ammo load in the middle of the animation or in rapid succession. Fallout 4 didn't bother to do more than the bare minimum.

According to Sawyer, looping reloads are a huge pain to make on Gamebryo and they run into all kinds of problems implementing them for New Vegas (some of those crept into the retail version, even). I mean, we both know that Fallout 4 is made on a completely new technologically advanced engine that has literally nothing in common with Gamebryo, but I guess that's one thing they have in common. Somehow.

The smg in Half Life 1 shot grenades.

Yes, that is what its referred to as. Nice try though.

It also had a grenade launcher on its model.

and was a rifle with a UGL in the HD pack.

Yeah, but I think most people don't have a problem with it being an SMG with a GL, which is unusal but acceptable since it's a Sci-Fi series and maybe HECUs wanted something really controllable and not very loud to use in close quarters but ALSO wanted an option for a big boom easily available. In HL2 it doesn't even have a GL on a model, it has two tiny barrels and the grenade is enormous and obviously won't fit into those.

Holy fuck that's just fucking horrible

It would be barely tolerable in a freeware game, but even in a $5 indie game it should be refund time

What the fuck

Pete Hines can fuck off the edge of my dick.

Bethesda likes to play up the comedy of Fallout way, way too much. Fallout 2 goes a little overboard with references, but Fallout 1 is fucking DARK. Comedy isn't that rampant, it's occasional black comedy, never flat-out "oooh look it's just like your '50s sci-fi movies!"

The ridiculous ancient aliens sidequest, the "ghoul kid in a fridge living for hundreds of years with nothing to eat and remaining a kid forever" quest, and Nuka World are making me kind of concerned. A lot concerned.

Fallout 1 isn't very dark, in fact Vegas is probably the darkest FO game ever, but FO1 is certainly less silly, yeah.

It's mostly just FO1's atmosphere. NV has society beginning to re-emerge and showcase why it caused the apocalypse in the first place, FO1 is society just trying to get on its feet. It feels lonely and aimless, none of the settlements are particularly attractive.

Idk, Shady Sands and Junktown are comfy and full of decent people. There are mentions of raiding but no mention of rape, mutilation etc., which New Vegas is full of. Raiders capture Tandi, but when you find her she's okay.

>BUT THATS JUST A THEORY

Not as dumb as healing rocket launchers.

Going full Borderlands with the guns in Fallout 4 was fucking retarded.

if this isn't yolks then that is not a second clip, it's a folding foregrip