How does Sup Forums feel about Pillars of Eternity?

How does Sup Forums feel about Pillars of Eternity?

It's hard to feel anything about distilled mediocrity.

The setting is a bit bland but the writing and companion dialogues are great.

I made a priest of Eothas and I'm getting assaulted by flavoury lore goodness left and right.

Combat is meh, as with the Infinity Engine games before it but their insistance on making everything balanced makes it even less interesting.

Overall solid though. Would recommend if you liked BG 1 and 2.

I don't really feel much about it at all. It was okay for one playthrough, but I probably wouldn't play it again.

I liked the mature story, lore, visuals, companions, combat on potd, writing, reputation system and spellcasters

disliked loading times, too many trashmobs, music was just ok, disappointing stronghold and mega dungeon

overall it's a good game but poe 2 must improve on ton of things to become truly great

No one cares.
Go to the RPG cuckdex if you are into autists arguing with autists about irrelevant games.

Playing it now, second playthrough with different companions than last time. Lots of fun, looking forward to Tyranny.

I overall enjoyed the game. The story was pretty good and the characters were alright. My biggest problem was the loading times and the stronghold system, which only seemed to exist as a money sink.
If Obsidian makes a Pillars of Eternity 2, they need to change the combat system. The trade off between more protective armor and attacking less often wasn't a huge problem when you found enchanted robes that gave defense and didn't slow your attacks down. I liked the idea of the chanter class, but you never got enough chants to experiment with different combinations of buffs.

>m-muh torment interview
>muh kickstarter
Is there a more cucked website?

What would be better for a gimmick run, full wizard party, or druid PC with 5 rangers?

Playing it now. Held off playing white march because the loading times were putting me off. About to get rekt by concelhaut

6 monks
all blacks

6 chanters. Optionally 5 + Kana Rua.

you didn't actually enjoy BG it's all nostalgia.
t. Sawyer

yeah, Sup Forums's Sup Forums post 2009

what a boring piece of crap drama

who the fuck cares about some interview?

Speaking of Kana
>PoE2 takes place in tropical place
>only confirmed returning companions are Eder, Aloth, and birdtits
Makes sense.

autists that spent over $1000 on a kickstarter

They were hoping that KS would fuel a rebirth of the golden age.
Sadly for them it was stillborn.

New projects are announced and they jump right back in.
PT Barnum was right.

You have to admit that it was hilarious that they got dismissed with the "we only have time for tier 1 sites" excuse, and then made an interview with Rocket Bean Tv.

6 fighters with bows. BaldurĀ“s gate style.

Aw, she was the only one I didn't like. At least Eder will be back to regulate up front.

How are you supposed to play a rogue? No matter when I send them into a fight, they just get piled on a die instantly

You really have to micromanage rogues. Your best bet would be either to get a lot of the disengagement spells and do hit and runs where you attack enemies that have debuffs or flank them to get that sweet sneak attack damage, or go full ranged.

It was good

loading times sucked dick tho

>Go to the RPG cuckdex if you are into autists arguing with autists about irrelevant games.
But that's Sup Forums

Having a very hard time caring about it to be honest

I mean as much as Sup Forums likes to meme about Kickstarter, most of the CRPGs to come out of it actually have been really good so? It's not like they don't have good reason to be satisfied with the outcome so far?

Didn't get it. Nothing anyone said about it after launch made me want to.

bland, milquetoast, pablum

are what i feelings it

It existed. I played it once.

That's pretty much the extent of my feelings towards it.

Hope Tyranny won't be as bland.

what is the most Easymode party combination? I just want to experience the story and lore and not min-max every single fight

I really like the idea behind tyranny
then again the PoE setting had a lot of potential as well
the idea of renaissance era pseudo-scientists letting all their bullshit loose on souls is pretty darn interesting in theory. In practice it wasn't used enough

I tried getting into it but the combat is simply too slow paced. Also no romance in an RPG is a nono.

how effective is a 6 aumaua 4 arquebus each squad?

6 druids. Make one a tank.

Boring.

Just really boring...

RPGcodex is full of hypocrites that bitch and moan about the "decline" of modern RPGs and consolization while worshipping games like Bloodlines under the same breath. No new game will ever live up to the hype.

started out really interesting but every single combat encounter made it worse and worse until I couldn't do it anymore.

lurker king is such a tryhard wannabe kool kid holy shit
because of those fucking shitposting hivemind codex becoming less and less appiling to browse
those 2013+ edgy chan refugees are the worst
I want to kill lurker king, bester, volrath(one of the biggest edgekings) and kem0sabe(biggest jaded lord)
at least posters like excidium are funny in what they're doing

I agree

Really good characters, good villain and good VA.
Pretty game.
A bit short story.
Little replay value.
Combat is not engaging. But that was maybe cause I played monk, I shouldn't have played monk, why did I play as a fucking monk?

wtf you talking about

>I shouldn't have played monk, why did I play as a fucking monk?
because the concept of a first fighting self-improving perfectionist is cool on paper but not so fun when it comes to playing as one
you should as always pick one of the casters class

was pretty fun
zahua is an absolute fucking monster that shits entire freight trains shipping cans of whoop ass

Indie shills like lurker cuck need to die.

Didn't like the story too much and it was fucking retarded that you only had x uses of certain spells for each rest.
There was no penalty for going back to your stronghold and sleeping after every major fight so all it did was force you to go through that process more often than necessary.

>irrelevant games

How is talking about game x in a game x thread irrelevant?

Played as a monk, was never happy with my character build because the character class itself felt fundamentally broken. Stopped playing because of that.

Have not gone back yet.

Ian detected
why did you defect from the sjws?

monk is so fucking anti-fun to use on POTD
he basically requires constant babysitting because he need to hp tank in a game based on deflection tanking

Will Tranny be good?

>Sawyer is not involved
maybe

>complaining about forum posters
user, please. Have some self respect. If you do this you might as well register and join their circlejerk.

Forum posters are always the worst jerking off over post count and join date. That's why I just shitpost on Sup Forums now.

It's ok. has a plenty of flaws and weak elements, but ends up solid enough for a good playthrough or a few.

Combat looks pretty simplified but that might be for the better.

Exactly. This is why not giving a single fuck about what the RPG Codex, its posters, or any other forum for that matter do is the only way you don't end up being an equally huge faggot. I don't understand some anons' obsession with a bunch of random fuckers on a completely irrelevant place.