Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom

How can they get away with porting a game and not adding any form of mouse support?
there is literally 3 wasd-like setups on the keyboard
wasd, tfgh, and ijkl for movement, camera movement, and pick related and then some more buttons for other stuff

i don't have 3 god damn hands, how can they get away with this, how is this poorly done port getting very positive reviews?

it's the current fucking year, not the 90s, mouse support is standard in PC games, especially an action game where quickly maneuvering in a 3d environment is a main feature

It's the port of a Vita game; of course it's going to be a poor port.

it's a port of the console version, and PC ports can be good, just not when done by koei tecmo

tecmo koei pc port are all same shit.

This is every fucking Japanese pc port. They are retarded because their 8'x6' houses can't fit computers. They don't even detect pc gamepads.

>no matter what i map the game detects it as a different button on an xbox controller and completely throws me off in the tutorials

HOW THE FUCK DO I FIX XBOX CONTROLLER SETUP
Fucking X is A and I can't change targets in combat mode, it's like the fucking controller is completely backwards. The fucking start button on the controller registers as the right trigger alongside the actual right trigger.
PLEASE HELP

Loving the shit out of this, also working fine over here. Did you guys run it in win7 comp modo?

I'm guessing you're using an XONE controller?

Yeah the porting job is so bad, only an official 360 gamepad by Microsoft will have correct controls.

No, Afterglow X360 controller

xbone pad working perfectly fine over here. You fags suck at this.

>tfw using ps3 controller
>thought i was only going to have to account for xbox button displays
>got xbox button displats and completely fucked up, triangle translates to B, cross translates to Y, circle translates to A, but at least square translates to X and the bumpers are in order.
really wish it would detect my start and select buttons, i have to use L3 to open the menu and pause

Why is everyone retarded and never bother looking up how to fix glitches.

Cant play online because people refuse to Turn off their fucking mics.

because they're not glitches, they're features

I meant more the fact that people can disable their mics and not crash the game for fucking everyone.

It's 2016, not the 2000's
Games requiring a controller when designed for consoles is the standard

Yeah I got the same shit with my Afterglow too

Anyone fancy playing multiplayer on PC?

and it's running at 59fps???
WHAT THE FUCK!
boycott that shit

since it's 2016, when releasing games to PC, things like knowing that a PC has a mouse with at least 2 buttons on it that are typically mapped to an action button should be understood by the team porting it to PC. there is no excuse to not use standard PC control conventions when releasing a game on PC, no one expects to play CoD with both hands on the keyboard because they have no option but to aim like they're playing DOOM because it's primarily seen as a console game

So what is the change combat target key on the keyboard, I've pressed every key and nothing's fucking happened and I'm stuck in training.
It's right stick in combat mode and my fucking game won't tell me the keyboard control

since it's right analog on the controller, probably one of the camera control keys... maybe

Is the game itself any good?

Game runs great, only problem I have is the hugeass fucking hud, can't see shit.-
Can't remember when I last had this much fun with a game.

THANK YOU

what were they thinking, i had to rebind everything and:
>camera doesn't follow character it's just there where you moved it before moving
>you can't rebind esc key to dash after hook (yes fucking esc and it's crucial to killing shit)
>mouse doesn't work but you know it
>esc is dash and to open menu you need to press f1?
>i still idk if it's worth playing with shitty steam controller but i'm 99% sure it won't be great to play with

fuck japanese game devs they are super lazy, none of games released on pc shouldn't be not playable without m+kb

The game really makes you feel like a badass once you get going. Swooping over buildings, slaying bodies just so you can change directions in mid air. Turning one titan into five pieces in 15 seconds.

Best spiderman game yet.

So far the game is easy as fuck. You literally (literally) only have to press two buttons to kill a titan. Surprising this is even a jap game. Does it get harder later on or what?

Yes

>15 seconds
Casual

Near the end of chapter 2 on normal. Situations where 2-4 huge titans are piled on top of each other and game gives you a character that cannot one hit kill them are hard to handle.

is there any reason to use the horse?

The game is like 80% hud. Someone needs to figure out a way to change it. Preferably no hud at all.

Some parts are too flat to move around easily but otherwise no.

How does the multiplayer work in this game? Can you create custom characters?

>My laptop can run Fallout 4 better than this game
WEW

so that's the power of retards who want to cashcow pc instead of doing good port because it looks like ps3 game

Why would anyone want to play this with keyboard?

I don't believe you, why shitpost?
kys

>it's the current fucking year, not the 90s, mouse support is standard in PC games, especially an action game where quickly maneuvering in a 3d environment is a main feature

>it's the current fucking year
what? are you sure?

>*frrrt* *frrt* *frrrt* WHY ISN'T THIS STRIPPED DOWN PORT CATERING TO US, THE MOST SUPERIOR OF ALL GAMERS? PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR GAMES YOU FISGUSTING CONSOLE PEASANTS

Every time.

I can get 25-40FPS in Fallout 4 on medium/high (More or less custom settings, shadows and the lighting bullshit on low and textures maxed. 2x AA and 4-8x Anistropy)
I'm lucky to get 20FPS in this game with shadows and shafts of light turned off

tl;dr I get more FPS in FO4 than in Attack on Titan Wings of Freedom

They did a great job of capturing the show tbqh

you can't seriously be implying that wanting a PC port to be compatible with mouse and keyboard controls is asking too much

I don't get your reasoning, you are comparing apples to oranges. What speccs does your gay ass laptop got?

It's console game, I wouldn't even think about playing this with m/kb. That being said, it should be standard.

Console game means nothing, DD was pretty great with m/kb.

I love the part where you pretend that you console plebs that keep these communist shitboxes on life support, somehow make the games, or got any say in anything whatsoever.
Take your passive aggressive piece of shit teenage ass out of here and stop fucking posting.

>anime face
what did he mean by this?

>More intensive game runs better than a less intensive one
I guess that would be apples to oranges with that reasoning
A10-5750M
8650g running crossfire "Dual Graphics" with an 8750m
8Gb RAM

Haven't tried desu, again a console game from the start. But then again they did an outstanding pc port that is a shining example of developers that have pride in what they are doing.
Let's face it 90% of the industry are soulless wageslave hacks.

What was the game originally developed for, you fucking idiot?

Fucking hell PCucks are insufferably elitist.

Are drums the best weapons?

From a programming standpoint, it really shouldn't be hard to add support though.
And why wouldn't you add proper peripheral support when you'd attract so many more customers and make more shekel is what I don't understand.

it really doesn't matter what it was originally developed for, PC ports can be good, you can't say that ports have to be shitty on platform they were originally made for, because that's a blatant falsehood. it's just that Koei Tecmo makes really bad PC Ports and despite the fact that they're trying to break into the PC market more often in recent years they've made no effort to improve the quality of their ports, which is justifiable cause for complaint

>you can't say that ports have to be shitty on platform they were originally made for
*you can't say that ports have to be shitty on any platform but the one they were originally made for

>More intensive game
The Creation engine is not more intensive, it's simply complete ass and outdated tech.
>8750m
That's not even toaster level dude, that's more like smartphone level...
Judging from history it probably isn't the best optimized port ever, but it seems that my mid-tier rig runs it like it's an indie game.

Seen a lot of complaints like this so I have to ask: Are you retarded?

What would you even use the mouse for when the camera is supposed to be super loose? Do you remember the shitty fan game for this? Do you want that kind of garbage controls? Why the fuck don't you own a gamepad now that emulation has existed for like fifteen years and action games are plentiful?

M-master race.

...guys?

Some pencil pusher calls the shots user. He probably said, "let's see if it sells and after a specific quota is met you guys are allowed to work on a patch" or something.

>What would you even use the mouse for when the camera is supposed to be super loose?
attacking/anchoring

Anyone, please?

Mods?

And then you'd hop up and down to slam your dick against the camera keys?

Mouse controls wouldn't work well with this game. You'd need to be incredibly precise not to send the camera spinning during combat and THEN that would make looking around a pain.

no, the camera controls would be controlled by mouse movement instead of TFGH
left and right click would be used for attacking and anchoring as well as clicking through dialogue

ctrl would be fine remaining camera reset since there's no crouching

also i'd change it so space is jump and shift is dash

>you can't say that ports have to be shitty on platform they were originally made for,
BUT. IT. FUCKING. WASN'T.
You mean developed ON PC, don't you?

>faggots with controller issues are using this POS

fucking kek

no i mean if a game is made for a playstation it doesn't mean it's going to be a shitty port on xbox and vice versa, so why is it that you seem to think it is only natural that a game ported to PC will be shit when PC games ported to console doesn't mean it will inherently be shit and there have been many console games ported to PC that were done very well?