Which game had the better soundtrack in your opinion?

Which game had the better soundtrack in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nblK0dtd1GA
youtube.com/watch?v=pcamjcoRmrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aZuI3ZkCHfs
youtube.com/watch?v=A-uBTE8GNbg
youtube.com/watch?v=_V5cOeSH4RI
youtube.com/watch?v=rnnqoFzT6p0
youtube.com/watch?v=WVph5zlM5JA
soundcloud.com/not-bees/666-pop-pop-deluxe
youtube.com/watch?v=hVF10aqfruk
youtube.com/watch?v=RUamYxDhog0
youtube.com/watch?v=lkDo4cTuSTc
youtu.be/NWggs66Fv9U
youtu.be/aZuI3ZkCHfs
youtu.be/yoqWRA2bt3E
lisa-rpg.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_Games
clovisimerovingian.tumblr.com/post/146014815463/arkantos-mod-is-finally-released-if-you-have-any
youtu.be/xu0KIQp6EEs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JU__bc58oXo
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF&v=e2FSqFxXeTY
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF¶ms=OAFIAVgG&v=v-DEPe4sO1k&mode=NORMAL
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF¶ms=OAFIAVgL&v=F9iC8i1t5Qw&mode=NORMAL
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF¶ms=OAFIAVgM&v=9iT78OqNrOY&mode=NORMAL
youtu.be/6An7KGK6U3c
youtu.be/ch-TDGW-zXs
youtube.com/watch?v=9iT78OqNrOY
youtube.com/watch?v=P6q9pTPKq2A&index=8&list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF
youtube.com/watch?v=5omq3rKWsvs
youtube.com/watch?v=dkwXKL0F9Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=2fA8OeBltZw
youtube.com/watch?v=L5HKVNo9bSs
youtube.com/watch?v=bbBAMTF-yY4
youtube.com/watch?v=CpaVzCgFFYU
youtube.com/watch?v=1P4EP5TI574
youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't try to sneak Hylics in as if it had anything other than a soundtrack of absolute fucking garbage.

Undertale and OFF, switching places depending on the day.

None because not a single real instrument was used and fruity loopz

LISA. Undertales had some good tracks as well. Havent heard OFF's and I have no idea what that other one even is.

This, the only good track was the trailer/first battle song one.

I've not heard Hylics'

Out of the other three, undertale takes the top spot by a mile, mostly for excellent use of leitmotifs. Off and Lisa weren't bad, and Lisa definitely gets props for being unique. but there's really only a few songs I go back too, where as the whole Undertale OST is pretty damn memorable

LISA's was kind of interesting but not particularly good. I wouldn't want to listen to it.
It worked in the context of the game i guess.

Hylics was also "kind of interesting", and it worked in the context of the game, but again, it's not really anything stellar.
Space Funeral, a game which Hylics reminded me of, had some nice sounds, like youtube.com/watch?v=nblK0dtd1GA

Undertale's soundtrack was excellent, always fit the context, and is super memorable.

Off was too, but to a lesser extent

>When your final boss theme incorporates the first boss theme

youtube.com/watch?v=pcamjcoRmrQ

Hnnnng

Hylics was performed with actual instruments though

lol

Undertale>>Lisa>Off>>>>Hylics.

Doesn't matter if you still make it sound like shit. I'd take FL-made mass-produced-sounding shit any day.

But it's true, Hylics front loaded all it's best tracks on the first area and anything past then was very unmemorable.

Little baby can't handle noise rock?

Same question pretty much, what makes them the "best tracks"?

If it had been all noise rock it would have been an improvement, instead it is mostly muzak.

>OFF
Pepper Steak is great, but that's about it.

>Hylics
Decent, but nothing special, there are some utter garbage tracks mixed in the middle, battle music is fucking atrocious.

>Undertale
Same as Hylics, minus the garbage tracks.

>Lisa
Probably the best.

SOUPS
youtube.com/watch?v=aZuI3ZkCHfs

>instead it is mostly muzak.

Isn't that literally all videogame music by definition?

ON
youtube.com/watch?v=A-uBTE8GNbg

Undertale~=~Lisa>off>>>>>>>>>>>>>hylics

I would never go out of my way to listen to hylics music but the other three have a few killer songs.

>Muh indie hipster garbage tier of musical genre

Solid trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=_V5cOeSH4RI

youtube.com/watch?v=rnnqoFzT6p0

Wouldn't call the Hylics battle music atrocious, but it does seem like it doesn't really fit, and would have fit even less in any other game. Otherwise, it was pretty good.

>>Muh indie hipster garbage tier of musical genre
>he says this on the indie games thread (even moreso the MUSIC of said indie games)

lol

Fuck that guy.

>OFF
>not full of memorable tracks
Stay in your coma, dude
youtube.com/watch?v=WVph5zlM5JA

BABY
soundcloud.com/not-bees/666-pop-pop-deluxe

I was talking about noise rock or whatever the fuck is Hylicss music, you dumb cunt.

You know, I just realized another issue with the Hylics soundtrack that I should have realized long ago: none of the tracks were made to loop.

youtube.com/watch?v=hVF10aqfruk

LISA has one of the most unique and energetic soundtracks I've heard in awhile. Undertale's OST was too melodic and got old really fast for me, and OFF is almost a surreal horror game and goes for an entirely different tone. So I gotta go wit h LISA.

while tracks like are good, LISA has it beat for overall quality of songs and number of good songs

youtube.com/watch?v=RUamYxDhog0

youtube.com/watch?v=lkDo4cTuSTc

youtu.be/NWggs66Fv9U

youtu.be/aZuI3ZkCHfs

youtu.be/yoqWRA2bt3E

There's just so many different songs that are varied and sound so fucking good

OFF's soundtrack sets the best atmosphere.

Undertale's soundtrack is the catchiest and most memorable.

LISA's soundtrack is the quirkiest and most original.

What the fuck is hylics stop trying to push your indie garbage gb2 >>/agdg/

Huh..yeah, i see your point user!
I should probably play Lisa soon, I've been avoiding spoilers for a while- i just don't like hype trains

Actual instruments used to make not music

I want to play the lisa games. Which order?

Fucking do it user. I fell for the joyful hypetrain and I didn't regret a moment of it.

First
Painful
Joyful
Arkantos

>Arkantos
Wait what

The Painful -> The Joyful -> The First

lisa-rpg.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_Games

All of these songs sound like fucking garbage, kill yourself.

>666 Kill Chop Deluxe
*vuvuzela intensifies

just searched it myself. Might have a look at it later.

clovisimerovingian.tumblr.com/post/146014815463/arkantos-mod-is-finally-released-if-you-have-any

Here's some spoilers faggot Buddy rapes Bradley

youtu.be/xu0KIQp6EEs

LISA has the superior music.

Listen for a second and you will see.

None of them are close to their inspiration.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JU__bc58oXo

I haven't heard hylics but my opinion is
Lisa>undertale>off

I think all have great soundtracks though. Lisa has a lot of great songs and although there is some stuff I think sounds garbage most is great. Undertale is a little more generic but themes like the boss tunes are really great. Off's soundtrack feels off (I'm sorry but I don't know how else to put it). It works in the context I suppose but I try listening to its songs and generally just get kinda lost listening to them I suppose. Themes like pepper steak and fake orchestra are good.

>no space funeral
Absolutely disgusting.
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF&v=e2FSqFxXeTY
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF¶ms=OAFIAVgG&v=v-DEPe4sO1k&mode=NORMAL
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF¶ms=OAFIAVgL&v=F9iC8i1t5Qw&mode=NORMAL
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF¶ms=OAFIAVgM&v=9iT78OqNrOY&mode=NORMAL

I like em all but
Undertale > OFF > LISA > Hylics

Les Rallizes Denudes is a great band, never played Space Funeral though. Is it good?

Undertale=LISA>Pepper Steak>>>OFF
And I haven't played Hylics, Space Funeral or Oneshot.
Are there any more games in the "artsy game done by one guy" category?

Most stuff in this list

I hope you realize that most of Space Funeral's music is old psychedelia, not original

This chart has some great stuff, but i really dont understand why stuff like illegal crime game or murder dog is on there, they're pretty forgetable

Really? Ok, I admit ignorance. Source on any of them.

Undertale desu

those are airhorns

The playlist you posted had the sources in the description for all of the songs, but here are a couple
youtu.be/6An7KGK6U3c
youtu.be/ch-TDGW-zXs

Add four winds fantasy, I believe that's the name. Literally made in ms paint, sold on xbox live I believe.

Playing OFF for the first time in the middle of the night made me so scared because of the designs and eerie music.
I also hate that feeling of knowing nothing and nothing making sense for you, while the characters act in their own strange ways.
It felt like a game made by a game-designing Corwid from Zeno Clash.

below the top left dood

>space funeral had a memorable soundtrack despite all of it being free-use
maybe theres hope for MY absurdistcore game

Wtf? They used a song from Lisa in a commercial?

Felt the same way about the first third of space funeral, meeting that wizard was unnerving as fuck. The game then becomes mostly silly after that though.

Dracula's theme is by a man named Vyacherslav Mescherin, who composed music in the Soviet Union between the 60s and 80s for public service television and kids cartoons.
youtube.com/watch?v=9iT78OqNrOY

Lisa's is the most unique but Undertale is the most consistant in quality. I can't think of a single bad track in it.

Guess I missed it, sorry.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6q9pTPKq2A&index=8&list=PL13655B6CE06B7BEF

Is there any reason for why a title like Yume Nikki to not be in this list? Is it because it's too popular?

I've only played LISA: THE PAINFUL, LISA: THE JOYFUL and Undertale. I'd say they've all got decent soundtracks, but LISA: THE JOYFUL and Undertale have better soundtracks than LISA: THE PAINFUL in my opinion, solely because LISA: THE PAINFUL has some pretty annoying songs in there.

Also why does no one mention the Space Funeral games when talking about Mother-likes? Barring Space Funeral 4 of course because that one is a heaping pile of shit made by a tranny.

Yume Nikki's not that weird in my opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=5omq3rKWsvs

>talking shit about Lisa the Painful

youtube.com/watch?v=dkwXKL0F9Fg

youtube.com/watch?v=2fA8OeBltZw

youtube.com/watch?v=L5HKVNo9bSs

youtube.com/watch?v=bbBAMTF-yY4

Neither is OFF or Barkley, Shut Up and Jam.

In the dialogue and story sense, they're absurdist. Yume Nikki is more surreal and doesn't really have a story. And I don't know why LSD is on the list, personally I wouldn't put it on there.

Space funeral is the most obscure of them, off was a HUGE deal on tumblr at one point and LISA has been getting some attention as it's been compared to UT.

Space funeral is just way to obtuse and purposely grotesque compared to the others. The imagery in SF is some of the most nightmarish I've seen in a game. It has it's fans but it's just too different I suppose.

Yeah SF4 looks like shit, I don't know what's up with that. The constant "meme" and internet lingo feels so off putting. SF had a few video game refrence, I remember a refrence to pokemon, but nothing forced. Art looks amazing though, seriously pretty nice pixel art for a fan game.

This image reminded me that Barkley 2 is never fucking coming out.

How would you rank SF compared to the other games?

Okay I get you but hear me out HU HUH HU HUH HU HUH HU HUH HU HUH
HU HU HU HU HUU.

They made an update on the Kickstarter a few months ago saying they're still working on it.

It was supposed to release in 2013.

And Mother 4 was supposed to release in 2014

>tfw they'll never finish the prequel to Murder Dog
youtube.com/watch?v=CpaVzCgFFYU

With games like these it's a bit more difficult. Let's be honest, most of these games have objectively terrible gameplay, which space funeral has. The writing and atmosphere, which us why we put up with them, is quite like no other.

I never played hylics but compared to the emotion turmoil that is prominent in off, lisa, and undertale is gone from space funeral. It's quite silly and doesn't take itself serious for a second. Another thing is that the first third is the most intense to me. It seriously unnerved me more then certain horror games, I truly felt uncomfortable and even nervous to continue on. It kinda throws this away about a little before the half point so if that's a goid or bad thing depends on you.

I say play it, should take like 3 hours at max I believe. Game is piss easy too. Definitely an "experience", maybe not a necessarily a great one but a experience.

Ass

>can't listen to this song without hearing this anymore
youtube.com/watch?v=1P4EP5TI574

The problem is at some point you have to stop reducing things in videogames to "gameplay" (the definition of which is still kind of.. complete bullshit? Specially if you want to critique it?).

Space Funeral's "gameplay" is obviously just the RPG Maker system, but the creator is definitely influenced because he uses JRPG tropes and exaggerates them to the point of absurdity (which fits in the game itself).

The "mystery" command in particular reflects the arbitrary bullshit in games like FF. Recently I saw FFV's final boss (Neo-Exdeath) for the first time, who is by the way complete bullshit. He randomly can and will wipe your party out, it's pretty much just RNG. Space Funeral takes this and puts it on to the player.

I don't really care about how easy the game is. Difficulty in RPGs like the ones SF pays homage to is just usually "gotta inflate those numbers to make the players grind". I'd rather it be the short, sweet experience it is than for it to be "difficult" in this sense. This might be another way it gives the middle finger to JRPGs.

The game gives you a bunch of items you never use. The most "OP" weapons are at your disposal fairly easily, and you can equip them on your entire party.

If Space Funeral took its own "gameplay" seriously it would clash with the rest of the game and end up being complete garbage.

I mean, this might sound pretentious but the battles play out more like vaudevillian skits than "battles". The fact that (due to RPG Maker mostly) they have the structure of Final Fantasy just makes them more absurd.

Undertale is cancer

WORK HARDER NOT SMARTER WORK HARDER NOT SMARTER WORK HARDER NOT SMARTER

youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M

This is true, but it's cancer with a great soundtrack.

>I'm retarded and don't understand fitting music
Ok

GOAT samples

OFF > LISA > Undertale >>>> Hylics

Pepper Steak was actually one of the worst songs on OFF.

Undertale has more unique songs

LISA's soundtrack is fucking garbage

Undertale > Lisa > OFF
I haven't played OFF for a while, but I only recall 3 memorable songs. I've never even heard of Hylics before.

I enjoyed Hylics for how ridiculous it was, I really got a kick out of the randomly-generated dialogue, but I don't remember a single track from it. Doesn't really deserve to be on that list if you ask me.

I was just as shocked as you are when I first heard it but I'm pretty sure that beat is a free-use sample

Could someone please for the love of god post a Les Rallizes Denudes torrent or collection or something, everywhere I look is dead links.
I'm surprised there's nothing Mondo on that list.