Had FFX remaster downloaded since release

>Had FFX remaster downloaded since release
>decide to install it and play it again for old times sake
>menu music starts playing
>all of my joy from playing it starts flooding back

Why was this the best Final Fantasy? HA HA HA HA HA memes aside, I found it to be perfect.

Characters are fucking dumb as shit and it's annoying. There's no one likeable in the cast except Jecht.

Are you saying you don't even like me, ya?

It's decent but probably the thing that has aged worst is that 90% of the game is walking up corridors

Better dead than Al'Bhed, ya?

The 100% shit in X-2 is a little harsh at times.

>Gotta watch com spheres on the airship.
>Watch the Kilika Temple one.
>Wait forever. Scan around from time to time.
>Minutes go by and nothing.
>Watch it again but it's broke.
>Can't get mission complete in Kilika in next chapter because I didn't watch Dona's man servant break said com sphere.

Yeah alright. M'kay. Sure.

Easy
>most accessible
>turn-based is what people think of when they think JRPG and this is true turn-based
>memorable characters with a clearly defined combat and story role
>decently paced story with plot twists to keep the story going
>a fleshed out mini-game
>lots of side and end-game content
>a great soundtrack
>distinct summons that are actually useful without being gamebreaking
>open ended combat roles for all characters for end-game
>useful combat abilities for all characters
It's just a really well made game

It's almost a guaranteed 100% if you replay it and choose the second faction, assuming you did all side content the first time. People over exaggerate how hard it is to get 100%. That's only true if you're trying to do it in a single playthrough.

Playing remaster now

Just blasting my way through all of blitzball to get the jupiter sigil

I hope you pick the old music though OP

Because you're a tasteless ps2babby

I thought it was impossible to do in 1 playthrough?

>tfw no HD version of this gif

Everything about it was so well done.
It really is the best one.

No, you can do it. But you can't miss any side events, you have to do things in a certain order, and you miss out on some items.

I MIGHT be possible. There's a guide on gamefaqs where every little percentage point is accounted for, and the auther swears up and down it's possible if you follow it exactly.

But he's also a douche judging by his opening explanation and he leaves out some little tidbits like how long to wait for a com sphere trigger and such. It's best to just do what you can then pick the other faction because holy shit.

At least you can just get the mascot dress sphere in the arena, but I dunno what level you should be at.

I love the pace of the upgrade progression. By the time you get through each characters individual sphere grids, you are perfectly leveled for a tough, challenging, but rewarding final battle. Every character has their niche and is useful at their given role, and you have to use them all effectively. After you go past that for postgame stuff that breaks down, but up until that point it's really balanced well.

Well is it a spoiler free guide? It's kind of hard to write a guide for maximum completion while at the same time trying not to spoil it. Some people are weird and wants to 100% a game in one playthrough while playing it for the first time.

That's what I was trying to do, but I fucked up somewhere along the line and my percentage wasn't where it was supposed to be. Really demoralized me from wanting to keep playing.

I personally wouldn't recommend going for 100% on your first playthrough. It was really too many hoops to jump through at once, you have to follow the guide to the T.

>buy it used on vita
>doesn't come with x-2
>if i want x-2 i have to buy the game all over again

I did a 100% single playthrough when I was obsessed with trophies. Wasn't that bad if you have the guide-book, since it basically tells you exactly what to do in order. Feels like going through a checklist rather than playing a game, but damn is it convenient for trophy hunting

damn that sucks man. Yea x-2 is a downloadable code in the box. You would hope the person you bought it from woulda told you that.

Oh yea if you're trophy hunting then it's definitely the best way of doing it. Definitely feels like a checklist though. The game itself was still enjoyable though, especially the combat. I might pick it back up and see if I can get through it.

I get spoiled by the monster teams since it feels like they're so much stronger than the girls. Also act much faster too since they're AI's.

It can be done, it's just very hard not to fuck something up. I'm doing it atm and I'm using 2 guides and the old physical guide and I still lost 1% somewhere.

The fucking detective rin mission had me confused and I ended up getting an episode cincluded. Had to redo all the commspheres again because I forgot to save.

>Why was this the best Final Fantasy?
it isnt

um, excuse you?

The thing that fucks me up is the Calm Lands promoting.

I go to start a game on the remaster but never bother when I remember that

You only need so many points for that right? I think if you follow a guide for chapters 1 and 2 you should be good. Or not. I dunno. I was going to plat the HD release but it's just not worth it.

For 100% you only need 400 points with one company. It's not too bad if you have a decent guide and can be done fairly quickly.
It helps if you do it alongside the 'find the boy a wife' thing from the calm lands travel agency.

is he having a seizure

haste affects the speed of your victory pose

I tried playing it and found out that it was literally a corridor simulator.

You have shit taste OP, not even the characters are good, maybe Rikku since she's fapbait, but you have so many other better Final Fantasy games.

>Why was this the best Final Fantasy?
Because you were 10 years old when you played it.

can't wait to tap the Lulu

I profoundly remember how western reviewers thought it was shit compared to IX yet were baffled about how it got so high reviews in the east.

Time truly flies.

Yet anons complain about western moviegames

Played FFVI up to XII.

I find that X is the least one I enjoyed.

>remaster
better off emulating it user