I work for EA Canada AMA

I work for EA Vancouver on various projects. I have been involved with Fifa 17 recently so can answer some questions about the game and any other questions you kids have. Be nice.

Your game is shit kill yourself

Why do you faggots have to ruin Battlefront? Why can't you make fun sports games like NFL and NBA Street?

This

Greek league when?

Well DICE and Criterion worked on those games together so I can't speak for them but afaik a lot of the devs weren't too happy with the direction the game eventually ended up taking.

They were forced to take lots of shortcuts by marketing and upper management WRT having no campaign, space battles, galactic conquest etc, which were obviously unpopular decisions.

Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast at EA these days, the suits and bean counters that don't really play the games have a massive influence on game development here now.

A lot of us here still play Street actually, we have talked about a reboot in the future but its difficult to allocate resources when Fifa has to be released every year and FUT is #1 priority.

What's your thoughts on 4CC?
Is that you guys that keep shilling FEEFUR there?
Have you fixed physics spaghetti yet?

When are you going to get that legal stuff sorted out with NCAA Football?

Is Mass Effect Andromeda a clusterfuck?
It's suspicious how it's coming out in 8 months and we haven't seen any official gameplay.

>work
>FIFA 17
so you just rehash the same shit every year and call it a day

I don't know what 4cc is but I can tell you we don't really have "shills" dedicated to promote games on forums. Marketing focuses on the youtube and twitch demo heavily these days, guys like Spencer FC(met him when he visited, nice kid but he literally got a golden ticket) and the other guys with millions of views and subs get lots of perks and sneak peaks to basically promote the game due to their huge followings.

Physics are pretty much the same, just ported over to the new engine. Gameplay wise the game won't be too different from 16 except pace has been given a bit of a boost again so expect lots of sweaty teams again this year. The new engine really only helped us with the cutscenes and story mode this year.

>fifa
how you manage to release the same game for ..what ? 22 years? earliest fifa i remember is 94 and still have a job?

How do you take what has essentially been the same game for over 8 years and not only not add new features, but actually take some away with every iteration?

>hey kids, I work for the devil
>be nice :3

I think EA Orlando is the lead dev on that and I'm not hugely familiar with the situation. Sorry

just when I thought things couldn't get any worse

You guys can suck my micropenis.

Is there new pro clubs customization, my pro's in dire need of a new haircut

Because you will still buy it. It's akin to motivating yourself to get a real job when your rich dad will just give you however much money you want anyways.

Americunts that understand nothing about football\soccer think that fifa is the same for 22 years. kek

>yurotards are so dumb they will buy the same game every year just because they change the cover to their favorite diveball kicker

>AMA

Yes it is in need of an overhaul, you'd be surprised how many people here call it their favorite game mode. Upper management actually wanted it removed a couple years ago because they couldn't find a feasible way to monetize it despite its popularity. They figured removing it would shift a lot of players to FUT but there was a huge backlash by the employees and they eventually backed off.

You have cosmetic upgrades this year with kit, badge and tattoos. You won't be able to upload your own though like NBA unfortunately, it will be from a pre determined list of of options. The ayer attribute system has also been changed. That's about it for pro clubs this year unfortunately.

Do you know anything about the divisions of EA? How are they doing? Are they showing something at PAX?

This too. I know they plan to show stuff on November during the N7 Day, but what about the game and the rest of Bioware's stuff?

Bioware will make a serviceable game but don't expect anything groundbreaking. They sent us an early build and although I didn't personally play it, it looked okay.

last fifa i got was 96
last one i pirated was 98-99 ? the one with that "woo ooo" song

Did your team have fun bribing Fifpro licenses (the list names and players body apparences) just for stop PES sales?

i'm spanish, i'm not a faggot who enjoys seeing 22 retards run after a ball on underwear
it have been 2 decades since i stoped caring of it

I haven't really had time to see whats going in at PAX West this year because this is our busy season but I don't think there will be any major EA announcements there.

We didn't need to. Konami did a fine job of ruining their goodwill with the transfers shambles and the goalkeeper issues.

>we don't have "shills".
They only bribe sports websites to make fun the another dev.

I hope Bioware never remembers Jade Empire and fuck you EA fags for killing Pandemic.

I know this is shitposting but I'm still pissed about Pandemic.

Is there anyway i can join a different team other than Man Ushited in the career mode?

Why do I have to play as a nigger in the story mode?

not that user, but that's a pity. i wanted to see if bioware was showing something new like DA4 or if at least EA was planning something before Andromeda releases.

I hope this year won't be as slow as the last one.

>I work for EA
How could you? Have you no shame?

It's any team in the premier league.

I do but I also have bills.

We all do, mate. But fucking EA? Come on.

If konami blew it. Why some devs said "bye Lewandoski, Ramsey, Bale" because someone said Fifpro "hey buddy those players are exclusive for us".

Struggling to comprehend what that has to do with Konami ruining their own launch last year but ok. All I'd say is if the tables were turned what do you think Konami would do? Protip: look no further than the MGS and Kojima situation and you realize they are no angels.

Thanks for the question guys this was fun I'm gonna head out now. Keep it real Sup Forums.

P.S. I have to say I'm surprised nobody asked about "scripting" since that has always been a hot topic amongst the players. ;)

FIFA is for _____

literally why do I have to play as a black man called Alex Hunter

that's stupid as fuck

I am neither black nor called Alex Hunter

You should shill it like: Fifa 17 now with "Not Script Engine". ;)

Bring back ea sports big. And ssx.
Not really a question but so be it.

have you guys added any features or actually improved manager mode?

>training sessions
>preseason tournaments
steps in the right direction

>blatant scripting/cheating when playing against CPU
>even on full-manual controls
>drunken 12 year old fantasy transfer windows

only ask because that's all i play, and given EA's neglect towards manager mode, i'm probably done with FIFA.