>>350070595

>mouse support
nice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I-8Xpof_q4s
youtube.com/watch?v=okiAESpwmRc
youtube.com/watch?v=hJL04Qod7ls
youtube.com/watch?v=TSL-SOPVPIs
gematsu.com/2015/12/god-eater-resurrection-god-eater-2-rage-burst-localization-only-english-voices
twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/769192326044520448
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Lose your arm
>Grow a fucking rad aragami arm.
>Hey Lindow maybe you should cover that shit, it gives bad vibes.
>Get a fucking gold gauntlet.

I thought he couldn't be more smug and based after the first game, but yeah, he's now the bling god.

Less than 1 day left to preorder for a free copy of Resurrection.

For some reason my inner pessimist is afraid the guy doesn't know what true "mouse support" is and he was probably just saying "lol yea you can navigate the menus with your mouse"

RE is always included on PC

>it's in every box even without pre-order in europe
>americans have to pay 60bucks for 1+2 on Vita
>pay 40 for a physical of 2 and get a free code for 1
Feels good.

Is it worth playing single player?

So is this going to be the closest thing to pc monster hunster we can get?

>denuvo

nah.... Toukiden is pretty much the closest thing to PC monster hunter you'll get.

Yes, the AI is very very competent. They're not nerfeed gimmicky companions ala Felynes/Palicos/Shakalaka in Monster Hunter, they're a pretty close approximation of playing the game with someone but not. Everything is soloable.

But it's censored :/

Except Toukiden is shit.

Mostly nintendo fanboys who never tried toukiden claims it's shit.

Look up a video. You'll see the censorship is practically nil.

What was censored?

Wait I'm pretty sure you get both games even after release, at least on PC.
Toukiden isn't shit, the PC port is shit though.
Only the blood was toned down, now you have blood "clouds" instead of blood splashes, we even got the boob grab scene back from GER.
Well it's more solo friendly than MH that's for sure, but every other MH-like game is more solo friendly than MH.

blood

If i pre-purchase do i get access to GeR now or do i have to wait until release?

For PC you have to wait for release. If you prepurchase it for vita or ps4 I think you access to it now.

>try out gods eater burst on psp
>three weapons, a gun, and a shield is all you can use
>they are barely different and are all held in the exact same stance
>the weapon movesets are extremely small and shallow
>the only part with actual depth is bullet crafting and that's just fucking around in a menu and can't even be considered gameplay

If they've expanded and improved I might be willing to get a used copy if I see one for cheap sometime but if not then I have no choice but to say it's a shit franchise.

The game is $70 here so I'm not sure I want to drop that much on something which I may not like

no japanese dub no buy

That song is pretty good desu

Any screenshots or videos comparing the two?

They reduced the blood

Anyway, Censorship Gaming made a video about Resurrection censorship
youtube.com/watch?v=I-8Xpof_q4s

I just watched it, but they never show western version.

So pretty much the closest thing to PC monster hunter you'll get.

How long do the communities of these PS ports usually last on the PC?
I'm averse of buying the PS4 version since PS store charges like 20€ more than Steam for the bundle.

Fair.

Because the differences are too little to bother.

I want to say im interested but i don't even know what you do in these Monster Hunter style games.

I just wanted to see a comparison. My copy just got sent out. Will arrive tomorrow.

I'm completely new to the series, should I play the first game or go right to the sequel?
I'm usually betting bored with games rather quick, so I'm not sure if I want more of the same after the first game.

Is it true gear is all just aesthetic?

youtube.com/watch?v=okiAESpwmRc

As far as I know, no one ever made a comparison video between JP and NA version.

The games are very plot centric so you ideally want to play Resurrection first. Rage Burst has a mechanic where you customize your weapon combos which will make it feel more distinct.

Just a heads up the American PlayStation store has the date as 10.04.16.

Thanks famalam

>pick a weapon
>kill monsters
>get loot
>make new weapons and snazzy clothing with your loot
>use the stronger weapons to kill stronger monsters
>repeat

The genre's definitely not for everyone, especially if you hate grind. It's usually the combat in combination with the satisfaction of taking huge things down and turning them into swords that makes the games enjoyable to play.

Multiplayer is recommended but it's still fun stuff solo.

How is the customization in these games? I only played monster hunter so if you can compare it to that would be swell

Clothing is purely cosmetic. Your armor rating is based on your shield.

Your weapon is made out of a melee part, gun and shield. You can mix and match them or go for a themed set made out of a particular monster. God Eater 2 lets you customize your weapon combos with Blood Arts.

You can change your tops and bottoms (and there's many color variations for each). Unlike Monster Hunter all your defense comes from your shields, not your clothing. Your clothing is just to look nice.

As far as base customization goes, you can change face type, eye color, hair style, hair color, skin color, and then add an accessory, like glasses.

>the PC port is shit though

Why? I pirated it and had absolutely no qualms about the port.

Trivial questions:

Do the cutscenes in Resurrection look less stiff than in Burst? Are the Burst cutscenes updated in Resurrection?

Is the redub better than Burst's original dub?

Do their mouths actually match their voices this time around? For as much effort as they put into redubbing the game their lips better not be mouting the Japanese audio.

I see, is the combat enjoyable?

It's vey fast-paced, this isn't an apt comparison but I guess closer to that of Devil May Cry than Monster Hunter? It's more about reflex than timing and strategy. Air attacks, dashes and the like.

I need pictures! Pictures of cool looking monsters!

Convince me to go hunting, all I see is in these threads is fanart of waifus.

The major complain that MH fans with GE combat is that it lacks weight. This is true. Heavy GE weapons like the Buster Sword and Boost Hammer are swung pretty damn fast comparted to MH's GS and Hammer.

GE's combat is less about playing to you and the monster's animation locks and simply about getting in the monster's face and dodging/blocking as need. You can play a lot more aggressive and the game rewards you for it.

Also, your gun has farm more damage output than your melee weapon with the right bullet build.

How coop friendly is the game? Can a friend and I just coop entirely and ignore single player?

You can do the entire main story co-op.

The game doesn't split missions between single and multi. All the missions can be done solo or in multiplayer.

fucking sold

>no split
No more mp exclusive monsters?
Fucking every other hunting game ever.

Oh shit, I'm sold. I've always wanted to go fast

Is there some form of healing other players too?

There are still missions scaled to 4 players launching overpowered custom bullets though.

You have healing ammo you can fire from your gun.

>You have healing ammo you can fire from your gun.
That just sounds so wrong, but whatever.

How does this game compares to Monster Hunter?

Reminder since this has Denuvo don't expect the PC community to last long

It's more like the other way around. The people who didn't back out after seeing the word "Denuvo" will probably hang around for a bit.

What are you trying to say? You wouldn't be able to play online even if it did not have Denuvo.

PC communities usually die quickly for these kinds of games. That and cheaters usually get their claws into the game and ruin the fun.

I really want to play with silky smooth 60fps too, but I picked up the PS4 version.

>cheaters usually get their claws into the game and ruin the fun

Legit players are perfectly capable of doing that on their own.
youtube.com/watch?v=hJL04Qod7ls

I'm pretty sure both Resurrection and Rage Burst have online.

I was talking about piratefags.

>ps4 version is 30 fps

SONYCUCkS ON SUICIDE WATCH

it's because it's locked to have crossplay with the vita

Custom bullets were a mistake.

Should I buy this for my ps4 or vita?

PS4 only has faster loading times but has a much higher price than the Vita version for practically the same experience.

Yes. It's a great idea, but they break the game.

It's just Gravegun: Gabbro and Arbalest that break the game. but Frugal and Trigger Happy don't help.

Does this game really needs 1gb vid card?

RE is always included, you'll only miss some skins/costumes.

You recommend I buy it on my vita? I'm reading that it doesn't give you the first game with the preorder I need clarification because I plan on purchasing today

What time is the game unlocked at?

>What time is the game unlocked at?
I wanna know too, it's like 12:30am here.

No, I don't think there's ever been a dev team stupid enough to tie their netcode to the framerate.

EU version has both games in the package no matter if you preorder or not.
Don't know about NA.

If you are NA, Vita Resurrection and Rage Burst were split and you have to buy them separately

Everyone else gets both.

No one knows. Go fucking tweet shitty ass Bamco.

Looks like a PS2 game or did I watch the wrong videos?

I'm not shelling out $60 for a game with low production values.

NA doesn't have a physical Vita version.

Same here. Although I did the same for overwatch and regret that a bit.

You're essentially buying a prettied up PSP game.
>NA doesn't have a physical Vita version.
Why though? Is the Vita so dead in NA they don't even bother with physical releases?

Launch trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=TSL-SOPVPIs

>dub
Please tell me i can chage the language in game

Well OW is obviously more of a PC game than a PC port of a Japanese handheld game, so the argument isn't really the same here.

Wait so what do I get for pre-ordering?
Nothing but costumes right? I can wait for the reviews on the port quality right?

60 dollars gets you two games unless you're on Vita in the US in which case "fuck you".

>Nothing but costumes right?

Correct.

Nope
gematsu.com/2015/12/god-eater-resurrection-god-eater-2-rage-burst-localization-only-english-voices

I would but then I'd be lying.

I'll wait then

Fwiw, TotalBiscuit reported last week that the port wasn't bad.

twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/769192326044520448

This is true. I meant more of who I would want to play with. I'm getting the ps4 version of this to play with my brother.

You guys are making the ps4 version sound more appealing since I get 2 games for $20 extra dollars.

>mfw they sell a Japanese voice pack as DLC