Enemy variety in video games

What are your favorite groups of video game enemies?

To me it's the enemy roster from Doom to Doom 2 with the exception of pain elementals and chaingunners.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o3aWFyumWCo
youtube.com/watch?v=qE-q48pmap8
youtube.com/watch?v=H07M3xlax2c
the-suffering.en.softonic.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Serious sam has a good variety, so do bioshock 1 and 2.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself

S Sam was fun

devil may cry 1

Star control 2
I felt that every alien you can encounter was well made and though out. Even the mindless "HURR DURR MURDURR" aliens have a good reason to murdurr

Yeah, that too

I like the enemies in Milia Wars, especially the lamia.

That's a cool looking snake

Shin Megami Tensei is the obvious answer imo, but I really loved the enemies in Final Fantasy 7. They were completely whacky and randumb but somehow they made it work. Both games would only be half as enjoyable without the huge enemy variety.

None of the Doom 2 additions were good.

Some had interesting ideas for chaingunner and pain elements were awful, there's also the level design in the game.

I think it's just a ball python, not sure of morph. Also getting stressed since it's not moving, so don't put your snek on high-thread-count fabrics for too long.

sorry bout the TUMBLR

Has a Mario game ever thought of making an enemy based on a fake question mark block to trick the player?

The reason SMB2 didnt make it to america

>What are invisible blocks

This block is really helpful in making certain jumps if the player finds it.

I meant like an enemy in disguise of a block

>Milia Wars
Never heard of it. what is?
Pic unrelated

Killing Floor specimens are among my favorite. They're so fun and silly and cute. I also love the redesigns in Killing Floor 2, but the game is much less fun.

This comic infuriates me

Borderlands 2's bandit composition vary on which area you go to.

Kek

>TFW no female guards or even secret nazi girls on HDoom

Impossible to keep these guys out

Do these count?

I also like Payday 2 specials. They are modern and semi-realistic, but also so silly.

Honorable mentions would be Onimusha, Dead Space, Parasite Eve 3 the 3rd Birthday, and Killzone games.

You fight against them sometimes, so yeah

The Suffering, and to a lesser extent its sequel had fantastic monster design and lore. I'll never forget how cool some of the archive pages were.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3aWFyumWCo

Skulldozers make my dick hard

Nevre played it, is it good?

>HOW ARE YOU
What was his problem?

Agreed. They look so good. Shame they aren't very tough.

Good call. Great designs. Shame about the very okay gameplay.

It's pretty mediocre, but definitely worth a play through.

Is this the best bestiary in a video game?

youtube.com/watch?v=qE-q48pmap8

youtube.com/watch?v=H07M3xlax2c

You know, the Ur-Quan and Kohr-Ah are, in my opinion, best and most fleshed out villains in any video game I have ever played.
And I am not even a nostalgia fag.

you really have to dig the story/setting/enemies. The game play is passable but I really liked the world it was set in.

It's free for PC now at Softonic.
the-suffering.en.softonic.com/

It's defintely better than 'ok.' It has a lot of secrets (flashbacks, spooky hallucinations) like serious sam games.

Why do horror games have such cool enemies?

Because they go well with their concept sometimes

Honorable mention goes to the Locust from Gears, one of the few times I preferred playing as the enemy.
My favorite enemy group in vidya is definitely the milbots from Metal Arms, in particular the grunts. Finding and hacking a flamer grunt was a special kind of fun.

>No MonHun yet
Come on guys, the monsters arguably are more the MCs than the players.

What about WORST enemy variety?

Pain elemental are no problem if you know how to deal with them, but chaingunners on the other side of the map? They can fuck off