Dorkly used it's shit opinion to rank the FF games. Looking at this, this is absolute garbage

Dorkly used it's shit opinion to rank the FF games. Looking at this, this is absolute garbage

dorkly.com/post/79159/ranking-the-final-fantasy-games-without-nostalgia-can-it-be-done

12. FF13
11. FF2
10. FF1
9. FF3
8. FF5
7. FF10
6. FF8
5. FF12
4. FF4
3. FF7
2. FF9
1. FF6

Hell, they didn't even rank the MMO games despite them being number title Final Fantasy games. Hell, this ranking system doesn't even work since half of the list above are ranked completely wrong.

What garbage clickbait article.

Not a horrible ranking

Pretty decent desu senpai

MMO'S are all dogshit, by the way.

I'd put 5 higher and 8 lower, but that's not a complete embarrassment. At least they recognized which two entries belong at the very bottom.

It absolutely is a bad ranking. Why is FF13 last place when it's clearly above most of those games purely because of how well it sold, fan demand and reception?

Why is FF7 only 3rd place when the game basically brought everything of the franchise into mainstream?

Why is FF8 and FF12 considered better than FF10 and FF13?

Why is FF9 so high up the list despite having less sales and reception than FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF10, FF13?

This is a bullshit list.

>Why is FF13 last place when it's clearly above most of those games purely because of how well it sold
Sales doesn't indicate the game is good, it indicates the advertising was worth the money.

Sales are part of the reception! Look at FF7! Look at FF10! Look at FF8! Look at FF4 and FF6! They make games so that they can sell and make money! That's why the video game industry is an industry FIRST!

Hell, FF13 got a subseries due to how well it was received because of fan demand!

I guess CoD is the best series ever then.

Why do you type like a faggot?

You sound like a Nickelback fan.

FF7 is objectively the best one.

Good list actually. FF6 and 9 are better than 7. FF13 below FF2 might be pushing it though

XIII was widely hyped up before release, now it's shat on, it has no legacy.

It continues to astound me how high people rate 9. There's only so much milage you can get out of the story and characters before you realize that the battle system is complete garbage, the level up system is an objective major step back from the innovations in 7 and 8, and the minigames are uninspired and dull.

The ranking isbased on what games they think are the best. Not what game changed the genre/sold well. Even if FF6 sold 1 copy. It's still their number one becthis list is basing quality only. You can't be this fucking dumb.

>anything below 2
>5&10 below 8
>12 anywhere near the top 5
nope

But its fine, pretty decent. Frankly Id put 5 over 10 and 8, and 10 over 8. But the rest is pretty spot on.

>FFVI in first place

Let me guess, the list says something about how FFVII is overrated? It's like I'm back on 2008-era Sup Forums all over again. Maybe in six years time they'll do the same list again and FFV will be at the top.

Nah, 6 is just better than 7.

FFV will never top a list because nobody in the west has nostalgia for it.

The list wasnt about the best received FF games. It was about the best FF games.

Transformers are well received by its fanbase, and sell a trillion tickets. So Justin Bieber music.

Frankly nothing that you said is an actual argument to the quality of the games.

FF13 was awfully received and only sold through name alone. Thats why next entries sold like shit and LR, the actual best game of the saga sold barely 1m.

oh I see, you're butthurt 7 isn't first

>Without nostalgia
>,6, 9 and 7 are top 3

VII shouldn't be that high if you were ranking the game without nostalgia. Heck, nostalgia is the only reason anyone would play it nowadays

8. FF8
7. FF10
6. FF5

3. FF9
2. FF7

Fixed it. The rest is fine. Im glad people are starting to finally see FFX was a linear boring piece of shit with some of the worst dungeons and level design of the series.

It's actually not that bad. I think FF6 represents the series the best and deserves the number one spot for having the best balance of everything FF does right.
8 is my favorite though.

>FF1 and FF2 over XIII

I can't take this list seriously

>Someone puts THEIR OPINION up online.
>Some faggot spergs out because he disagrees.
>His reasoning is that others sold better
>Yet it is still one person's opinion.

It's a list of what he thinks is best. Calm your autism boy.

I can.

Even if it's just nostalgia I'm willing to replay FF1, I will probably never touch 13 again.

>I guess CoD is the best series ever then.
CoD's sales are nothing compared to Mario, Pokemon, and Tetris.

Irrelevant. High sales dont equal quality.

The materia system is fun, characters are likable, the story is decent, minigames are great, etc. It deserves top five on any list.

t. assblasted 7fag

numerical lists for games like FF is retarded

Good FF games:
I
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
XI
XII

Bad FF games:
II
III
VIII
X
XIII
XIV
XV

How do you know XV is bad yet?

Not him, but it's a push to call it a FF game. Had very little in common with it.

I want it to be good, but nothing has shown me it will be yet. Not buying at launch, but will probably buy used sometime.

>XIII
>XIV

>Just remember to PREORDER™ No Man's Sky™
Unless you are literally a mouth breathing retard, anyone can see it coming. Its going to be shit.

The MMO games are not FF games. Hell, nothing past X-2 is FF either. You don't put Mario Kart in a list of the best platforming Mario games. End yourself.

I am not saying people should preorder blindly, that would be retarded. It is however free to look up reviews, gameplay videos and hear player feedback after the game is already out. Calling anything shit before its out is dumb.

FFX was the last good one

>FF6 in the 1st place
I hate Dorkly but that's absolutely based.

>Looking at this, this is absolute garbage
>What garbage clickbait article.
And now I will proceed to link it on Sup Forums. Please click and look at their ads.

>furfaggotry in 2nd place

That's a good list, fuck off contrarian fag.

That's an odd way of typing IX.

X was just as much a melodramatic, hallway simulator as XIII.

>you will never be this autistic