What do you think? Should I dump it?

What do you think? Should I dump it?

Yes please.

Yes, just to see DQfags cry about pirating the game.

yeh

Sure, ruin the series in the west even more.
I buy all DQ games from Japan now so who cares

>Sure, ruin the series in the west even more.
That's not actually possible

Its always possible, If Ive learned something at all during my boring life is that things can always get worse.

yes

Show the cartridge. I want to see if it has a nice art design or if its just the text.

Reminder.

Id rather you wouldnt
But someone will sooner or later so whatever

How much worse can the state of DQ possible get in the west? Like, be honest here, we're not getting any spin-off titles anymore except for the Minecraft clone on the dead as shit Vita, and the mainline games are getting released like three years after the JPN releases with completely butchered dialogue for "muh immersive accents"

The only way this can possibly get worse is if they just outright stop releasing the games here, and in a way, is that really a bad thing, considering pic related?

Are you serious?
Games are actually being localized for one right now.
And yes its always bad thing, I play the games in Japanese and still want the games to come over for series awareness and having more people to talk with that arent braindead nips

>completely butchered dialogue for "muh immersive accents
How the fuck are we suppose to translate the different regional dialects than?
If we keep it straight youll complain about "Wow they didnt keep it in character". Noone can win with you weeaboos.

Yes please.

I just wish the game was a bit more serious at times. I know DQ is not a source of super serious stories or characters, but the series having a bit of self respect would be nice, starting with the spells, some of the retarded puns, the accents and some monsters.

You realize in Japanese all the spells and plenty of monsters are also puns right

I hate you because I want that now

You're not going to regardless of how many replies you get.
Enjoy your (You)'s

I'm aware of some, but that's why the localization can tone down some of that retardness for the sake of being a series that can be respected by others than just the japs.

I see your point, its not easy for the west to understand that a product can be silly and tea jerking at the same time

I love the horrible puns. It's the accents that I never cared for.

>its not easy for the west to understand that a product can be silly and tea jerking at the same time
Jurassic Bark

It's not that, the problem is that you gotta shovel aside a shit ton of bad puns and idiocy to make it to the good parts. That's speak volumes of bad design choices on DQ devs part.

Well if thats your opinion you have to stop playing the games
If you are suggesting localizers should rewrite the whole game to make it serious then you can fuck right off

For shame, because DQ started fairly serious with humorous undertones. Now it's le fanny joke with serious shit in between.

If it weren't for Sup Forums I'd have forgotten this was coming out next month. The Dragon Quest social media pages are only talking about Builders. Someone's not doing their fucking job to hype this.

I dont see that at all but ok man

>Nintendo/Square Enix not marketing something that isn't Mario/Zelda or Final Fantasy

Par for the course.

>So we've got this spin-off of a series that's dead as shit in the west, doesn't appeal to children at all, and it's basically just a huge rip-off of Minecraft for a system that Sony left to die in a ditch over two years ago
>"Yeah promote the Hell out of this game Jeffrey, I want to see at least three posts a day on Twitter about it"
>What about this remake of what's widely considered to be one of the best titles in the series for the very much alive 3DS that has a huge market share that can easily fill the gap between now and Pokemon Sun & Moon?
>"What ABOUT it, Jeffrey?"

You're part of the problem.

In the trash? Yeah.

Nintendo offered to keep advertising the games back when 9 was relevant. I can't imagine they care anymore, and they're certainly not involved in localization it beyond "okay we'll let you put it on our systems." This one's on good old SE.

It's been an hour, post the cia

>fans beg for years for DQ to get localized
>square enix finally listens
>lol why buy it anymore we wont get anymore releases ill just pirate it

But, they are serious. It's not the team's fault you find accents humorous.

Congrats on figuring out how to use a printer, user.
Make sure to check your toner levels though because the top edge got a little chopped up

Were DQ1, 2 and 3 ever properly remade any capacity? 4, 5 and 6 at least got DS releases.

Those are bricks.

DQ1, 2, and 3 all received GBC/SNES remakes, then the SNES remakes were released on the Wii like that Super Mario All-Stars disc.

so are you gonna do it?

Daddy please!

>DQ
the whitebread of jrpgs
if your tastes haven't evolved to the point where DQ gameplay bores the shit out of you, you are a stunted worthless human

fine what would be the next step in the right direction?

a boyband adventure.

No. I want these games to keep coming out in America, if you dump it I will find and kill you.

You realize that for a title as big as Dragon Quest VII, it's going to get dumped before the street date or midnight at launch regardless, right?

Who cares, someone will dump it eventually anyway.
Why you faggos crying about 3DS games piracy now? You know it will happen!

Reminder that Square hates DQ and if they could safely scrap the series without the threat of a terrorist hit from the nips they would do it.

Is this one of the good DQs?

Yes, considering all the dragon quest games are good except 2.

Widely regarded as one of the best. It also has a pretty good job system.

OK, thanks

>you are a stunted worthless human

So I'm stunted because I have a greater attention span than your ADHD riddled self?
Cool

Apparently it's the one that takes the longest to finish, so it better be as good as DQV.

Some people just don't enjoy the "make another 5 steps down this corridor to trigger the next 15 minutes cutscene" Final Fantasy's "gameplay".

I've only played DQ8 for the PS2, should I jump in and give this a shot?

If you liked 8, you'll probably like the rest of them

Instead of getting skill points to allocate every certain arbitrary level, it has a job system. That's about it in terms of differences.